• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm personally doubtful they'll be dropping something most speculators would consider more than innocuous first-party, into something as big as Game Awards over another highly prolific 3rd Party icon.

Hmm.
They revealed Cranky Kong several years ago at the GA though......

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
That design actually first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing DS, and I believe it was to differentiate between her and Dixie. I assume RARE redesigned her too.
I remember a past Rare interview saying that they had no hand in the redesign it was all Nintendo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well Rare was kinda gone at that point, so of course it wasn't them.

Whoever the next revealed character is, I hope at least has better gameplay for me than the season 2 selection in so far. In that regard it's been kinda lackluster compared to pretty much anyone from the first pass.

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
Picture this: Dixie Kong reveal + DKC3 on NSO + new DKC content "teased" by the trademarks that went public last September... not to mention the rumours about Nintendo's plans for the franchise that have been floating around for quite a few months now...

Not that my brain expects this to happen, but my heart definitely wants it to happen.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Picture this: Dixie Kong reveal + DKC3 on NSO + new DKC content "teased" by the trademarks that went public last September...

Not that my brain expects this to happen, but my heart definitely wants it to happen.
I would jump out of my seat in excitement if that happens.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm personally doubtful they'll be dropping something most speculators would consider more than innocuous first-party, into something as big as Game Awards over another highly prolific 3rd Party icon.

Hmm.

And what a huge drop of an announcement that was.

As someone not having played FF7, I feel kinda unfazed at this point regarding how far things have come. Though I feel pretty neutral to this particular inclusion.

But dang, I'm thinking Geno-fans are in very bad position right now.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not Dixie, but Seph was actually my number 2 pick, since FF7 is my favorite game of all time. I always thought he had decent odds due to FF7's significance and surprising lack of content in spite of that. I am actually very hype.

Anyone else in this thread stoked?
I'm thrilled about Sephiroth's inclusion.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Well this certainly opens up the floodgates for characters like Chun Li and Tails. Who's ready to campaign for Gruntilda after Dixie's in? (Tbh After Dixie and Rayman, I will be out of the speculation game.)

This also cuts down, Sephiroth style, another fan rule that 3rd parties can only have one representation unless they're an echo. When will fans stop and realize Sakurai doesn't give two ****s about your made up rules, lol!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
And what a huge drop of an announcement that was.

As someone not having played FF7, I feel kinda unfazed at this point regarding how far things have come...

But dang, I'm thinking Geno-fans are in very bad position right now...

I can definitely recommend FF7 on Switch. Worth the money since its not full price. If you like RPGs that is. My favorite story of all time coupled with a battle system that's actually aged pretty well. The Remake is fantastic if you own a PS4.

As much as it may disappoint them, Sephiroth is a much more sensible choice than Geno from a business standpoint, and his supporters are only denying this because they're understandably upset that his hopes are all but gone. The thread is exploding with grief and outrage but in time I think they'll come to terms with it. Until Square shows Geno more love, he just isn't a big enough deal to gaming to merit purchasing a third party license from SE. Square's fault, not Geno's supporters' fault.

If we get Dixie, I can now say I'm 100% content with the Ultimate roster.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I enjoyed the surprise of Sephiroth more than anything. Of all the characters I imagined getting in today, he wasn't one of them, and I loved being blindsided like that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I can definitely recommend FF7 on Switch. Worth the money since its not full price. If you like RPGs that is. My favorite story of all time coupled with a battle system that's actually aged pretty well. The Remake is fantastic if you own a PS4.
My friend's been long right ahead of you regarding recommending FF7 this year. Been leaving the game sitting due RL issues with my own personal background. Might get Remake down the lane due owning PS4 as well when I start.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Big disappointment for me, Tuned out immediately.

The best part of the Smash trailer for me was just able to see Banjo-Kazooie get more CGI screen time.

4hh3jlrf9g461.jpg

3 down, 3 more left to go, Down, But not out.

Don't worry Crash Bandicoot your time will come.

