• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Did my part by voting for our ponytail girl.
Also I sneaked a vote for the turnabout terror, the twilight princess, the purest bandana boy, the driver of the aegis and psynergy boy.

If you look at the results of the mid-2018 poll
The results are quite funny compared to what we actually got after all the end of pass 1. Only 2/5 of the DLCs got mentioned. No Dragon Quest, Fatal Fury (and Byleth of course, he didn't exist yet) votes at all.

Dixie ended up in 15th place. I think that is still an impressive result when she had :ultkrool: totally overshadowing her. I wonder how will she fare this time around.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
Quickly, see this before Nintendo sends the C&D!

I swear I thought this was a new DK game for a split sec & my heart skipped a beat...
Regardless, we now have a proof of concept for a more linear 3DK fittingly amidst the discussion around a new 3D title.

Last edited:

Strong DK

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone else noticed that radio silence Nintendo is keeping? Almost no news about anything nor new Direct. Last one was like half year ago.
Maybe something big is coming soon, or atleast i want to believe so. We need BotW2, DKC6 and Dixie for Smash news

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Quickly, see this before Nintendo sends the C&D!

I swear I thought this was a new DK game for a split sec & my heart skipped a beat...
Regardless, we now have a proof of concept for a more linear 3DK fittingly amidst the discussion around a new 3D title.
Freaking gorgeous... I remember Nintendo not being happy with LittleBigPlanet users making Mario levels. Long story short they couldn't do anything about it, and since Dreams is made by the same developers I'm sure nothing's gonna stop them this time. As long as the developers themselves don't make these kind of levels, Nintendo's out of luck.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Regarding the SourceGaming Poll posted earlier.

We made the Top 20 two years ago.
For reference, here's the results of the 2018 poll:
I don't know who would be #1 in their poll at all this time. Sora seem obvious enough, but there are a lot of detractors for him so I'm not sure. What will be interesting is seeing which first party characters make it to top 50, because I honestly don't think many of them will be voted. Characters Rex and Pyra and Waluigi might stay, but characters like Dixie Kong and Impa are definitely going to be dropped when we the results.
T'is depressing to think this may actually be the case, but let's do everything in our power to try to prove this wrong, or at the very least let's try to not drop too drastically. If we could make Top 20 two years ago, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do it again, especially with King K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo-Kazooie taken off the board. The last thing we want is a repeat of this.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Regarding the SourceGaming Poll posted earlier.

We made the Top 20 two years ago.

T'is depressing to think this may actually be the case, but let's do everything in our power to try to prove this wrong, or at the very least let's try to not drop too drastically. If we could make Top 20 two years ago, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to do it again, especially with King K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo-Kazooie taken off the board. The last thing we want is a repeat of this.
Well. To start, Byleth's reveal destroyed all the arguments and mentality against first parties that were so prevalent in the Joker to Terry days. Also, this poll ask you to give it six answers. SIX slots where anyone can put most of their favorite requested characters, whether they are 1st or 3rd party and even leave some slots for filler. I even found enough room to fit in all the unique characters I wanted.
I'm sure all the people that actually want Dixie as a character, or even as an echo figher is going to have enough room to fit her in. The next step is to gather all the Dixie or even just DK fans (Ex-K. Rool and Banjo supporters where you at) on social media and tell them to please include her.

So... guests.... yes, you, people looking at this post without an account. Please make sure to vote in the poll and include Dixie in your choices.

We are not even close to the massive support :ultkrool: and :ultbanjokazooie: had and that saddens me. But Dixie is a Nintendo all star and she deserves to be acknowledged as such.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I already participated and I included Dixie Kong as one of my wants. Let's all do the same, everyone.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
3rd Party Competition will be intense, but if nothing else let's at least try to make Top 3 of the 1st Party candidates. We were way too low in the SSBU news poll even among that category. There were some characters that I was just bewildered we got less votes than, in both that poll and the poll for the 1st Fighter's Pass that Source Gaming did a little less than a year ago. If nothing else I do feel with the announcement of the 2nd wave we are in a slightly better position compared to the time period between Joker's reveal and E3 2019. (I noticed much more people were open to her after the September Direct than before).

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
3rd Party Competition will be intense, but if nothing else let's at least try to make Top 3 of the 1st Party candidates. We were way too low in the SSBU news poll even among that category. There were some characters that I was just bewildered we got less votes than, in both that poll and the poll for the 1st Fighter's Pass that Source Gaming did a little less than a year ago. If nothing else I do feel with the announcement of the 2nd wave we are in a slightly better position compared to the time period between Joker's reveal and E3 2019. (I noticed much more people were open to her after the September Direct than before).
I remember the SSBU news poll being declared inaccurate and clickbait for its low amount of votes and the short time to vote. At least this one is lasting a long time and is giving participants several choices.

I like to treat December 2018 to January 2020 as the "Dark Age" for first parties. After just Joker, people still had some hope for First Parties, but Hero, Banjo Kazooie (Despite his legacy he's a Microsoft character) and Terry just demolished any hope people had for 1st parties and that affected their poll popularity greatly, until Byleth came of course.
Now, with a new pass coming in the horizon with a new perspective of choices that Sakurai is going to talk about in his new Famitsu column soon. Depending on what he says, we may be starting fresh or another popularity shift is going to start IMO.
For some reason this polls are always affected by bandwagons and characters that people think they are going to be in rather what they actually want.
I remember Erdrick (Who today we know as the alt 2 and 6 of :ulthero:) suddenly becoming highly voted when "Brave" was leaked and before that literally no one was talking about him.
I'm expecting post-launch spirit'd franchises like Resident Evil and Mii costume'd characters to drop off. Steve to drop off in favor of Master Chief (Because Doom Slayer news and Steve's support practically died after :ultbanjokazooie: got confirmed), many indies like The Knight from Hollow Knight to drop off because of the Mii Costumes with music tracks seem to be their thing now and many first parties to gain more votes because of Byleth breaking the third party only fan rule.

The six slots rule is also a great benefit. "Mmm... what other character do I want? Wait, I like the Donkey Kong games. Why is Dixie Kong still not in?"
The last one is wishful thinking tho. Many people may have more than 6 characters to fill in. I guess if SNES online dropped the DKC Trilogy or a new DK game was announced right now, or heck, even Dixie becoming playable in Mario Kart Tour would start a bandwagon that skyrockets Dixie's votes. But to me that feels dishonest, I would rather she her as a requested character for her legacy as playable in the best DKC games rather than the latest shiny thing to latch on.

Anyway, the second pass characters are already decided, this poll only serves as a measure to see how big the support of our ponytail girl actually is in the core fanbase. No tricks, we will see how many people actually want her when the results come in two months.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
You don't like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, or Super Mario Galaxy 2? I can get why you don't like Sunshine because a lot of people don't but why 64 and Galaxy 2?
I'm not crazy about Mario 64. I know it's one of the most influential games ever, but it hasn't aged too well and isn't as fun as Banjo, imo. Galaxy 2 is pretty great, but I prefer the darker, more dreamlike atmosphere of Galaxy 1.

After Galaxy, my favorite 3D Mario is 3D World.

Mario Galaxy was an amazing game, and did wonders for the 3D platform genre. Shame it didn't include the basic combat options of Mario 64 however. That always bugged me. But I loved Sunshine too, despite also wanting to punch things at times like in Mario 64.
I don't think Galaxy needed more combat options. Mario 64 had them because people weren't accustomed to making precise jumps in 3D yet.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I just filled out the poll. It's my first time participating, and I put Dixie at #1.

My top six most wanted newcomers were:

1. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  2. Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
  3. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  4. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  5. Yooka and Laylee (Yooka-Laylee)
  6. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
My Mii Fighter costumes were:

1. Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie)
  2. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
  3. Shantae (Shantae)
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  5. Chie (Persona 4)

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Do people actually say "Wig Diddy?" I've never heard that, but I'm getting mad just thinking about it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do people actually say "Wig Diddy?" I've never heard that, but I'm getting mad just thinking about it.
Some people are too lazy to look into a game (despite eShops and Youtube being a thing), and will dismiss a character that they're unfamiliar with because of superficial similarities. See also: people who call Terry "Hat Ken", call Bandanna Waddle Dee a "Goomba with a hat", said that K. Rool would be a Bowser clone without the fire breath, or say that Joker is an anime swordsman.

I can't say that I've heard of people calling Dixie "Wig Diddy", but I don't go out of my way to find negative posts about characters.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Some people are too lazy to look into a game (despite eShops and Youtube being a thing), and will dismiss a character that they're unfamiliar with because of superficial similarities. See also: people who call Terry "Hat Ken", call Bandanna Waddle Dee a "Goomba with a hat", said that K. Rool would be a Bowser clone without the fire breath, or say that Joker is an anime swordsman.

