• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Diddy, Funky, and Dixie are all going to be in Mario Kart 9 for sure as well as maybe Cranky and definitely K. Rool for sure. I don't see them passing up the next mainline console game since Dixie and Funky are in Tour and K. Rool is in Smash.
Only a sith deals in absolutes!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Are you calling me a sith?! I'm no sith, I'm a jedi.
I'm saying not to state something WILL happen when we have no reason to believe it will.

I tried to be clever and it didn't work, basically.

RIP me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm saying not to state something WILL happen when we have no reason to believe it will.

I tried to be clever and it didn't work, basically.

RIP me.
Sorry about that I didn't know how to respond to you back in reference form. I've watched the Star Wars movies, but barely remember any of the quotes from them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
From my point of view the Jedi are evil!

Man, the prequels may suck but they sure are quotable.
How are they evil exactly? I know the Jedi had a little to much influence in the Republic, but so did the Sith when they took over and turned it into the Empire. Either side has made questionable decisions, but the Jedi to me are clearly the good guys. Palpatine didn't give a **** about Anakin and was just using him. He used Anakin to take over the Republic and become his apprentice but was going to throw him away in favor of Luke in which Luke didn't fall for his tricks like Anakin did.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Only a sith deals in absolutes!
A claim which is also an absolute!

That line always makes me think of this:

Normally I would be confident that Dixie is staying in Mario Kart now, except we've seen Nintendo make.......stupid ideas with their Kart rosters, removing popular fan favorite characters from game to game like Diddy or Waluigi but adding Honey Bee or 23 Seconds into the Future Mario, who is Mario just 23 seconds into the future from present Mario. So while I'm happy Dixie is added, I fear Nintendo will just be one and done and move onto someone else when Mario Kart 9 comes out in 12 years.

With the large cast of characters from multiple universes that they can use, there is no reason to use generic mooks or 37 Mario Peaches. Use Dixie, use K Rool, use characters on hiatus so they don't get forgotten.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A claim which is also an absolute!

That line always makes me think of this:

Normally I would be confident that Dixie is staying in Mario Kart now, except we've seen Nintendo make.......stupid ideas with their Kart rosters, removing popular fan favorite characters from game to game like Diddy or Waluigi but adding Honey Bee or 23 Seconds into the Future Mario, who is Mario just 23 seconds into the future from present Mario. So while I'm happy Dixie is added, I fear Nintendo will just be one and done and move onto someone else when Mario Kart 9 comes out in 12 years.

With the large cast of characters from multiple universes that they can use, there is no reason to use generic mooks or 37 Mario Peaches. Use Dixie, use K Rool, use characters on hiatus so they don't get forgotten.
Well think of the more postive outcome of Dixie and K. Rool being in Mario Kart 9... We will also get Metal Gold Dixie Kong and Giant K. Rool. That's right, we are going to get DKC clones. :ultpacman:

Edit: Forgot the Pac-Man icon at the end.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well think of the more postive outcome of Dixie and K. Rool being in Mario Kart 9... We will also get Metal Gold Dixie Kong and Giant K. Rool. That's right, we are going to get DKC clones. :ultpacman:

Edit: Forgot the Pac-Man icon at the end.
And to continue how applicable the Simpsons are, this is what comes to mind when Nintendo uses Pink Metal Peach or Gold Mario:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I don't understand this at all. Why would they put slots for the alternate costumes and variations (besides monetary reasons)? Why not put more actual characters for those slots? Like K. Rool, Cranky, E. Gadd, Petey Piranha, or even Toadsworth. Or perhaps maybe even the Mario Golf/Tennis characters like Plum, Charlie, Maple, Harry, and Sonny? Just imagine if Smash used the Mario Kart roster logic here, there would be hundreds of slots for alternate colors and costumes.
Lemme spell it out for you: they're super easy to make and are a cheap way to get people to keep spending money on their game.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Dixie and the boys driving their rhinos through the jungle.

Nothing more beautiful than seeing a family reunited.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord

Isn't heartwarming to see this couple together again after 6 years (not counting TF switch port)? Then again I kinda wished they also added them to MK8 Deluxe as well but it's nice to see some more DK related content.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's weird how the Rambi Rider appears to still be based on the Rare/Paon design rather than Retro's take.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
How are they evil exactly? I know the Jedi had a little to much influence in the Republic, but so did the Sith when they took over and turned it into the Empire. Either side has made questionable decisions, but the Jedi to me are clearly the good guys. Palpatine didn't give a **** about Anakin and was just using him. He used Anakin to take over the Republic and become his apprentice but was going to throw him away in favor of Luke in which Luke didn't fall for his tricks like Anakin did.
It's just a random quote Anakin screams, doesn't make any sense.
23 Seconds into the Future Mario, who is Mario just 23 seconds into the future from present Mario
Is this an actual thing? It might be a joke but the way it was phrased it seemed like it's real and sadly it wouldn't surprise me at all.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
So I've been playing Mario Kart Tour hoping to get Dixie or Funky, and while the game isn't complete trash from a gameplay perspective, the pay to win structure of the game really turns me off, and the pricing model is absolutely terrible. As much as I want to pay for the Kongs to show people want them, I can't justify doing it without knowing for sure I'm going to get them, these prices are just too insane. Really wish they were DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe instead.