We need more platformer mascots in the fighter pass.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
My friend's been long right ahead of you regarding recommending FF7 this year. Been leaving the game sitting due RL issues with my own personal background. Might get Remake down the lane due owning PS4 as well when I start.
Played it for the first time 23 years ago and I'll never forget that first playthrough. I didn't know stories could be so engaging and fascinating. It has the perfect blend of darkness and comedy, mixed into a really diverse set of characters put into a really big world for the Era, that was both unique in setting and atmosphere but also in story-telling techniques like foreshadowing and use of the unreliable narrator. It has virtually no plot holes, which is rare in any media, and I think it really stands the test of time, outside of graphics and minor translation issues. The Remake helped there, but sadly covers only 20% of the original story, albeit in much greater detail.

And it also has one of the greatest soundtracks of all time. Nobuo Uematsu at his absolute peak, a man whose work has been compared to Handel and Mozart by classical music analysts.

I have almost nothing but good things to say about this game. But I'm sure you could tell already lol

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Big disappointment for me, Tuned out immediately.

The best part of the Smash trailer for me was just able to see Banjo-Kazooie get more CGI screen time.

View attachment 295016

3 down, 3 more left to go, Down, But not out.

Don't worry Crash Bandicoot your time will come.

We need more platformer mascots in the fighter pass.
I honestly thought Crash would be revealed

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I honestly thought Crash would be revealed
With 3 roster spots left, I still really like his chances.

While I feel he can show up any of the slots, Most feel Crash can carry an E3 announcement and considering the legacy and current state of the franchise and with a port of his latest game very likely in the works for Switch next year, I think he just makes too much sense for Nintendo and Activision to pass up this opportunity.

Crash Bandicoot is the one 3rd party character that would shock me if he does not make it into Smash.

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Back with some DKR updates. This time with the friends and random enemies! Everyone besides Scoff and Cyber Kong got new drawings. They both got recolored though and Scoff got covered up even more! I think Brash and Boomer look even more like Banjo's relatives now.

Comparison shot between the old and the new.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
That's awesome! I think the Gnawty is oddly my favorite. Maybe because it's such an old enemy and in all its renders it looks kind of dead but you made it look very alive and cute.

Guessing the Klump, Scoff, and Troff alliance is not going to like Scoff getting more covered up. But I like the wardrobe change!

And the changes to the bears! I think this is my favorite redone wave yet!

I think I'll post it on Monday, I think Twitter is more alive then than on the weekends for some reason.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I know there is like 2 Tropical Freeze tracks in Ultimate, but it seems to be lacking more as well as DKC3 and DK64 tracks. So what if Dixie brought all of that along with her in her pack? Some of the DLC characters like Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth brought a lot of content with them that was clearly missing from the base game like:

- Three Houses content.

- Arms music.

- Final Fantasy Spirits outside of Cloud.

I could see Dixie bringing all the messing Tropical Freeze, DKC3, and DK64 music with her.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
DKC2 is also lacking in the music department, but yeah, there's a lot great music Dixie could bring with her.

Remember when people used Sakurai's "introducing new worlds" as to why Dixie or the like wouldn't be chosen as if including someone like Sephiroth wouldn't make that statement still ring true. And Byleth was an exception because it was in a different universe than the other FE games. Yeah, just another example to laugh at the naysayers.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
ChronoBound ChronoBound thank you very much for your insight. I know this community is small and I'm glad we have this much activity. Personally, I've gotten tired of communities reading the tea leaves and dissecting every ounce of Sakurai's statements to decipher their favorite's chances. I know that's the point of speculation, but it kind of becomes exhausting to examine every grain of potential evidence, and in my opinion, it leads to hype overload. With the curveballs we get often, it feels like our houses of cards get toppled as Sakurai cackles with glee. It's certainly funny, but it proves speculation is somewhat pointless. I've noticed a lot of threads take that route, and some threads turn to attacking characters who wound up getting in Smash before their character does.

I'm honestly glad that this thread is more creative, and I know I had a hand in it, but I'm happy that everyone's sharing their creativity as well. Thank you for your encouraging words about my art and ideas. I appreciate the perspective you have as someone who was speculating from the very beginning.

Top Bottom