• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I like this list. Does anyone have more to add?
Waluigi, Kamek, Paper Mario, Impa, Tingle, Anna (most recurring Fire Emblem character), and a Rhythm Heaven character could be contenders I think.
I wanna say Peppy, Slippy, Krystal and Black Shadow too but they're odd cases I feel.

Kritter

Smash Cadet
Dang, Dixie is my most wanted and I was really hoping she would be revealed with a DK game at E3, or that she would be a bonus character at the end of the pack. I really hope she's the last fighter, but I don't feel strongly about it, if nothing else than because we already got K. Rool when other franchises got nothing, and every pick in FP2 has been completely unexpected. Although, maybe that makes Dixie more likely.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So, as far as Nintendo All Stars go, we have 4-5 left in my eyes.

• Meowth
  • Eevee
  • Captain Toad
  • Tom Nook (the debatable one)
  • Dixie Kong

Of these, we have two Pokeballs, a moveset, and a Final Smash.
I don't understand why Dixie is nowhere, if she isn't intended to be made at some point.

Waluigi, Kamek, Paper Mario, Impa, Tingle, Anna (most recurring Fire Emblem character), and a Rhythm Heaven character could be contenders I think.
I wanna say Peppy, Slippy, Krystal and Black Shadow too but they're odd cases I feel.
I'm really surprised of not seeing Bandanna Dee here yet... unless I missed a post here somewhere. Nevertheless. I keep feeling he's as much in place of a missing "fourth" as Captain Toad and Dixie are. :drifloon:

Kamek I've also been surprised not being explored in Smash in much capacity (aside from generic stage NPC in Mushroom Kingdom U) - I could argue he could have deployed something like zoning/stage control capabilities based on using various Mario-enemies and/or his Magikoopa spells to influence the terrain with possible lifted elements from Mario-level hazards... Though maybe Plant now fills that niche, so he's been robbed much interesting to add in his own if considered in the future. :drohmy:

On that note, no Cranky Kong yet so far, despite how much fun it'd be to observe him taking arcade libraries of Nintendo in the 80s similar to Pac-Man, but with more highly self-aware, cynically driven sarcasm?

Wish I could say it's criminal to see these guys missing, but alas, Smash's view on that is easy fodder for tongue-in-cheek mockery, especially with how most of fans, including us are all subjectively biased on that end, which has gone on being never-ending fuel for the recurring civil wars during speculation in more vocal platforms. So I don't see much point on thinking or perceiving characters as "missing" from the roster anymore - the roster we have right now might be outdoing anything a mere collection of notable first parties and handful of 3rd parties by light-year margin, and there's so much to choose for everyone regardless.

Probably it's why I'm merely expecting next Smash-game will only keep pushing similar sentiment of choosing recurring "interesting" picks over what we consider missing All-Stars by likely margin - and even argue today that the concept of "Nintendo All-Star" feels at best one of those "fan mindsets" that only serves to be basis for utter disappointment and anger on the fan when it doesn't seem to match their perception with reality of things. It feels to me that Smash Ballot has more and more become the only best shot where fans' voices based on "missing" All-Stars got heard, hence how it let doors be opened for exploring what we'd consider mainly these fan-favorites from Nintendo's history, with long-rallying support legacies and fame that contrasted more plentiful picks in Ultimate that leaned more on promotional/relatively modern picks in Nintendo's side later on. And this is before 3rd Parties that are their own can of worms...

Well then, that got quite rambly on my end.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well it'll likely be another 5+ years of waiting at this point. Maybe by 2025 we'll get Dixie in Smash....goddamn I'll be pushing 40 by then.

Yikes.
As will I, but all the more reason to just enjoy whatever we can get with the time we have, even if like the next Smash disappoints us in a number of regards and/or if we still don’t have her in by then.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm really surprised of not seeing Bandanna Dee here yet... unless I missed a post here somewhere. Nevertheless. I keep feeling he's as much in place of a missing "fourth" as Captain Toad and Dixie are. :drifloon:
Oh yeah I was gonna include Waddle Dee (similar to Toad and Meowth I view it as a general spectrum and you could include one that's an amalgamation of the biggest highlights of them overall), but I simply forgot to, he slipped my mind.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Kamek I've also been surprised not being explored in Smash in much capacity (aside from generic stage NPC in Mushroom Kingdom U) - I could argue he could have deployed something like zoning/stage control capabilities based on using various Mario-enemies and/or his Magikoopa spells to influence the terrain with possible lifted elements from Mario-level hazards... Though maybe Plant now fills that niche, so he's been robbed much interesting to add in his own if considered in the future. :drohmy:

On that note, no Cranky Kong yet so far, despite how much fun it'd be to observe him taking arcade libraries of Nintendo in the 80s similar to Pac-Man, but with more highly self-aware, cynically driven sarcasm?