:mybodyisreggie:

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Call me crazy, but I'm calling it now that Dixie Kong will be one of the remaining unannounced 5 FP2 fighters.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't have much experience in MKTour, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your chances of getting Dixie improve when she is the spotlight character. Right now Funky is. I suggest everyone wait to try to get Dixie until then if they want to get Dixie. We are all fans but we don't have to be throwing money away on this game, especially during a pandemic/slow collapse of society. These games just are like that yellow Klobber from DKC2, whittling away your bananas/money every time they come in contact with you.

I'm still waiting for more and better videos of Dixie in Mario Kart. I have seen some but there's gotta be better! She has good animations at least!

And TBH, I'm most looking forward to when they rip Dixie's model. For some reason, Dixie's TF model is not on the Models Resource website. So this might actually be the highest quality Dixie model in the history of the earth that could be available for wide use in memes and other things.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
And TBH, I'm most looking forward to when they rip Dixie's model. For some reason, Dixie's TF model is not on the Models Resource website. So this might actually be the highest quality Dixie model in the history of the earth that could be available for wide use in memes and other things.
Weirdly, the only Dixie Kong model on the whole site is the Brawl trophy (unless you count her Mii hat from Ultimate).

The mobile model probably isn't quite as high-quality as Tropical Freeze's, but it still looks nice and I hope it's able to be ripped soon. Maybe people will start modding her into games she should have already been in...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You're crazy.

I hope you're right.
I had a dream a few weeks ago about a Dixie Kong Smash reveal trailer and it's a sequel to K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie's trailers. DK, Diddy, and K. Rool are all in the tree house again but this time alongside Banjo & Kazooie as well. Something crashes through the roof and it's Dixie Kong. The dream skips over her tagline and just cuts to the gameplay montage. I see Dixie flying though the Kongo Jungle stage and her beating up a couple of characters in the next segment one of them being Geno. And I believe that was it.

Last time I had a dream about Smash Bros. before this it was a dream about a K. Rool trailer and I had it during the Smash Ballot days. It's very similar to the trailer we got except the location was in the mines instead of the jungle and K. Rool was wearing his Kaptain's gear.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah we're all fans of Dixie, but don't feel obligated to burn money on MKT when it can be used for more productive stuff. Remember what Funky says in Tropical Freeze: "I like video games too, but sometimes you gotta save your money for more important stuff"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah we're all fans of Dixie, but don't feel obligated to burn money on MKT when it can be used for more productive stuff. Remember what Funky says in Tropical Freeze: "I like video games too, but sometimes you gotta save your money for more important stuff"
Wise advice. I would listen to the Funkster.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Dixie should have been in Smash 4. She had data in Brawl, DKC came back really strong with Returns, Tropical Freeze was happening around the time of Smash 4, she returned to the series at that time and she has a foundation for a character in Diddy already to help speed up her development into a unique (meaning at least they wouldn't have to start from scratch).

I would have bet money that she was coming in 4, then we get surprised at Little Mac being revealed when TF released. The ironic thing is that they considered her in Smash when she was inactive in the DK series but don't consider her for Smash when she came back. Isn't that completely backwards?

Heck, Smash 4 was horribly lacking in DK content despite the series great success. That was baffling.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie should have been in Smash 4. She had data in Brawl, DKC came back really strong with Returns, Tropical Freeze was happening around the time of Smash 4, she returned to the series at that time and she has a foundation for a character in Diddy already to help speed up her development into a unique (meaning at least they wouldn't have to start from scratch).

I would have bet money that she was coming in 4, then we get surprised at Little Mac being revealed when TF released. The ironic thing is that they considered her in Smash when she was inactive in the DK series but don't consider her for Smash when she came back. Isn't that completely backwards?

Heck, Smash 4 was horribly lacking in DK content despite the series great success. That was baffling.
I literally thought back during those days that Dixie Kong would make it in long before K. Rool. Lol! Was I wrong about that. Sure I wanted K. Rool more, but I still want Dixie in the roster too.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Interesting tidbit, but Dixie's viewcount on Smashboards is actually 4th overall, behind only Geno, Isaac and Shantae. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but it shows Smash fans are very interested in her despite what some people may claim.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Interesting tidbit, but Dixie's viewcount on Smashboards is actually 4th overall, behind only Geno, Isaac and Shantae. It doesn't mean a whole lot, but it shows Smash fans are very interested in her despite what some people may claim.

Yea, but Smash Bubble or whatever flimsy counter argument!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've read a lot of people in this thread say "its too bad she was only added in Tour, not the real game."
As far as being a fan of Dixie, and hoping she gets into Smash Bros, I don't think this thought above is the healthy, or even most accurate, mindset.
Mario Kart Tour is a living specimen, continually getting updated. In fact, it was the most downloaded game on Apple's App Store in 2019.
It is clear Dixie has appeal to Nintendo fans, but that was obviously not enough to get her into Smash in 5 games.
her being in Mario Kart Tour means that she will be seen by many who don't own a Nintendo console. The fact that it happened during Corona, when the gaming industry is seeing booming sales all around, means that now is her greatest chance to be seen. The fact that she requires money to be bought means that Nintendo will see JUST HOW popular she is to a huge crowd. Her being added alongside Funky Kong is likely to appeal to a masuline/feminine divide- and since Mario Kart is not a game that skews one way or another in the playerbase, this could mean Dixie sees huge sales.

Here's to hoping Dixie makes Nintendo a lot of money in Mario Kart Tour- and shows them how much people will pay for her. While this wouldn't matter in a currently decided fighter pass, it could help a lot moving forward.
This is far better than her being added to Mario Kart 8, or even a release of DKC2 on the SNES.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Saying this is better than her being added to Mario Kart 8 or adding DKC2 to the Switch makes no sense to me, sure it's popular with casuals, but the vast majority of the reactions I've seen are just people wanting to see them show up in better games. This doesn't hurt Dixie at all, but I don't think anyone thinks that anyways. Don't forget too, the Switch is insanely successful right now, so Dixie getting more appearances on that console is definitely not bad, and I don't agree that it would be worse for her exposure, there is something to be said about quality, and again, the Switch is massively popular. We just want to see her in quality games again lol, and I think it will happen for sure, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
On one hand I agree more Dixie is better than no dixie regardless of the quality. The more exposure the better.

But on the other hand Mario Kart Tour is doodoo covered buttcheeks. Just because a game is most downloaded on the app stores doesnt mean its being actively played by many either..

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I see this as a step in the right direction. I personally don't do mobile gaming and from what I hear about MKT I won't begrudge anyone for not getting it. This is a good thing for Dixie overall, and if you're willing to go the extra mile to get her by all means go full speed ahead.

From what I'm understanding, Funky's currently in the MKT spotlight, correct me if I'm wrong. When it's Dixie's turn let's promote her.

Handy Man

Smash Ace

When the ESRB leak happened, I was surprised to see that the only DK characters were just Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. I wanted King K. Rool far more than Dixie Kong, but I'm pretty sure that Tropical Freeze was announced in the same Direct that revealed Smash 4. Dixie would have made for a neat "launch day" reveal character, like Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt, but she was just missing. It felt weird only seeing the same two DK reps from Brawl and nothing more, I'm glad Ultimate improved representation with King K. Rool at least.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dixie's Mario Kart Tour Spotlight starts on Tuesday, 5/26/2020 at 11pm and ends on 6/2/2020 at 10:59pm. Let's make a concerted effort to promote her during that timeframe.

BravadoMan_13 BravadoMan_13 aww thanks you're making me blush lol. That art is really good though, I love the energy in it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
When the ESRB leak happened, I was surprised to see that the only DK characters were just Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. I wanted King K. Rool far more than Dixie Kong, but I'm pretty sure that Tropical Freeze was announced in the same Direct that revealed Smash 4. Dixie would have made for a neat "launch day" reveal character, like Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt, but she was just missing. It felt weird only seeing the same two DK reps from Brawl and nothing more, I'm glad Ultimate improved representation with King K. Rool at least.
DK series really got screwed in 4. Yea, it got a stage.....which was dropped for Ultimate. But no assists, 56 versions of Jungle Hijinx, no K Rool, no Dixie. It's a miracle that there were Kremlings in Smash run. Not a good showing for the second series in Smash and one that predates Mario (funny way to see it is Mario spun off from Donkey Kong).

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
DK series really got screwed in 4. Yea, it got a stage.....which was dropped for Ultimate. But no assists, 56 versions of Jungle Hijinx, no K Rool, no Dixie. It's a miracle that there were Kremlings in Smash run. Not a good showing for the second series in Smash and one that predates Mario (funny way to see it is Mario spun off from Donkey Kong).
56!? I counted 102! Did you not unlock the others? My favorite was "Jungle Hijinx: Latin Fusion K-Pop Jazz remix" its my favorite remix by far!

Top Bottom