• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Divine Muses: Armada's Top 3 Inspirational Smashers

Armada_top_3.png

Though it might be hard to believe, even top players like Super Smash Bros. Melee god Adam “Armada” Lindgren started off knowing next to nothing about the game. But thanks to his passion and dedication, Armada has been able to grapple to the top of the Melee totem pole after years of continuous practice — not an easy feat by any means, and one that requires a true love for the game. Throughout the years, Armada has undoubtedly had his lows and questioned his capabilities, perhaps even debating giving up his dream to be the best. Nonetheless, other players have encouraged him to continue striving for greatness.

So where does our hero get his inspiration? Armada acknowledges players from around the world who are not exclusively members of the Melee community. His reasons range from their pure devotion to the game despite seemingly unwavering adversity, to their technical creativity and ingenuity. To find out who’s motivated Armada throughout his career, watch the video below:

Which Smashers do you find most inspirational? Tell us in the comments!

Last edited:
EmaLeigh "$$$$" O'Neal

Comments

My 3 have to be,
Isai, because he was the underdog in most tournaments, and only won when he was having fun or had someone to fight for.
Amsa, for his amazing use of Yoshi and pushing his character up the tier list single handed.
and Abate for his use of Luigi and his fluid movements and control of his character. I strive to be more like all 3 of these smashers.

My top 3?
Mang0
Tsu
Salem

I've always been a die-hard C9 fan, from LoL to CS:GO, then on to Smash Melee with Mang0
Tsu is my role model in terms of a Lucario main, and his preformance and Frostbite 2017 set me on my path into competitive LoL
Salem is by far one of the best up and comers and his use of Bayo in the competitive scene and his near-victory against ZeRo at the BIG10 gave me more love for the game.

D
Just as gospel and church music heavily inspired me since 1965, any Smasher who mains the same characters as me give me the motivation to practice on the regular with them. That said, I'm staying away from competitive play. I want to learn as much as I can so that I can sequester myself from the casual players. Anyways, my top 3 for each of my mains are as follows:
  • :rosalina: - Xaltis, Yuzu, Kirihara
  • :4peach: - Samsora, Umeki, Kie
  • :4bayonetta2: - ikep, Chavo, Lima, Calculus (okay, I chose these guys since they prefer Bayo 1 over Bayo 2 but nevertheless they're my inspiration)

Sayonara :kirby:

May as well post mines, even if 2 of them aren't top level:
:4dedede: Girthquake: I am constantly trying to drop my best character, but the fact I've been watching his inspirational for every Dedede main clips since 2015 kept pushing me on, even before I started trying to drop him after realising how trash he is.
:4mewtwo:WaDi: has shown that you can do great even without labbing too much, but when he started labbing it really showed how it opened the doors for even better improvement. His playstyle still amazes me.
:4mewtwo:KillerJawz: Taught me the important of analyzing and talks in great depths in his videos.

There's likely more but these are the ones on top of my head that kept me going and are decently known (Maybe not KillerJawz as much)

EDIT: Oh just realised the date, well enjoy the list for whoever sees this lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom