• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
I kept trying to charge up Rambi....although I'm still wondering if I was just doing it wrong. Could you charge up Rambi in DKC1? I couldn't and it felt weird!

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
In a 3D environment, DK should be designed around his strength mostly I feel. Battles will be different than in 2D, so there's a lot they could do with that. A BotW styled game would work wonders indeed.
I don't think they will ever make a BOTW DK game, maybe one that combines what worked in DK64 and Mario Odyssey (And a button to switch Kongs in the fly please). Or a 3D platformer more similar to Crash and Sonic, Nintendo doesn't have a type of 3D platformer like that. One would argue Mario 3D World was, but it doesn't seem like they are going back to that style for now, sounds good for DK to take that place.

About DK's abilities, Rare obviously wanted DK to be the most well balanced character of the crew in DK64. And I think that worked well, except for one little problem, the special abilities DK got compared to everyone else's made him too vanilla and boring. Just invincibilty when the rest gets way cooler transformations, barrel blast sections weren't that engaging at all in 3D, and pulling a lever? Seriously? But if he's the strongest one in a new game, then another poor Kong is getting the shaft.
406-4068477_chunky-kong-triangle-hd-png-download.png

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I kept trying to charge up Rambi....although I'm still wondering if I was just doing it wrong. Could you charge up Rambi in DKC1? I couldn't and it felt weird!
Nope; that wasn't until DKC2.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Nah that started in DKC2. I'd love for that variant to be in a new DKC again. Retro's way of having Rambi's stampede isn't the best.
I don't think they will ever make a BOTW DK game, maybe one that combines what worked in DK64 and Mario Odyssey (And a button to switch Kongs in the fly please). Or a 3D platformer more similar to Crash and Sonic, Nintendo doesn't have a type of 3D platformer like that. One would argue Mario 3D World was, but it doesn't seem like they are going back to that style for now, sounds good for DK to take that place.

About DK's abilities, Rare obviously wanted DK to be the most well balanced character of the crew in DK64. And I think that worked well, except for one little problem, the special abilities DK got compared to everyone else's made him too vanilla and boring. Just invincibilty when the rest gets way cooler transformations, barrel blast sections weren't that engaging at all in 3D, and pulling a lever? Seriously? But if he's the strongest one in a new game, then another poor Kong is getting the shaft.
That's a problem a lot of these games have, they make the lead character boring and safe. They probably figure since he's the most recognizable he needs to be the safest for beginners, and that leads to the sidekicks being more fun. Like, Mario is in many cases the safe character in multiplayer games, making Luigi more fun despite his quirks of being a coward. And even in Crash Team Racing, the title character was in the Balanced racing class despite 3 prior games establishing how wacky and unhinged he is. Someone who tackles animals to wrangle and ride them on the fly as well as spins like a tornado and slams his face into enemies hardly sounds like the Balanced type; when the only one crazier than you is Ripper Roo you might not be sane yourself. Luckily Nitro-Fueled lets you pick whichever class you want for any character, so this isn't a problem anymore.

That rant aside, as a whole the lead tends to be the least interesting in multiplayer games. DK's been hit by this hard in his games but when it's only him he's this huge badass that has a mean temper and strength that would intimidate Bowser. When other Kongs are playable, they either outclass him in mobility or have a superpower like elastic arms or prehensile hair. It's like why have him be the main character if his sidekicks can do more than he could theoretically.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Given that Kiddy and Chunky have more or less disappeared, I think it might be safe to assume that Donkey Kong has more or less has the "slow but strong Kong spot more or less to himself.

Not that its the biggest loss anyway; I think any mainline DK game can work with a four Kong cast of DK, Diddy, DIxie, and a fourth one that could be the gimmick Kong (Lanky, Cranky, Funky).

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Given that Kiddy and Chunky have more or less disappeared, I think it might be safe to assume that Donkey Kong has more or less has the "slow but strong Kong spot more or less to himself.

