• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I want the ENTIRE Kong clan back. Yes, this includes Swanky, Chunky, Kiddy, and the like. Nintendo dropping the majority of them kind of killed my interest in DK's character for a long while, if I'm being honest.
It happens when you're in a culture that sometimes prefers not to mess with stuff made by other people. Koizumi clearly has been more comfortable working with older :ultmario: characters than :ultdk: ones, as Jungle Beat showed us.

Manky Kong though, that one can be left out, he's the black sheep anyways.

I mean, if you wanted to go full caricature, you'd mention a Kid Icarus bias. :troll:
I wouldn't mind a sudden influx of DK characters after a Sakurai DK game.

https://www.deviantart.com/flintofmother3/art/Stuff-people-say-281-659112910

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doesn't make it better that they're gonna charge 40 for DK, Dixie and Funky too. Am not paying that.
Let it sink in for a second. Getting Tropical Freeze on the Switch, full price, is cheaper than getting the 4 kongs in Tour.

Whatever department that's running the MKT staff must be clearly out of their minds, but the casual players and customers won't care.

D

Deleted member

Tbf, they are currently selling Bowser for 40€ on Mario Kart Tour too but you can also get It randomly from the pipes (which is the way I got him) so it's not like he's locked onto that pack only.

Still, it is a bs move from the developers' part and we are on our right to criticize it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Tbf, they are currently selling Bowser for 40€ on Mario Kart Tour too but you can also get It randomly from the pipes (which is the way I got him) so it's not like he's locked onto that pack only.

Still, it is a bs move from the developers' part and we are on our right to criticize it.
Well, I can then see why people are miffed that Dixie's Kart debut is this one.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It has been over three months since I last posted in this thread or posted anything on this website in general. I am still at work despite the pandemic, so I don't have the free time many here are now experiencing. A few notable events have transpired during my absence, most notably the announcement that the next DLC fighter will be from ARMS, that Panel de Pon (the original version of it) is finally being released internationally, and that Dixie Kong finally made her Mario Kart debut.

The other two matters will be addressed in other topics, but in regards to Dixie Kong, her new development will be talked about here.

Dixie Kong finally making her debut in Mario Kart is actually very unusual if you know the history behind her appearances in Mario spinoffs. Prior to this, she has only made three appearances in Mario spinoffs, beginning with 2005's Mario Superstars Baseball. After this her only other two spinoff appearances were Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (released in 2006), and Mario Super Sluggers (released in 2008). So it was only a very brief period where she was even appearing in the Mario spinoffs, and even during this time there were only three appearances.

Mario Super Sluggers in particular has the the notability of being the last title to which DK characters outside of DK and Diddy made appearances in a Mario spinoff (it was released a few months after Mario Kart Wii, where Funky was notably a part of the roster). This title was also the last time characters like K. Rool and Tiny Kong made appearances outside of Smash Bros.

So it basically has been 12 years not only since Dixie's last appearance in a Mario spinoff, but 12 years in general for the last time DK characters other than DK and Diddy were in a Mario spinoff's roster. For Dixie Kong, this is her first new game appearance since 2014. This was the second longest hiatus between new appearances for her ever, with the only hiatus lasting longer being her appearance from 1997's Donkey Kong Land 3 to 2004's Donkey Konga 2. People seem to forget Dixie Kong has already been gone for quite a while (the Switch port for Tropical Freeze kind of obscures how long her hiatus has actually been).

However, in terms of actually helping Dixie Kong in terms of character support and exposure. The unfortunate circumstances behind Mario Kart Tour mean that it means very little. Mario Kart Tour is a mobile gacha type game, and as many others have pointed out, many characters you have to pay $40 just to unlock them individually. In terms of gaining new fans and building more support for Smash, this new appearance means very little for her.

However, it is still a very important milestone for her, and hopefully at the very least it might mean she will be considered for the roster for the next proper Mario Kart title.

I do not think there will be any other notable developments for Dixie Kong for the rest of this year though. There is the possibility that the ARMS character ends ups being a character whom already has a spirit in Ultimate. If that is the case, it would be proof that spirits are not deconfirmations, and could end up making it so that there is more interest in Dixie. However, personally, my prognosis of this is that Dixie would still be unlikely. I think other spirit promotions will most likely be Geno and characters that could be used to promote a game or series with little content in Ultimate presently (Xenoblade X, the Paper Mario series, the Rhythm Heaven series).