I can't say that I've heard of people calling Dixie "Wig Diddy", but I don't go out of my way to find negative posts about characters.
Oh lets not forget the K.Rool is a "Bowser knock-off" or "Rip-off Bowser" that use to get thrown around by his haters during speculation. Even though the only thing the characters have anything even remotely in common is that they are both big reptiles. Thats it...

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Ah. All these ridiculous nicknames reminded me of why I decided to stay away from GameFAQs and never look back. I had enough of people ridiculing your favorite requests just to spite you for no reason.

By the way. Who's in charge of the Dixie for Smash twitter? They haven't posted or retwitted about the Source Gaming Mega Poll yet which I think is a little strange. It's the perfect opportunity to tell the Dixie fans to actually show support.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ah. All these ridiculous nicknames reminded me of why I decided to stay away from GameFAQs and never look back. I had enough of people ridiculing your favorite requests just to spite you for no reason.

By the way. Who's in charge of the Dixie for Smash twitter? They haven't posted or retwitted about the Source Gaming Mega Poll yet which I think is a little strange. It's the perfect opportunity to tell the Dixie fans to actually show support.
I thought they did already.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I thought they did already.

Oh, I didn't notice it, never mind then.
(That image is ironically funny, maybe I didn't find it because I thought it was another meme post).

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah I've seen Wig Diddy tossed around on GameFAQs and I'm sure a couple of people on reddit have said it too.

Pretty dumb TBH but that's the internet at times.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Upcoming tournament featuring characters created in the 1990s.

I know pink beret wearing simian who would fit great in it.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Upcoming tournament featuring characters created in the 1990s.

I know pink beret wearing simian who would fit great in it.

I can imagine the picture of Diddy and Dixie approaching K. Rool with the blunderbuss. It's so 90s.
But why is Young Link allowed and DK not? DK in Smash is practically a 90s character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I can imagine the picture of Diddy and Dixie approaching K. Rool with the blunderbuss. It's so 90s.
But why is Young Link allowed and DK not? DK in Smash is practically a 90s character.
DK technically debuted in the 80s. Pretty sure their going by first appearances, which is why Diddy, K. Rool, and Dixie would be there but not DK, since DK would be dated by his arcade appearance while the other three debuted in the DKC trilogy, it's also why DK appears much earlier than Diddy in All Star Mode in Smash 4 (or later if you play the Wii U version).

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Don't forget "Banjo and Kazooie would be a Duck Hunt echo!"

Honestly, I wish people would just admit they don't like certain characters instead of trying to come up with all sorts of "logical" reasons they "shouldn't" be in Smash. It's okay to just not like something.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Sakurai has confirmed that fighters pass 2 will be the last batch of DLC Ultimate will receive (Im sure a lot of us knew that to be the case). Given the lack of 1st party characters (besides Byleth), the lack of a new DK game on the horizon most likely, and the fact Nintendo always seems to treat DKC and its characters like hot garbage my hope of Dixie being part of the remaining 6 is at an all time low.

Such a shame a character as important as Dixie has not only missed out on Ultimate but 4 other Smash games prior. I would love to be wrong but with Nintendo choosing the DLC characters again I doubt Dixie will be one they would choose. Not to mention Nintendo's choices/taste of characters VASTLY different from my tastes. Given how the only DLC characters I cared about in both Ultimate and Smash 4 were Byleth and Banjo...

https://gonintendo.com/stories/3551...hat-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-support-ends-with

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sakurai has confirmed that fighters pass 2 will be the last batch of DLC Ultimate will receive (Im sure a lot of us knew that to be the case). Given the lack of 1st party characters (besides Byleth), the lack of a new DK game on the horizon most likely, and the fact Nintendo always seems to treat DKC and its characters like hot garbage my hope of Dixie being part of the remaining 6 is at an all time low.