Not that its the biggest loss anyway; I think any mainline DK game can work with a four Kong cast of DK, Diddy, DIxie, and a fourth one that could be the gimmick Kong (Lanky, Cranky, Funky).
I'd give them all gimmicks personally. DK can be Brute Force, Diddy is the Slightly Fragile Speedster, Dixie gets Hair Abilities and the 4th Kong gets something tailored to them.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'd give them all gimmicks personally. DK can be Brute Force, Diddy is the Slightly Fragile Speedster, Dixie gets Hair Abilities and the 4th Kong gets something tailored to them.
When I said gimmicks I didn't mean so much in attributes (which many of the major Kongs already have) but more stuff like Cranky's cane or Lanky's long limbs; something that's a bit more situational than the more versatile main cast.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
When I said gimmicks I didn't mean so much in attributes (which many of the major Kongs already have) but more stuff like Cranky's cane or Lanky's long limbs; something that's a bit more situational than the more versatile main cast.
I'd say Cranky's cane is pretty versatile. You get protection from spikes, high jumps and the ability to kill armored enemies. Plus there's the speedrun aspect which nearly breaks some levels.

Lanky's theoretical ATM, but there's many uses you could get from elastic arms: long range attacks, tons of grappling options, and stilt-like abilities

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Don't pull your horses too fast. Funky could also fill in the role of the most powerful Kong , but slow. He kinda was build like that in the PAON games, being more traditional heavyweight in stats than DK.

DK could be a jack of all trades, but a little more power based. Wouldn't hurt to have the traditional main hero not be the typical Average Joe.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Despite all the talk about not having DK himself be so vanilla/redundant, I really don't want Nintendo to drop any members of the Kong family from the series (Yeah, this does include Chunky and Kiddy).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Despite all the talk about not having DK himself be so vanilla/redundant, I really don't want Nintendo to drop any members of the Kong family from the series (Yeah, this does include Chunky and Kiddy).
Chunky honestly can keep the reverse-Tiny Kong aspect and grow gigantic, basically Super Mushroom his way through obstacles. Kiddy, being a baby has a blank canvas. They could come up with anything for him and it could stick

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Alright guys lets play "Rank that final boss: DK Edition!" We are gonna rank all the final boss battles from best to worst. Games included are DKC, DKC2, DKC3, DK64, DKCR, and Tropical Freeze.

I will start!

1. DKC2 - Kaptain K.Rool IMO is the best boss battle in the series. Crocodile Cacaphony is a masterpiece, the game perfectly concludes here. We see K.Rool being unhinged and angry while still having a tad goofness to him. The boss battle is also very challenging and probably the hardest battle in the series IMO.

2. DK64 - I love the final battle here. Is it overly comedic and slapsticky? Yes. But my god is it charming and I like having all the Kongs get a round in. Game utilizes all of the Kongs abilities thoughout the battle as well.

3. Tropical Freeze - Frederick is a good final boss battle challenging but not too challenging. Not much more to say than that a fun boss.

4. DKC - The boss battle and Gangplank Galleon are iconic. HOWEVER maybe its because I've played the game 100 times, but K.Rool isnt that hard and he's pretty 1 dimensional in his attacks. It gave us "The End?" Which was pretty unique for the time thats cool.

5. DKC3 - This one was tough for me because I wasnt sure to put this one here or Returns. I went with DKC3 simply because I like K.Rool as a character and not because the gameplay of the battle itself is any good. Returns probably has better gameplay but meh..

6. Returns - Coming in dead last. The battle itself is merely okay. The problem is its another unoriginal floating heads/hands boss Nintendo loves to make. This was also what Michael Kelbaugh and Kensuke Tanabe were hyping up during an interview when they were explaining why K.Rool didnt return. A flying piece of wood head and hands is better than K.Rool!? Yeah right...I hate Tiki Tong. He had a decent theme though.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If my intuition is correct, next year could be a great time for us RARE fans. With Donkey Kong having it's 40th anniversary, plus merchandise coming with the DK branding, everything seems to be pointing towards a new DK game. Hell, we could see two: a new experience from Nintendo and DKC6 from Retro. I don't have much faith in the latter, unfortunately.

Then we have Playtonic which had just released Impossible Lair, two years after YL. We could see at least an announcement from them next year. Hopefully, it's a sequel to their first game which fixes some of the problems people have with it.

There are some rumblings of a new Perfect Dark coming to Series X, and we should be getting more details on RARE's Everwild which I hope comes out next year as it looks flipping gorgeous!

And who knows, maybe we'll see a surprise Banjo announcement tomorrow! Regardless, I think things are looking up for us.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Here's another SixFanArts from Rare, this time from former DKC guru Gregg Mayles. Featuring Dixie and Squitter.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Alright guys lets play "Rank that final boss: DK Edition!" We are gonna rank all the final boss battles from best to worst. Games included are DKC, DKC2, DKC3, DK64, DKCR, and Tropical Freeze.

I will start!

1. DKC2 - Kaptain K.Rool IMO is the best boss battle in the series. Crocodile Cacaphony is a masterpiece, the game perfectly concludes here. We see K.Rool being unhinged and angry while still having a tad goofness to him. The boss battle is also very challenging and probably the hardest battle in the series IMO.

2. DK64 - I love the final battle here. Is it overly comedic and slapsticky? Yes. But my god is it charming and I like having all the Kongs get a round in. Game utilizes all of the Kongs abilities thoughout the battle as well.

3. Tropical Freeze - Frederick is a good final boss battle challenging but not too challenging. Not much more to say than that a fun boss.

4. DKC - The boss battle and Gangplank Galleon are iconic. HOWEVER maybe its because I've played the game 100 times, but K.Rool isnt that hard and he's pretty 1 dimensional in his attacks. It gave us "The End?" Which was pretty unique for the time thats cool.

5. DKC3 - This one was tough for me because I wasnt sure to put this one here or Returns. I went with DKC3 simply because I like K.Rool as a character and not because the gameplay of the battle itself is any good. Returns probably has better gameplay but meh..

6. Returns - Coming in dead last. The battle itself is merely okay. The problem is its another unoriginal floating heads/hands boss Nintendo loves to make. This was also what Michael Kelbaugh and Kensuke Tanabe were hyping up during an interview when they were explaining why K.Rool didnt return. A flying piece of wood head and hands is better than K.Rool!? Yeah right...I hate Tiki Tong. He had a decent theme though.
I like this idea! Let me do mine:

1. Kaptain K. Rool. It's a hard fight, K. Rool has these crazy tricks with his blunderbuss that it was very hard to fight him even with Dixie's hovering. The patterns were nerve-wracking, the music was heartpounding and since this was basically K. Rool's rematch with Diddy, it felt personal. Walking in on him torturing DK was upsetting, and that established him as a deeply disturbed villain. Plus, him getting up constantly after getting knocked down felt like the fight wouldn't end. Plus the rematch in Crocodile Core was fun.

2. Lord Fredrik. Fighting Fredrik was tough. He had a lot of surprises and his ice powers were cool. It's fast-paced and the music is actually more fun than I thought when I first heard it. My criticism is that it's DKC1 and DKC2 K. Rool combined, with throwing minions and sinking platforms added in. It's better than DKC1's but not exactly DKC2's, also he doesn't behave like the other Waldoughs in combat. He's supposed to be a heavily armored, tough to maneuver around behemoth when he's instead 2 K.Rool's in one. Despite all that, the fight is well designed and the gameplay is on point.

3. Tiki Tong. So this one is weird, he's yet another Head & Hands, he's the first to replace K. Rool in a DKC, and he's the leader of a bunch of mostly lame a** minions. Even with all that in mind, the fight was still fun and challenging. The buildup throughout the game was nice, since we have a canon reason why a villain needs to steal bananas and the musical cohesion between him and the other bosses was appreciated. That simple sequence leading up to the fight went a long way to the "this is it" feeling, and the fight itself was fun and challenging. Never thought they could turn the Jungle Theme into Boss music but they pulled it off. Overall, it was an engaging fight with a mix of good and bad regarding Tiki's design, role and significance.

4. King K. Rool. His first fight was iconic; the music started off corny but went from 0-100 real quick; seeing DK Isle in the distance felt poignant as we fought this croc, and the Kredits was such a good fakeout I couldn't believe Rareware pulled that. So much charm. However, the fight is incredibly simple and easy. Harder than the other DKC1 bosses, but that doesn't mean anything. This is one of those moments where everything shined brightly except for gameplay, and as the first DKC, that's A-OK. Wuthout the other factors, this fight is boring by itself. This is the easiest fight on the list but the ones after DKC took the difficulty to the next level.