If the ARMS character ends up being a character that does not already have a spirit, then it might indeed be the case that spirits are hard deconfirmations. We shall see soon enough. June is only a week away, though the character probably will not be unveiled until the second or third week of June. The identity of the character will be very interesting due to the implications alone.

Aside from this, there are a few posts left that I want to make personal commentary on. So here it goes.

I fear Dixie may be stuck in the same purgatory Toad is...

Most certainly a Nintendo all star, but just not exciting to people....
I agree unfortunately. She is certainly among the most popular DK characters (heck, there have been polls I have seen where she ranks as the most well liked DK character overall), and she is probably among the most recognizable Nintendo characters outside the Mario series that is still not part of the roster, yet the Smash Bubble seems to have little passion for her.

I do not know why this is the case. I think it is a multitude of factors though. One was that it took so long for K. Rool to be added in, so her fans spent much of their time in K. Rool's shadow, Another is the long running assumption that she would be a "Diddy clone" especially when the concept of echoes were brought into the mix, and characters that seem likely to be clones of some sort typically have less passion for them. While I said she could work as a Ken-style echo (basically a semi-clone that is given the echo designation). her main attribute, her prehensile hair, lends a multitude of move possibilities that she feels more at home being her own fighter (or a Lucas/Wolf style derivative) than a Chrom-style echo (a different recovery and Final Smash, and nothing else). I think in general this stems from the lack of present passion for her. I feel the more passion and interest for her, the more people would realize her unique abilities.

I think another aspect of why there does not seem to be more passion and interest for Dixie is that since the base game period to Ultimate support has ended, character support has radically shifted towards third-party characters. The moaning in general about the next fighter being an ARMS character is a testament to this recent phenomenon.

The last major fact I would see is that in Tropical Freeze, she (along with Diddy and Cranky), was treated more as a power-up than a separate playable character (she was only playable by herself in multiplayer and in hard mode which is only unlockable after finishing the game normally). Tropical Freeze itself did not sell as well as many other major titles in the DK franchise (notably the DKC trilogy, DK64, and DKC Returns). While with the sales of the Wii U and Switch versions combined it sold well, it is not certain how many of those Switch copies were "double dips" (people whom bought the Wii U version first, and then later bought the Switch version). The last mainline DK title where she had a readily accessible playable form was Donkey Kong Land 3, which was released all the way back in 1997.

It is this combination of factors that I feel why Dixie Kong does not have more interest among the Smash Bubble despite her being among the last major Nintendo characters not on Ultimate's roster.

In regards to Toad, he is perhaps the saddest story there is (or at the very least much more shafted than Waluigi has ever been). He is one of Nintendo's most iconic characters and has been seemingly the most obvious next Mario character in line since Wario's confirmation. However, aside from Bowser Jr. (and the Koopalings), every Mario character that has been confirmed since Brawl is someone that has less prominence in the mainline series than Toad has. If you asked in 2013, few would believe that Toad would not be in before Rosalina, Daisy, and Piranha Plant. As it stands right now, there is a passionate fanbase right now for both Geno and Waluigi, and both will likely make it in before Toad does. Heck, Paper Mario also stands a good chance of making it in before Toad.

This matter is made even more frustrating when you look at how not just Toad, but different incarnations of him now also have impressive resumes. Toadette was a spinoff exclusive character that now has become a part of the mainline series (she is part of the playable cast for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and Super Mario Maker 2, as well as the co-star of Captain Toad, and was a notable NPC in Super Mario Odyssey). Captain Toad needs no introduction, he was a notable NPC in the Galaxy titles and Odyssey, had a set of levels in 3D World, and had his own very well-received spinoff title.

I can appreciate Sakurai and his team taking time to do a meaningful consolation prize for Toad (an expanded role as a part of Peach's moveset, and the full Mii costume), so at the very least it seems that Sakurai might understand Toad's importance despite a lack of passion for him among the Smash Bubble. While other characters you can point to that they have heavy support among fans, Toad gets lost in the crowd among Smash fans and most of the attention for Mario characters is on Geno, Waluigi, and most recently Paper Mario. For Toad's roster exclusion thus far, it not just stems from what the developers feel on him, but also that the fans do not seem to think his exclusion is particularly noteworthy, which is a shame.

Diddy, Funky, and Dixie are all going to be in Mario Kart 9 for sure as well as maybe Cranky and definitely K. Rool for sure. I don't see them passing up the next mainline console game since Dixie and Funky are in Tour and K. Rool is in Smash.
I very firmly disagree on this. The Mario Kart series is notorious for bringing in characters that end up never returning. There is a long running precedence for this.

Both Paratroopa and Petey Piranha were in introduced in Double Dash and have yet to return. ROB who was introduced in DS, has yet to return. Both Honey Queen and Wiggler (both 7 newcomers) have yet to return. And perhaps the most notable example of them all, Donkey Kong Jr., whom was one of eight characters from the original installment still has yet to return, despite baby versions of Mario characters being an increasing staple of the roster to Mario Kart titles. Considering that Diddy Kong did not even come back for 8 or 8 Deluxe, it can easily be the case that Dixie and Funky do not return for the next proper Mario Kart installment.

The best hope for Dixie and Funky returning in my opinion is the DK franchise becoming prominent again, otherwise I think their debut in Tour was simply a very happy fortunate circumstance.

Call me crazy, but I'm calling it now that Dixie Kong will be one of the remaining unannounced 5 FP2 fighters.
Unfortunately, again, I am going to disagree strongly. There are strong bread crumbs suggesting that one of the five remaining unannounced characters is going to be Geno (both the Geno Mii costume and Chocobo hat are among the few Mii costumes that still have not yet returned), and that another is going to a Namco characrer (all three Namco Mii costumes still have not yet returned despite Namco being the developer of Ultimate). That leaves three slots left to guess. I see another Capcom character, another Western third-party character, and Ryu Hayabusa as likely possibilities for these three remaining slots.

However, even leaving it hypothetically, that we get only one other third-party character aside from Geno and the Namco newcomer, that leaves only two slots for Dixie to be one of them. And in the case of Nintendo newcomer possibilities, the competition is extremely high. If we get another Nintendo newcomer in the pass, this character will probably be a Pokemon promoting Sword and Shield (although there has already been a spirit event for it). As I mentioned earlier, strong possibilities for additional Nintendo newcomers in the event that the ARMS character does end up being someone who already has a spirit, are from Nintendo games and franchises that suspiciously have little content in Ultimate (much like ARMS). The examples I listed were Xenoblade X, the Paper Mario series, and Rhythm Heaven series. Paper Mario of these three, already has an upcoming title happening.

I very much would love for Dixie to be a part of Ultimate's legendary roster, but she frankly has a massive uphill climb for her to have even been considered for Fighters Pass Vol 2. It would basically hinge upon a perfect alignment of special factors.

We shall see what happens with Fighters Pass Vol 2. As it stands, I personally think the pass opening with an ARMS character is a very unexpected (but very interesting) development. My own predictions for Pass 2 are not impacted by this development though, and I am still expecting the five other slots to be Geno, a Namco character, a Capcom character, a Western third-party, and Ryu Hayabusa. I will elaborate more when I do make a new post in my Fighters Pass Vol 2 predictions topic.

This was a very lengthy post, but there was so much to say as a result of Dixie's unexpected Mario Kart debut and some of the responses that were brought forth recently in this topic. I was never expecting this to happen for Dixie, and it is a very unexpected development. It was simply miraculous.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
It’s been a while.

As the wait for the next batch of DLC comes, one thing that really gets on my nerves is the lack of support or discussion around Dixie Kong. Where I’m at, if you make one mention of Dixie Kong, you get bombarded with people calling her female Diddy or complaining about how she’s boring and anti-hype. On one hand, she really should have been in the base roster, same with ARMS but that’s another can of worms for another fishing trip.

On the other hand, the mention of ‘hype’ is what makes me more surly over her absence and shows that people don’t care for characters, just the ‘hype’ around them or worse, the functions around them. Look at You-Know-Who during January and the reception it got. You mean to tell me Dixie Kong, a staple Video Game Hero that was saving the day way before the other so-called essential characters came into the picture isn’t hype? She wouldn’t just be a reskin of Diddy. She really can’t be if accuracy is important to Sakurai when it comes to characters at the area where Smash is now. She had two chances to get her time to shine and somehow, she wasn’t able to get in or even squeeze in as an ‘echo’ fighter like a few others that get defended to the death. What gives? Relevancy didn’t help her, standing out from her boyfriend didn’t do a thing, two times now. Damn right I’m salty.

