• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What if she fights fellow Nintendo heroines?

Round 1 :
:ultsheik: after KOing you fight :ultzelda:

Round 2:
Fight both :ultpeach::ultdaisy:

Round 3:

:ultzss: first, after KOing her you fight :ultsamus:

Round 4:
Vs both :ultdk::ultdiddy: (also a reference to the KAOS battle)

Round 5:
Vs Giant :ultkrool: together with :ultdiddy:

Round 6:
Vs Master Hand and Crazy Hand with :ultdiddy:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Fighting Nintendo heroines was already Isabelle's route.

I imagine something like "Kong's journey back to home", because everytime Dixie is playable in a game. The adventure always happens outside of DK Island. So, like DK was going to New Donk City, Dixie is going back to DK Island with the rest of the Kongs, while visiting places that reference her past adventures.

Round 1: Black :ultfalco: & Team Aqua :ultpichu:
Stage: Pirate Ship
Partner is :ultdiddy:

Round 2: :ultsonic: Raid
Stage: Distant Planet
Partner is :ultdiddy:

Round 3: Green or Blue :ultbowser: and Red :ultgreninja:
Stage: Great Bay
Partner is Blue :ultdiddy:

Round 4: Galleom
Stage: Where Galleom is fought (I think it's Shadow Moses)
Partner is Blue :ultdiddy:

Round 5: Three :ultdiddy:s, the dark skinned Yellow, the purple one and the green one.
Stage: Grassland Groove (It's my dream stage that should come with Dixie)
Partner is :ultdk:

Round 6: :ultsquirtle: & black/white :ultkingdedede:
Stage: Summit
Partner is :ultdk:

Final Round: Battle against Giant :ultkrool:
Stage: Omega Jungle Japes
Partners are both :ultdk: and :ultdiddy:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
So, any new scuttlebutt on the new DK game?

Round 6:
Vs Master Hand and Crazy Hand with :ultdiddy:
The Hands are way overused. I still vote for Galleom. Partnering with Diddy sounds like a great idea, though.

Here's an idea: Dixie and Diddy vs. other couples! Mario and Peach, Luigi and Daisy, Link and Zelda, Fox and the Krystal assist trophy... er, Cloud and the Tifa Mii...

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hey guys, which boss from any Donkey Kong Country game would you like to see as a boss in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I would goo with Boss Dumb Drum from the original, Arich from DKC3 and Kleever from Donkey Kong Country 2.
This guy right here:

We need more aerial bosses. Arich is a good choice too, since we don't have one (besides the Hands) that attacks mainly from above.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Hey guys, which boss from any Donkey Kong Country game would you like to see as a boss in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I would goo with Boss Dumb Drum from the original, Arich from DKC3 and Kleever from Donkey Kong Country 2.
Though it sounds unlikely, the Dum Drum would make a nice change of pace for a boss that not only stomps the ground, but also spawns various Smash Bros./Donkey Kong Country enemies. It could also possibly light itself aflame and/or violently explode, launching nearby players, when destroyed.

Bosses I would like to see:

1. Krow (for the reasons stated by Planet Cool)

2. Kaos- It could do most everything it did in the home game. It can only be damaged by striking the head, and only when the head shroud is lifted. The shroud detaches and flies to aim laser beams at players when Kaos receives enough damage. Kaos flies horizontally above the player, occasionally dropping down to attack with its booster, and can also attack the opponent with revolving blades, boxing gloves, and could periodically chase players at high speed by homing on them for a few seconds. This would be the first boss who cannot be battled by certain characters.

3.King Zinger (for similar reasons to Krow).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

This guy:

I would even take him as a playable character. But only after we get Dixie, Cranky, Funky, Lanky, Tiny, and Chunky of course.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
This guy:

I would even take him as a playable character. But only after we get Dixie, Cranky, Funky, Lanky, Tiny, and Chunky of course.
Excellent! I was already thinking of Kudgel/Klubba for boss/playable characters who could have mouth-watering move sets, and was going to mention him earlier, but I did not because it satiated a numerical balance obsession for me to list one boss each for Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, and Donkey Kong Country 3. Unfortunately, he would probably be soonest an assist trophy or spirit (if he is not already), and not a playable character.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
KAOS is my pick for a DKC3 boss. Otherwise, most of DKC3's bosses have win conditions that don't translate well to being a Smash boss with a lifebar and everything, so pulling from that game I think Arich and maybe Squirt are the next best options for traditional boss battles that fit in with the rest.

