• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yeah, but Dixie was in the DS version. We really know nothing about who owns what in Diddy Kong Racing other than the fact Microsoft owns Banjo and Conker. Everybody else in the game we have no idea who owns what.
Microsoft/Rare literally owns every character in DKR outside of Diddy and Krunch.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If you look at the copyright of Diddy Kong Racing DS, It also says "Certain characters licensed by Rare". Like mentioned before everyone else is owned by Microsoft, But the Kong's and Krunch are owned by Nintendo.

ds_diddykongracing.jpg

Fun fact: Some of you already know this ,But Banjo was actually owned by Nintendo alongside Diddy Kong and Krunch back in the N64 original, While he was originally created by Rare he was actually owned by Nintendo and then had to be licensed back to Rare.

DpQlPleWkAsuQom.jpg

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Alright I literally just missed the leak discussion, and as the guy who runs the thread I must weigh in.

IDK what's going on outside of this thread, as most of my lurking is spent here and on rare occasion in Crash and Rayman's corners. I don't know much about Fatman's reputation in other circles, but in regards to the rumors he shared I found it a welcome change of pace. Since this thread almost never focuses on leaks, hoaxes and rumors the appearance of rumors was a fun read, especially with the drought, but we won't let it dominate the thread. We'll keep our skepticism healthy and when things start getting out of hand we'll move onto other subjects. We got plenty of fanart, moveset ideas, thought exercises and music we can circulate.

We will take the rumors with a grain of salt and we'll believe it when we see it. It is fun food for thought but it won't become the driving force behind this thread like it is for many YouTube Channels, such as Blocked Content. Rumors, Leaks, and Hoaxes (which is what they often turn out to be) give us something to hope for but it runs the risk of spoiling our expectations and making the final product look like trash in comparison. We know how to hype responsibly and we will hype responsibly; if the subject of rumors, leaks and hoaxes gets heated then we should leave the subject alone for a bit and return to it later. There's another topic with a similar life cycle that we all more or less agree to leave alone when it gets out of hand; if that's how rumors, leaks and hoaxes must be handled then so be it.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Listen, I hate involving myself in any sort of drama when it's not related to whether or not Wrinkly Kong died, and I don't remember the full story, but Fatmanonice is not a credible leaker.

And from what I remember reading, there is some troubling cult-like behavior that developed in the Geno thread around his person which I would not like to see in the Dixie Kong thread.
I empathize with you Dixie fans; wanting to latch on to any potentially good news about your character, putting hope in slim chances, feeling overlooked by Nintendo. I'm an Isaac supporter, I get it, and I really hope we get Dixie some day sooner than later.

But please, save your faith for people with actual credibility.

There's no one here like that.
Glad someone actually said it. Love this thread and the Dixie community but it'd suck if it became another circlejerk where the only thing that gets discussed are false theories and leaks that are always around the corner and never come true. That's the number 1 way to turn a character with tons of merit to inclusion into a controversial choice just by force of scorn and mockery towards the fans.

It's never pleasant to be in a place where tempered expectations aren't welcome, and where criticism is a luxury few can afford. If that's how it's gonna be, Imma peace out like I had to in the other thread.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Glad someone actually said it. Love this thread and the Dixie community but it'd suck if it became another circlejerk where the only thing that gets discussed are false theories and leaks that are always around the corner and never come true. That's the number 1 way to turn a character with tons of merit to inclusion into a controversial choice just by force of scorn and mockery towards the fans.

It's never pleasant to be in a place where tempered expectations aren't welcome, and where criticism is a luxury few can afford. If that's how it's gonna be, Imma peace out like I had to in the other thread.
I'd hate to be that guy, but how do you know that the guy talked about is a circlejerk? From what I gathered, there are some who say he is a good friend. I would not call a good friend a circlejerk. And how do you even know that he even claimed his theories are 100% true, when he said the contrary before?

He does have sources, but just because he had some things wrong does not make him or his theories bad at all. In fact, not everyone I talked to who listens to his theories agrees with some of the things he has said. People make mistakes, even when leaking. Granted, getting things wrong most of the time is bad, but even if that were the case with Fatman, I would not say that makes him a bad person or a manipulator. He is just going by his sources, and sources can be wrong sometimes, too.

