• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
She's in!

This was the first thing I woke up to and I thought it was to good to be true. Funky's back and Dixie's here, YES! Hopefully they will appear on the next console Mario Kart game. She looks really great! Though it's too bad her first Mario Kart appearance is on a mobile game and not on a mainline MK game. Let's hope her next appearance is as a playable fighter in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

This was the first thing I woke up to and I thought it was to good to be true. Funky's back and Dixie's here, YES! Hopefully they will appear on the next console Mario Kart game. She looks really great! Though it's too bad her first Mario Kart appearance is on a mobile game and not on a mainline MK game. Let's hope her next appearance is as a playable fighter in Smash.
Now we just need Dixie in Smash and K. Rool in Mario Kart and than everything will be fine and dandy.

Edit: Oops, and K. Rool and the Kremlings return to the DKC franchise.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I just can't believe this isn't Peach number 5 or Mario number 23. Its actual characters. And finally, FINALLY, Dixie. And completely out of the blue. They just brought her out of hiatus with zero build-up or coy 'hint hint' nudges.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
First of all, nice name change for the thread.

Second of all...man, that is such a monkey paw wish. I mean, I'm glad Dixie's finally in Mario Kart and Funky's back again, but it had to be in flipping Tour.

I just can't believe this isn't Peach number 5 or Mario number 23. Its actual characters. And finally, FINALLY, Dixie. And completely out of the blue. They just brought her out of hiatus with zero build-up or coy 'hint hint' nudges.
Guess the MK team finally ran out of ideas for alternate character variations (somehow) and had no other choice but to branch out into characters from other series. If that's what it takes to get them out of their comfort zone...

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
First of all, nice name change for the thread.

Second of all...man, that is such a monkey paw wish. I mean, I'm glad Dixie's finally in Mario Kart and Funky's back again, but it had to be in flipping Tour.

Guess the MK team finally ran out of ideas for alternate character variations (somehow) and had no other choice but to branch out into characters from other series. If that's what it takes to get them out of their comfort zone...
Alternate Timeline:

'Presenting the new Jungle Tour for Mario Kart Tour, featuring Funky Mario and Dixie Peach!

Literally Mario dressed as Funky and Peach with a pink beret and ponytail.

Then K Rool is added with a slightly greener Bowser.

Hell froze over today, folks. The Tour team actually had to get original. A freeze in hell, you could say, like a Tropical Freeze.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Holy sh** this thread blew up.

I don't even know if there's anything left to say that hasn't been said, but I'm incredibly glad this hasn't aged well. Happy my reverse jinx worked.
Jungle Tour Datamined for Mario Kart Tour!

What we want to get: New cool DKC characters like Rool, Dixie, Tiny, Funky, and Cranky.

What we'll actually get: Mario and Toad recolor #30

Like others said, t'is a beautiful sight to finally see Dixie make an appearance in a Mario Kart game (and for Funky to return). Hopefully this is a sign of things to come and we get more characters like this, though it is already beautiful for me to see Dixie and Funky make it.

Also as others have said, even though it is slightly bittersweet to see them make their first Mario Kart appearance in a sh**** gacha game with such horrible controls and gameplay, it is good to have them in for the exposure alone. And I hope that one day we can get Dixie and other DK characters in an actual non-mobile Mario Kart game that I can actually stand to play.

Oh yeah, and the Rambi Kart is the cherry on top of the very delicious cake.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Perhaps they are adding them and Pauline in Tour as a 'test drive' with audiences to see if they can get bumped up to the mainline Kart games.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm late to the party, but DAYUM!!!! THIS CAUGHT ME BY SURPRISE! Holy **** she's set foot in Mario Kart and Funky's returned! Oh my God they look great too! They captured Funky's coolness and Dixie's girlyness so well, AND they threw in Rambi! Shoot I gotta update the OP, speaking of which, QQS QQS is the newest member of the Barrel. Welcome! We haven't had a brand new Support Buddy in about as long as we haven't had a new Animal Buddy! Thanks for jumping in!

Last edited:

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe Dixie finally made it into Mario Kart along with Funky. As happy as I am for her inclusion, it's a shame they decided to add her for the mobile game instead of MK8. Still, it's definitely promising...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Things are looking good. Even if she doesn't make the DLC I'm really liking these older Rare things getting some mind share amongst the players again. I know people have been complaining about enough not being done for the Donkey Kong franchise after the ballot and K Rool's introduction but this stuff takes time. Once I saw the DK zone and Nintendo Land I knew they were going to set up DK as a big franchise again. Slowly but surely more things are being created and released for major return to form.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
On a slightly different topic, do you guys think Cranky will be in Mario Kart Tour alongside Dixie and Funky?
You know, that was on my mind almost immediately following my hearing the news that Dixie and Funky were both added to Tour. Personally, I'd say 'never say never'. Heck, maybe Cranky will be added ALONGSIDE King K. Rool.

Actually, I have a question. What do you all think are the odds that Tour adds the likes of Kiddy, Wrinkly, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, and heck, even Candy.

Honestly, this makes me just a bit more hopeful for the likes of characters that hail from the 'extended Mario-verse' like Mona, Ashley, and more of the Kong clan.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
You know, that was on my mind almost immediately following my hearing the news that Dixie and Funky were both added to Tour. Personally, I'd say 'never say never'. Heck, maybe Cranky will be added ALONGSIDE King K. Rool.

Actually, I have a question. What do you all think are the odds that Tour adds the likes of Kiddy, Wrinkly, Lanky, Tiny, Chunky, and heck, even Candy.

Honestly, this makes me just a bit more hopeful for the likes of characters that hail from the 'extended Mario-verse' like Mona, Ashley, and more of the Kong clan.
Tiny was in Super Mario Sluggers (along with Dixie, Funky, and K. Rool) so she wouldn't be completely unprecedented when it comes to joining Mario Spinoffs. She also has experience in racing games (she was added to the DS version of Diddy Kong Racing with Dixie), so I think her chances are right up there with Cranky and Rool in terms of which DKC characters they'd add next.

Last edited:

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Not likely, aside from maybe Tiny. I mean it took em' this long to bring back Diddy & Funky, let alone add Dixie. It sucks all the more because I do miss my stretchy, fuzzy orange & the like, but at the same time, crazier things have unfolded...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not likely, aside from maybe Tiny. I mean it took em' this long to bring back Diddy & Funky, let alone add Dixie. It sucks all the more because I do miss my stretchy, fuzzy orange & the like, but at the same time, crazier things have unfolded...
Regardless of anything, it is baby steps being taken here. Gotta wait and see what the next few years will have in store for the DK crew.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dixie's got ballerina poses...she had ballerina stuff in Tropical Freeze too as her Dash Attack. Maybe ballerina and gymnastics will be incorporated into a potential moveset...

D

Deleted member

She's such a cutie she deserves to be in from cuteness alone.

Then you have her being in iconic games and having a unique trait that Diddy won't have.

Add her, Soccer Guy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Gotta be honest here, am not preferring the Dixie design of Tropical Freeze over the original Rare ones. I like the look for Mario Kart, it fits extremely well. But I'd prefer if she was a sort of mix between the original and modern styles like DK and Diddy are in Smash.

I do think this might be foretelling of at least something. Not sure what. But can't help shaking they are up for some big DK reveal. I can't believe Nintendo should wait much longer, given the rumors they wanna make Donkey Kong great again.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Well finally Dixie Kong gets into Mario Kart, as well as Funky Kong returning.

If only this was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and not a mobile game filled with greedy microtansactions.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Well finally Dixie Kong gets into Mario Kart, as well as Funky Kong returning.

If only this was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and not a mobile game filled with greedy microtansactions.
Yeah, really wish they could be added to a real Mario Kart game, along with Diddy, Birdo, Purple King Boo, Pauline, etc.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
There's gotta be a new console Mario Kart eventually and I'd be surprised if they just didn't use any of these new characters they've introduced to the series.

Though it's looking like the next Mario Kart isn't coming out until Nintendo's next console...

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I agree that Dixie debuting in Mario Kart Tour of all things is bittersweet under current context, but looking pretty good when thinking long term. She wouldn't be included even in this if there weren't plans for her and DKC collectively in the near future, regardless of her being in Smash.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
So I never really looked at the whole Mario Kart Tour roster until today. I counted 32 different characters (not including the babies, alternate costumes, forms, colors) and there is approximately 50 slots pertaining to alternates and other variations (including the babies). That's about 60% of the total slots...

I don't understand this at all. Why would they put slots for the alternate costumes and variations (besides monetary reasons)? Why not put more actual characters for those slots? Like K. Rool, Cranky, E. Gadd, Petey Piranha, or even Toadsworth. Or perhaps maybe even the Mario Golf/Tennis characters like Plum, Charlie, Maple, Harry, and Sonny? Just imagine if Smash used the Mario Kart roster logic here, there would be hundreds of slots for alternate colors and costumes.
Yeah, really wish they could be added to a real Mario Kart game, along with Diddy, Birdo, The Definitive King Boo, Pauline, etc.

Fixed

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Some fanart of Dixie Kong in the Mario Strikers Charged style!

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I’m very happy that Dixie Kong made it to Mario Kart Tour. Even though it’s controversial amongst some gamers, a lot of casual players play that game. From my observation, MkT players:

Complain about normal characters.
Supers are liked
High-ends are adored!

Nintendo was smart to make them high ends, although they’ll be hard to get. Their desirability will be really high.

Anyhow I actually really like MKT, Pauline is my main but I’ll do what I can to unlock Dixie. It makes me really happy to have two of my favorite characters playable in the same game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When you've finally conquered Mario Kart and are headed for Smash next.

We are half way through the race and are nearing the final lap and the finish line. #DixieKong4Smash let's go!

Not likely actually as K. Rool and Cranky are next if anyone. Though I see them having a decent chance of all getting in by Mario Kart 9 if K. Rool and Cranky make it into Tour as well.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Can someone verify is Funky and Dixie have some lines from Barrel Blast in MKT? I read somewhere that Funky does. If it’s true I think that makes K. Rool and Tiny really likely for future jungle tours.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Though I see them having a decent chance of all getting in by Mario Kart 9 if K. Rool and Cranky make it into Tour as well.
I don't think K. Rool and Cranky being in Tour has any chance on them reappearing in a future Mario Kart game.

I think its mainly if Nintendo wants to actually give us/is able to give us a good roster.

Mario Kart 8 reused a lot of assets in its characters. Was an easy way to add more.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think K. Rool and Cranky being in Tour has any chance on them reappearing in a future Mario Kart game.

I think its mainly if Nintendo wants to actually give us/is able to give us a good roster.

Mario Kart 8 reused a lot of assets in its characters. Was an easy way to add more.
Diddy, Funky, and Dixie are all going to be in Mario Kart 9 for sure as well as maybe Cranky and definitely K. Rool for sure. I don't see them passing up the next mainline console game since Dixie and Funky are in Tour and K. Rool is in Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom