• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Am I the only one who finds it weird that Funky's DKC3 design is the one Nintendo stuck with?
I mean that was his best & most distinctive look. Double Trouble actually gave Funky a sense of being more than just Donkey Kong in glasses and a bandana. Him being brought back for Tropical Freeze with a mix of his DKC3 gear &DKC1/DKC2 surfboard was a great compromise of appearances. It is telling of Retro/Nintendo's preferences that they looked at all the playable Kongs after Diddy's Kong Quest & determined the non-playable one would still be a better fit.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Concept art for DKC graffiti in New Donk City!

Somehow, the New Donk City cops prevented the monkeys from spray painting on buildings in the game, which is probably why they just remained as concept art in the end.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That works too. Imagine the SMG4 cops throwing barrels and Kremlings at the Kongs while they're chasing after them lmao! That would be like SMG4.
LOL That would be golden! They may be trying to get the Kongs out that way after what Cranky Kong did in terms of kidnapping the mayor, Pauline years ago, and threw barrels at Mario!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
LOL That would be golden! They may be trying to get the Kongs out that way after what Cranky Kong did in terms of kidnapping the mayor, Pauline years ago, and threw barrels at Mario!
Watch as K. Rool is the police chief of New Donk City enforcing these kops to arrest the Kongs. The Kops are on the case.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, or maybe he is pulling the strings from the shadows. Who knows?
Perhaps so. Maybe K. Rool is running a political campaign to run for mayor and the only way he could win is if something happens to Pauline which he plans for the kops to make her disappear in some way so he can control and take over New Donk City.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Perhaps so. Maybe K. Rool is running a political campaign to run for mayor and the only way he could win is if something happens to Pauline which he plans for the kops to make her disappear in some way so he can control and take over New Donk City.
No kidding! He is dirty enough to do that. Maybe he will fail as Donkey Kong saves her. It would kinda be ironic, since his grandfather was the one who kidnapped her.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No kidding! He is dirty enough to do that. Maybe he will fail as Donkey Kong saves her. It would kinda be ironic, since his grandfather was the one who kidnapped her.
Exactly. Donkey Kong would restore honor to the Kong name in New Donk City by revealing K. Rool's evil plan and taking down him down.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Sure, the tikis can be forgotten but everything else should be remembered.
I wouldn't even get rid of all the Tikis! The Screaming Pillars and those forest totems came back in Tropical Freeze, after all. They're a part of DK's world now.

I don't really agree that both Retro games topple DKC2, in my personal opinion, the order of quality of DKC games is;

DKC2 > Tropical Freeze >>> DKC / DKC Returns > DKC3.
For me, it's DKC2 > Tropical Freeze >> DKC3 > DKC Returns >> DKC.

DKC3 and DKC Returns can change places, depending on which one I played more recently. The original DKC is pretty great (I actually started replaying it earlier today), but it really pales in comparison to the sequels.

So who should all be in Dixie's Spirit board besides Kiddy and the Animal Buddies?
I hope they don't pull a Min Min and give us old spirits with new battles, honestly. If I were in charge, here's what I'd do. I decided to do ten spirit battles, since that's about as many as new characters usually get.

• Klubba (Shield; Ace) - Giant green Incineroar with an ore club on Omega Bridge of Eldin; the enemy's melee weapons have increased power
  • Krow (Attack; Ace) - Black Ridley [x1] and white Kirby [x2] on Pirate Ship; defeat the main fighter to win; reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd [invisible Ridley]
  • Cat O' Nine Tails (Grab; Novice) - Purple Sonic on Omega Great Cave Offensive; the enemy favors grabs and throws; you are easy to launch
  • Kiddy Kong (Grab; Advanced) - Blue DK on Tortimer's Island; the enemy favors dash attacks; the enemy is easily distracted by items
  • Banana Bird Queen (Neutral; Legend) - Giant yellow Yoshi on Magicant; the enemy starts the battle with a rocket belt; the enemy favors up specials
  • Kaos (Neutral; Ace) - Green R.O.B. in Dracula's Castle; the floor is electrified; Reinforcements will appear after the enemy is KO'd [white King K. Rool]
  • Koin (Shield; Advanced) - Black King K. Rool on Kongo Falls; the enemy doesn't like to jump; the enemy shields often; the enemy favors down specials
  • Tawks (Neutral; Novice) - Red Falco on Pilotwings; the enemy tends to avoid conflict; the enemy is easily distracted by items; certain items will appear in large numbers [food]
  • Bashmaster (Attack; Advanced) - White DK [or Banjo and Kazooie, if you have them] on Battlefield Garden of Hope; the enemy starts the battle with a hammer; the enemy can swing the hammer for a long time; the stage's platforms are very slippery
  • Pointy Tucks (Attack; Novice) - Tiny blue King Dedede team on Battlefield Summit; defeat an army of fighters [x6] the enemy can deal damage by dashing into you

Oh, those would actually be nice! That's for sure! Speaking of which, it would be funny if the Banana Bird Queen was incorporated into Dixie's Final Smash, and dropped a giant egg on the characters caught in the Final Smash like how she did with Baron K. Roolenstein at the end of Donkey Kong Country 3.
Support! I've been saying that for years.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Found some cool concept art of DKC returns that would make pretty cool levels:
Ferndozers.jpg

The natural environment around an industrial area is being ravaged by a Ferndozer.

Ferndozer.jpg

Donkey himself was gonna control one of these.

Vulture Chase.jpg

The Kongs are chased by an enormous red-headed vulture through a misty cliffside.

Amber Caves.jpg

A long railtrack cutting through a colossal amber cavern, seen from a low perspective.

Ascend.jpg

The Kongs ascend a volcanic slope, on the background of a steaming crater and blackened ashes.

Banana Coaster.png

Giant banana landforms risen above a forested area. A coaster is entwined around several of these bananas.

Underwater.jpg

An underwater scene that captures Donkey Kong riding a red Dunkleosteus.

Moray Fight.jpg

Donkey and Diddy Kong, engaged in a battle with a huge moray eel wrapped around a lighthouse.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As far as the Tiki Tribe, I wouldn't be against keeping them around. Not necessarily as major antagonists, but as joke villains that pop up on occasion still trying to get revenge on the Kongs despite getting beaten every time? There's some fun to be had from that.
Tiki's seem like an ideal candicate for a new sort of Lost World.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Found some cool concept art of DKC returns that would make pretty cool levels:
View attachment 299512
The natural environment around an industrial area is being ravaged by a Ferndozer.

View attachment 299517
Donkey himself was gonna control one of these.

View attachment 299513
The Kongs are chased by an enormous red-headed vulture through a misty cliffside.

View attachment 299514
A long railtrack cutting through a colossal amber cavern, seen from a low perspective.

View attachment 299518
The Kongs ascend a volcanic slope, on the background of a steaming crater and blackened ashes.

View attachment 299515
Giant banana landforms risen above a forested area. A coaster is entwined around several of these bananas.

View attachment 299519
An underwater scene that captures Donkey Kong riding a red Dunkleosteus.

View attachment 299516
Donkey and Diddy Kong, engaged in a battle with a huge moray eel wrapped around a lighthouse.
When someone asks "What more can you do with DK after Tropical Freeze?" I show them these. All of the unused concept art for Retro's games have great potential.

Top Bottom