For DKC2, I think Krow is a really good choice, especially if they implement Kreepy Krow as well. It could make for a good pinch mode. Kludgel is also a good choice, and heck, they could even do Kerozene from the GBA remake if they want a deep pull.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Now that I think about it. Its pretty cool that in Rare's DK games that even though the Kongs were clearly the good guys and the Kremlings were bad they still showed that yeah even good guys have their bad eggs (Manky Kong) and even the bad guys could have a few good pupils sprinkled out (K.Lumsy and Klubba). Then theirs Snide who is neither good or bad just chaotic neutral.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you guys like Kudgel more than Klubba? I prefer Klubba, since he's more of a character, and the first-ever friendly Kremling (predating K. Lumsy).
Though Klubba would only be friendly when you would cough up the dough. But I like Klubba more than Kudgel, but would prefer Kudgel over Klubba as a boss or playable character in Smash Bros. since he has material to go off of from his boss fight in DKC2.

Klubba's cooler but you never really get to fight him, so Kudgel feels like the better boss option.
THIS.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I choose DKC2 as well.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted a moveset idea; since November was technically Dixie's birthmonth AND her 25th anniversary, I figured I'd post frequently during then. Now that it's over, I'll be sharing ideas infrequently.

So, for this move we're going back to Hair Pivots, which are moves where Dixie supports her body with her hair. Another body part performs an attack in these moments--usually her legs for the sake of reach, and in this case we have:

In this scenario, Dixie uses her ponytail as a stand while she rapidly kicks her legs out! She unleashes a flurry of kicks while balancing off the ground, securing some extra reach in the process and assaulting anyone in front of her. This is an attack best suited for the Infinite Jab AKA the Flurry Attack, but with some creative freedom you can make this a Forward Tilt or Forward Smash. Personally I'd go with Infinite Jab, but creativity is in the eye of the audience.

This move is inspired by Chun Li. Fox's flurry is also inspired by her iconic kick so I wanted to provide a twist. Instead of balancing on one leg like them, Dixie balances on her hair. Hope y'all like, and InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand thank you very much for maintaining the twitter page. I honestly like the backgrounds you come up with for these ideas when you post them, so if you have a better idea for a background feel free to use it! Speaking of which, here's the transparent version:

All feedback is welcome!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I'm on team Klubba. Even though Kudgel is the more handsome one (you know it's true), Klubba's the one with the bonus tokens. And let me tell you something kids, a handsome face doesn't pay the rent -- or get you into the lost world.

I choose DKC2 as well.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I posted a moveset idea; since November was technically Dixie's birthmonth AND her 25th anniversary, I figured I'd post frequently during then. Now that it's over, I'll be sharing ideas infrequently.

So, for this move we're going back to Hair Pivots, which are moves where Dixie supports her body with her hair. Another body part performs an attack in these moments--usually her legs for the sake of reach, and in this case we have:

In this scenario, Dixie uses her ponytail as a stand while she rapidly kicks her legs out! She unleashes a flurry of kicks while balancing off the ground, securing some extra reach in the process and assaulting anyone in front of her. This is an attack best suited for the Infinite Jab AKA the Flurry Attack, but with some creative freedom you can make this a Forward Tilt or Forward Smash. Personally I'd go with Infinite Jab, but creativity is in the eye of the audience.

This move is inspired by Chun Li. Fox's flurry is also inspired by her iconic kick so I wanted to provide a twist. Instead of balancing on one leg like them, Dixie balances on her hair. Hope y'all like, and InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand thank you very much for maintaining the twitter page. I honestly like the backgrounds you come up with for these ideas when you post them, so if you have a better idea for a background feel free to use it! Speaking of which, here's the transparent version:

All feedback is welcome!
That's awesome! I can perfectly visualize the attack and it fits really well! I'll post it tomorrow!

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Any move (within reason) that has Dixie balancing on her hair is just itching to be in her arsenal, but I do not easily envision her as a character with many long-lasting hitboxes (as I presume you suggested)outside of spinning attacks. In my opinion, she could just as easily feature moves with similar charms to many of Diddy's-- quick and single-hit.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Any move (within reason) that has Dixie balancing on her hair is just itching to be in her arsenal, but I do not easily envision her as a character with many long-lasting hitboxes (as I presume you suggested)outside of spinning attacks. In my opinion, she could just as easily feature moves with similar charms to many of Diddy's-- quick and single-hit.
Hmmm, I think Tropical Freeze opened my mind up to the idea of it. Her groundpound is a good candidate for multiple hits, but recently I came up with something while trying to wrap my brain around how she swims the way she does.