5. Ghastly King. I stand corrected, this fight is easier than K. Rool in DKC1. There's little going for it and it is extremely simple, that said like Tiki Tong I appreciate the climactic build up. While you can probably beat him in 30 seconds, you can have a lot of fun doing it, as there's many ways to knock him down. Considering the next 2 entries on this list I'd rather have a final boss that's fast paced and easy to beat than to drag out a fight that isn't fun.

6. Baron K. Roolenstein. This one is....boring. It doesn't have much going for it; little surprises, slow paced, formulaic and just a bit cornball with its Wizard of Oz, Terminator and Scooby Doo references/overtone. The music is nice and sinister, but it's too calm, and K. Rool doesn't do much besides waddle aimlessly, which is odd for a psychotic crocodile pretending to be a mad scientist. The fight is too anticlimactic to be fun.

7. King Krusha K. Rool. It's a hard fight with many sequences, but those sequences tend to be so convoluted and drawn out that this fight isn't fun. It simply takes too long, and while it's understandable since 5 Kongs have to get their hits in, it just drags and drags. Grunty from Banjo-Kazooie was a long and difficult fight, but it's fun and seamless; the gameplay isn't interrupted constantly and they stick to the action. DK64's also ridiculous, with the cutscenes that drag it out more and Lanky and Tiny's sequences which come off as dumb rather than funny. The fight needs a vast overhaul, as it comes off like I'm fighting some goofy a** clown who discovered boxing gloves. The silliness and stupidity only works for kids in this fight, which is bloated and tedious.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
King Krusha K Rool is like a double-stacked, double-stuffed deep fried oreo. At some point, someone should have stopped. But they didn't. And now we all pay.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
For me it is DKC2 > DKC > DKC3 > DKCR > DKCTF

Kaptain K. Rool is just too fun of a battle.

I will never not love the "kredits" gimmick of the DKC boss, plus I love the sounds K. Rool makes.

Baron K. Roolestein has the best boss theme in the series, in my modest opinion. The fight ain't bad either.

I am one of the few people who doesn't dislike Tiki Tong. He lacks the K. Rool charisma but the fight is not bad at all, and I like the music.

Lord Fredrik was kinda boring :/ There are a few fun, interesting bosses in TF, but he isn't one, in my opinion. Fantastic music, though.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Let's see:

1.- DKC2 - K. Rool's Duel: This fight is the fan favorite for so many reasons, the pay-off to finally catch up with K. Rool after he ran off of the top of the castle, him being obviously pissed by how is he treating DK when you arrive and how overly aggressive his moves are, Crocodile Cacophony, the difficulty is well balanced, it's a hard challenge for a newcomer, and if you have done it multiple times, there are still some cannonballs or purple clouds (I hate those things) that can catch you off-guard. I like how Dixie can cheese some of K. Rool's attacks but she won't be able to outrun K. Rool's final suction in most cases. And that final punch is so satisfying, cutscene DK is the GOAT.

2.- DKC3 - Knautilus: I think this fight doesn't get the appreciation it deserves, unlike the normal Boss fight, here K. Rool is using all the arsenal at his disposal and it's actually attacking you. You have to evade fireballs, the electric waves, then the moving floor, K. Rool coming in to your side by surprise, and finally one of my favorite uses of metal properties in a DK game, I think that was very clever, it punishes you for grabbing immediately the barrel without thinking twice. BTW good luck hitting K. Rool in the final phase with Dixie, it's much easier with Kiddy (At least in my case).

3.- DKC Tropical Freeze - Volcano Dome: Fredrik is not K. Rool, but you can't deny that his fight is very well made. In fact, he's probably my least consistent boss to fight because trying to landing on his back consistenly is a pain. The ice dragons, him pursuing you by jumping and making the terrain dissapear, the final phase when he rises the platforms. All are things that test the skills you learned in the game so I think he should get respect he deserves as a boss. Also, the music, I love David Wise when he goes metal guitar mode.

4.- DKC2 - Krocodile Kore: This fight screams rushed to me. It's basically a cannoball and cloud hell, you just need to evade everything, break the barrel, throw the cannonball and that's it. It's a very short but nice test of skill. Specially if you want to do it with Diddy (Dixie breaks this challenge in pieces obviously). Also gets points because what happens after beating this boss is probably my favorite shot and ending in the entire series.

5.- DKC1 - Gangplank Galleon: This is the debut of our favorite croc :ultkrool:, and I remember having quite a lot of trouble with this fight as a kid (And many older siblings also did for some reason). I still remember when the Kredits caught us off-guard, ah good times. But after the novelty wears off, honesly, this fight is very easy and extremely mechanical. You just need to fight a suitable spot and barely walk to avoid the giant cannonballs, just roll under K. Rool's jumps and I can't think of anyone that could ever be hit by the crown throw. Iconic fight, but not for gameplay reasons. All the DKC1 bosses suck honestly. Also thanks to the interviews of last year, I can't unsee K. Rool's extremely limited frames of animation now.

6.- DKC3 - Kaos Kore: The initial part with Kaos was cool, I wish the whole fight was like that.... then Baron K. Roolenstein comes around (The Scooby Doo reference never gets old) and then he just sets up traps and platforms specifically designed for us to hit him, and what does he do in the fight? Absolutely nothing except flying around waiting to be hit, and after that he presses a button to set up another scenario for us to hit him with a barrel. K. Rool's animation after being hit and also after being electrocuted gave me some laughs. But the fight as whole is just boring and anti-climatic.

7.- DKC Returns - Tiki Tong: Honesly, this fight is just forgettable, Frederik made an impression on me, but everytime I beat this boss I just forget what the fight was. I had to look up on Youtube, and yeah I can see why, he just moves his hands and head around that are extremely easy to avoid and then leaves himself open to be stomped. I could say the same for K. Rool but his fights pack so much more personality, settings and better music. This one represents what impression the Tikis made as an antagonistic force..... I forgot them.

I haven't played Jungle Beat yet, or the Climber games. The DK Land boss fights are just diet versions of their SNES counterparts.
Wizpig tho? I HATE THAT PIG SO MUCH. I never managed to beat him on foot until I knew that green boost trick.

EDIT: Forgot about DK64, I haven't done it yet, I'm still in Creepy Castle and taking it slow to not get collectiphobia. But I have seen it, and dear god, thank god I can use save states LOL.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

PestilenceSSB

Smash Cadet
Count me in, fellow Dixie supporters. I adore DKC to bits and her addition would greatly diversify the franchise's representation in Smash! Not to mention that she's one of the most glaring 1st-party omissions, given both her major presence in the franchise and her near-inclusion in Brawl...

I have a question for you all: what stage would you want Dixie to bring alongside her? Krazy Kremland would be the best choice in my book. It features 4 types of environments (rollercoasters, beehives, brambles and swamps) that would offer an insane amount of thematic variety within a single stage*. It also has the benefit of doing Dixie's much cherished debut game justice. This opens up the possibility of more DKC2 music in Smash... the presence of Crocodile Cacophony, Snakey Chantey and Stickerbush Symphony (even though the latter wasn't really done justice in its Smash incarnation) may be amazing, but I'm giddy at the very thought of the dev team going the extra mile and adding songs like Hot Head Bop, Mining Melancholy, School House Harmony, Forest Interlude, Disco Train or Bayou Boogie...

And don't even get me started on DKC3's lack of acknowledgment in Smash... the only things that I can think of off the top of my head are the Dixie/Kiddy hovercraft spirit and the Ellie spirit! As a result, Dixie's hypothetical inclusion would serve as a great excuse to bring more of that game's content into the mix... since it was her game, I wouldn't be surprised if the dev team went with a DKC3 stage like Lake Orangatanga, Mekanos, or even a travelling stage that cycles through the entire Northern Kremisphere. Here's hoping they'll bring in some DKC3 tracks like Rockface Rumble, Nuts and Bolts, Big Boss Blues, Stilt Village, Dixie Beat, Frosty Frolics, Treetop Tumble... you name it.

I'm also hoping that in the timeline where Dixie gets in, TF's underrepresentation in this game will be addressed as it's a missed opportunity to bring in absolute bangers like Scorch N'Torch, Big Top Bop, Homecoming Hijinx, Grassland Groove, Windmill Hills, Fruity Factory, Aqueduct Assault and Forest Folly...

Sorry if I'm rambling on my own here, I'm getting carried away by the very thought of such an unrealistic amount of quality DKC content in Smash... but a man can dream...