Dixie can be unique and I feel she could rekindle a newfound appreciation for Nintendo characters with actual backing and sincerity and I feel she’s worthy enough for her own trailer and spot in the second Fighter’s Pass.

In recent news, Dixie appearing in Mario Kart Tour is a good thing, alongside Diddy returning to the series and Funky to boot. On the other hand, a mobile title isn’t particularly ideal for some and the dislike for the title and platform is justified to an extent. Is it good that she appeared? Absolutely. Could she have appeared in a more grandiose title? Of course.

But back to the talk of the hype. You notice that the 3rd parties that appear frequently have an underside of drama present when they butt heads with one another? You notice you don’t see that much with Dixie Kong outside of “FEMALE DIDDY DURR” and “BORING NINTENDO PICK 3RD PARTIES GENERATE MORE HYPE”? To me, it seems that people know she’s long overdue like K. Rool and Ridley, but won’t admit to it for some reason. Maybe that’s why she isn’t getting too much attention, even in the Nintendo circle at times, no drama = no discussion.

In any case, Dixie Kong is someone I’m really gunning for, and I’d take her over any other 3rd party at this point. Mario Kart Tour is a small start, but depending on how Nintendo sees her, it could be a lucky fluke or again, a small step to a bigger, brighter future. And then again, she’s already safe and secure at her home franchise with Tropical Freeze six years back. So, I think it’s time for a new DKC with her included and the Kremlings making their triumphant return.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Regardless of how likely you consider Dixie for Smash, I think her absence during the 64 really hurt her more than anything long run (which not even her good TF appearance/role quite made up for), with how critical that era was as the initial transition to 3D gaming, especially for platformers. Memorable as K. Rool was in the DKC trilogy, a good chunk of his popularity also came from DK64, and then of course you had Banjo as a late 64 mascot, both of whom are here now... She really should've been in DK64 instead of the standin known as Tiny. Having that temporary replacement cheapened her during a most important time.

Not to say she's doomed because of it necessarily, but with that in mind, can see why she may have not been prioritized for Smash as much as other Rare produced characters... Having the 64 era fanatics rallying behind her too because of DK64 or something would've made a major difference, but I'm sure it's already been said and I'm likely just regurgitating, but still. Think she has a fine edge over Conker, at least. That edgy squirrel and his juvenile game was a mere funny product of the time, while Dixie's typically remembered more because of her initial star power.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think other spirit promotions will most likely be Geno and characters that could be used to promote a game or series with little content in Ultimate presently (Xenoblade X, the Paper Mario series, the Rhythm Heaven series).
Finally someone else who think Elma is more likely or just likely as Rex & Pyra.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The irony was that Dixie was on hiatus in DK but considered in Brawl. Then she's active in DK but seemingly ignored in Smash. Its odd.

And I'm in the mindset that Nintendo kinda owes Xenoblade a character after they mishandled how Rex not being added.
They do. It would be bull**** if we didn't get another Xenoblade rep since Sakurai said Rex was too late to be implemented because of his game coming out too late while Byleth's game came out much later and he get's in anyway. Sure Rex was too late for the base game, but there is no excuse for him to be left out as DLC as well as Elma.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Honestly Rex being passed over for Byleth makes sense when you think about it

Keep in mind that by 2018, when FP1 was being planned, Xenoblade 2 had already been released. I think with Byleth, they wanted a character from a game that had yet to be released and wouldn't be released until after Ultimate came out, so naturally FE Three Houses took priority.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
ChronoBound ChronoBound I read your entire post and I agree with it 100%, especially the part about Toad. I was rooting for Toad since Brawl and had to endure with a lot more arguments about him being useful or the talk of being a species hurting his chances when Yoshi is also a species not to mention the Pokemon themselves. I always saw Toad as the one who could represent Super Mario Bros. 2 USA, moreso than Peach but I've seen a few movesets with NSMB's powerups in mind, mainly the mod King Bob did for PM. Now that's a damn good moveset.

But back to Dixie, her issue isn't really with DKC, it's DKC's dormancy that's the problem. Nintendo is still a Japanese company and DKC is still an IP originating from a western source. The only other time you saw Nintendo take a whack at a DK title was Jungle Beat and look how that performed. Paon had their games but those were games you'd play alongside Tropical Freeze or Returns even, not the games that you'd push the IP with exclusively. For all the praise Tropical Freeze gets, I still feel that it falls short compared to Rare's DKC and even the DKL trilogy in some areas. Not having Engaurde for the water levels was a very missed opportunity and while allowing the Kongs more mobility underwater makes sense from a gameplay perspective, it also downplays Engaurde himself as a character, going back to the functions point I mentioned.

Rambi shouldn't have been the only animal buddy in Tropical Freeze. You had a savanna archtype but no Expresso? Come on!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Keep in mind that by 2018, when FP1 was being planned, Xenoblade 2 had already been released. I think with Byleth, they wanted a character from a game that had yet to be released and wouldn't be released until after Ultimate came out, so naturally FE Three Houses took priority.
How does that make sense outside of a promotional prospective?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

True, that makes sense. But, they pulled that exact same stunt with Corrin and that was not well-received.

Promotional characters are tricky as people fear that will represent 90% of their character and will be remembered for. If they have established fanbases before being added, them being an ad for an upcoming game won't be met with as much complaint or resistance. If Dixie was in Smash 4 to advertise TF, she would still be welcomed as she was a fan favorite and liked character. If she debuted in TF, her Smash addition then would be weaker.

But now people are more negative towards promo characters being worked on in Smash before their game comes out because it happened four times with one franchise.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Nowadays, we get promo characters months, if not a year or so, after their game has released, in contrast to FE Fates barely having just gotten out of the womb at the time of 4. As such, we've yet to see another situation like Corrin again. Even Byleth's game was given enough time for people across the board to experience it for an okay amount of time.

But in the end, the promo character term can easily be twisted to mean that every character in the game promotes something, even those who hadn't had another game in years, or ever.

That said, the FE elephant is out of the way now, so they're starting to run out of recent Nintendo things that Smash could be used to give attention to.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It’s been a while.

As the wait for the next batch of DLC comes, one thing that really gets on my nerves is the lack of support or discussion around Dixie Kong. Where I’m at, if you make one mention of Dixie Kong, you get bombarded with people calling her female Diddy or complaining about how she’s boring and anti-hype. On one hand, she really should have been in the base roster, same with ARMS but that’s another can of worms for another fishing trip.

On the other hand, the mention of ‘hype’ is what makes me more surly over her absence and shows that people don’t care for characters, just the ‘hype’ around them or worse, the functions around them. Look at You-Know-Who during January and the reception it got. You mean to tell me Dixie Kong, a staple Video Game Hero that was saving the day way before the other so-called essential characters came into the picture isn’t hype? She wouldn’t just be a reskin of Diddy. She really can’t be if accuracy is important to Sakurai when it comes to characters at the area where Smash is now. She had two chances to get her time to shine and somehow, she wasn’t able to get in or even squeeze in as an ‘echo’ fighter like a few others that get defended to the death. What gives? Relevancy didn’t help her, standing out from her boyfriend didn’t do a thing, two times now. Damn right I’m salty.

Dixie can be unique and I feel she could rekindle a newfound appreciation for Nintendo characters with actual backing and sincerity and I feel she’s worthy enough for her own trailer and spot in the second Fighter’s Pass.

In recent news, Dixie appearing in Mario Kart Tour is a good thing, alongside Diddy returning to the series and Funky to boot. On the other hand, a mobile title isn’t particularly ideal for some and the dislike for the title and platform is justified to an extent. Is it good that she appeared? Absolutely. Could she have appeared in a more grandiose title? Of course.

But back to the talk of the hype. You notice that the 3rd parties that appear frequently have an underside of drama present when they butt heads with one another? You notice you don’t see that much with Dixie Kong outside of “FEMALE DIDDY DURR” and “BORING NINTENDO PICK 3RD PARTIES GENERATE MORE HYPE”? To me, it seems that people know she’s long overdue like K. Rool and Ridley, but won’t admit to it for some reason. Maybe that’s why she isn’t getting too much attention, even in the Nintendo circle at times, no drama = no discussion.

In any case, Dixie Kong is someone I’m really gunning for, and I’d take her over any other 3rd party at this point. Mario Kart Tour is a small start, but depending on how Nintendo sees her, it could be a lucky fluke or again, a small step to a bigger, brighter future. And then again, she’s already safe and secure at her home franchise with Tropical Freeze six years back. So, I think it’s time for a new DKC with her included and the Kremlings making their triumphant return.
Where is this place that has Dixie getting ridiculed? If it's somewhere on the internet, we can send some fans to put in a good word for her.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Where is this place that has Dixie getting ridiculed? If it's somewhere on the internet, we can send some fans to put in a good word for her.
Let's find out who they are so we can throw a barrel at them!

Of kindness!

Barrels made of kindness!

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
its called 4chan because when you see it you turn 4 degrees and walk away

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A similar philosophy can be applied to GameFAQs.
Yeah, but 4chan is much worst. Comparing GameFaqs to 4chan is like comparing selfish haters to next level trolls. While they're both bad, 4chan is much worst because it's a trolls' nest without no mods keeping them in check so theu can troll and harass on there as much as they please while hiding completely who they are.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Yeah, but 4chan is much worst. Comparing GameFaqs to 4chan is like comparing selfish haters to next level trolls. While they're both bad, 4chan is much worst because it's a trolls' nest without no mods keeping them in check so theu can troll and harass on there as much as they please while hiding completely who they are.
Well never been on 4chan (judging by the way you described it that's a good thing) but the boards on gamefaqs about Smash Bros is utterly depressing. I'll never understand how such a well made game with so much content and so much to enjoy attracted a board with so much negativity, seriously you can count the positive topics on there(the majority of the topics are nearly about getting your most wanted with some negative aftereffect which is got old fast among other things that are usually negative) I understand that it's definitely not perfect but still it doesn't make sense to me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well never been on 4chan (judging by the way you described it that's a good thing) but the boards on gamefaqs about Smash Bros is utterly depressing. I'll never understand how such a well made game with so much content and so much to enjoy attracted a board with so much negativity, seriously you can count the positive topics on there(the majority of the topics are nearly about getting your most wanted with some negative aftereffect which is got old fast among other things that are usually negative) I understand that it's definitely not perfect but still it doesn't make sense to me.
The thing about 4chan that makes it worst than GameFaqs is that they talk negative **** about games and characters on there too. Not only that, they use racial slur words and other offense words when speaking to people they don't like or people posting stuff they don't like which is just about everything. Literally, I think people camp on there just for ***** and giggles to say what they want to whoever they want in their echo champer.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie uses her helicopter spin in Mario Kart.
Literally what's playing in my head the moment I saw Dixie jump up out of her kart after her helicopter spin:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Let's find out who they are so we can throw a barrel at them!

Of kindness!

Barrels made of kindness!
I work as a garbage man, I often times get tasked picking up all the bulky waste, Monday there was a barrel amongst the waste. It was... Extremely satisfying throwing that thing :D

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Finally dropping by real quick to give my support to Dixie Kong.

She's one of the last Nintendo characters (and newcomers in general) that I want in Ultimate. I was super satisfied with the initial roster up to Incineroar and Piranha Plant's reveals, but now that so much DLC has happened and with more on the way, her absence would be very notable on the final roster. Wouldn't be the same without her. Let's hope she makes it, even if she was late to the call unlike K. Rool.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
For anyone interested, Dixie’s spotlight in Mario Kart Tour stars today and it’s a week long, it’s your best chance to get her.
D7778214-0354-4316-B3A0-701805C3F4C7.jpeg
I am so happy i got her in my first 10 pipe!! Good luck to everyone ✨

Staarih

Smash Master
Dr. Mario World is really that game which adds characters from the two farthest ends of a spectrum, but nobody from in between, say hello to Dr. Dolphin:

At least Mario Kart Tour gave us Funky and Dixie, even if we has to sit through a plethora of costumes and variants first. While an appearance in Dr. Mario World wouldn’t probably do much for Dixie (does anyone even play that game?), I still wish they’d go through some of the more relevant characters first.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I work as a garbage man, I often times get tasked picking up all the bulky waste, Monday there was a barrel amongst the waste. It was... Extremely satisfying throwing that thing :D
Things just got awkward, though, when you threw the barrel and a monkey popped out.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I used to check GameFAQs during the Smash 4 days, it's not worth it. GameFAQs is heavily outclassed by websites like this one and r/SmashBros for discussion on the game. Only go on GameFAQs if you have popcorn on you.

Top Bottom