• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
its the 80s all over again with all these conveniently marketable baby versions of character!

you know what that means... where is baby dixie kong?
And Baby Diddy Kong, Baby Funky Kong, and Baby Kiddy...... wait.

I’m really afraid to imagine what Baby Cranky Kong would look like. Some sort of grotesque Benjamin Button monkey.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
ChronoBound ChronoBound It is always so nice to see you here. I consider you a smash historian you know a lot of what happened in the past between fandoms and it’s very interesting to read.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Baby DK is not good. DK Jr is cute. DK Jr will always be the REAL Baby DK to me.

Baby Dixie I imagine is bald and has a small beret (it hasn't grown full size yet). She also has one sclera instead of two conjoined ones (it will separate into 2 conjoined ones as she grows). Obviously has a massive diaper as well, since Dixie does seem like the type that would need lots of changing as a baby -- she eats a lot to make her hair grow strong, after all. And she needs to eat tons while bald.

And if you check baby Dixie's knees, you'd see the first buds of her kneepads starting to grow there. They will emerge later on.

This has been another episode of Donkey Cursed Country. Thank you for listening.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
No one talks about the baby version of our favorite croc.
On the scale of cuteness from Baby Bowser to Baby Ridley (Yes. That thing is actually canon). Where would you rank Baby K. Rool?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
2010 me would have been absolutely amazed and disbelief over Ultimate's present roster. Every veteran returning, many non-Nintendo gaming icons in, getting both Ridley and Dark Samus somehow, Banjo-Kazooie somehow making the roster. The only two omissions that would have seemed strange to me would be Dixie Kong and Toad (I would be scratching my head how Rosalina, Daisy, and Piranha Plant all made it in before he did).
Krystal's omission would also be a shock to me, considering how much more popular she was back then, and how the Star Fox series in general was more active and thus more people were receptive to a 4th rep compared to now.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
But I don't think Dixie would be a grappler. I imagine her as a heavy aerial-based character, having high disjoints aerials with her hair, a simple fireball-like projectile with the bubblegum gun and she should hover and move gracefully in the air holding the jump button after a double jump. That kind of character doesn't exist in the game yet I think. :ultpeach: floats but her playstyle isn't remotely similar to this description, and :ultjigglypuff: relies solely on close combat.

I suppose the grappler idea comes from Dixie using her hair to cargo throw, they could give her a cargo grab mechanic like DK, but I don't think it should be as strong as DK, otherwise she would be pretty busted. Like in the moveset I posted a while ago, maybe that cargo throw would be a great weapon countering lightweights but useless against characters heavier than Dixie herself.
I respectfully disagree, there's a healthy amount of directions we could take Dixie's moveset. I see a lot of uses in her hair and tons of ways to grab with it. If she only has a cargo grab, she potentially misses out on a few types of hair attacks, as there's only a few ways she can swing her hair before it gets boring. It would be great to give her hair attacks that not only whip foes, but also displace and throw them.
Dixie DownAir.jpg Dixie DownAir Diagram.jpg
My Down Air for example scoops up people beneath her so she can force them into the air and fight on her turf.
Dixie UTilt.jpg Dixie UTilt and Animation (2).jpg
My Up Tilt stirs up airborne victims and swats them away after displacing them. Perfect for those above and behind her.
NSpecial Idle (2).jpg NSpecial Forward Swing 1.jpg NSpecial Diagonal Swing 2 (2).jpg NSpecial Up Swing 1 (2).jpg Scans-10-27-2015-185821_1_of_6 (2).jpg
My Neutral Special is a Command Grab, yes, and it gives her the option to catch and throw foes from 3 different directions (Up, Diagonal, Forward) to their opposite directions.
Dixie can have all this, regular throws, a Cargo Grab and have a moveset that keeps her options varied. She can have a grapple-oriented focus and still be an aerial fighter, much like how Villager and the PK kids are Projectile-heavy while also being a Projectile User's worst nightmare. I don't expect my ideas specifically to be in SSB unless I'm on the development team, but there's room for different takes on a potential Dixie moveset.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I respectfully disagree, there's a healthy amount of directions we could take Dixie's moveset. I see a lot of uses in her hair and tons of ways to grab with it. If she only has a cargo grab, she potentially misses out on a few types of hair attacks, as there's only a few ways she can swing her hair before it gets boring. It would be great to give her hair attacks that not only whip foes, but also displace and throw them.
View attachment 260860View attachment 260862
My Down Air for example scoops up people beneath her so she can force them into the air and fight on her turf.
View attachment 260864View attachment 260865
My Up Tilt stirs up airborne victims and swats them away after displacing them. Perfect for those above and behind her.
View attachment 260866View attachment 260867View attachment 260868View attachment 260870View attachment 260871
My Neutral Special is a Command Grab, yes, and it gives her the option to catch and throw foes from 3 different directions (Up, Diagonal, Forward) to their opposite directions.
Dixie can have all this, regular throws, a Cargo Grab and have a moveset that keeps her options varied. She can have a grapple-oriented focus and still be an aerial fighter, much like how Villager and the PK kids are Projectile-heavy while also being a Projectile User's worst nightmare. I don't expect my ideas specifically to be in SSB unless I'm on the development team, but there's room for different takes on a potential Dixie moveset.
That command grab is actually a great original move, it think they would make it a side special, because Command Grabs are usually side specials (:ultbowser:, :ultganondorf:, :ultincineroar:, :ultridley:) since :ultdiddy:'s Monkey Flip can also grab, that one is a great alternative. And I don't want to have to reverse it, and neutral special is a perfect fit for the gun, I would have too much with the Bubblegum Gun of Tropical Freeze to not have it in Smash.