*(even though I'm from the competitive scene where we only play on 8 stages or so, regular BF and FD wouldn't exist in my mind anymore if this were to happen...)

Last edited:

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 16

• Mad Jack, out of the box!
  • Cyber Kong, blasting onto the scene!
  • Tooty, no longer missing!
  • Berri, newly revived and somehow shrunk like Tiny!

The final wave...
Wait, what's this?

Two more waves on the way!

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Gotta hand it to SeashoreWar. DLC for a hypothetical game is a new frontier in hypothetical games.

Mad Jack, with boxes for feet, that's pretty cool. He is the best DK64 boss and he looks great in your style.
You're reaching deep into the Donkey Kong Barrel Blast references with that second one. I like the added shoulder pads!
Tooty! Banjo was one of your strongest ones I think and Tooty looks great, too!

Berri, I see why you redesigned her. I do think making her shorter helps. But the fact that she has the "same face", with the the smokey eye especially, makes her look a little strange. She might look better IMO if she loses the smokey eye. That is, if she had eyes like Tooty's, fully open and without makeup. More cartoony. Relatedly, I think her chest doesn't "work" with her new height.

Maybe other peeps here have thoughts on that one. Conker characters are a little difficult to think about in relation to the rest because the context is so different for them.

I've got some stuff on my plate for the moment, but I'll post it on Monday if that's OK!

BTW: I think you labeled Berri as Scoff on the CSS. Lol.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
LOL obviously Scoff was upset his chest was downgraded.

Thanks!

Hmm yeah Berri was a bit tough to figure out. I can try her out with a body and eyes more similar to Conker.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Wait, was I supposed to list my favorite boss in each game instead of ranking the final bosses? If so...

DKC1 - Dumb Drum. Such an unique boss. He was to dumb pure for this world. Funny trivia: I am not a native English speaker and I had no idea what dumb meant when I was a kid. Imagine my reaction when I realized what the name of the boss really meant. Literally a boss that is so dumb he kills himself.

DKC2 - I am very fond of RNG bird, and dead RNG bird.

DKC3 - KAOS. Bzzzzt. Kongs. Enemy.

DKCR - I can't remember any of them other than Tiki Tong. Does that say something about my memory, or about the quality of the bosses?

DKCTF - Bash the Unbreakable. Bruuuuuuuuh that soundtrack, though? That guitar. David Wise, calm down, my good sir. Also, if someone ruined my popsicle I would be very, very annoyed as well. The runner up is Pompy, the Presumptuous. I think he is cute.

Also, is anyone in interested in a moveset I am coming up with? It is Dixie focused on having animal buddies with her. I figure it isn't a very popular idea here, but still...

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
So Dixie Kong finally made it into that big inaccurate poll on twitter. I would be happy but I can't take that poll seriously.

I guess it is an accomplishment to have her be in a poll where half of the voters don't even care about smash. I'm just saying it would be more accurate if the creator wouldn't go around asking for votes on Reddit and twitter and 4chan and everywhere else

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
A really intriguing discovery has been uncovered. So apparently Nintendo themselves might have been working their own DK game and had to scrap it when DKC was being developed? Maybe the rumors of Nintendo's senior officials having a little resentment toward Rare and DKC wasn't so far-fetched? Also, L is actually real in Super Mario 64.

ZelDan

Smash Master
A really intriguing discovery has been uncovered. So apparently Nintendo themselves might have been working their own DK game and had to scrap it when DKC was being developed? Maybe the rumors of Nintendo's senior officials having a little resentment toward Rare and DKC wasn't so far-fetched? Also, L is actually real in Super Mario 64.
Now I'm imagining a timeline where we got Stanley the Bugman in Smash over Yoshi.

QQS

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong would be such a nice addition to the roster. Hope she is happening!

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 16

• Mad Jack, out of the box!
  • Cyber Kong, blasting onto the scene!
  • Tooty, no longer missing!
  • Berri, newly revived and somehow shrunk like Tiny!

The final wave...
Wait, what's this?

Two more waves on the way!
Your pictures is amazing as usual though I wonder what made you decide to redesign Berri (unlike what happened with Tiny, I never really had much issue regarding her appearance giving the context of the game she appears in) it's still cute, like a mix of her prototype look and her latest design.

Top Bottom