It seems like people want leakers or theorists to be right most of or 100% of the time for them to be good, which is not the case. We are supposed to be imperfect, after all, and yet some people act like perfection or near-perfection, in terms of theories in this case, and anything else, is the only acceptable thing for anyone to be accepted as a good theorist.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do adore the fact that you can basically connect all Nintendo worlds together at this point.

The Kongs, Banjo, and Conker all living in the Same universe was always a nice touch.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do adore the fact that you can basically connect all Nintendo worlds together at this point.

The Kongs, Banjo, and Conker all living in the Same universe was always a nice touch.
And Donkey Kong's world is part of the Mario universe, too. Would that mean that back then, Banjo and Conker were part of the Mario universe, too?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

That's not gonna happen. I enjoyed what Fatman shared but it's not gonna be the center of this thread's discussions. We know to be skeptical and believe it when we see it. He shouldn't be chased out for this though.

Samus, Game & Watch, Sonic and Earthworm Jim can also connect considering certain Easter Eggs.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Let's put some of this discussion into flipping this poll!

We need to show InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand that the Wrinkly seen in 64 and beyond is just a hologram! #wrinklyneverdied

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Well that finally answers our question. I figured this would be the case and that Nintendo would own Krunch because of him being a Kremling and all.
This was something we had going around the K. Rool thread for a while, since so many people still incorrectly believed Rare owned the Kremlings. It was quite annoying, as you can imagine.

On the topic of a Dixie Kong stage, I would love almost any new DK stage, but for Dixie specifically it should be a DKC3 stage or a Tropical Freeze stage. Neither of those games have any real representation in Smash even with what K. Rool brought with him, and it's sad. My dream choice of a stage would be Bashmaster's boss fight.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Let's put some of this discussion into flipping this poll!

We need to show InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand that the Wrinkly seen in 64 and beyond is just a hologram! #wrinklyneverdied
Hey Seashore....I...I was there when they buried her. I saw the certificate and everything. Cranky was more distraught than I ever saw him before or since, and DK, Diddy and Dixie were inconsolable for weeks. They usually leave Lanky out of family functions and even he came by to pay his respects.

She's....she's gone, man...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Trolling
I'd hate to be that guy, but how do you know that the guy talked about is a circlejerk?
Because I lived through it. Probably seems nice at the beginning, but it devolved into a paranoid, secluded community so out of touch with the rest of the Smash fanbase that any doubt or complaint was met with massive kickback.
And how do you even know that he even claimed his theories are 100% true, when he said the contrary before?
He doesn't have to say anything, because everything he posts is loads of stuff that no fan would want to disbelieve. And, and this is the most important part, he doesn't need to claim 100% certainty because the slightest question is infallibly followed by a post like this:
He does have sources, but just because he had some things wrong does not make him or his theories bad at all. In fact, not everyone I talked to who listens to his theories agrees with some of the things he has said. People make mistakes, even when leaking. Granted, getting things wrong most of the time is bad, but even if that were the case with Fatman, I would not say that makes him a bad person or a manipulator. He is just going by his sources, and sources can be wrong sometimes, too.

It seems like people want leakers or theorists to be right most of or 100% of the time for them to be good, which is not the case. We are supposed to be imperfect, after all, and yet some people act like perfection or near-perfection, in terms of theories in this case, and anything else, is the only acceptable thing for anyone to be accepted as a good theorist.
The moment the standards are different for one individual than for the remainder of the group they claim to be part of, well, that's a slippery slope right there.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Hey Seashore....I...I was there when they buried her. I saw the certificate and everything. Cranky was more distraught than I ever saw him before or since, and DK, Diddy and Dixie were inconsolable for weeks. They usually leave Lanky out of family functions and even he came by to pay his respects.

She's....she's gone, man...
Oh Birthnote, you'll eventually come to the right side.

And everything will be alright!

ze9

Smash Ace
Flaming
I know I haven't posted here in one year or so, but please don't let this thread succumb to Fatmanonice's bull****. The guy has already ruined the reputation of the Geno fanbase, him doing the same with Dixie's is the last thing we need.

He's a proven fraud anyways, never got anything right and constantly backpedaled on a ton of stuff. "It wasn't a mii costume leak... It was a spirit board leak!" without even getting the spirits right, yeeeah, sure, lmao.
And if his big news here is supposed to be Nintendo eventually doing something with the DK franchise again... No ****? Anybody could "leak" that.

We're better than this, Dixie fans. Dixie is a cool, fan-favorite character from a legendary series. She can get in Smash even without this thread turning into another crazy cult circlejerk centered around the vague words of a charlatan.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
This thread would have never turned into a Fatman thread if people just let it be.

Anyways, so is Dixie Kong owned by Microsoft or what? I think that might ruin her chances into getting added to games

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think she might be. Yknow she was a bonus boss in Gears of War 5 right?
...Does it say copyright Nintendo in that game? Having a cameo outside of the system is possible for some characters. Or do you mean Gears of War 5 as a Switch port with a Dixie boss cameo? The context may make it more clear what's going on.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
...Does it say copyright Nintendo in that game? Having a cameo outside of the system is possible for some characters. Or do you mean Gears of War 5 as a Switch port with a Dixie boss cameo? The context may make it more clear what's going on.
Yup! Ubisoft and Insomniac Games also had their names attached. There's actually a cameo from Buck Bumble and Totally Screwed from Sunset Overdrive is a supporting character. A lot of people don't give Gears 5 credit for those surprise cameos. I bet Naughty Dog will get to put the Rat King in the next Gears lol. The aesthetic will match perfectly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yup! Ubisoft and Insomniac Games also had their names attached. There's actually a cameo from Buck Bumble and Totally Screwed from Sunset Overdrive is a supporting character. A lot of people don't give Gears 5 credit for those surprise cameos. I bet Naughty Dog will get to put the Rat King in the next Gears lol. The aesthetic will match perfectly.
So if Nintendo's name is attached, wouldn't that mean that Dixie was licensed for the game instead? If I'm understanding what you mean right. Since it wasn't on the Switch at all, but just on the PC and Xbox consoles.

I'm still trying to find some more information on these cameos. Thankfully Gears has a wiki~ ...Which has nothing on it. I guess I gotta find a video.

Video finding failed. I can't find any proper cameo information anywhere. >.<;

That's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No I was joking! I'm pretty sure Beth caught on but she's giving me a run for my money. I'd hate to see Dixie get chainsaw'd by Dom Fenix LMAO. I was tryin to make it all sound outrageous
To be fair, unless you were joking about every single cameo(which I couldn't find anything), it was a bit harder to tell. Ubisoft having cameos isn't that odd, after all, heh.

...To also be fair, we're talking about Nintendo who literally licensed out Isabelle into Monster Hunter, a rather violent game. So... it wasn't actually that obvious you were joking. I legitimately didn't catch on. But you can blame the Isabelle thing for why I didn't realize you were joking.

Were the rest jokes too? And now you make me want to see more Nintendo cameos in other bloody games just to show they find the idea of "exact canon personalities" to not matter. And I'm one who thinks Isabelle was very poorly placed in Monster Hunter. She definitely did not belong there. Mario Kart, Smash, these are all way better for her. I'd want her to ever appear in MH as much as I'd want her to appear in Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct. As much as I love the Doom jokes, her actually appearing in it would be beyond ridiculous(though if someone hacks a skin, I wouldn't care. It's just official things are where some characters seriously just don't fit well). Smash is one of the few franchises where basically any character can fit in due to pure crossover nature of it. At worst they need a graphical change to mesh well. Snake fit in perfectly, due to Brawl's darker aesthetics, and then him lightened up a bit for Ultimate to keep within the style well, so.

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
No I was joking! I'm pretty sure Beth caught on but she's giving me a run for my money. I'd hate to see Dixie get chainsaw'd by Dom Fenix LMAO. I was tryin to make it all sound outrageous
If Dixie and Doom Slayer got into smash.....there may be chainsaws......oh no

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because I lived through it. Probably seems nice at the beginning, but it devolved into a paranoid, secluded community so out of touch with the rest of the Smash fanbase that any doubt or complaint was met with massive kickback.

He doesn't have to say anything, because everything he posts is loads of stuff that no fan would want to disbelieve. And, and this is the most important part, he doesn't need to claim 100% certainty because the slightest question is infallibly followed by a post like this:

The moment the standards are different for one individual than for the remainder of the group they claim to be part of, well, that's a slippery slope right there.
I am not saying I am a fan of Fatman, but I looked up the definition of circlejerk. By that logic, the Ridley fanbase, the K. Rool fanbase or just about any fanbase in Smash are circlejerks. Let me tell you that we, as the Geno fanbase, have been through a lot, plenty of which we did not deserve, from death threats to a user being diced. And the part where you say he doesn’t have to be certain; I have heard it all before. I am sure being certain would hurt his theories far more than if he wasn’t. It is either he is certain or not. There can’t be a middle ground here. Like I said, we’re just speculating. How does this make us different from other fanbase? Maybe we would not be “secluded” or “paranoid”, if we can even be called that, if we weren’t treated, generalized and not seen the way we are or inaccurately assumed about.

Now, can we drop this discussion? This is probably not going to get us anywhere.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Flaming
Not all leakers are liars as the Gematsu leaker got :4littlemac:, Gen 6 Pokemon/:4greninja:, Miis, :4palutena:, :4pacman:, and :4shulk:right except for Chrom and the Chorus Kid back in the day during Smash 4 speculation. Though, he could have just had outdated information as Sakurai did wanted to put Chrom in at first but decided to go with Robin instead. Plus there was a Rhythm Heaven icon in the game's files so evidence is there that Chrom and the Chorus Kids could have been intended in Smash 4 but cut.

Also, Fatman isn't a leaker he has sources and he protects those sources by not spilling the entire bowl of soup. Plus he creates theories and he puts some stuff he has heard into the mix and tries to fill out the blanks. The dude just wants to speculate and have fun just like the rest of us.

I know I haven't posted here in one year or so, but please don't let this thread succumb to Fatmanonice's bull****. The guy has already ruined the reputation of the Geno fanbase, him doing the same with Dixie's is the last thing we need.

He's a proven fraud anyways, never got anything right and constantly backpedaled on a ton of stuff. "It wasn't a mii costume leak... It was a spirit board leak!" without even getting the spirits right, yeeeah, sure, lmao.
And if his big news here is supposed to be Nintendo eventually doing something with the DK franchise again... No ****? Anybody could "leak" that.

We're better than this, Dixie fans. Dixie is a cool, fan-favorite character from a legendary series. She can get in Smash even without this thread turning into another crazy cult circlejerk centered around the vague words of a charlatan.
Get your head out of your *** and do some research. The Mii Costume leak and the Spirit board leak are two separate leaks that come from two different sources. The Mii costume leak coming from a source of papagenos papagenos . Also, Fatman doesn't backpedal from what I can recall and more info slowly keeps popping up in the insider scene so Fatman just either adds more to his theories or disregard certain stuff after hearing something different from his sources. Fatman isn't a leaker, he has sources and he create theories and puts some stuff he has heard into his theories and tries to fill out the blanks. Fatman just wants to speculate like all of us.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not all leakers are liars as the Gematsu leaker got :4littlemac:, Gen 6 Pokemon/:4greninja:, Miis, :4palutena:, :4pacman:, and :4shulk:right except for Chrom and the Chorus Kid back in the day during Smash 4 speculation. Though, he could have just had outdated information as Sakurai did wanted to put Chrom in at first but decided to go with Robin instead. Plus there was a Rhythm Heaven icon in the game's files so evidence is there that Chrom and the Chorus Kids could have been intended in Smash 4 but cut.

Also, Fatman isn't a leaker he has sources and he protects those sources by not spilling the entire bowl of soup. Plus he creates theories and he puts some stuff he has heard into the mix and tries to fill out the blanks. The dude just wants to speculate and have fun just like the rest of us.

Get your head out of your *** and do some research. The Mii Costume leak and the Spirit board leak are two separate leaks that come from two different sources. The Mii costume leak coming from a source of papagenos papagenos . Also, Fatman doesn't backpedal from what I can recall and more info slowly keeps popping up in the insider scene so Fatman just either adds more to his theories or disregard certain stuff after hearing something different from his sources. Fatman isn't a leaker, he has sources and he create theories and puts some stuff he has heard into his theories and tries to fill out the blanks. Fatman just wants to speculate like all of us.
Of course he wants to speculate like the rest of us. What is ever wrong with that?