It's kind of crazy how much one's interpretation of a Smash moveset can vary so much for a character can originally only jump and hover in the air. While :ultdiddy: had DK64 and :ultkrool: had multiple boss fights to take moves from. Dixie allows for much more creative takes. Maybe it's because the utility of that hair leaves so much room for imagination.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
That command grab is actually a great original move, it think they would make it a side special, because Command Grabs are usually side specials (:ultbowser:, :ultganondorf:, :ultincineroar:, :ultridley:) since :ultdiddy:'s Monkey Flip can also grab, that one is a great alternative. And I don't want to have to reverse it, and netural special is a perfect fit for the gun, I would have too much with the Bubblegum Gun of Tropical Freeze to not have it in Smash.

It's kind of crazy how much one's interpretation of a Smash moveset can vary so much for a character can originally only jump and hover in the air. While :ultdiddy: had DK64 and :ultkrool: had multiple boss fights to take moves from. Dixie allows for much more creative takes. Maybe it's because the utility of that hair leaves so much room for imagination.
Yea, it's really fascinating what everyone has come up with for Dixie. I'm proud of my moveset but y'all have come up with things that I wouldn't have even thought of and it makes so much sense for her to be doing those things. Realistically I do see the bubblegum popgun being one of her specials; it just didn't show up in mine because of timing, I was like "SH*T they gave her a gun too now, I already drafted her specials!"

There's tons of untapped potential in that ponytail, especially given the ways in which she uses them. We just gotta get more people to see how versatile it is.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
View attachment 260860View attachment 260862
View attachment 260864View attachment 260865
View attachment 260866View attachment 260867View attachment 260868View attachment 260870View attachment 260871
Birthnote, I really enjoy your take on Dixie. You definitely know how to give her that fiery look to her.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
After Dixie gets in, a decent Zelda newcomer (by decent I mainly mean not another Link) is pretty much my next priority in terms of 1st Party characters. Impa is my favorite, but I also would love Midna or Tetra.
Ganon, please! I don't know why he never comes up in these discussions. He's the original Zelda bad guy! And he has absolutely nothing in common with his humanoid form, aside from technically being the same person, not that that's ever mattered in Smash (see: Dr. Mario).

Midna and Tetra would also be phenomenal, though. Also, Tingle.

