• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DK Buffed or Nerfed

Buffed or Nerfed

• Total voters

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
Ive Read through a fair amount of the Dk forums, and a common debate appears to be whether "Dk" has been improved or made worse during his transition, from brawl. As i would like to improve my Dk i feel as though its good to know the character more, and i honestly cant decide myself.

I'm aware smash Wiki officially referred to him as better than brawl, but many people seem to disagree.

If this has been done already, im sorry, this is my first thread.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
He got tradeoffs. I'd say he's about the same. For example, I believe his overall speed was buffed, but in turn he took a hit on power(pretty much every kill move is weaker). I think that's kind of dumb, considering Bowser got a gigantic speed buff and got better kill moves but w/e. In turn for having slightly better vertical gain on his UpB, they took away his perfect landing. I could ramble all day about DKs changes but I'll spare you. I think he fits in the "Buffed, But made worse due to the universal buffs in characters."

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
DK is about average right now, he got a sliiiight nerf in the 3DS era but it was minimal.

Tbh i think the only reason he isnt top tier is because 1) lots of landing lag problems so hes wide open a lot more than most people and 2) fake hitboxes like his arms on Fsmash and no lingering hitboxes like his Uair even though plenty of characters have a lingering hitbox on simply extending their foot (not even slamming it out, just extending it).

A misplay on him is painful because it almost always leads to a combo thrashing. But, if you avoid those things like accidental Fair when close to the ground hes still pretty powerful.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
It is a different game with different mechanics, comparing the 2 DK's is just a waste of time.

Dk is viable, especially with customs on...that is about all you need to know.

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
It is a different game with different mechanics, comparing the 2 DK's is just a waste of time.

Dk is viable, especially with customs on...that is about all you need to know.
Your 100% right Dk is viable, but i thought he had always been in all games, Just outside the "unviable" characters in melee, and a little higher in brawl. When it comes to customs i'm not a fan so i tend to avoid them.

It was the difference in mechanics that made me want to make this in the first place, i understand your point but its nice to know whether or not a character is "better" due to the mechanics than in the games before it, and since ive seen this argument a lot in the Dk forums i thought i would create a forum to end it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nerfed, Much worse than in brawl.
Buffed, Much better, and more viable.
Buffed, But made worse due to the universal buffs in characters.
Pretty much the same, just below mid tier where he has been in all games.
None of these, I'd say.

He's a bit worse, but not "much".

His range was really really good in Brawl. I don't feel half as comfortable with him as I was in Brawl, even though he had Dedede and MK is really bad MUs.

If you include customs, he's probably about the same, maybe a little better.

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
None of these, I'd say.

He's a bit worse, but not "much".

His range was really really good in Brawl. I don't feel half as comfortable with him as I was in Brawl, even though he had Dedede and MK is really bad MUs.

If you include customs, he's probably about the same, maybe a little better.
Okay i should of made that an option, i used "about the same" for both minor nerfed or minor buffed, mistake on my part sorry :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom