• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
WAIT! I MADE A MISTAKE!!! I meant to say that DK Jr is the YOUNGER version of the current DK! HOW COULD I HAVE LET THIS SLIP PAST ME?!?!

My head canon is that Cranky is the current DK's Dad, and we don't see Jr because he grew up. I gotta fix the thread title, also the moveset idea is gonna be up in a few days.
I'll remember this betrayal, BirthNote!

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Mama mia! Great work! I like how you drew them and how you gave Pauline her arcade objects and Mario his arcade coloring! It might be Kongtroversial but I do think Mario and Pauline deserve a slot in a DK Racing game. Of course, only after the important characters like Lemmington, Xananab, and Millstone Gnawty are all in first.

They're an important part of the DK backstory! I think they are a good choice.

Let me post it within the next few days.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord

Do people think Squitter could be incorporated into Dixie's moveset? I have always been on the more skeptical side of the animal buddies inclusion, but I've been won over by some concepts like Birth Note's Squawks and Ellie concepts. But how do you think Squitter could fit in, if he could?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Maybe his webs could be utilized as a sticky projectile? That or use his web platforms as something to stand on or flip it 90 degrees to be a barrier.

Then there's typical spider stuff that involves traps and webslinging. It's not too much of a stretch but you could justify a tether recovery with him too. If we wanted to get wild with ideas we could probably look at Spider-Man for inspiration. Or we could have a concept where you summon Squitter, he sets up a trap and waits while you do your own thing and whoever walks past him gets caught in a web. Just spitballing

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Alright, it took longer than expected but here's the newest moveset idea:

Once again we're in the Gum category, aka instances where Dixie uses bubblegum or gumballs for moveset ideas. For today we have this:

Using a modified Bubblegum popgun, Dixie inflates a wad of gum. As she charges the move, it swells up to a massive orb of pressurized air, daring anyone to get near it and see what happens. Once they make contact with it....

It pops, releasing all that pressurized air as a bubblegum explosion! Rather than blow a bubble with her mouth as an attack, Dixie retools her popgun to do it instead. You can create a potentially large hitbox with it, as holding "B" makes the gum balloon up to a size larger than Dixie that even heavyweight foes will need to beware, but as the wad grows it takes more time to reach its max size. Here's some more details:

So, what you're basically doing with this move is creating a volatile barrier in front of Dixie. It's charged by pressing and holding "B" but you can't store the charge. This is because the gum shrinks and deflates as soon as you release "B"; this happens very quickly as well, so while it takes time to blow it up to max size, you can almost instantly make it shrink so that Dixie is free to go back to doing anything else. This is also important for another detail I'll cover in a bit, but this mechanic allows you to rhythmically inflate and deflate the gum at will, which is useful because the size determines how strong the blast will be. You can't store the charge and you constantly control the size, but you can't make it pop on your own either. It has to touch a foe or breakable object, like an item, NPC or stage prop.

When it does manage to pop, its force can be quite powerful and KO-Worthy even if not fully charged, so its Max Size is something that should never be taken lightly. Foes who even walk into the gum can make it burst, and the same happens if they attack it. This however is where things start to shift: attacking the gum bubble will make it pop, but what happens afterwards depends on whether it was hit with a melee or ranged attack. Melee attacks will yield the explosion seen above, often hurting the foe who busted the bubble and sending them reeling. However, if you shoot or throw something at it...

It'll backfire, rendering Dixie in a state like Diddy when he overcharges his popgun. Here, Dixie's gum blows up in her face, leaving her vulnerable for a couple of seconds. Projectiles of all kinds are an excellent counter to this move, as you can safely bust it open and stunlock Dixie. This is why it's important for her to inflate and deflate the gum at will; she won't be forced to commit to the attack as simply releasing "B" will let her rapidly deflate the gum and get back to whatever else. Dixie becomes a smaller target when you deflate the gum and you as the player are allowed to adapt to the situation. Fortunately, if the bubble is popped at a small enough size, Dixie will just receive some endlag (or hitlag) instead of being vulnerable for a couple seconds.