No one talks about the baby version of our favorite croc.
On the scale of cuteness from Baby Bowser to Baby Ridley (Yes. That thing is actually canon). Where would you rank Baby K. Rool?
There should be a Prince K. Rool that's a parody of Bowser Jr., but instead of having a positive relationship with his dad, they have a hilariously abusive relationship, like Homer and Bart Simpson. Whenever Prince K. Rool does something his dad doesn't like, King K. Rool spanks the ever-loving crap out of him.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Did someone mention decent Zelda newcomer? Why allow me to bring your attention to Skull Kid, who wears the ever iconic Majora's Mask.

Please....

Also Dixie too because this her thread. And Bandana Dee because I feel he's the other major missing all star.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
Did someone mention decent Zelda newcomer? Why allow me to bring your attention to Skull Kid, who wears the ever iconic Majora's Mask.

Please....

Also Dixie too because this her thread. And Bandana Dee because I feel he's the other major missing all star.
Dixie, B. Dee, and Skull Kid are my trio of first party characters I think are missing from Ultimate. There are other Zelda and Kirby characters who could fill in for B. Dee and Skull Kid, but there's only one Dixie.

I would also maybe throw in Medusa, not that Kid Icarus really needs another character, I just like the character, and Smash always needs more villains and female representation, so being the first villainess of Smash would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Oh. Sakurai said Nintendo picked everyone on the fighter pass. To me that sounds a little suspicious.
But seeing how Nintendo usually cares soooooo much about the DK franchise (AKA the characters they didn't make).
That's a bit of a downer for my hopes honestly.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Nah, man, a Waddle Dee is like a Goomba. Not very exciting. The only reason I'd want it/him is for the inevitable Megaton Punch FS. And yes, I realize a Waddle Dee has been playable in several Kirby games (including my favorite, Return to Dream Land), but there are much more promising candidates out there.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Nah, man, a Waddle Dee is like a Goomba. Not very exciting. The only reason I'd want it/him is for the inevitable Megaton Punch FS. And yes, I realize a Waddle Dee has been playable in several Kirby games (including my favorite, Return to Dream Land), but there are much more promising candidates out there.
Everyone forgets about this plumpy fella.
KStSt_Rick.png

Rick the Hamster would be my choice for a Kirby series newcomer if we were to get one.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, Bandanna Dee has earned his spot at this rate, & with all the titles he's been in, he's got a nice pool of material to use for a moveset, aside from just his spear.
Sure, Waddle Dees are perfect parallels to Goombas, but by that logic, I'd argue B.Dee's more comparable to the likes of Goombella & other RPG!Mario mooks turned partners.
...That said, there are a few other Kirby peeps I'd add before him on a strictly personal level, & I don't just mean this boyo
as a semi-echo. Adeleine & Ribbon, KDL2 Animal Friend Trio, Dark Matter, Marx, & Susie in a Robobot all come to mind. Hopefully, I'm not stirring the Zinger nest with this...

You're watching Smashboards, & Now, back to Donkey Kong discussion!
No clue where this came from, but I'm set on the image of K. Rool being scrawny as an infant/child, with his muscles/girth kicking in as he got older.
Got some "careful who you call ugly in middle school" energy going on there, wouldn't ya say?

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I was just thinking man wouldn't it be awesome if we got a Nintendo Direct to fill in the blank of this empty year and DK was one of the games announced. We're long overdue for both a Direct and a new DK game....

Nintendo what are you doing!?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I was just thinking man wouldn't it be awesome if we got a Nintendo Direct to fill in the blank of this empty year and DK was one of the games announced. We're long overdue for both a Direct and a new DK game....

It would be awesome to get a DK character in Smash to promote that new game. Maybe a character with a name that rhymes with "Trixie Kong".

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Regarding Kirby characters, Kirby has been overdue for a newcomer for a long time now. My personal pick would be Marx.

Bandana Dee is someone who among the popular first party picks that I can vouch for. I would be fine with any Kirby character chosen.

