• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
The "Spirits deconfirm" argument is dead. And the Spirit Board thing being modified was highlighted as well. I hope the Mario Kart Tour addition meant something but I will remain carefully optimistic about Dixie's chances.

Last edited:

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
Someone in another thread pointed out that Mii costumes hurt a character's chances. What do you guys think about it? We have DIxie's hat in the game, so maybe this could hurt her chances. I don't know what to think about this.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Someone in another thread pointed out that Mii costumes hurt a character's chances. What do you guys think about it? We have DIxie's hat in the game, so maybe this could hurt her chances. I don't know what to think about this.
It's no different than Trophies, Spirits or any pre-existing asset in the base game IMO.

However, I think if they add a costume or spirit post-launch, that would have merit, since that would imply they don't have an intention of add that character as a fighter. Which is why Spirit Events are so dreaded.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
This is Min-Min's spirit board. Notice that Spirits that were already in the game are included, making it even easier for them to make a potential spirit board for Dixie!

Another obstacle down!

Oh that's interesting, I didn't think it was an obstacule, I mean, Dixie and other fighters like Bandana Dee are from series so poory represented that it is easy to come up with spirits.
I guess that helps a new Zelda character more than anyone else.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Given Sakurai's statement on further potential spirit changes, this could bode well for more first-party characters, including Dixie.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I say we need to have a sequel to these trailers at all costs to make a full trilogy.

One released in the Summer of 2018, one released in the Summer of 2019. Now is the Summer of 2020. The time for the Pink Berets to reclaim destiny!
Before the ARMS reveal trailer, I was afraid that the trailers for the 2nd Fighter's Pass might have been impacted by the long development time, but with Min-Min's reveal being as high quality and brilliant as the base game and 1st FP reveal Trailers, I'm convinced that a full on sequel trailer to K. Rool and Banjo might actually happen if Dixie gets in! Here's hoping!

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
I'm calling it now. If we have another sequel to that trailer, the one impersonating Dixie will be Wario with a beret.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it's only DLC Mii costumes that hurt it because they have money being exchanged and contracts signed.
So far the only Nintendo owned DLC costumes are Team Rocket, Ninjara, Callie and Marie.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This is great news for all of us. Dixie has overcame an obstacle that has been shot down by Min Min. I'm riding this train until the end. I feel at some point Nintendo has to acknowledge the 25th anniversary of the DKC series. If the rumors in the air are true, then I hope Nintendo has big plans for them. Next year is the 40th anniversary of the Donkey Kong arcade. They can't ignore DK any longer. What better way to help kickoff that would be Dixie's inclusion in Smash. There are plenty of music tracks that can be implemented into Smash especially Tropical Freeze. Something has to come out of this somehow someway.
Before the ARMS reveal trailer, I was afraid that the trailers for the 2nd Fighter's Pass might have been impacted by the long development time, but with Min-Min's reveal being as high quality and brilliant as the base game and 1st FP reveal Trailers, I'm convinced that a full on sequel trailer to K. Rool and Banjo might actually happen if Dixie gets in! Here's hoping!
The Treehouse Trilogy

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Dixie will get in, even though she's justified and long overdue. If another spirit gets promoted, it might not be her. But I'd love to be proven wrong.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
So when is BirthNote going to be on the Kongversation to talk about Dixie for Smash?
What?!?! No no no no I'm way too camera shy! Not even kidding I'm honored you mentioned it but I'd rather not even have audio of me out there, I'm reclusive. Thank you for mentioning it but I gotta politely decline.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's no different than Trophies, Spirits or any pre-existing asset in the base game IMO.

However, I think if they add a costume or spirit post-launch, that would have merit, since that would imply they don't have an intention of add that character as a fighter. Which is why Spirit Events are so dreaded.
Yes, odds are that post launch spirits are off the table (but granted, that's also not 100% confirmed). The tricky thing are post launch related spirits for a series. For example, the four Sword and Shield spirits. You would think that they would have been held for a SwiSh rep, and if they are in already, then a SwiSh rep is most likely not happening. BUT, here's the tricky part. If they held back on those spirits to be released with that rep later on, then people would get suspicious as to why a big game like SwiSh did not receive a spirit event, which would lead to the idea that a rep is happening.

So, in conclusion, Dixie will be playable, character 79.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Yes, odds are that post launch spirits are off the table (but granted, that's also not 100% confirmed). The tricky thing are post launch related spirits for a series. For example, the four Sword and Shield spirits. You would think that they would have been held for a SwiSh rep, and if they are in already, then a SwiSh rep is most likely not happening. BUT, here's the tricky part. If they held back on those spirits to be released with that rep later on, then people would get suspicious as to why a big game like SwiSh did not receive a spirit event, which would lead to the idea that a rep is happening.
Honestly, there are no rules. Just wait and see how a Resident Evil character, another Fire Emblem character a 8th Gen Pokémon come and destroy everything we love to think.