So, as you can see this is a powerful move that can have some drawbacks. It's great for edgeguarding, decent for halting some approaches and of course puts a powerful barrier between Dixie and a potential attacker. Its Killing Power is potent at larger sizes but projectiles can make this a liability. It must be used wisely and dynamically, as it's up to the player to control how big it gets. Obviously, if you find a way around the bubble you can just hit Dixie to cancel out the move, so both Dixie and her foe need to be strategic about this.

OK, that was a BIG post, so I'll wrap this up. This is a Neutral Special but could also be Side or Down, and it's inspired by Diddy's Neutral B, my Up Throw for Dixie and of course Tropical Freeze. Diddy's influence is obvious and so is Tropical Freeze's, but the Up Throw I brainstormed is basically a weaker (and safer) version of this. There's a lot of detail in this concept, so when you put it on Twitter, feel free to make it as blunt and in-your-own-words as you like. Thanks, Snowbound!

Also for those who haven't seen it, here's a wave of potential moveset ideas for Dixie Kong:
Feel free to point to this AND the WONDERFUL entries in the OP's Fan Created Movesets to set your imagination ablaze.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
14 year anniversary of Diddy Kong's reveal for Brawl.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Do you ever sit down and thing how wild it was that newcomers would just be randomly dumped onto the Smash DOJO!! site at any possible moment like that? Nowadays they're always saved for big events like E3, Nintendo Directs and sometimes even TGA with elaborate CGI trailers.

Like years later King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were given the red carpet treatment with big budget animated trailers streamed at big Nintendo Directs. Meanwhile Diddy Kong just got a blog post back in 2007 for his grand reveal.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Alright, it took longer than expected but here's the newest moveset idea:

Once again we're in the Gum category, aka instances where Dixie uses bubblegum or gumballs for moveset ideas. For today we have this:

Using a modified Bubblegum popgun, Dixie inflates a wad of gum. As she charges the move, it swells up to a massive orb of pressurized air, daring anyone to get near it and see what happens. Once they make contact with it....

It pops, releasing all that pressurized air as a bubblegum explosion! Rather than blow a bubble with her mouth as an attack, Dixie retools her popgun to do it instead. You can create a potentially large hitbox with it, as holding "B" makes the gum balloon up to a size larger than Dixie that even heavyweight foes will need to beware, but as the wad grows it takes more time to reach its max size. Here's some more details:

So, what you're basically doing with this move is creating a volatile barrier in front of Dixie. It's charged by pressing and holding "B" but you can't store the charge. This is because the gum shrinks and deflates as soon as you release "B"; this happens very quickly as well, so while it takes time to blow it up to max size, you can almost instantly make it shrink so that Dixie is free to go back to doing anything else. This is also important for another detail I'll cover in a bit, but this mechanic allows you to rhythmically inflate and deflate the gum at will, which is useful because the size determines how strong the blast will be. You can't store the charge and you constantly control the size, but you can't make it pop on your own either. It has to touch a foe or breakable object, like an item, NPC or stage prop.

When it does manage to pop, its force can be quite powerful and KO-Worthy even if not fully charged, so its Max Size is something that should never be taken lightly. Foes who even walk into the gum can make it burst, and the same happens if they attack it. This however is where things start to shift: attacking the gum bubble will make it pop, but what happens afterwards depends on whether it was hit with a melee or ranged attack. Melee attacks will yield the explosion seen above, often hurting the foe who busted the bubble and sending them reeling. However, if you shoot or throw something at it...

It'll backfire, rendering Dixie in a state like Diddy when he overcharges his popgun. Here, Dixie's gum blows up in her face, leaving her vulnerable for a couple of seconds. Projectiles of all kinds are an excellent counter to this move, as you can safely bust it open and stunlock Dixie. This is why it's important for her to inflate and deflate the gum at will; she won't be forced to commit to the attack as simply releasing "B" will let her rapidly deflate the gum and get back to whatever else. Dixie becomes a smaller target when you deflate the gum and you as the player are allowed to adapt to the situation. Fortunately, if the bubble is popped at a small enough size, Dixie will just receive some endlag (or hitlag) instead of being vulnerable for a couple seconds.