Overall, I see her hair as an excellent use for broad swings and whip-like maneuvers, with an occasional physics-defying technique thrown in. I'd have her play as someone who's not as hyper as Diddy and more....I guess "elegant" than DK, if that's the right word for it.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I think Tropical Freeze opened my mind up to the idea of it. Her groundpound is a good candidate for multiple hits, but recently I came up with something while trying to wrap my brain around how she swims the way she does.

Overall, I see her hair as an excellent use for broad swings and whip-like maneuvers, with an occasional physics-defying technique thrown in. I'd have her play as someone who's not as hyper as Diddy and more....I guess "elegant" than DK, if that's the right word for it.
Pardon my ignorance, but I have not played anything past Donkey Kong Country Returns, so every stitch of imagery I have is going to default to the original trilogy. (In case you respond with a video, I have informed a few others that I try not to watch them due to data considerations.) If Dixie really has lingering attacks as you seem to indicate, then I would not be too resistive to the idea.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Pardon my ignorance, but I have not played anything past Donkey Kong Country Returns, so every stitch of imagery I have is going to default to the original trilogy. (In case you respond with a video, I have informed a few others that I try not to watch them due to data considerations.) If Dixie really has lingering attacks as you seem to indicate, then I would not be too resistive to the idea.
Oh it's perfectly fine and no worries; the groundpound is the closest to a lingering move since it's the answer to DK's hand slap. The water move I'm talking about is a bit of a stretch since she uses it for mobility, but I'm mainly reappropriating it for an attack.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
You gotta get on Tropical Freeze, Doc. DKC Returns is great, but Tropical Freeze is a huge step up. A true evolution in a sea of often pointless mutation. I consider it the second best DK game after DKC2 and my fourth or fifth favorite game of all time.

It's also the source of two new moves/gimmicks for Dixie that always turn up in people's movesets: the ground pound and gumball popgun. It's very fun stuff.

DKC2 is the best all around. Though, while some others may disagree, I think DKC3 is a better game than the original DKC.
Big agree. I love the sidequests and puzzle-oriented levels of DKC3. Much love to the original DKC, but the sequels are all better.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
You gotta get on Tropical Freeze, Doc. DKC Returns is great, but Tropical Freeze is a huge step up. A true evolution in a sea of often pointless mutation. I consider it the second best DK game after DKC2 and my fourth or fifth favorite game of all time.
THIS.

DKC Tropical Freeze was my favorite Wii U game. It was a great game and an example that the DKC franchise's standard is far beyond multiple franchises.

Im honestly considering buying the Switch Port because while i already have it on Wii U, my Wii U is no longer plugged (not enough room in my well...........room) and having the chance of playing it whenever and wherever i wanted would be great, but that price point, jesus that price point.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace

It's also the source of two new moves/gimmicks for Dixie that always turn up in people's movesets: the ground pound and gumball popgun. It's very fun stuff.

Big agree. I love the sidequests and puzzle-oriented levels of DKC3. Much love to the original DKC, but the sequels are all better.
I highly agree with Planet Cool. Tropical Freeze is my favorite DKC and a flat out excellent platformer that really builds on its level concepts. Each stage is unique and David Wise went above and beyond by having an original track for nearly every stage
THIS.

DKC Tropical Freeze was my favorite Wii U game. It was a great game and an example that the DKC franchise's standard is far beyond multiple franchises.

Im honestly considering buying the Switch Port because while i already have it on Wii U, my Wii U is no longer plugged (not enough room in my well...........room) and having the chance of playing it whenever and wherever i wanted would be great, but that price point, jesus that price point.
If you all think that Tropical Freeze beats the originals, then it might be worth a try sometime. Though, that may be a while for me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What is the deal with that DK vs Kirby tourney event? Why didn’t we get another tourney event like that?

On the surface, it seems to be a completely random choice done by the spirit team to fill time, but on the other hand, could it be an accidental hint to something happening on DK's 40th, years in advance? It's hard to tell at this time, to be honest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom