• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DJ Mirror & Azn Lep Presents: Arcadian II *Date Set: Oct. 2nd*

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
this tournament was amazing. I have a new respect for successful low tier players.

also, SD **** talking poor Lanstar was really funny (props to Lanstar for still winning with all the **** talk)

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
this tournament was amazing. I have a new respect for successful low tier players.

also, SD **** talking poor Lanstar was really funny (props to Lanstar for still winning with all the **** talk)
That was all me and Jun aahaha

Strain

Smash Apprentice
This was a really fun tourney, but it was really frustrating for me. I just HAD to wake up with a sinus infection :'( w/e tho I'll get you guys next time :)

Pools Shoutouts:
Boss - You're a really cool guy. It's too bad you play puff </3 lol I hope to see you again soon
Combofest - Nice seeing you again! It seems like you're improving :D
Stalin - It was nice talking to you for the little bit I did. It's always hard starting off but if you're vocal and ask ranked players for advice I'm sure you'll get better fast. Also our names looked really similar on the pool sheet and was kinda confusing for me at points haha not to mention how your team name was "bye" lol
Nappa (Napa? I'm not sure) - lol sorry if I was playing really gay against you. I was really frustrated cuz my tech skill was really off and FD is my favorite stage against falcon so I kinda made it an excuse to play like a *****. You had a man's handshake tho which is appropriate for a falcon player :)
Sunny - Your fox was really good! (And it was green which makes it automatically awesome) good **** on beating connor in brackets. I really want to play you again when I'm feeling my best, you'll probably still win tho lol

Other shoutouts:
Maple - It was nice meeting you and playing all the friendlies. I found it really funny I could take matches off your sheik yet I was unable to get out of pools for a tourney meant for unranked players haha P.S. I hate your marth
That sheik that's beaten azen - haha sorry I forgot your name! But you were a really chill, hope to see you at other tourneys :D
Westballz - good **** in grand finals! I was rooting for you the whole time. That nair at FD in the first set that killed yourself before stabbed died was so heartbreaking
Jkun - Always good to see you. I'm surprised you recognized me, most of my friends at school don't even recognize me with this haircut lol
HugQ - nice "remeeting" you :D Sorry for messing up in teams, I'll do better if we ever do it again
GSUB - ggs in doubles. It was nice talking to you even tho it was only briefly
Zhu - You recognized my face so I'm including you in shoutouts hahaha you're too ****ing good at this game
Peligro - always good seeing you Chris :D thanks for the ride
Manatee - Martinnnnn the end of your match with GSUB made me so sad :( good **** nonethless tho
MacD - When I play you in friendlies I can never tell if you're sandbagging or that's just your playstyle lol you still **** tho. And your zelda is sick
24 - I enjoyed our "commentary" during grand finals lol too bad we didn't get to play tho :/
Connor - I didn't really talk to you but you complimented me for a shine kill in a friendly so you get a heart <3
Lovage - I'm kinda glad you didn't come so you didn't see me play like poop lol

Also, sorry for not recording anything. I had a really ****ing bad headache and after getting my TV stolen at a smash tournament this summer I really didn't feel comfortable having someone else control my newly repaired laptop that I got back yesterday. <3 you all tho

and how could I forget? Thanks Pat/Jason/anyone else involved for hosting and making an awesome tournament! Had lots of fun :D

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Dude, I got ***** by by 2 shieks.
SD is shiek city.

I will do shout outs later.
To be fair, I did go zelda first round. I would have stayed zelda if we played anywhere but stadium/dreamland too haha.

Lanstar, I'm sorry for all of the **** talk. SD gets very... excited... sometimes lol. Good games, you did deserved that win. No johns, I was just outplayed haha. I'll get you next time :O

GSUB

Smash Lord
tournament was so ****
thanks pat and jason

shoutouts:
SK - ****kkkkkkkk, Falcon shouldn't BE that fast!!!! ahahhaha
LTB (Cameron) - GG's!!! Luigi is so weird, lol. super super close set! Nair to rest =D
Kirbyraeg - Your break seemed to help you out, seeing as how you've really improved your sheik!!! Keep it upppp!!!
Squid - *** FALCO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Get at more puffs so you do better next time!! ahha, gg's also!
LHG - Good games, it was really fun :) Mango surprisssssse!! Ahaha.
Alex (SENG) - Yo your falco seemed mad good! Just not against Puff!!! Hahahha, good seeing you again!!

Connor - Holly geezo thanks for all the support!!! All your ooo's and ahhhh's and cheering really helped me out during my match vs. PBS! And when I was Samus, loool! Really though, your support and kind words mean a lot to me!
MacD - Teams was really fun! I'm sorry we didn't do as well as you wanted, but I still had fun. Sorry for the burden!
Lanstar - Shiiiieeet, close/intense set. Can't wait to see it again when it gets uploaded! GG's :)
That one puff (XOXO tag + Blue Ribbon Puff) - Puff dittos are silly!! AHaha, good games, I was watching you play and our puffs play very similar! Keep it up!
PBS - Words cannot describe our set... **** was so scary.. ahahha. I'd like to play you again! Thanks for the fun set! Clutch as heck ending....
Doppelganger - Marf :/ you're too good at that matchup... haha. Cause I thought I was good at the puff marth matchup, you just did NOT let me get in! AHahha. Nice playing you!
That one Sheik who I played - I went like, puff, falcon, ganon, samus on you. Good games, don't get so frustrated yo! Just need to make some smarted decisions! Our games were really enjoyable!
Russel - I love your presence! I wanna see you at more stuff! :)
Ekkkkkkkkkkkoli the Legend!!! - Ahahhaha, it was great seeing you and how much you **** now!!! Keep it up and keep on representing GREV, we're stepping it up hardcore! =)
Bryant - Supppppppp. WIsh we played more! Good seeing ya!
Marque - Jerk for me biiiitch.
Stab - Holy **** dood good **** and errythingggggggggg!!! making it all the way to grand finals, 10 match and all! Keep this up and you'll being doing super great at regular tournaments also!!! Steppin it up for GREV also! =D
24 - You're a really funny and nice dood!! AHhah, I wanna see more of your puff, and I'll try out that nair vs far-recovering marth!
Westballz - **** we didn't play! Good shiet on taking first!! I always like seeing you around!! :) you raaape!
SDR - Our few friendlies were fun! Where's the Marth though?!??! THat's what I wanted!! Ahah, not your secondariessss..
Strain and Cortez - Our doubles match was super close!!! I regret not getting to play either of you in singles though =( see ya'll around!
Dave - Good stuff coming to the tournament and entering! Gettin all humbled and ish... ahhaha. Never see you anymore! Wish I did! Talking to you was kewl!
Cameron's - Suuuuuuup. I liked our little huddle (not really a huddle but w/e lol) and break, lol.
Kyle (Maple) - Dang we didn't play!! Sucks getting gayed by pools... hahah.
TheBOSS - We also never played! Gayyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Deth - Your Samus effin *****, Keep dat up.
ComboFest - You're such a little hype machin, cheerin everyone on, and then doing **** combos that make everyone go OOOOooOOoooOOoooOOOOOoOOoOOOoOOOOOoOo!!! Ahahah. You got good quick!

If I forgot you, SAY SOMETHIN!
I was happy with how I played :) room for improvement obviously! Hah.

Jun.

Smash Lord
Dude, I got ***** by by 2 shieks.
SD is shiek city.
like pnoy said

.... nahhhhhh. The only sheiks we ever play are PBS, outofdashdwz against marth, and my scrubby *** sheik that doesn't even really count. I seriously don't think there's another person that even remotely plays sheik.

LANSTAR: serious props to you man. You plays solid in 2 matches when you basically had the entire UCSD body rooting against you. GJ on being consistent like a rock.

more to come later I just woke up I feel like ****.

edit: oh yeah like GSUB said Rickety also.

bbb

Smash Champion
lanstar was a legit fella last time I met him

provided that was a ****ing long time ago

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Fun tournament.

Pool shoutouts:

SK - **** it, you're too good. Got owned, still fun though. :)
GSUB - LOL wow, I basically got 4 stocked the first match. The second match was fun though.
KirbyRaeg - Really different/interesting style than I'm used to playing when it comes to Sheik, sorry for the ICs dirtyness though. :)
Soge King/LTB - I'm afraid of Luigis, good matches dude.
Seng - Cool Falco, good pressuring. Peach is dirty though. :ohwell:
Squid - Super fun matches, I'm glad I was able to go Link AND Peach against you.

Tourney:

Azn_Lep/Pat - Best TO ever, thanks for running everything super smoothly even under a ton of pressure. You talkin **** was the funniest thing, along with jokes in that little room.
Pnoy/Richard - Even though I say this to your brother... YOU teach me Link. Good job on placing where you did going Link/Roy etc.
J Flo/Jason - We make the best pool sheets. **** yeah.
OG Oside (Maple, BOSS, Deth) - OGSD son, just realized I didn't play at all with you guys. Hope to see you around again.
Engdrew - Wish you stuck around some more, I need Ganon practice.
UCSD - You guys ****. Way to play like you guys did.
Jkun - Can't wait for Arcadian 3.
Pretty much everyone outside of SD: Thanks for coming, I should have played more friendlies.

Now I have a ton of work to do. :(

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
Left my cube at the lodge and completely forgot (silver one in the more empty corner of the bigger room), does anyone who helped fix up after happen to know where it could be?

Engdrew

Smash Journeyman
Same. I left my green back pack and wii there for two days. Need it back :/

ComboFest

Smash Lord
like pnoy said

.... nahhhhhh. The only sheiks we ever play are PBS, outofdashdwz against marth, and my scrubby *** sheik that doesn't even really count. I seriously don't think there's another person that even remotely plays sheik.

LANSTAR: serious props to you man. You plays solid in 2 matches when you basically had the entire UCSD body rooting against you. GJ on being consistent like a rock.

more to come later I just woke up I feel like ****.

edit: oh yeah like GSUB said Rickety also.
Man I had to be paired up against 2 shieks. Lol but yea
The zelda player is legit too. More practice against Falcos, Shieks, and wierd characters please :)

DJMirror

Smash Master
Shoutout

Pat - Goddammit you're amazing and I felt like I didn't do much. I kept telling you I'm not entering singles so I can do more work. Other than that thanks for everything. Plus the sandwich you got was amazing. some of the things that you said was funny as **** "PBS you have a big head" "I dont wanna play Kira in tournament because I'm 6-0 against him" LOL

Junkimchi - I don't know what the **** happen but you should have got it in the bag. The ipod is currently working nicely and such. I'll give you the 10 bucks next time I come down to UCSD.

SK - good **** on taking out the beast (MacD's zelda) that **** needs to stop. >.> Good **** on getting 3rd doubles. Sucks that you made that huge mistake =/

Strain - i had to take a triple take to make sure it was you because I wasn't so sure. Next time you got this.

ChizzelSD - Good **** doubles =] The godfather would've been proud =D

PBS - Good **** on doubles as well with SK. Sucks that you got taken out pretty earlier but cheer up there's next time.

Boss - thanks for coming and thanks for helping out running pools

LHG & J Flo - thanks for helping haha

Pnoy - so your link gets ***** but your yoshi is good? WTF is that? LOL!

Maple - Sick *** link dittos we did there.

Deth - Sup! Haven't seen you in awhile

Rickety -<3 Hi =D

Fly - nice see you again and glad that you had fun

Kao - sick *** roy you could have top 2 for sure =[

Connor - good **** on doing **** well with Pikachu too bad you can't talk **** to someone >.> *Stare at MacD's zelda*

Seng - Dude I haven't your *** for soooooo loonnnnngggggg!!!!!

JDM - Sup, thanks for bring my stick to the tournament.

Squid - Good **** in doubles =D

Kirbyraeg - we need to hang some more =[ You finally went to a tournament since..I don't know ahaha.

G&T - No I'm sure PsychoMidget's falcon and Puff will tap PBS's sheik. It was nice to hang out with you again =D

SDR - nice to see you again man. Hope

Stab - good **** in singles and doubles. This year grand final is way better than last year grand final. sadly I couldn't record anything since my laptop got ***** and i didn't have a recording program....Well better get something than none right?

Wesballz - You ****ing ****. We need to hang out more. Good **** for taking doubles and singles. Good **** ****** PBS & SK in doubles as well. Grand finals was sad =[ no one watch it and stuff since both teams wasn't from SD :laugh:

MacD - **** your zelda, I'm banning your zelda =[ good **** tho for doing well against marths, sheiks, falcos and foxes while having an hard time getting in and stuff.

GSUB - <3 good **** on beating PBS.

DATS - just keep playing you'll get good!

24 - fun friendlies that we had. <3 your commentary during grand finals.

Hyprid, Combofest & Spark - good **** to all of you guys: made it out of pools =D Our conversations about sheiks, pools and stuff were pretty funny hahaha. The starcraft conversation we have with Kira was pretty tight tho. Hyprid and Spark the next time we play friendlies and stuff I'll just play sheik haha.

Zhu - Good **** tho on getting 3rd. I think I'm going to ban Socal's top 5 from entering singles.

Kira - ****kkk you and squid were amazing in teams ahaha. Good **** tho. Natsu thought you were going falco in teams LOL I was like "Wtf? Nah" but I checked the control port and pointed out to Natsu that you were playing Ganon.

Natsu - Goddammit you ****ing noob lol
Doppelganger - you know you got ****ing lucky against Jun and don't even give me that "But well I *insert something funny*" speech LOL. Other than that good **** on making into brackets =D

If there's anyone else I left out I'm sorry

There's more but I'm working on it right now...