So, as you can see this is a powerful move that can have some drawbacks. It's great for edgeguarding, decent for halting some approaches and of course puts a powerful barrier between Dixie and a potential attacker. Its Killing Power is potent at larger sizes but projectiles can make this a liability. It must be used wisely and dynamically, as it's up to the player to control how big it gets. Obviously, if you find a way around the bubble you can just hit Dixie to cancel out the move, so both Dixie and her foe need to be strategic about this.

OK, that was a BIG post, so I'll wrap this up. This is a Neutral Special but could also be Side or Down, and it's inspired by Diddy's Neutral B, my Up Throw for Dixie and of course Tropical Freeze. Diddy's influence is obvious and so is Tropical Freeze's, but the Up Throw I brainstormed is basically a weaker (and safer) version of this. There's a lot of detail in this concept, so when you put it on Twitter, feel free to make it as blunt and in-your-own-words as you like. Thanks, Snowbound!

Also for those who haven't seen it, here's a wave of potential moveset ideas for Dixie Kong:
Feel free to point to this AND the WONDERFUL entries in the OP's Fan Created Movesets to set your imagination ablaze.
I love those faces and concept! I like how your concept even varies with how other characters interact with the bubble. Let me post it on Tuesday.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Do you ever sit down and thing how wild it was that newcomers would just be randomly dumped onto the Smash DOJO!! site at any possible moment like that? Nowadays they're always saved for big events like E3, Nintendo Directs and sometimes even TGA with elaborate CGI trailers.

Like years later King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie were given the red carpet treatment with big budget animated trailers streamed at big Nintendo Directs. Meanwhile Diddy Kong just got a blog post back in 2007 for his grand reveal.
The budget for Brawl was probably relatively smaller, and there's the added effect where they probably had to use the majority of their CGI budget on the Subspace Emissary cutscenes (which they obviously didn't have to do for Smash 4 and Ultimate).

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Plus like we kinda said and established earlier, the character trailers of today are like the spiritual successor to the SSE cutscenes of back then, in that they're where the CGI budget goes now.

What wasn't pointed out earlier though, is how the Ultimate character trailer total runtime is almost the same length as Subspace. I suppose whoever the last character is, their trailer will bump up the current total runtime a few more minutes.

unknown.png

So give Ultimate some credit for its cutscene collection. Personally, I prefer its ones of Ridley killing Mario, Death killing Luigi followed by the Belmonts' reveal, the K Rool fakeout reveal, etc, over SSE's cutscenes of Rayquaza coming out of a lake and all the other randomness. SSE did some for the Ridley culture too though, so I have some hindsight fondness for it along with all the love Diddy got in it, but my Ultimate and perhaps recency bias makes me prefer its cutscenes more. It just sucks that the characters trailers are not available to view in-game as an option for some reason like they were in SSB4, even though we have the internet/youtube for rewatch purposes.

And yeah, happy anniversary to Diddy's reveal.

Kampaigner there brought up some good points as usual. I didn't think about how Diddy being in Brawl kinda helped pave the way for him in DKCR a couple years later or the soft reboot series in general, but yeah.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah I think Ultimate's reveal trailers have been getting better and better. I loved Subspace's cutscenes but Smash 4's and Ultimate's just kept improving.

It's really been 14 years for Diddy's reveal? Damn, I remember playing DKC2 and fighting Kudgel at a friend's house one morning, then going to the Dojo!! and seeing Diddy revealed right there. Weird coincidence, but 15yr old me was INCREDIBLY HAPPY. It was early in the morning too so everyone was still asleep, but I wanted to shout. Luckily I didn't but man I couldn't wait to get my hands on Brawl.
I love those faces and concept! I like how your concept even varies with how other characters interact with the bubble. Let me post it on Tuesday.
Thanks! It took longer than I expected but I'm glad you like it.
I'll remember this betrayal, BirthNote!
Yes! Remember it well! Along with Wrinkly's passing, I've seen the Death Certificate!