To those who don’t like Fatman, it is one thing to assume things on people you don’t even know, but to stick to what is apparent only, what is on the outside, is no good. It wouldn’t hurt to try to get to know us Geno fans for more than just a short amount of time before making assumptions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Count me in as a supporter. I have *always* wanted Dixie in. Girl got robbed in Smash 4 along with Shadow. I was originally fine with her being an echo of Diddy, but that's a disservice to her character at this point. She deserves a unique moveset, or at the very least a semi-clone in the style of someone like Isabelle or Lucas.

I kinda see why she wasn't in Ultimate, because having another DK rep would take away from K Rool's spotlight, but no clue why she wasn't in Smash 4. By all accounts, she should have been!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was glad K. Rool made it into Smash Bros. Ultimate, but I would be even happier if both he and Dixie were playable in this same game.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Count me in as a supporter. I have *always* wanted Dixie in. Girl got robbed in Smash 4 along with Shadow. I was originally fine with her being an echo of Diddy, but that's a disservice to her character at this point. She deserves a unique moveset, or at the very least a semi-clone in the style of someone like Isabelle or Lucas.

I kinda see why she wasn't in Ultimate, because having another DK rep would take away from K Rool's spotlight, but no clue why she wasn't in Smash 4. By all accounts, she should have been!
I don't think Dixie would have taken any spotlight from K Rool. people that wanted:ultkrool:would still have been hyped by :ultkrool:, people that wanted Dixie Kong would have been hyped at Dixie Kong, people that wanted both would have been twice as happy. Anyone that didn't care about any of these characters, well, weren't going to care about either one getting added or not getting added.

D

Deleted member

There definitely is room for her now. When I was talking about Dixie in Ultimate, I meant the base game. My bad! That's what I meant by them possibly not wanting to overshadow K Rool's spotlight. But that's just me trying to rationalize things.

Like I said, she should have been in already. She's a massive sleeper pick for FP2, IMO.

Even if Smash has become a video game hall of fame now, Dixie deserves to be a part of that.

Last edited by a moderator:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Welcome to the Barrel! I figured you meant the base game when you mentioned K. Rool's spotlight so no worries. In regards to Dixie's moveset, I highly agree. Feel free to check out the OP under "Fan Created Movesets" when you get the chance! There's a good cluster of ideas in there and they can really inspire people. I'll add your name to the list in a bit.

To be fair, unless you were joking about every single cameo(which I couldn't find anything), it was a bit harder to tell. Ubisoft having cameos isn't that odd, after all, heh.

...To also be fair, we're talking about Nintendo who literally licensed out Isabelle into Monster Hunter, a rather violent game. So... it wasn't actually that obvious you were joking. I legitimately didn't catch on. But you can blame the Isabelle thing for why I didn't realize you were joking.

Were the rest jokes too? And now you make me want to see more Nintendo cameos in other bloody games just to show they find the idea of "exact canon personalities" to not matter. And I'm one who thinks Isabelle was very poorly placed in Monster Hunter. She definitely did not belong there. Mario Kart, Smash, these are all way better for her. I'd want her to ever appear in MH as much as I'd want her to appear in Mortal Kombat or Killer Instinct. As much as I love the Doom jokes, her actually appearing in it would be beyond ridiculous(though if someone hacks a skin, I wouldn't care. It's just official things are where some characters seriously just don't fit well). Smash is one of the few franchises where basically any character can fit in due to pure crossover nature of it. At worst they need a graphical change to mesh well. Snake fit in perfectly, due to Brawl's darker aesthetics, and then him lightened up a bit for Ultimate to keep within the style well, so.
Well it should be obvious in the beginning. KingIceSonic asked if Dixie was owned by Microsoft, and why would she be if she's been appearing in Nintendo games in the 2000's like the Mario Baseball games and Tropical Freeze or Mario Kart Tour. It was like asking if Toad was owned by Sony; KingIce was trying to change the subject since the thread was getting volatile.

Considering a game like Gears, any Kong being in would be an unusual sight, and Dixie's small size compared to the main characters would make her a horribly designed boss fight unless she's in some mech. Plus, Ubisoft hasn't bothered with Buck Bumble from the 90's; that game is dead and Ubisoft is more likely to use characters that still make games. Rayman, an Assassin, Rabbids, someone from Far Cry, Watchdogs, Just Dance. Even the Prince of Persia would get a cameo before Buck Bumble.

Isabelle in MH is surprising, as it is violent, but it's not gory like Gears. They don't go Mortal Kombat level but they do get gritty and bloody. Dixie getting ripped apart at the end of her boss fight would upset Nintendo. The only plausible one I mentioned was Totally Screwed from Sunset Overdrive, since it was a Microsoft-funded but not owned game. Speaking of Isabelle in DOOM, have you seen this vid?
Whenever I think about Isabelle in DOOM this pops up in my head.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Dixie was in the DS version. We really know nothing about who owns what in Diddy Kong Racing other than the fact Microsoft owns Banjo and Conker. Everybody else in the game we have no idea who owns what.
We actually do know to some extent.

At the time Diddy Kong Racing launched in 1997, Nintendo owned Banjo, Diddy and Krunch as well as the scenarios/settings. After the buyout ownership of the Banjo IP went to Rare.

We can pretty much ascertain that Rare owns all the characters in the original Diddy Kong Racing with the exception of Diddy and Krunch now. Rare also had a game planned for the xbox 360 that was cancelled that used TT and Tiptup

https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-fast-and-the-furriest-rare-xbox-02.jpg
https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-fast-and-the-furriest-rare.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We actually do know to some extent.

At the time Diddy Kong Racing launched in 1997, Nintendo owned Banjo, Diddy and Krunch as well as the scenarios/settings. After the buyout ownership of the Banjo IP went to Rare.

We can pretty much ascertain that Rare owns all the characters in the original Diddy Kong Racing with the exception of Diddy and Krunch now. Rare also had a game planned for the xbox 360 that was cancelled that used TT and Tiptup

https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-fast-and-the-furriest-rare-xbox-02.jpg
https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/the-fast-and-the-furriest-rare.jpg
I know, somebody else in this thread brought it up to me the other day. Speaking of Krunch guys, do you think he should appear in a DKC game in the future? His only appearance was in Diddy Kong Racing and he is a Kremling so I think it would be cool if he return either as a ally for the Kongs and his old pal Diddy or as ally for the Kremlings and K. Rool. Since Krunch is small, I picture him being a cert of Koopaling type character with some crazy gadgets and what not if he is working for K. Rool.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I know, somebody else in this thread brought it up to me the other day. Speaking of Krunch guys, do you think he should appear in a DKC game in the future? His only appearance was in Diddy Kong Racing and he is a Kremling so I think it would be cool if he return either as a ally for the Kongs and his old pal Diddy or as ally for the Kremlings and K. Rool. Since Krunch is small, I picture him being a cert of Koopaling type character with some crazy gadgets and what not if he is working for K. Rool.
Funny you should mention that as I included Krunch in my Mario Kart 9 dream roster as K. Rool's partner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJT_otyxRLc

I'd love to see him back.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something I think about at times is if the DK series has become a victim of a seeming Nintendo mentality (intentional or otherwise) of not wanting more than one type of franchise within a genre.

Once upon a time it felt like numerous Nintendo IP's generally co-existed with a type of game. The N64 could have a Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, & F-Zero in its lifespan. 2D Mario in the 90s was a big hit along side 2D Donkey Kong, and 2D Wario. Star Fox Adventures could be an alternative alongside Wind Waker. Mario & Luigi was one brand of RPG next to Paper Mario being another. Two Banjo Kazooie games and DK64 complimented the release of Mario 64.

It feels like something that's become less common in the past 10 year as such variations have gradually disappeared. Mario Kart is THE Nintendo racer with any others being third party. 2D Nintendo platformers besides Mario (let alone 3D) are much rarer, with only the Yoshi subseries really getting consistent releases. Paper Mario gradually lost its RPG identity because M&L was cited as one to play if you wanted that (only for the latter to die itself). Any examples of Zelda like games that aren't official LoZ releases come from the indie sphere.

I guess it just feels like a landscape where stuff like DKR or a more significant DK presence doesn't feel as likely to happen anymore because there's a sense that their roles are already being filled by other games.

Top Bottom