• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm trying to think outside the box so I was thinking of doing DK Crosswords every now and then. But I need your guys' help to calibrate the difficulty. Do you think this is too hard and will end up giving you DK fan imposter syndrome? Or is it too E-Z and I have contributed to your DK ennui? I'm hoping it's just right. But let me know!

https://crosswordlabs.com/embed/dk-crossword-1

Maybe we can collab on the next ones for anybody interested.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
^The only one I'm stumped on is 8 down, because the only thing I can think of that's been in every Smash game besides Brawl, DK-related or otherwise, is Kongo Jungle 64, which obviously won't fit.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Man, this thread hasn't been quite active these past couple of days, huh?

Let's revitalize it with some monkey themed cars!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Really? Time to update the thread title.

"The Last Nintendo All-Star: Dixie Kong's Barrel of Support Buddies. BirthNote RESIGNS as Dixie Kong CEO and returns DK fan badge on page 255."

But that's good feedback, thanks. I tried to pick out of a variety of corners of the DKverse, but maybe I went too obscure or esoteric in my clues.

Here are the answers by the way.

Across

1. 2. evil waterfall SQUIRT (DKC3)
  2. 4. golden Kremling CONGAZUMA (DK KING OF SWING)
  3. 5. a Funky bird TAWKS (DKCTF)
  4. 6. Screech hits Squawks with this BAT (DKC2 Box art)
  5. 7. Showdown at the TOWER (DK 94 song)
  6. 9. Dixie lost these KNEEPADS

Down

1. 1. A Tiki trio MARACAS (DKCR)
  2. 2. more shoes than the ostrich SQUITTER
  3. 3. a mature pond; an elderly lagoon ANCIENT LAKE (DIDDY KONG RACING)
  4. 8. in every Smash Bros game but Brawl NECKY (on the N64 DK stage)

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Really? Time to update the thread title.

"The Last Nintendo All-Star: Dixie Kong's Barrel of Support Buddies. BirthNote RESIGNS as Dixie Kong CEO and returns DK fan badge on page 255."

But that's good feedback, thanks. I tried to pick out of a variety of corners of the DKverse, but maybe I went too obscure or esoteric in my clues.

Here are the answers by the way.

Across

1. 2. evil waterfall SQUIRT (DKC3)
  2. 4. golden Kremling CONGAZUMA (DK KING OF SWING)
  3. 5. a Funky bird TAWKS (DKCTF)
  4. 6. Screech hits Squawks with this BAT (DKC2 Box art)
  5. 7. Showdown at the TOWER (DK 94 song)
  6. 9. Dixie lost these KNEEPADS

Down

1. 1. A Tiki trio MARACAS (DKCR)
  2. 2. more shoes than the ostrich SQUITTER
  3. 3. a mature pond; an elderly lagoon ANCIENT LAKE (DIDDY KONG RACING)
  4. 8. in every Smash Bros game but Brawl NECKY (on the N64 DK stage)
Damn it I've held onto the badge for so looooooooong! My downward spiral has begun!!

LMAO thanks for being a good sport though. I can give the crossword a spotlight in the thread title if you'd like

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Oh, thanks that's fine though. I'm just beta testing it out with you guys right now. I'll probably go and make an easier version later.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Pretty sure it's Mario and Bowser.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Diddy not having his boom box in his victory is a glaring omission. Dixie can have her guitar, either as a victory pose or as her Final Smash where they reuse DK's old FS but just make it automatic, no button presses.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Diddy not having his boom box in his victory is a glaring omission. Dixie can have her guitar, either as a victory pose or as her Final Smash where they reuse DK's old FS but just make it automatic, no button presses.
I'd hope they also make it...functional.

DK's old final smash was one of the worst.
It fits being in the game as her guitar- which I'd argue is more iconic than Diddy's boombox (since he drops that for a guitar in DK64).
Music is quite important in Donkey Kong Country- and for Donkey Kong as a whole. It would be nice to see a bit more of that element in the game- and Dixie having the guitar seems to be, well, necessity.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A DK themed pick of the day from Sakurai.

It's such a shame that the best rendition we've ever seen of DK Isle is when it's destroyed by King K.Rool in his Final Smash. I mean, it looks beautiful! It's the old Donkey Kong rock head from the SNES games, and I'd much rather explore it than seeing it blasted to pieces.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's such a shame that the best rendition we've ever seen of DK Isle is when it's destroyed by King K.Rool in his Final Smash. I mean, it looks beautiful! It's the old Donkey Kong rock head from the SNES games, and I'd much rather explore it than seeing it blasted to pieces.
That was also... 20 years ago that the last game referenced it.

Cut to the new game where we learn that the DKC in game explanation is that the we didnt get K Rool or our beloved animal friends for so long because they were all predisposed fixing up the island.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
K. Rool: I've come to make an announcement
K. Rool: I'll let you all live if you give me... 1 MILLION dollars. :ultkrool:

Kritter: Well... Don't you think we should maybe ask for more than a million dollars? A million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money these days.

K. Rool: Okay than... 100 BILLION dollars. :ultkrool:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Jungle Tour Datamined for Mario Kart Tour!

What we want to get: New cool DKC characters like Rool, Dixie, Tiny, Funky, and Cranky.