Wish I could say it's criminal to see these guys missing, but alas, Smash's view on that is easy fodder for tongue-in-cheek mockery, especially with how most of fans, including us are all subjectively biased on that end, which has gone on being never-ending fuel for the recurring civil wars during speculation in more vocal platforms. So I don't see much point on thinking or perceiving characters as "missing" from the roster anymore - the roster we have right now might be outdoing anything a mere collection of notable first parties and handful of 3rd parties by light-year margin, and there's so much to choose for everyone regardless.

Probably it's why I'm merely expecting next Smash-game will only keep pushing similar sentiment of choosing recurring "interesting" picks over what we consider missing All-Stars by likely margin - and even argue today that the concept of "Nintendo All-Star" feels at best one of those "fan mindsets" that only serves to be basis for utter disappointment and anger on the fan when it doesn't seem to match their perception with reality of things. It feels to me that Smash Ballot has more and more become the only best shot where fans' voices based on "missing" All-Stars got heard, hence how it let doors be opened for exploring what we'd consider mainly these fan-favorites from Nintendo's history, with long-rallying support legacies and fame that contrasted more plentiful picks in Ultimate that leaned more on promotional/relatively modern picks in Nintendo's side later on. And this is before 3rd Parties that are their own can of worms...

Well then, that got quite rambly on my end.

I would include Bandana Dee... but I don't think I would include Impa (just because her design makes her nearly a different character every time), Tingle, Waluigi, and definitely not Black Shadow, or anyone else from Starfox- at best it would be Andross.

cybersai

Smash Ace
In terms of 1st party Nintendo reps, a lot can change in another 5 years. New franchises like ARMS didn't exist years ago, Xenoblade became a Nintendo staple, Splatoon became a surprise smash hit, etc. Who knows what new franchises Nintendo will create in the next few years.

I think the problem is there's always advertisement reps for franchises that change protagonists every sequel like Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, so they're always considered over "old" characters. Mario characers (Toad, Waluigi), and Dixie at least have the safety net of being "always around" even if they don't make it since the Mario and DK franchise will never end.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Cant blame you BirthNote BirthNote . I stated before that Im over Smash. Dixie is the only character I want left and honestly I cant complain this game has given me K.Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Wolf, Isabelle, Min-Min, Chrom, Dark Samus, Byleth, and Pyra/Mythra. Thats more than enough to ask for. I put about 350 hours into the game I've had my fill and honestly after playing Smash for 20 years I gotta be honest the core gameplay has gotten very stale to me. Who knows what the future holds. We may not get a new Smash for like 10 years. I will be almost 40 at that point. I doubt I will still be gaming at that point let alone caring about if Dixie made it in. Also with my feelings towards Switch era Nintendo I may not even be gaming with Nintendo in 5 years time...lol

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Whatever the future holds for Dixie, looking at the size of her Brawl and Smash 4 threads, I'm proud how this base has gradually increased over the past decade and a quarter to the size it is today.

If she does get confirmed for Ultimate somehow, I'll be at relative peace with the roster for a good while, if not, I'll be a little saddened, but what can ya do. Obviously we all agree she should have been in a long time ago, and Ultimate will honestly never actually feel complete without her, but the roster as is has given a lot of content to be happy for. Ultimate as a game has already exhausted me in terms of content, I've pretty much played through all the single player stuff and the online stuff isn't really my forte for more reasons than one.