Also excellent work with Pauline and Mario. I really didn't expect them but I'm happy you chose those two. Now that they're here, it makes sense. I'm looking forward to seeing who's left!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I have to say, the marketing blitz for Metroid does have me hopeful that the next mainline DK title will get a similar advertising push to the public. Nintendo's never promoted the former this well, and given the SNES era successes with the DK brand push, are a precedent?

We might see the kind of sales that a major DK game deserves.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
With the exception of Tropical Freeze not doing as well as it could’ve with the Wii U being a flop, DK games for the most part have gotten the sales they deserve from what I’ve seen. But yeah, this is the first time Metroid’s been marketed to this degree, despite the continued lack of availability for the other games on the Switch. It’s basically a course correction, which with any luck will give the series sales that matches the hype a game like Dread usually tends to get.

Hopefully the next DK game will be promoted somewhere as strongly though. Helps that the Switch already has most of the DKC library in some form.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

The 2000s were wild man.

Also unrelated to Brawl, but i find it funny how Ryu just got a gameplay trailer while Ken got a full CGI reveal shared alongside Incineroar. Same goes for Cloud and Hero/Sephiroth (though at least Cloud plays a big part in Seph's trailer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's really been 14 years for Diddy's reveal? Damn, I remember playing DKC2 and fighting Kudgel at a friend's house one morning, then going to the Dojo!! and seeing Diddy revealed right there. Weird coincidence, but 15yr old me was INCREDIBLY HAPPY. It was early in the morning too so everyone was still asleep, but I wanted to shout. Luckily I didn't but man I couldn't wait to get my hands on Brawl.
I was 16 years old, and it was morning too, and I DID shout hahahaha.

Diddy's reveal wasn't as super hype as say, K.Rool. But it's probably still one of my favorite most hype moments in gaming reveals ever.

Also the Subspace Emissary cutscenes made up for the lack of a reveal trailer a la Smash 4 and Ultimate. Diddy arguably has the most meaningful screentime in the Subspace Emissary.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Also the Subspace Emissary cutscenes made up for the lack of a reveal trailer a la Smash 4 and Ultimate. Diddy arguably has the most meaningful screentime in the Subspace Emissary.
And if Dixie had been included as a tag team with Diddy as originally planned, their role in the Subspace Emissary would have pretty much been a beat by beat recreation of DKC2.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
And if Dixie had been included as a tag team with Diddy as originally planned, their role in the Subspace Emissary would have pretty much been a beat by beat recreation of DKC2.
Yes, but I wouldn't have wanted that. I'm glad they choose to keep Diddy as his own character.

I'm currently a bit distressed that we didn't have any new information about new Nintendo games for a while. When would a next major game reveal take place? I don't normally keep track on these things so...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Yes, but I wouldn't have wanted that. I'm glad they choose to keep Diddy as his own character.
Well, considering it was pretty much the one and only chance Dixie actually had at getting into Smash...

In hindsight I would of absolutely preferred the Diddy/Dixie tag team concept because even if it was awful and gimmicky (like how Pokemon Trainer was in Brawl), they would of more than likely been split off into their own characters going into Smash 4, just as Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS were. And thus we would of had a playable solo Dixie in Smash. Shame.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah, when you look at the roster, the only transforming character set (among the veterans), that kept their transformation status in Ultimate was the :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:, because the character of the :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: literally depended entirely on the transformation mechanic being there. But for the other two sets that didn't depend on the transformation for the individual characters (:ultzelda:/:ultsheik: and :ultsamus:/:ultzss:), they retained their unique status from Smash 4 since both sets were entirely better off separate (especially :ultsamus:/:ultzss:). :ultdiddy: and Dixie would more than likely fall into that category as well.

