• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Looks like your favorite head banging kong girl is finally getting the attention she deserves from Nintendo. I wonder what plans they have in store for her?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ok, Dixie's spotlight in MKT is just about done so I'll be updating the thread's title after this.

I'm very happy Dixie got this chance to be in Mario Kart, but I do agree with everyone who wishes she debuted in a better MK. I don't play mobile games at all and I'm not begrudging anyone who passed on this, but I'm excited to see Dixie getting exposure, on her 25th anniversary too! I see this as a good step forward for her, and NoA highlighting her history was...inspiring, because she's getting a chance to show that she's been around for long while and been a part of some great and popular games.

We can use this momentum and keep pushing for her to be more prominent. She's not some DK side character and she has her own charm, personality and moveset potential. I gotta thank InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand and Sabertooth Sabertooth for elevating Dixie and starting her twitter page too; it's been growing slowly and steadily with 717 followers, and the sheer material Snowbound has used from MKT is great! Each new milestone for Dixie is just the beginning, cuz we'll keep building on her starpower.

EDIT: Thoughts on the thread title? I don't wanna shill too hard for MKT but I do wanna promote Dixie.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Maybe something like: "The Last Nintendo All-Star: Dixie Kong's Barrel of Support Buddies. We've conquered Mario Kart! Next stop Super Smash Bros.!"
I like the enthusiasm, but I wouldn't say we conquered it just yet. If Dixie got in MK8 Deluxe and reached Funky's popularity in MKWii, then I'd say she conquered it. ATM, I'm feeling "We've Made It To Mario Kart! Next Stop Super Smash Bros.!"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Maybe something like: "The Last Nintendo All-Star: Dixie Kong's Barrel of Support Buddies. We've conquered Mario Kart! Next stop Super Smash Bros.!"
Alright I'm digging this but what about changing that conquered to Kongquered.

Now that I'm reading it typed out it looks awful, nevermind.

DeniroSerafim

Smash Apprentice
I decided to get one of those ruby packs with the Kart to try and get Dixie like a moron, of course I got jack ****. Also earned enough rubies just from playing to do the 10 shot pipe separately and still nothing. I can't believe Nintendo thinks this is ok, I actually hate myself so much right now for wasting money on this garbage. Please don't put any money into this ****.

Of course this piece of garbage is where they decided to throw us a bone, what a joke.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I merged the posts together, but yeah, try to edit rather than double posting.

GAINAX

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the DK backdrop for the Nintendo World theme park in Japan has been put up! This kinda confirms the DK area is coming to Osaka as well as Orlando!
100523625_1016977618754920_3821550462759337984_n.jpg

You can see the same artwork used in the diorama:

DK.jpg

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Wouldn’t have her trailer concept any other way now.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Man, sometimes I wish Dixie Kong would get some fake leaks or even better a real one. I wish we were being taken more seriously in Smash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Much as I *want* to resign to accepting we're not getting a new Mario Kart on Switch, the fact that we've gotten new Mario Party games on consoles they've already appeared in in the past gives me just a little hope for it. And I guarantee Pauline and Dixie will be headliners in it. Mark my words.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I would also be happy if they put Dixie Kong in Mario Party. Or Golf or Tennis or anything. I just want more Dixie Kong in the world.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That's fair. It's just hard for me to unsee ZSS being the Dixie trailer fakout now because of the blond ponytail. lol

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Always felt Isabelle would be more fitting given she's closer to Dixie's size.
More of a fan of Inkling being the decoy.

She's roughly the same height as Dixie, seems mischievous enough to pull that prank, and you could fudge the ponytail since it didn't stop them from doing the same with DeDeDe and Duck Hunt's outlines.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Looks like your favorite head banging kong girl is finally getting the attention she deserves from Nintendo. I wonder what plans they have in store for her?
I hope that something is coming soon regarding the DK franchise. Regardless if it’s 2D or 3d it’s been six years since TF. I’d also like a new Mario sluggers or strikers with an updated roster. Dixie was part of Mario spin offs for a bit and then went absent, idk why.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I hope that something is coming soon regarding the DK franchise. Regardless if it’s 2D or 3d it’s been six years since TF. I’d also like a new Mario sluggers or strikers with an updated roster. Dixie was part of Mario spin offs for a bit and then went absent, idk why.
Maybe Nintendo didn't care to renew her trademark or something after Super Sluggers same with K. Rool. K. Rool's trademark got renewed in 2015 around the time the Smash Ballot ended and the project plan for Ultimate was being finalize. Coincidence? I think not.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alright Shulk, your cover's up. You better tell us the rest of what your vision's had shown you.