Strain

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking about it today, and I was wondering if I could find out Combofest's results in pools? I was trying to think of what the results were and why I got 4th and he got 3rd but I didn't see his results so I can only guess. The way I was figuring was:

Me vs Boss: 0-2
Me vs Combofest: 2-0
Me vs Stalin: 2-0
Me vs Nappa: 2-0
Me vs Sunny: 0-2
Total: 6-4

Combofest vs Boss: 1-2
Combofest vs Me: 0-2
Combofest vs Stalin: 2-0
Combofest vs Nappa: 2-0
Combofest vs Sunny: 1-2
Total: 6-6

If this was the case, then I should have for sure gotten 3rd. I'm just assuming his results tho since I was told he had more wins since he lost some sets 1-2. If he had beaten Sunny or Boss and lost to the other one 1-2 then that makes sense, but I was just talking to my brother and from the way I described it he thought I should have gotten out so it just got me thinking lol

ComboFest

Smash Lord
I was just thinking about it today, and I was wondering if I could find out Combofest's results in pools? I was trying to think of what the results were and why I got 4th and he got 3rd but I didn't see his results so I can only guess. The way I was figuring was:

Me vs Boss: 0-2
Me vs Combofest: 2-0
Me vs Stalin: 2-0
Me vs Nappa: 2-0
Me vs Sunny: 0-2
Total: 6-4

Combofest vs Boss: 1-2
Combofest vs Me: 0-2
Combofest vs Stalin: 2-0
Combofest vs Sunny: 1-2
Total: 6-6

If this was the case, then I should have for sure gotten 3rd. I'm just assuming his results tho since I was told he had more wins since he lost some sets 1-2. If he had beaten Sunny or Boss and lost to the other one 1-2 then that makes sense, but I was just talking to my brother and from the way I described it he thought I should have gotten out so it just got me thinking lol
Uhh in my pool i went

ComboFest vs boss: 2-0
ComboFest vs strain: 1-2
Combofest vs stalin: 2-0
ComboFest vs Sunny 1-2

I think i beat you once? Not sure.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
isnt the tie breaker rule determined as follows:

# sets won
H2H record
# of wins

NeoAkira

Smash Apprentice
Uhh in my pool i went

ComboFest vs boss: 2-0
ComboFest vs strain: 1-2
Combofest vs stalin: 2-0
ComboFest vs Sunny 1-2

I think i beat you once? Not sure.
I thought I 2 stocked you on dreamland then 1 stocked on pokemon. I could be wrong though, my head definitely wasn't thinking straight haha

If you got those results though you definitely deserved to go ahead of me though. Good **** :D

-Strain

edit: daniel I think I've seen it both ways (# of sets first, # of wins first) at different tournaments, I'm really not sure though. I always mix those up tbh

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Tafokints, pools are decided by sets, then record, then H2H. Plus if it went to H2H after sets won there'd be no reason for # of wins. H2H can't tie.

Edit:
Miguel and Andrew, I have your stuff. I'll bring it at the next smashfest.

Any TVs that were left at the venue were placed upstairs.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Shoutouts
Jkun/Azn_lep Great tourney ran well!!! And i gotta thank u guys for helping win MY FIRST TOURNEY!! WOO!!
24 : Haha thanks for being the greatest partner couldnt have done it without u =)
Kthnx : Always fun 2 hang out with u
Gsub : Dude i wish i played ur puff i heard u got rly GOOD!! Those doubles matches were scary cause i COULD NEVER GRAB U!!! Always Ducking!
SDR : Nice seeing u again man and i was scared EVERYTIME U GRABBED ME!!!
Lanstar : HOLY **** you got sooooo much better since i last played u
Stab : Haha great sets in Grand Finals i always love a challenge and the MM was pretty intense 2 =)
Knee of ky? : i forget ur name but you took a match off me in bracket!! u scared me!! Definitely have good reads!
MacD : Nice Doubles matches! UR ZELDA OWNS!!!
Connor : Wow ur pikachu owns nice MM set
Peligro : Ur peach is Impressive i havent seen a good peach other than connor's or macd's.
Zhu : Sry for yelling right next 2 ur ear but ur pikachu is mad good.
HugQ : U disapointed me man!! i was expecting u 2 get top 3 for sure! But always nice seeing u Man!
Fly : Nice friendlies u seem to amaze me everytime i play u! Some brawl **** with those chaingrabs
Hybrid : Nice Doubles matches! Ur forward smashes ****!
Kira : Always nice seeing u. Thanks for showing us how 2 get there =)
Squid : You definitely improved since the last time i played u!

First Tourney that ive ever won!! WOOOOO!!!

Top Bottom