Such a shame a character as important as Dixie has not only missed out on Ultimate but 4 other Smash games prior. I would love to be wrong but with Nintendo choosing the DLC characters again I doubt Dixie will be one they would choose. Not to mention Nintendo's choices/taste of characters VASTLY different from my tastes. Given how the only DLC characters I cared about in both Ultimate and Smash 4 were Byleth and Banjo...

https://gonintendo.com/stories/3551...hat-smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-support-ends-with
If I was the NoJ CEO I would promote and put both Dixie and Krystal in Season Pass 2. At least Sylux has a chance with Prime 4 coming out in the next couple of years and his Spirit still missing from the game. Sylux isn't anywhere near my wanted list, but I would take him over another Fire Emblem or Pokemon character.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987

Well. For this case. I will take a quote from another series I like: The only time we can cry is when it's all over.
Who knows. Expect the unexpected, we can all say that Nintendo doesn't care about DK based on how they ignore everything related to it except for DKC1 and DKCR. But they show genuine care the few few times they actually give something good to DK. I will reserve my judgement based on the Fighter Pack 6. Please be a first party character from a series lacking in representation (Or my biased selfish third party pick named Nick).

For the time being. Let's keep enjoying the Dixie memes and keep praising the DK series like we always do. Have I mentioned that I like Tropical Freeze? Well, I will do it again, because I got 200% again on the Switch version, I will try the Funky mode just for fun and the glorious cutscenes the next time I play it (Because YES, there will be a next time, I'm addicted to this game as much as I'm addicted to DKC2).

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Yeah, part of me was hoping we would, indeed, get a few DLC characters post the first Fighter's Pass that weren't part of a pack, and that Dixie Kong would be one of them. While I'd appreciate new DKC music and a Tropical Freeze stage, at this point I don't need them. That was my reasoning, especially since Piranha Plant is a thing.

But after the confirmation of an entire second pass, and now with the confirmation of no additional non Pass DLC content...my hopes for that possibility have been dashed.

At this point, Dixie Kong's last chance is to be a full fledged Challenger Pack, and right now I'm very pessimistic Nintendo sees all that much potential with her for a full pack.

I won't completely lose hope, however, and I'll still look forward to the possibility of Dixie Kong,

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Yeah, part of me was hoping we would, indeed, get a few DLC characters post the first Fighter's Pass that weren't part of a pack, and that Dixie Kong would be one of them. While I'd appreciate new DKC music and a Tropical Freeze stage, at this point I don't need them. That was my reasoning, especially since Piranha Plant is a thing.

But after the confirmation of an entire second pass, and now with the confirmation of no additional non Pass DLC content...my hopes for that possibility have been dashed.

At this point, Dixie Kong's last chance is to be a full fledged Challenger Pack, and right now I'm very pessimistic Nintendo sees all that much potential with her for a full pack.

I won't completely lose hope, however, and I'll still look forward to the possibility of Dixie Kong,
The worst part is that Dixie can totally have a pack with all the rich content of the DK series that Smash has been ignoring for years. It is the perfect oportunity to redeem the historical horrible representation DK has had in Smash. Smash 4 did the franchise dirty with another Jungle stage (That now got cut) and 8 versions of Jungle Hijinx like it's the only theme the franchise has. In Ultimate it got better with :ultkrool: and the remixes of The Map Page / Bonus Level. Gangplank Galleon, Snakey Chantey and Crocodile Cacophony (OH MY GOD THIS ONE IS SO GOOD) are incredible. But the only 3 DK stages (I refuse to adknowledge that abomination of 75m as a DK stage) are all generic made-up jungle stages with the exception of Kongo Jungle from Smash 64 (Has anyone noticed that Melee's Jungle Japes game icon says Donkey Kong 64? What an incredible lie) and almost nothing from Tropical Freeze. Since DK basically skipped a game content-wise, we are like a Smash game behind all the other franchises (And a certain franchise feels like 2 games ahead of everyone else).

I'm going to quote myself from almost a month ago to demostrate how good a Dixie character pack would be:
Well. Thinking positively. It's confirmed that every pack in the second round will still have a stage and a lot of new music.
If Dixie makes it in. This is my dream character pack.

Dixie Kong's Character Pack:

something something spirits deconfirm something something
Just take the Rare render and call it a day:
View attachment 258447

Grassland Groove

It's like Poké Floats. Where the stage changes to different settings while the fight happens.
It should show the dancing trees, the platforms made by natives, the piñata Giraffes, the mechanical snake platforms and then it loops.

Please bring David Wise on board if it ever happens. Grant Kirkhope got his chance so Wise needs to delight us with his godly remix in Smash too.