What we'll actually get: Mario and Toad recolor #30

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Jungle Tour Datamined for Mario Kart Tour!

What we think we'll get: New cool DKC characters like Rool, Dixie, Tiny, Funky, and Cranky.

What we'll actually get: Mario and Toad recolor #30

I'm not sure. But I swear it's going to be a bunch of bs if K. Rool and Dixie ain't in Mario Kart 9 especially now that K. Rool is in Smash.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Mario Kart rosters are such a sore point for me due to how bad Nintendo wastes potential with additions, almost to levels of parody. Instead of using the opportunity to put characters in the spotlight and garner fan exposure for them to maybe see if they can have a bigger role in games (or revitalizing inactive characters for a new generation), they just do recolor metal baby mooks in silly outfits.

How about Dixie instead of Wiggler number 23 but in a foam cowboy hat?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Mario Kart rosters are such a sore point for me due to how bad Nintendo wastes potential with additions, almost to levels of parody. Instead of using the opportunity to put characters in the spotlight and garner fan exposure for them to maybe see if they can have a bigger role in games (or revitalizing inactive characters for a new generation), they just do recolor metal baby mooks in silly outfits.

The Kongs
Kremlings
Warioware crew
Captain Syrup
8-Bits
Tatanga
All Mario RPG and Paper Mario partners
X-Nauts

There is endless potential here for an amazing Mario Kart roster. Such a waste.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Since we are on the topic of Mario Kart rosters...
I understand the choices they make.

Granted, as a Nintendo fan, and a gamer, I'm not happy about it,
but I understand it.

The recolors and outfits are easy. Stupid. But easy.
They could be alts, sure- but then they arent on the screen.
Which means they don't add the value of people seeing it.

Which is actually similar to the baby characters.

Mario Kart is not for the hardcore gamers (or rather- the gameplay and courses are- they will buy the game no matter the characters).
The baby characters and reskins are to be cute for the casual gamers.
I assume most of us have played Mario Kart with hardcore casuals. People that wont' touch another game.
They will play Mario Kart. They will enjoy it.

Part of this comes from the novelty factor.
The babies won't go away.
The reskins may go away, but I find it unlikely.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I won't even ask for Dixie or K.Rool in Mario Kart. Diddy is not even there yet. Without him, we won't get the others. Maybe Funky is also more likely to come back before we get Dixie and K.Rool.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I won't even ask for Dixie or K.Rool in Mario Kart. Diddy is not even there yet. Without him, we won't get the others. Maybe Funky is also more likely to come back before we get Dixie and K.Rool.
I mean he is in Mario Kart Tour which is technically the newest game. Doesn't really look like they're updating MK8D for the time being anyway.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
speaking of racers...

Donkey Kong Racing Wave 12
  • Kiddy Kong, swapping out a pacifier for an Ellie plushie
  • Klout chaser
  • Lord Frederik, crashing this DKC3 reunion
  • OK Boomer

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
You finally shut up all the Kiddy Kong requests! And you actually made Kiddy Kong cute. The Ellie plush is a nice touch.

Klout chaser, I see what you did there and it really works! Those glasses really fit it. Got a Roy Koopa esque vibe.

You got a thing for spiky shoulder pads, huh? It's pretty cool! I'm not sure how I feel about Frederik's eyes, I think he almost looks a little too cute, but I think I understand what you're going for. The original Frederik's eyes are always darkened and glowing and he sometimes looks more like a relative of Pete from Disney than a DK character.

Boomer Bear's a big improvement! I think that's a good idea with the fur color change.

Great job! Will post it tomorrow!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
You finally shut up all the Kiddy Kong requests! And you actually made Kiddy Kong cute. The Ellie plush is a nice touch.

Klout chaser, I see what you did there and it really works! Those glasses really fit it. Got a Roy Koopa esque vibe.

You got a thing for spiky shoulder pads, huh? It's pretty cool! I'm not sure how I feel about Frederik's eyes, I think he almost looks a little too cute, but I think I understand what you're going for. The original Frederik's eyes are always darkened and glowing and he sometimes looks more like a relative of Pete from Disney than a DK character.

Boomer Bear's a big improvement! I think that's a good idea with the fur color change.

Great job! Will post it tomorrow!
Thanks! Lol yeah, no more Kiddy requests!

I couldn't think of who he reminded me of, but yeah he definitely gives off a Roy vibe.

Lol the more shoulder pads, the better! I see what you're saying. Maybe make his eyes smaller? I'm open to ideas!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I think a little smaller personally. But I think the current one is interesting just in terms of it looking like Rare made him. So he kinda fits in with all the others.

Also, you fixed this thing's body type! What the heck is that shape anyway?!

https://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/4/4f/Klout.png/468px-Klout.png

I'm assuming Kuff was ditched for views, likes, retweets, and patreon subscriptions.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
speaking of racers...

Donkey Kong Racing Wave 12
  • Kiddy Kong, swapping out a pacifier for an Ellie plushie
  • Klout chaser
  • Lord Frederik, crashing this DKC3 reunion
  • OK Boomer

Love it! Wow it's really almost finished. You've got some excellent dedication to your projects. I think your work ethic surpasses mine TBH.

Top Bottom