• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dive, Discover, Dream. Endless Ocean In Smash (Made by Cetus and Captain Shades)

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
That seems about right. That said, what would you choose as EO's 4 Spirits?
Out of those I listed? Oof, tough one.
Probably Oceane, Jean-Eric, the Dolphin Partners and the White Mother. Maybe replace either the Dolphins or Jean-Eric with Thanatos, but I think the first selection sums up the series pretty well.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Okay, so I did some digging and found out Endless Ocean's ONLY mention in the entire series is in Brawl.

In SSB Ultimate, Arika had minor representation in the from of the Dragon Battle music form AR Games and the Tetrimino Spirits from Tetris 99, both of which Arika developed, but Endless Ocean was only seen in the Chronicle listing for Brawl.
At the time of Brawl's release, EO1 was Japan exclusive. EO1 released in Japan August 2007, and Brawl launched January 2008. EO2 wouldn't be released until 2009.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Would be cool to fight Thanatos or The Okeanos Guardian (giant mutated goblin shark) as a boss.

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I'm gonna pitch a Classic Mode route.

Diver Route: Dive. Discover. Dream.
Themed around characters who use water moves or are based on sea creatures.
Round 1: :ultsquirtle:| Kongo Falls | ♪ Diving 05
Round
2: :ultmario:| Delfino Plaza | ♪ Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean)
Round 3: :ultgreninja:| Tortimer Island | ♪ Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean 2)
Round 4: :ultpacman::ultgnw:| Great Bay | ♪ Aquarium
Round 5: :ultkrool::ultvillager:| Pirate Ship | ♪ Gabbiano Day
Round 6: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:| Wuhu Island | ♪ Nineball Island Day
Bonus Round
Final Round: Giga Bowser

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm gonna pitch a Classic Mode route.

Diver Route: Dive. Discover. Dream.
Themed around characters who use water moves or are based on sea creatures.
Round 1: :ultsquirtle:| Kongo Falls | ♪ Diving 05
Round
2: :ultmario:| Delfino Plaza | ♪ Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean)
Round 3: :ultgreninja:| Tortimer Island | ♪ Dolphin Training (Endless Ocean 2)
Round 4: :ultpacman::ultgnw:| Great Bay | ♪ Aquarium
Round 5: :ultkrool::ultvillager:| Pirate Ship | ♪ Gabbiano Day
Round 6: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:| Wuhu Island | ♪ Nineball Island Day
Bonus Round
Final Round: Giga Bowser
Nice take on a Diver's Classic route! Say, do you feel like this could just as easily apply for Oceana?

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Nice take on a Diver's Classic route! Say, do you feel like this could just as easily apply for Oceana?
Absolutely. You could apply pretty much everything from the Diver to Oceane, it just depends if you want the Player character or not.
With that said, Ring Fit just got Spirited away too, so Endless Ocean has less competition now. ^^

RedAceBrawler

Smash Rookie
Sorry for finding this so late, I've been a big fan of EO for a long time and I'd absolutely love to see some representation of it in Smash. But I think a character maybe is too much to ask for, it would be great, of course, but I see it unlikely.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
By the way, I totally love this edit but there's a little mistake, DLC spirits can't have more than one legend spirit which will always have a totally unique ability not found in any other spirit, or at least this has been the rule for the last pack
While both of those are trends in DLC packs, the image I made was not in any way meant to be definitive, more like a taste of what an EO Spirit Board might look like.
I don't believe these things are rules, per se, but that wasn't really the point of the Board to begin with.

RedAceBrawler

Smash Rookie
While both of those are trends in DLC packs, the image I made was not in any way meant to be definitive, more like a taste of what an EO Spirit Board might look like.
I don't believe these things are rules, per se, but that wasn't really the point of the Board to begin with.
Ok, I understand, sorry if I seemed picky.
I think that if EO has any opportunity that would be in the form of an event, at least if the series doesn't have a third entry that could boost its popularity.
I actually got a friend of mine to play it recently and she's loving so that's something I guess.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
In case people are still unsure, Endless Ocean is credited to both Nintendo & Arika. Here's a screenshot from Arika's official website with Dr. Mario listed below.
1585767512208.png

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
You should add Katherine Sunday as she was an important figure of the 1st game.
If I did another page she'd probably be a Novice Support, but I thought the Dolphin Partners and White Mother were enough to represent the first game. Katherine doesn't really fall above those two for me personally.

4ZURE

Smash Cadet
Kinda sad to see this series consistently fall into the background. I wish it had a cult following at the very least. Endless Ocean is pretty dead now I guess, though some YouTube comments on Nintendo’s page give me hope as some where excited over an indie that looked like EO by the thumbnail.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Kinda sad to see this series consistently fall into the background. I wish it had a cult following at the very least. Endless Ocean is pretty dead now I guess, though some YouTube comments on Nintendo’s page give me hope as some where excited over an indie that looked like EO by the thumbnail.
Being dead has never stopped an inclusion. ^^

Top Bottom