• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data DK Frame Data - Smash 4 Edition: Now with new Shieldstun!

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Character Competitive Impressions is basically exploding every 3 minutes right now because of Kong Cyclone. I support Kong Cyclone, and I'd like to clarify a few things. What frame can you first land after using Kong Cyclone? Including jumping, is the startup actually 21 frames?

Last edited:

Bear Eyez

Smash Rookie
Just curious if, anyone knows how the trip % works. For example if, I Dtilt and, it doesn't trip does the next attempt become greater than 40% or, does it just stay constant? Thank you!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Is the autocancel for nair correct?

If his nair comes out frame 10 and the autocancel goes until frame 9, then you should always autocancel if the first hitbox didn't come out, right?
If you do a short hop instant bair and then instant nair without a fastfall and on an even ground, you'll land with nair-lag even though the hitbox never appears.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Is the autocancel for nair correct?

If his nair comes out frame 10 and the autocancel goes until frame 9, then you should always autocancel if the first hitbox didn't come out, right?
If you do a short hop instant bair and then instant nair without a fastfall and on an even ground, you'll land with nair-lag even though the hitbox never appears.
The way it works is if you land on the same frame the attack comes out, you get landing lag and the attack never happens. Ideally that shouldn't happen, but it works out that way in this game. Basically the numbers are when you can land without lag, and landing (on frame 10 in this case) prevents any hitboxes from activating (or deactivates them if they are active).

I suspect the "Frame Cancel" AT is based on this behavior, activating the hitbox and deactivating it on the same frame.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Updated first and second post with the recent changes. The second post has a comparison chart for those curious about how much the (effective) shieldstun values have changed. The biggest winners are Fsmash, Lightning Punch, Focused Slap, Giant Punch and grounded Kong Cyclone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom