• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Love it! Wow it's really almost finished. You've got some excellent dedication to your projects. I think your work ethic surpasses mine TBH.
Oh wow thanks! I really appreciate it! I'm just trying to make it as cool as I think it could be. Hopefully that comes across :laugh:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Anyone else have some fun Dixie Kong fanart?

I'm thinking that will be what I go to next with my brand new sketch book. Mmmm. The little joys.

I'm just terrible at creating images from my head versus a visual.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Fanmade concept art for a Donkey Kong ride in a Nintendo theme park.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fanmade concept art for a Donkey Kong ride in a Nintendo theme park.

Nintendo listen to this man! I have money Nintendo, you can have it if you just listen to this man!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I fear Dixie may be stuck in the same purgatory Toad is...

Most certainly a Nintendo all star, but just not exciting to people....

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I mean she totally is, it's why she probably would have made for a better base game character.

But at the same time, just because people aren't excited for Dixie right now doesn't mean that they can't develop an appreciation for the character if she does get announced. There's a lot of people who find Terry Bogard a fun character even if they'd never even heard of him before.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You know it's sad when fans can come up with a better roster for Mario Kart than the actual developers.
(Still bugs me that we haven't gotten characters from Mario spin-offs like Yoshi or Wario franchises.)

If I made a Mario Kart roster, I would do it Crash Team Racing style!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
An early reminder guys. This year is DKC2's and Dixie's 25th birthday. So if you guys want to make anything, draw anything, write something, compose something, sh*tpost, make a video or whatever you want to do in relation to DKC2 and Dixie, it could be a fun project to get started.

The anniversary is November 21.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
An early reminder guys. This year is DKC2's and Dixie's 25th birthday. So if you guys want to make anything, draw anything, write something, compose something, sh*tpost, make a video or whatever you want to do in relation to DKC2 and Dixie, it could be a fun project to get started.

Sounds like a plan, let's do this team! #DixieKong4Smash

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If that's going to be a plan, and we can make it as impactful as K Rool's thank you- then it could actually make an impact on Nintendo.

Does anyone have that kind of passion to lead the masses?
I would definitely contribute some works of art.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I have no art/video-making talents whatsoever, but this is as good of a reason as any for me to play through Donkey Kong Country 2 or 3. (I wanted to beat DKC1 first, but I'm stuck on Blackout Basement - I've beaten DKC2 before, but I haven't beaten DKC3)

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
We have to get as many people as possible to make some noise about the anniversary when we get there, I think enough people appreciate the game to make that happen. I'll definitely do my part to spread the love, DKC2 is beautiful.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Took a little break and made my Mario Kart roster:
Brawl Roster.png

Blue = Veterans
Red = Newcomers
Green = DLC Pack 1
Yellow = DLC Pack 2

Edit: Had to fix some mistakes.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lots of people talking about the Metroid cameo in the newest Paper Mario trailer and how it might hint at a new Metroid game according to the leaks.

But there's another cameo hidden there as well. Look at the bottom right. Foreshadowing?

"DK! Donkey Kong! DK! DONKEY KONG IS HERE!!!" Please let this be foreshadowing of DKCR3.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh yeah, I can imagine K. Rool apologizing to the Kongs for his many evil schemes. (After defeating said evil threat.)
Or he goes back to cooking up another evil scheme after the day is saved just like Bowser. I think K. Rool would be more of a Bowser than a Dedede.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Gotta be honest never enjoyed the idea of K.Rool teaming up with the Kongs (it was already kinda weird seeing him sleeping in the Kongs treehouse during Banjo's reveal). Kinda goes against his character and hatred for the Kongs. Not to mention the less comparisons to Bowser the better. Tired of hearing the "K.Rool is a Bowser knock-off" schtick and the more you make K.Rool like Bowser the more we have to hear this crap. Same thing with DK as a franchise as a whole. People view it as a B tier Mario spin-off nowadays instead of its own thing due to Nintendo mishandling the franchise after Rare left.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Gotta be honest never enjoyed the idea of K.Rool teaming up with the Kongs (it was already kinda weird seeing him sleeping in the Kongs treehouse during Banjo's reveal). Kinda goes against his character and hatred for the Kongs. Not to mention the less comparisons to Bowser the better. Tired of hearing the "K.Rool is a Bowser knock-off" schtick and the more you make K.Rool like Bowser the more we have to hear this crap. Same thing with DK as a franchise as a whole. People view it as a B tier Mario spin-off nowadays instead of its own thing due to Nintendo mishandling the franchise after Rare left.
I wasn't saying K. Rool is like Bowser I was just saying his moral code would be closer to Bowser's than Dedede's. He wouldn't become DK's friend like how Dedede become Kirby's friend, he would go back to doing evil schemes after taking down a bigger foe with DK.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Damn SNES Switch online has updated again and not a Kong in sight. This is becoming a ****ing joke and Switch Online was already pretty damn hilarious.

Its official guys DK is dead...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Or he goes back to cooking up another evil scheme after the day is saved just like Bowser. I think K. Rool would be more of a Bowser than a Dedede.
I agree.
Good thing in my Smash headcanon, K. Rool is great friends with Donkey and Diddy after he stopped doing evil schemes.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
The Kongs and Kremlings always struck me as being like neighbors who hate each other. K. Rool's motivations tend to be primarily stealing and kidnapping for little reason other than to be petty.

The whole thing probably started because Cranky beat him in a card game or something.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I still have confidence in DKC (whether it be the first game or whole trilogy) as an eventuality for Switch SNES online. They’re taking their time adding games to the NES and SNES apps so there won’t be a quick burnout with them I suppose, but I can’t see a DKC not be included at some point. If nothing else, it’d be fitting to have them near the end of the ride, with how the SNES got them during the last years of its lifespan.

The event of a next DKC after Tropical Freeze (with or without Retro) is a more testing leap of faith though I’ll admit, but it’s something many Nintendo IP fans are going through right now during the slow library progression of the Switch, ports notwithstanding.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, I second this. I could understand helping the Kongs for the fight against Galeem (Pretty sure that's legit the first time K. Rool has EVER helped any member of the Kong clan, for that matter), but it feels REALLY jarring to me to see K. Rool on ANY form of amicable terms with the Kongs.

Speaking of which, I really hope Smash Ultimate didn't just give anyone new to K. Rool's existence the idea that he's on amicable terms with the Kongs. He's made his hatred for them VERY clear in the 90's.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Kremlings are most likely an invading spieces not native to DK Isle. They probably builded the mines and factories long before the events of DKC, meaning K.Rool probably had the island as one of his sources of income in some way or another. DK must've been aware of him long before the Kremlings stole the Banana Hoard, but was probably too lax to ever really do something about it. Untill they stole the Banana Hoard of course.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Kremlings are most likely an invading spieces not native to DK Isle. They probably builded the mines and factories long before the events of DKC, meaning K.Rool probably had the island as one of his sources of income in some way or another. DK must've been aware of him long before the Kremlings stole the Banana Hoard, but was probably too lax to ever really do something about it. Untill they stole the Banana Hoard of course.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Krocodile Isle a artificial land mass instead of a natural one? If so, than that would mean Krocodile Isle isn't the native land of the Kremlings.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
I know I said something about this a while back, but I wanted to do character profiles for everyone in this Donkey Kong Racing roster. I thought it would be cool if people here came up with the info!

Probably not the final layout, but good enough for now.

I grabbed Dixie's summary from her wiki page. That length or shorter would be good. (I know InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand will write too much about Lemmington) You can come up with the stats too!

DK
Diddy
Dixie
Cranky
Candy
Kiddy
Lanky
Tiny
Chunky
Swanky
King K. Rool
Kritter
Krusha
Klump
Kutlass
Kackle
Kudgel
Kopter
Klout
Kalypso
Dread Kong
Karate Kong
Ninja Kong
Sumo Kong
Tiki Tong
Lord Fredrik
Skowl
Waldough
Tuck
Fluff
Lemmington
Gnawty
Cat O' 9 Tails
Timber
Pipsy
Tiptup
Bumper
Krunch
Drumstick
Wizpig
Brash
Boomer
Snide
Xananab
Banjo & Kazooie
Conker
Dillon & Russ
Yooka & Laylee

If you do one, I guess it would be best to message me with the summary. But it might be good to say in the thread who you want to write up so people don't write for the same character.

If no one wants to do it, it's no big deal :laugh: Just thought it would be interesting!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, that's a great idea!

"Dixie Kong is a female chimpanzee"
"chimpanzee"
"chimpanzee"

Even if it's going to tear the fandom apart.

Do you have an approx. word count for the descriptions?

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i did NOT know that dixie was slightly older than diddy. you learn something new every day!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Lots of people talking about the Metroid cameo in the newest Paper Mario trailer and how it might hint at a new Metroid game according to the leaks.

But there's another cameo hidden there as well. Look at the bottom right. Foreshadowing?

Honestly I thought it was all a reference to Smash Bros. But of course, look at the forum I'm on

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The reason Bowser teaming up with the Mario Bros. works is because we see him in a villainous role so often that it's a nice change of pace.

K.Rool's grand return being a team up would be a bit anticlimactic, wouldn't it?

Top Bottom