I could live with the awful gimmick for one game (especially since Brawl wasn't even that prized in the gameplay mechanics department anyway), if it meant solo Dixie in Smash 4 and Ultimate.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I have to say, the marketing blitz for Metroid does have me hopeful that the next mainline DK title will get a similar advertising push to the public. Nintendo's never promoted the former this well, and given the SNES era successes with the DK brand push, are a precedent?

We might see the kind of sales that a major DK game deserves.
It's nice seeing Nintendo go in diligently and actively with advertising Metroid Dread. In fact, their Metroid focus has increased recently, which is a great change of pace over their typical "Well, here's a game, now let's ignore this series for 20 years" mentality. It's great that a series is getting the FE treatment besides FE.

DK doesn't need that ad blitz because by default it sells well. But it wouldn't hurt Nintendo is they showed more enthusiasm towards DK. 40th anniversary and nothing outside of a Sakurai recognition which of course a massive fan of video game history such as himself would acknowledge it.

In the better timeline, DK debuts in Smash 64, Diddy and Dixie debut (separately) in Melee along with Banjo and Kazooie, K Rool in Brawl, Funky echo in 4 and a surprise addition of Cranky in Ultimate after seeing his gameplay from Tropical Freeze.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, considering it was pretty much the one and only chance Dixie actually had at getting into Smash...

In hindsight I would of absolutely preferred the Diddy/Dixie tag team concept because even if it was awful and gimmicky (like how Pokemon Trainer was in Brawl), they would of more than likely been split off into their own characters going into Smash 4, just as Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS were. And thus we would of had a playable solo Dixie in Smash. Shame.
We're talking hindsight anyways, and while it's true what you say, it's also the number one reason Dixie was overlooked as a good option to be a newcomer all by herself.

Which is shameful. Imagine Charizard never getting in because Sakurai couldn't make the Pokemon Trainer work as a tag team mechanic. Sure we'd still have Pikachu and Mewtwo, the arguable "bigger names", but Charizard would be missed regardless.

Kinda how I feel about Dixie.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Had yet another strange dream about Dixie Kong recently.

In the dream, Dixie Kong was in Smash Bros, but her moveset was based around Donkey Kong 64, because we all remember playing as Dixie Kong in 64.

Her trailer didn't use the K. Rool setup, but instead her trailer had her infiltrating K. Rool's Keep to rescue DK and Diddy. One scene I remember was her crawling through a vent and pulling the pin on an orange grenade to drop on a pair of unsuspecting Kremlings to take them out.

Her neutral special was the bubblegum gun, but then her down special was pulling out the orange grenade to throw out opponents like Snake. Her side special had her reaching out with her hair and performing a stylish throw, including what was obviously Zangief's spinning piledriver. Furthermore, she also had ten (!) midair jumps and a separate ability to hover.

This got me thinking: do you think, if Sakurai was as willing to make stuff up for movesets (like with Peach Bomber or all of Sheik and Captain Falcon) we would've seen Dixie Kong in Smash already?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
This GIF is beautiful..
Glad you like it! Having such an exceptionally illustrated move set with detailed explanations is very important in getting people excited.

BTW, FYI everyone, you guys can find more Dixie for Smash GIFs I made at the Dixie for Smash Tumblr.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
It'll never stop baffling me how long Smash has existed without Dixie being playable in it. DKC2 and DKC3 are both some of the best selling games of their generation and are fondly remembered by millions of people.
Dixie Kong is still the most glaring exclusion in the entire roster in my opinion. She just makes way too much sense. It feels like Nintendo avoided her deliberately for whatever reason, and it comes off as pretty frustrating.