I'll just sit in the shade, looking upon a glorious sunrise and dream about a world where she did make it into Smash, for the next 10 years or so. Obviously I'll move onto other games (tbh I already have), but while Smash speculation won't be at the forefront of my mind anymore, having Dixie in Smash will already be a side note in my mind of something to eventually look forward to one day, however far in the future it is.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Weird question but just to promote some discussion. Let's say that Dixie had been added back in Brawl. Everything in the world is the same, we just now have an extra character on Ultimate's roster, bringing DK representation up to 4. (DK, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool) Would this be the point you all would be happy with it's representation, or would you want more DK characters?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Weird question but just to promote some discussion. Let's say that Dixie had been added back in Brawl. Everything in the world is the same, we just now have an extra character on Ultimate's roster, bringing DK representation up to 4. (DK, Diddy, Dixie, and K. Rool) Would this be the point you all would be happy with it's representation, or would you want more DK characters?
I'd be happy with DK representation myself.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Cant blame you BirthNote BirthNote . I stated before that Im over Smash. Dixie is the only character I want left and honestly I cant complain this game has given me K.Rool, Ridley, Inklings, Wolf, Isabelle, Min-Min, Chrom, Dark Samus, Byleth, and Pyra/Mythra. Thats more than enough to ask for. I put about 350 hours into the game I've had my fill and honestly after playing Smash for 20 years I gotta be honest the core gameplay has gotten very stale to me. Who knows what the future holds. We may not get a new Smash for like 10 years. I will be almost 40 at that point. I doubt I will still be gaming at that point let alone caring about if Dixie made it in. Also with my feelings towards Switch era Nintendo I may not even be gaming with Nintendo in 5 years time...lol
Yeah, when it comes to speculation nowadays my attitude is basically: "Nah, I'm good." I'm not disappointed or upset with the roster but I just know I can do other things, plus Real Life gets more important to me as I get older. As long as gaming doesn't go All Digital and streaming services like Game Pass are just options and not mandatory, I'll still be playing video games. I just won't be following the hype cycles closely.

That goes for Smash as well. Most of the newcomers for the next game will just get an "Oh, okay👍" reaction from me, but I don't think I'll be a regular on the forums. It's no hard feelings, just me moving past Smash as a whole.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Cranky would be cool as the fifth rep but honestly with those 4 I'd be fine.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
If we had this representation I think finishing with K. Rool would have been enough and the best way to culminate the series. As said Cranky really is the only option for a 5th rep and that's mainly on the fact that he is the original arcade DK, more so for his "retro" impact and influence. Funky would be overshadowed for the position and is best as a costume or echo in my mind.

What interests me about this thought and situation is would people be happy with Dixie being in "only" through being a tag team with Diddy? (as per the original idea for them if they got it to work). I can never make my mind up about this. At the time of Brawl it would have represented them better but I feel now with the Retro DKC games they are even more distinct from each other that in the current situation they are better split.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Dixie's the only "necessary" DK character missing and the only one missing I personally care about, so yeah if we had Dixie I'd say DK is perfectly fine on the character front.

Now stage and music front on the other hand...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd probably state that DKC had the bare minimum, and that both Cranky and Funky would've been reasonable newcomers for Ultimate considering their playable status in Tropical Freeze. And I'd say that Tropical Freeze in general is totally overlooked by Sakurai, and it's a crime to ignore such a masterpiece.

I won't lie. That's me. I'd complain still. But I'd be more content at the very least.

King K.Rool did make a lot of things right however, so did Banjo. Overall, I'm 75% satisfied. Which is quite something.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
The Retro games for both DK and Metroid were largely snubbed of content, particularly the soundtracks. Yes, we got Dark Samus as an echo, but she doesn’t even have her theme music as a track in the game.

Metroid is a bit more varied in stages than DK though on the other hand. It helped that there was already a home stage or two with Ridley in mind before his playable debut (Norfair and such), but K Rool should’ve come with a stage at least like most of the other newcomers, even if it was just Gangplank Galleon which would be a bare minimum when we have that other pirate ship stage from Zelda. It would’ve been something though at least, with the Flying Krock from DKC2 being the actual ideal stage, but beggars can’t be choosers I guess. We still got K Rool, along with great remixes of his theme and things.

With that being the worst I can say about it aside from lack of Dixie on the roster, it’s not too bad. 75% satisfactory like you said, but still.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'd be perfectly content. DK, Diddy, Dixie and K. Rool are all I want from the series.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yeah, they've been pretty shaken up since Chunky's death. I really hope they pulled through that.

Wrinkly's as well.

Wrinkly made it out inexplicably fine though~ what with her spectral form enjoying jungle climbing and rocketbarrel racing after 64... In fact, I can see embarking on an epic adventure to find Chunky somewhere in the afterlife.

