• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hope Nintendo returns to Monke, we need more DKC.

Honestly i keep forgetting that this Direct will last Fifty Minutes, almost an entire hour so im not sure what are they gonna fill it with.
Considering what they have not shown in the last 6 months and all, I think they have a lot to show.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about it, when was the last time we got a 50 MINUTE Direct? I don't even think E3 Directs are normally that long. If we don't hear about DK tomorrow, my guess would be E3 time.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thinking about it, when was the last time we got a 50 MINUTE Direct? I don't even think E3 Directs are normally that long. If we don't hear about DK tomorrow, my guess would be E3 time.
The last 50 minute Nintendo Direct we had was back in E3 of 2019. The last full Nintendo Direct in general we had was all the way back in September of 2019.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I hope Nintendo returns to Monke, we need more DKC.

Honestly i keep forgetting that this Direct will last Fifty Minutes, almost an entire hour so im not sure what are they gonna fill it with.
The problem is that this is the first true Direct in almost 18 months. It has skyhigh, practically impossible expectations from fans. It would have to redefine gaming for people to mark it a success.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I'm pretty nervous, tbh. Everyone's saying 2021 is going to be a big year for DK. If we don't see some DK stuff tomorrow, then I can't help feeling like all those leakers and insiders were full of hot air.

I'm turning 31 on Thursday. If they announce a new DK game tomorrow, that'll be the biggest and best birthday present I could possibly ask for.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I'm pretty nervous, tbh. Everyone's saying 2021 is going to be a big year for DK. If we don't see some DK stuff tomorrow, then I can't help feeling like all those leakers and insiders were full of hot air.

I'm turning 31 on Thursday. If they announce a new DK game tomorrow, that'll be the biggest and best birthday present I could possibly ask for.
Happy Birthday!! 🎂

And, hey, if they don't announce a new DK, there is always the second half of the year. Hopefully.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I do hope you'll get your birthday present bro!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Happy Birthday! Let's hope you get your present!

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
How depressing.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not to be pedantic, but the E3 2019 Direct was 43 minutes. Lots of announcements can be in made in 7 extra minutes XD
True. But 43 minutes is practically almost 50 minutes so...

I won't give up on the DKC rumors for this year until we pass E3. If we don't hear anything by June, than I think we are not getting any new DKC game anytime soon. Also happy birthday dude.

How depressing.

I hope that changes today and they finally announce a new DKC game after 7 years.

paperosbronzo90

Smash Cadet
I'm so excited for today's direct and I'm super positive.
Dixie and Kiddy duo will be revealed today alongside the rumored DKC game to celebrate the DK year.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm so excited for today's direct and I'm super positive.
Dixie and Kiddy duo will be revealed today alongside the rumored DKC game to celebrate the DK year.
I would prefer for Dixie to be alone as her own fighter. But that's your opinion if you're okay with her being stuck to Kiddy.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
50 minutes is quite a whopper. I'm feeling pretty positive we might see DK-related announcements in this Direct.

I'm bit out of personal wishes on this Direct aside from possible Golden Sun-revival announcement, but again, I'm really sure there's bound to be tons of surprises for everyone, including some that we might had been held back from last year.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly an overall ok-ish Direct. Few things would make up for such long absence, but to be honest a lot of the stuff just wasn't interesting to me. Excited for Mario Golf, looking forward to the Age of Calamity Expansion, and will admit Skyward Sword HD might have some potential.

The lack of interesting new first party stuff outside Splatoon was disappointing. No Kirby, no DK, no Metroid, no Star Fox, and so on. I think in some ways presentations like these somewhat crystalized why I've moved towards the indy scene for a lot of stuff because they're making the kind of games I'm interested in. I'm sure Nintendo will make gazillions this year and a lot of fans will be happy, but my overall mood from that presentation is fairly close to "meh".

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Pyra/Mythra, Mario Golf, No More Heroes 3, Ninja Gaiden Collection, Stubbs, and Splatoon 3 are cool I guess. Even then, none of it was very exciting to me. It was basically stuff fans already knew or speculated about barring Pyra and Mythra. To sum it all up, it was an all around bad direct, especially since this was the first one in awhile.

I still feel pretty good about DK this year, though. Don't give up hope, folks. Our time will come.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
I'm so sick and tired of Nintendo porting games to the Switch. I played Skyward Sword like 10 years ago? WHERE ARE THE FIRST PARTY GAMES NINTENDO?
Is Splatoon 3 really necessary? Don't get me wrong, I love Splatoon. But what're they going to add to this game that couldn't just be DLC for Splatoon 2?

I've not given hope on DK though, It would make sense for it to be a holiday release, hopefully we'll hear something about it during E3.

I'll put the banana milkshake back in the fridge for now.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly if we are assuming that a lot of projects got pushed back due to COVID-19, then this whole does feel a lot like a standard Fall Direct. A few select highlights among a lot of typical reveals. It just had the fortune of being the one after a very long absence and for some just didn't blow them away.

On the plus side Directs being back at least suggests something pretty great come E3.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
This Tweet stings even more now.

Things that have happened before a new DKC game after DKCTP's release:
-The Trump Administration.
-Creed 1 and 2.
-Back to the Future Day.
-JoJo reaching animated adaptations of part 4 and 5.
-Bubsy's return.
-Kingdom Hearts 3 being released.
-FF7R being announced, and then having its first episode released.
-Sonic getting a ****ing film.
-Pokémon getting a live action film.
-Spongebob becoming a movie trilogy.
-Adventure Time and Regular Show's finale.
-Spidey joining the MCU and Iron Man biting the dust.
-Godzilla vs King Kong redux announced.
-Overwatch becoming a thing, and all the drama with Hong Kong.
-Blizzard crashing and burning.
-KOF XV being announced.
-Crash and Spyro being revived.
-Japan went from the Heisei era to the Reiwa era.
-and regarding Smash, all the characters that have been announced after DKCTP's release: Greninja, Mii Fighers, Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin, Shulk, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayo, Inklings, Ridley, the Belmonts, K.Rool, Ken, Incineroar, Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Byleth, Min Min, Steve and Alex, Sephiroth and now, Pyra & Mythra.

Jesus. This makes me a little sad.

Top Bottom