I think I already had Shulk's vision:

So I had a dream last night about a Dixie Kong Smash reveal trailer and when I was asleep dreaming this I thought it was real oh the irony. In my dream, the trailer starts off with DK, Diddy, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie all chilling out in DK's house only to be startled by the roof collapsing. Turns out Dixie Kong is the one that crashes the roof. Camera turns to show her face and it immediately cuts to the gameplay without showning her tagline. I see Dixie using her famous Helicopter Spin flying around the Kongo Jungle stage than I see Dixie using her hair for her other attacks like in the classic DKC games. One of the characters she attacks in the gameplay montage is Geno, freaking Geno. Dear lord is this dream a sign from God to me that we're getting Dixie Kong in Smash as well as Geno? Geno I already had great faith in happening but seeing Geno in that dream along with Dixie Kong makes me have greater hope for Dixie to get into Ultimate.

SeashoreWar

Smash Journeyman
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 13

Since we have guest heroes, why not add their villains?
  • Gruntilda
  • Panther King
  • King Ron
  • Capital B

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
King Ron is a Dillon's Rolling Western villain (a Dillon villan, for short)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Looks like it'll be time to preach the DK Crew to new fans soon. :shades:

I've been curious to try out that game for awhile now. I'll have to check it out soon.
Keep in mind that if you want to try out the other games, the last one is full price.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong Racing Wave 13

Since we have guest heroes, why not add their villains?
  • Gruntilda
  • Panther King
  • King Ron
  • Capital B

Hey that's pretty great and pretty creative choice to go for the guest villains. And King Ron fits right in with the rest of them. They all look spot on and full of personality! I'll post it within the next day or so.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Looks like it'll be time to preach the DK Crew to new fans soon. :shades:

Keep in mind that if you want to try out the other games, the last one is full price.
Man, I really wish we had an N64 render of Dixie so we could recreate this meme with her.

Samples with other characters.

1591150909430.png

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Her Diddy Kong Racing DS model is the closest thing to an N64 model she has. (If only it were on Models Resource...)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Like, why the hell wasn't Dixie in DK64? She would be getting more exposure right now had she been in that game because a lot of the K. Rool supporters moved on to Banjo & Kazooie after his confirmation and than on moved to Crash after their confirmation. You notice a lot of these fans are people who grew up in the N64/PS1 era of gaming much more so than the 16-bit era. I would like to hear a story about why Dixie wasn't in DK64 someday by Rare themselves.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I'll be honest would've been more than happy for Dixie to be in DK64 instead of Tiny. Tiny IMO can go away forever and I wouldn't mind tbh. This is coming from someone who grew up with DKC and DK64 as a kid and never played DKC2 and DKC3 until 2009 on Wii VC. I didnt know Dixie until Mario Superstar Baseball on GCN. I just prefer Dixie's design to either of Tiny's tbh. Dixie is just pure cute.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I would like to hear a story about why Dixie wasn't in DK64 someday by Rare themselves.
The canonical reason according to Rare's old website: "Dixie tried to launch an unsuccessful singing career after her stardom in DKC3, but her first single 'Bananas Are A Girl's Best Friend' sunk without trace. Down on her luck, she is reduced to promoting this year's Twycross Annual Parade & Gala to earn 'a few bob'.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine if Dixie Kong is the character after the Arms rep boi I would squeal. I highly doubt it though as I don't think Dixie would be have been considered a big enough character to reveal at E3 originally. Than again, they revealed Palutena instead of Pac-Man at E3 so...

Top Bottom