• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dive kick thingie.

ted dorosheff

Smash Apprentice
Do a flipjump then when you are very close to the ground, maybe 2-4 frames off the ground, execute the dive kick. What happens is the plummeting-through-the-air part of the "dive kick" is eliminated because of the close proximity to the ground. ZSS will still do the ground impacting kick, but if done correctly there is no animation or sound of her diving downwards. If you do it in rapid succession is makes ZSS seem like she weighs a lot, because all you hear is the jump and thud of her hitting the ground.

Not sure if there is any practical use or benefit of doing this, but it sounds cool. Maybe on a stage with platforms it might serve a purpose - flipping up through the platform and then kicking right when you pass the floor of the platform. Idk, i just like finding these kinds of things with ZSS.

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman
It's essentially useless, unfortunately. Because you go into the endlag animation before you gain any momentum from the kick, it is impossible to edge cancel it which means that you have to go through the entire ending animation before you can do anything. It does have that little earthquake hitbox that comes with the down-b ground collision, but you're in so much endlag that I don't think that you can follow up on it.

Maybe you can at absurd %s, though. I think that hitbox has really low KBG. That'd be super swaggin' if that were possible.

Top Bottom