I find it pretty hard to believe that characters like Palutena, Min Min, and Pyra/Mythra can be played as, but not Dixie Kong. I’m also not a fan of how most of the characters that have been added as DLC are third parties. Not only does it strays further further from the original Nintendo All-Stars concept, but it makes it a lot harder for more important Nintendo characters to join with their comrades. Lastly, Dixie would most likely be tournament viable, due to her fast movement and supposedly good recovery. I know for a fact that people would main her competitively. I really don’t think she will be the last character, but she completely deserves to be in the game.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
The irony in that people have accused later Smashes as just being walking ads for Nintendo games coming out and why certain characters were added, and yet with Tropical Freeze releasing during Smash 4's development cycle and Returns being a success, they decide to not do that ad mentality with adding Dixie. More irony after they made her the main character in the DKC series by her second game appearance.

Honestly, while as a unique character would be the best, I'd take Dixie as a Diddy echo just to get her the damn game already.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Glad you like it! Having such an exceptionally illustrated move set with detailed explanations is very important in getting people excited.
No prob! Speaking of movesets, I have yet another idea to share:

Time to take things all the way back to the 5th Limb category. That's to say, instances where Dixie uses her hair the way you'd use a limb. Holding things, smacking things, etc. And in this case we have:

Dixie WHIPS her hair in a broad V-Shape arc! She swings her head as she twists; this lets her extended ponytail deliver a FEARSOME smack that cracks the wind and swats foes away. It comes with high KO Power and a back swing that batters whoever stands behind her as well, so always be wary of the strike range.

A straightforward move; gotta take a break from the more creative stuff and show off a practical use for someone with a heavy ponytail. The strength of this attack makes it best suited for a Forward Smash, but it could also be a Forward Tilt with less power. Hope y'all like, and feel free to put this on twitter and word it however you like! Thanks Snowbound.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Good concept and great way of exemplifying it. Seems like a move that would really be in the game if she were implemented. I like how you drew it too, with the action lines and movement trails or however you call them. You can really visualize the move. And I like that almost cocky look to Dixie.

She looks so confident for someone who last appeared in a Mario Kart gambling game. We all need that spirit!

Let me post it on Thursday!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dixie Kong is still the most glaring exclusion in the entire roster in my opinion. She just makes way too much sense. It feels like Nintendo avoided her deliberately for whatever reason, and it comes off as pretty frustrating.

I find it pretty hard to believe that characters like Palutena, Min Min, and Pyra/Mythra can be played as, but not Dixie Kong. I’m also not a fan of how most of the characters that have been added as DLC are third parties. Not only does it strays further further from the original Nintendo All-Stars concept, but it makes it a lot harder for more important Nintendo characters to join with their comrades. Lastly, Dixie would most likely be tournament viable, due to her fast movement and supposedly good recovery. I know for a fact that people would main her competitively. I really don’t think she will be the last character, but she completely deserves to be in the game.

The irony in that people have accused later Smashes as just being walking ads for Nintendo games coming out and why certain characters were added, and yet with Tropical Freeze releasing during Smash 4's development cycle and Returns being a success, they decide to not do that ad mentality with adding Dixie. More irony after they made her the main character in the DKC series by her second game appearance.

Honestly, while as a unique character would be the best, I'd take Dixie as a Diddy echo just to get her the damn game already.
For a long while I've felt this that has been mainly due the somewhat designated treatment of DK-series in Smash-franchise up to this very point- with how just many entries, plus an entire ballot it took to get K.Rool to be even playable, giving fresh breath of air on the series' representation manly consisting of jungle-themed levels with overabundance of DK Island Swing-remixes - or Kongs only being capable of realistic monkey noises.

Sometimes has me question how just much truth there is on Dixie having been planned to Brawl after all these years... so far it just has become practically insignificant factor on her favour to be revisited up to this point, which indeed makes it all the more saddening that she's still missing. especially with how the series is like right regarding 3rd Parties and more consistent recurring of promotional picks to Nintendo's upcoming games or fledling IPs.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sometimes has me question how just much truth there is on Dixie having been planned to Brawl after all these years...
Sakurai did state that Dixie was planned for Brawl though, it wasn't just a code thing (although that's pretty heavy evidence too), he admitted it outright, which is pretty rare for scrapped characters (she's the only one in the Forbidden 7 that was talked about by Sakurai openly).

Top Bottom