Grassland Groove
Mining Melancholy - New Remix
Forest Interlude - New Remix
Krook's March
Nuts and Bolts
Rockface Rumble - New Remix
Big Boss Blues - New Remix. This song sounds surpringly good if its given an appropiate touch-up like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a59JJetdDxM
Big Top Bop
Scorch N' Torch
Punch Bowl
Volcano Dome

Improving upon perfection: The theme of this route is fighting characters that also debuted in a direct sequel. While we also pay tribute to the sequel game in question. The exception is the last fight.
Round 1: VS Ness on Fourside
Round 2: VS Meta Knight on Fountain of Dreams
Round 3: VS Pichu on Pokémon Stadium 2
Round 4: VS Wolf on Venom
Round 5: VS Wario on Peach's Castle
Round 6: VS weak Giga Bowser on FD (Technically debuted in Melee)
Boss: VS Giant King K. Rool on Grassland Groove. You team up with DK and Diddy Kong

If you have completed also the classic modes of DK and Diddy, then you get this nice bonus spirit.

Kong Trio:
View attachment 258448

Looking at the spirits in the base game. We have the Kong members. But some animal buddies are missing and a ton of recurrent enemies are missing as well. But I prefer another take....
Choose some bosses from DKC2, DKC3 and Tropical Freeze (Not Returns, because Dixie is not playable there) and make a spirit board based on all the challenges Dixie herself has had to beat in her games appearances.

- Krow: Black Giant Falco on Pirate Ship (They could make the Ship stay in the sky), make Falco come back invisible after dying.
- Kleever: Some invisible giant Fire Emblem character I guess, on Norfair. Invisible Bowser Jr will help you shooting cannon balls.
- Kudgel: Gray King K. Rool on Distant Planet, earthquakes happen often.
- Arich: Giant Bowser on Garden of Hope. Bowser has help from the Pong Assist Trophy.
- KAOS: Giant R.O.B. on Shadow Moses Island. Beware of the laser spam.
- Bleak: Black/White Dedede on Summit. Beware of the Gordo tennis game.
- Pompy: Blue Yoshi on Living Room. Mini green Greninjas also come to annoy you.
- Skowl: Blue Ridley on Umbra Clock Tower. Eggs spawn often.
- Ba-Boom: Three Diddy Kongs on Grassland Groove. They come back invisible after dying. You only have to kill the three when they are visible to win.
- Bashmaster: I wish we could use Banjo-Kazooie but DLC is forbidden on spirits outside of its own package. Giant Dedede spamming Up B and F-Smash it is.

If the player doesn't have Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolesnstein and Lord Fredrik I guess they could show up in the board too.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The worst part is that Dixie can totally have a pack with all the rich content of the DK series that Smash has been ignoring for years. It is the perfect oportunity to redeem the historical horrible representation DK has had in Smash. Smash 4 did the franchise dirty with another Jungle stage (That now got cut) and 8 versions of Jungle Hijinx like it's the only theme the franchise has. In Ultimate it got better with :ultkrool: and the remixes of The Map Page / Bonus Level. Gangplank Galleon, Snakey Chantey and Crocodile Cacophony (OH MY GOD THIS ONE IS SO GOOD) are incredible. But the only 3 DK stages (I refuse to adknowledge that abomination of 75m as a DK stage) are all generic made-up jungle stages with the exception of Kongo Jungle from Smash 64 (Has anyone noticed that Melee's Jungle Japes game icon says Donkey Kong 64? What an incredible lie) and almost nothing from Tropical Freeze. Since DK basically skipped a game content-wise, we are like a Smash game behind all the other franchises (And a certain franchise feels like 2 games ahead of everyone else).

I'm going to quote myself from almost a month ago to demostrate how good a Dixie character pack would be:
Yeah, I'm aware it CAN be good. But, like I said, it's up to Nintendo to see that in a potential Dixie Kong inclusion. And right now I don't think that will happen.

I would love to be surprised by Dixie being one of the Challenger Packs, but I'm not necessarily getting my hopes up.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The sad thing is even if we didn't get Byleth (to prove 1st party characters have a chance) I would have still held out hope for Dixie Kong in the next fighters pass if Nintendo had not have constantly let me down as a DK fan over the years.

- No DKC trilogy on the SNES online app still yet we get niche filler games no one gives a crap about before 3 of the best selling games on the Super Nintendo..

- 3DS getting no new exclusive DK game. All it got was a port of Returns despite the 3DS being incredibly successful with a long lifespan and multiple franchises getting multiple new titles.