Yeah no kidding. It's really shocking that Nintendo didn't even acknowledge DKC's 25 anniversary (though I could be wrong), but yet they can acknowledge the New Super Mario Bros. Wii 10th anniversary. I like that game don't get me wrong, it's just sad that we haven't got any new DK game since Tropical Freeze six years ago though we got the port about two years ago now. Plus DKC put Donkey Kong back on the market and eventually surpassed Mario in popularity in the 90's. At least the silver lining in all of this is getting K. Rool into Smash and back into people's minds.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hello Dixie fans, I am glad you all are still kicking in the light of Smash DLC. Seeing this much passion for Dixie is enough to warm my heart. I heard that InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand did a fantastic job managing the Dixie for Smash Twitter, and with over 600 followers to boot. Which is not too bad.

Although, wouldn't it make sense to take things a step further? Best to find some good ways to maintain and gather that support for the future of Smash to come when the time is right. Perhaps consider making a Dixie Discord since none really exists. I would like to see SnowBoundLand or BirthNote BirthNote run it, since either of them would make great leaders for Dixie support. I would even be one of the first to be on board if that were a thing. It's at least something to think about, look at the King K Rool fans. They started small with their K Rool server after Smash 4 were released and eventually grew overtime. Soon after K Rool got in Ultimate, the server blew up in size and became an official Smashcord. Wouldn't that be something nice to look forward to if it were happen?

Again, it is up to all of you. But I feel there should be a Dixie for Smash server and the Twitter has a big enough following to advertise it if it were made, just as a way for very passionate and talented Dixie fans to keep in mind. As the last Nintendo All Star, she should at least grow in numbers and have a form of hub to make it show. Just an idea to think about.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Hello Dixie fans, I am glad you all are still kicking in the light of Smash DLC. Seeing this much passion for Dixie is enough to warm my heart. I heard that InASnowBoundLand InASnowBoundLand did a fantastic job managing the Dixie for Smash Twitter, and with over 600 followers to boot. Which is not too bad.

Although, wouldn't it make sense to take things a step further? Best to find some good ways to maintain and gather that support for the future of Smash to come when the time is right. Perhaps consider making a Dixie Discord since none really exists. I would like to see SnowBoundLand or BirthNote BirthNote run it, since either of them would make great leaders for Dixie support. I would even be one of the first to be on board if that were a thing. It's at least something to think about, look at the King K Rool fans. They started small with their K Rool server after Smash 4 were released and eventually grew overtime. Soon after K Rool got in Ultimate, the server blew up in size and became an official Smashcord. Wouldn't that be something nice to look forward to if it were happen?

Again, it is up to all of you. But I feel there should be a Dixie for Smash server and the Twitter has a big enough following to advertise it if it were made, just as a way for very passionate and talented Dixie fans to keep in mind. As the last Nintendo All Star, she should at least grow in numbers and have a form of hub to make it show. Just an idea to think about.
Thank you! Shout out to Sabertooth, too. I'm keeping any cash prize, though.

A discord's not a bad idea I suppose. But I can't do it, I don't use Discord and I don't think I have the time to manage that.

Apart from BirthNote, maybe Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 could be a good choice, too, if they are able and willing. TheYungLink TheYungLink and ZeroJanitor ZeroJanitor are also good choices. And many others here. Maybe even you since you brought it up!

It might be good to collaborate on something like that because it sounds like it could be a big undertaking. I don't really know -- Discord experts, any input? Your time has come.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Thank you very much! I don't think I could lead the discord though; I wouldn't have the proper time management skills

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Thank you! Shout out to Sabertooth, too. I'm keeping any cash prize, though.

A discord's not a bad idea I suppose. But I can't do it, I don't use Discord and I don't think I have the time to manage that.

Apart from BirthNote, maybe Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 could be a good choice, too, if they are able and willing. TheYungLink TheYungLink and ZeroJanitor ZeroJanitor are also good choices. And many others here. Maybe even you since you brought it up!

It might be good to collaborate on something like that because it sounds like it could be a big undertaking. I don't really know -- Discord experts, any input? Your time has come.
I like that you thought of me along with Mushroomguy12, BirthNote, and ZeroJanitor. Unfortunately, between college and work, I don't have enough time to properly manage a Discord server.

Top Bottom