Perhaps she could be joined by Hinawa of all people on this perilous kon-quest.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I know there are a lot of passionate Nintendo fans whom all have their own particular sense of whom still feels missing from the Smash roster. However if I'm being forthright, for me its Dixie, Bandana Dee, & Impa. Not to say I have anything against a Mach Rider, Isaac, Krystal, Waluigi, and so on, just that as someone who's a fan of the former three franchises that are such a big part of SSB, the game is just never going to feel complete until those are in. Any other first party characters would be a wonderful bonus, but given how critical Dixie, BD, & Impa have been (whether all the way back or recently) to their respective game series; their lack of presence is going to feel like a snub, whether intended or not.

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I would be more than okay. I only feel that the 3 Kongs (Diddy, Donkey, Dixie) and K.Rool are all Smash needs for playable DK fighters, the rest of the content should be focused instead on bringing proper DK material, such as more ATs (Rambi or another Kong) a stage that is NOT a Jungle (The DKC factory levels or the Beehive stages from DKC2 are good examples) and most importantly:

-MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE music. Enough with the level 1 remixes: Give us more DKC TP songs, all the Boss the Themes!, a medley of many songs from the Retro Games, more songs from DKC3 (SNES AND GBA versions) and most important of all, BRING BACK THE CHUNKY AND LANKY VERSES YOU FILTHY COWARDS!

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
I'd be perfectly fine knowing that the big mandatory 4 are there....but at the same time, the idea of Funky & especially Lanky on a Smash roster would bring me cloud nine levels of euphoria, if I'm being straight with y'all.

In terms of other stuff like music & stages, there's still work to be done, however...

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Some new additions to Donkey Kong Racing!

We have Mimic, T.T., Koin, Mumbo Jumbo, Manky Kong, Krook, Banana Fairy Queen and Mole Miner Max.

I made Manky's fur red to differentiate him from Lanky. BFQ had the most changes though. Her design is more in line with Peach, Pauline, etc. She has a new banana dress, new crown, new everything. Not too many drastic changes for anyone else.

Now onto the last group!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Some new additions to Donkey Kong Racing!

We have Mimic, T.T., Koin, Mumbo Jumbo, Manky Kong, Krook, Banana Fairy Queen and Mole Miner Max.

I made Manky's fur red to differentiate him from Lanky. BFQ had the most changes though. Her design is more in line with Peach, Pauline, etc. She has a new banana dress, new crown, new everything. Not too many drastic changes for anyone else.

Now onto the last group!
Woah, excellent! I really like the changes to the Banana Fairy Queen. And Manky also looks a little less ugly than his official design, while still looking a little shady. I think you took him to the dentist. He looks good!

Adding that little bush character from DKCR is an interesting choice too.

Let me post it on Monday to start off the week.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hopefully, Dixie, Funky, the Kremlings, and the expanded DK cast will all be appearing. I would hate for it to just be DK and Diddy only again.
I wouldn't, cause a next game is most likely gonna have Dixie at least included. If they try out a total new thing, and it's just DK and Diddy, and it's awesome, I can easily live with that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That’s fair, though even in the original DKC cartoon, Dixie didn’t have that much screen-time, so can understand wanting her to have more in the event a new animated series of some kind gets confirmed. I’d still watch it regardless, but yeah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That’s fair, though even in the original DKC cartoon, Dixie didn’t have that much screen-time, so can understand wanting her to have more in the event a new animated series of some kind gets confirmed. I’d still watch it regardless, but yeah.
I totally forgot this was also mentioned along with the rumors, a new DKC animation. Well, I'd love for it to become truth. I don't think it'll exceed in quantity what they did with the old cartoon, but anything would be great. If the revival of Donkey Kong is as grand as they say, it's worthy of it's own Direct or maybe presentation. That's why I knew the chances of a reveal at E3 where slim.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If a new DK series is actually occurring (which would be a leap for a company that's resisted doing that with most of the their shows in the last 25 plus years) then I think Dixie would have to be a big part of it unless they deliberately focused on DK/Diddy + original characters. Even getting beyond her prominence in stuff like Tropical Freeze or enduring legacy among fans, to be perfectly frank she's pretty much the only female Kong in the cast to fit as a consistent main character. Candy is far less relevant than she is these days, and Dixie would require much less of an outright re-design to better fit current sensibilities than the former.

Top Bottom