- Currently no new DK game announced for Switch and we are now in the longest hiatus between new DK games ever. For all we know Switch could end up like the 3DS and Tropical Freeze is all we get.

- No merch at the Nintendo Tokyo Store for DK which is appalling for Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise.

- Removing K.Rool and Kremlings from Jungle Beat, Returns, and Tropical Freeze. Making K.Rool go on a 10 year hiatus and ONLY bringing him back because fan demand got too big to ignore.

- Lack of DK characters in Mario spin-offs besides DK & Diddy.

- Destroying the DK brand identity during the GCN days and giving DK nothing but crap spin-offs and gimmicky bongo games.

- Leaving off DKC2 and DKC3 on the SNES mini

- Terrible treatment in Smash when it comes to items, assist trophies, stage variety, music selection, adding more than 1 new character every 10 years or so..

- Not creating a dedicated team/studio within Nintendo to focus on making mostly DK games (Retro doesn't count). Nintendo clearly has enough money to hire people and make a dedicated studio for DK so we dont have to continually go through long droughts with nothing but ports in between releases. Not like Im asking Nintendo to make a studio dedicated to making F-Zero games...you know you're gonna make your money back with DK as long as you stick to everything people liked about the Rare/Retro games.

I Love Nintendo but man it sucks being as huge of a DK fan as I am. Wish Nintendo loved and respected the series as much as I do (Hey at least he gets his own Theme Park next year). Anyway I promise this will be my last "negative nancy" post.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The sad thing is even if we didn't get Byleth (to prove 1st party characters have a chance) I would have still held out hope for Dixie Kong in the next fighters pass if Nintendo had not have constantly let me down as a DK fan over the years.

- No DKC trilogy on the SNES online app still yet we get niche filler games no one gives a crap about before 3 of the best selling games on the Super Nintendo..

- 3DS getting no new exclusive DK game. All it got was a port of Returns despite the 3DS being incredibly successful with a long lifespan and multiple franchises getting multiple new titles.

- Currently no new DK game announced for Switch and we are now in the longest hiatus between new DK games ever. For all we know Switch could end up like the 3DS and Tropical Freeze is all we get.

- No merch at the Nintendo Tokyo Store for DK which is appalling for Nintendo's 5th best selling franchise.

- Removing K.Rool and Kremlings from Jungle Beat, Returns, and Tropical Freeze. Making K.Rool go on a 10 year hiatus and ONLY bringing him back because fan demand got too big to ignore.

- Lack of DK characters in Mario spin-offs besides DK & Diddy.

- Destroying the DK brand identity during the GCN days and giving DK nothing but crap spin-offs and gimmicky bongo games.

- Leaving off DKC2 and DKC3 on the SNES mini

- Terrible treatment in Smash when it comes to items, assist trophies, stage variety, music selection, adding more than 1 new character every 10 years or so..

- Not creating a dedicated team/studio within Nintendo to focus on making mostly DK games (Retro doesn't count). Nintendo clearly has enough money to hire people and make a dedicated studio for DK so we dont have to continually go through long droughts with nothing but ports in between releases. Not like Im asking Nintendo to make a studio dedicated to making F-Zero games...you know you're gonna make your money back with DK as long as you stick to everything people liked about the Rare/Retro games.

I Love Nintendo but man it sucks being as huge of a DK fan as I am. Wish Nintendo loved and respected the series as much as I do (Hey at least he gets his own Theme Park next year). Anyway I promise this will be my last "negative nancy" post.
I think Nintendo only cares about DK not DKC. DK being one of Miyamoto's babies that put him on the map alongside Mario is the reason Nintendo will bring up DK. DKC to me has just as big of a legacy but has been ignored by the big N since Rare left in 2002.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I think Nintendo only cares about DK not DKC. DK being one of Miyamoto's babies that put him on the map alongside Mario is the reason Nintendo will bring up DK. DKC to me has just as big of a legacy but has been ignored by the big N since Rare left in 2002.
Kind of ironic that I remember during Smash 4 days a lot of people claimed Sakurai was against Dkc but in every other installment of Smash he seems to show a bit more respect for the series compared to others parts of Nintendo (outside of Retro Studios) by treating it more as it's own series rather than just part of the Mario franchise, granted it certainly could be better than it is now but I'm willing to be grateful about what we got particularly with Brawl and Ultimate.

Top Bottom