So, in conclusion, Dixie will be playable, character 79.
But that conclusion is brilliant!! Truly deserves a prize for not pullling the number 36ε.

donkey-kong-character-psd-430433.png

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given that the various fighters pass characters have leaned on being more complex and/or utilizing a gimmick of sorts (even Banjo with the golden feathers idea), I've been trying to think of something similar for Dixie that would make her stand out as more than just the standard platformer fighter. I believe I might have something in the use of animal buddies I posted about earlier. Basically if 2-4 of her special attacks involved her riding/carried by an animal buddy for attacks, then I think it might be an interesting mechanic that if ridden long enough, the buddy then turns into a powerful barrel for Dixie to then pick up and throw as a weapon ala the "No Animal" signs from DKC 2/3. The obvious choice is the TNT variation but there's options obviously.

If executed well enough I think there's balance as you have to stay on the buddy long enough (ie don't get hit too many times or change animals) and there's potential for other fighters to grab the barrel if you're not careful. Its nothing groundbreaking but it would make her unique in comparison to virtually everyone else.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

That face when the mobile division is so incompetent that even the home company abandons them. The "Diddy costs more than" meme killed them.
Really wish I could play as Dixie in an actual Mario Kart game.

Doesn’t help that she’s pretty much in one of the rarest categories of characters you can summon in MKT, to the point that it would be a miracle to get her unless you’re willing to pay up the a** (and even then you have a very good chance of never seeing her). But hey, good for the 10 whales that get to play as Dixie for the first time since Tropical Freeze.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly the whole mobile experiment felt like something Nintendo was pressured to do by the shareholders around the struggling WII U era, executed in half ass fashioned for most of it, and are using something like Animal Crossing's ridiculous sales to get away from an enterprise they never really wanted to be in to begin with.

In ideal world we'd have a lot of the elements from Tour put into 8 Deluxe as DLC but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Unless people are seriously going to use Dixie's hat as a means to "deconfirm" her, Dixie got a massive second chance thanks to Min Min's confirmation yesterday

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Honestly, this is the first time since pre-release that I've felt like Dixie Kong had a really good shot. I actually feel like Dixie for DLC can totally happen.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Unless people are seriously going to use Dixie's hat as a means to "deconfirm" her, Dixie got a massive second chance thanks to Min Min's confirmation yesterday
Seeing how the Fighter Pass 2 was likely decided and developed way after the base game (when that Mii hat was made) i think this is mostly a non-issue.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
NO! We need more fan rules!

Dixie can't be playable because she has blonde hair and Min Min has blond hair. That's too much blond!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Dixie can't be playable because she has blonde hair and Min Min has blond hair. That's too much blond!
Highly agreed. There's already 3 Links, Peach, Rosalina, Shulk, Zelda, ZSS, Lucas, Sheik, and now Min Min. We're literally at capacity for blondes; any more and the game will collapse, give the redheads a chance!

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

Not to mention Peach, Rosalina, Zero Suit Samus, Link, Toon Link, Young Link, Zelda, Isabelle, Shulk, Lucas, and Shiek already in the base roster. I mean come on!

Edit: BirthNote BirthNote beat me by 1 minute..

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
And we see from Min Min that they don't need many new spirits for a promotion board and just use already in-game spirits. So Dixie's could use the animal buddies, kongs and Kaptain K Rool in her games, and a few new ones, maybe like Klubba, Screech, one of the bears or a boss from 2, 3 or TF.

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
I'd love to see Dixie in action as she was planned originally since brawl along with Diddy, but now separate and with her own gameplay I think maybe she still has a chance as she is not AT yet and the music part, but honestly i don't see her moveset as great as other options, I mean look at banjo, Terry, min min they basically have great moveset compare what Dixie could offer. But I hope maybe I am wrong and Sakurai team can give an awesome gameplay if she make it

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'd love to see Dixie in action as she was planned originally since brawl along with Diddy, but now separate and with her own gameplay I think maybe she still has a chance as she is not AT yet and the music part, but honestly i don't see her moveset as great as other options, I mean look at banjo, Terry, min min they basically have great moveset compare what Dixie could offer. But I hope maybe I am wrong and Sakurai team can give an awesome gameplay if she make it
Welcome to Smash Boards! As for moveset potential I recommend checking the OP, a lot of fans came up with very diverse movesets, feel free to take your time digesting them!

Top Bottom