• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Distant Planet: New Pikmin Stage

courte

Smash Lord
a) i hope this spawns a new pikmin, which should be awesome and hopefully :cough:stealabitfromlittlebigplanet:cough:
b) this is def one of those things we need to see in action!! pictures don't do it justice!!

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
One of the neatest stages yet.

In melee I found myself using the more plain/stationary stages, but w/ Brawl I'm excited about all the unique/dynamic ones.

a) i hope this spawns a new pikmin, which should be awesome and hopefully :cough:stealabitfromlittlebigplanet:cough:
b) this is def one of those things we need to see in action!! pictures don't do it justice!!

Steal what from LittleBigPlanet?

simplicityho

Smash Journeyman
I really like the shallow DOF.
I wish that Brawl would actually make the graphics look realistic, eg DOF, lighting, blur, grain in dark places, etc.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
@XCWarrior even though you are correct on how it isn't an actual area from either Pikmin, it mostly resembles the Awakening Wood from Pikmin 2. The biggest hint is the cloaking burrow-nit* which only appeared in Pikmin 2. Another tip off is the foliage and the flower pots (there were multiple in AW, but scarce in tFoH). However since the Awakening Wood and the Forest of Hope are technically the same area in both games (just renamed because the region varied in terrain and climate), you could say Sakurai had both in mind.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I only got through about 3-4 days/stages in both games, and even though I have a photographic memory, this didn't look similar to anything. And I've noticed that Sakurai has a habit of taking stuff from the original game in a series unless he notes otherwise. But good observation for sure. I repeated myself at one point, totally off-topic, but I chalk that up to rushing because I had to get other stuff done but wanted to get this out.

I see no bashing comments in here, of course because I'm not talking about the delay, lol

M.K

Level 55
Ooh, I didn't see the Cloaking Burrownit in the Background, however, it never seems to eat my Pikmin in the game (easy to kill)

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
The party and the Krikkit warship looked, in their writhings, a little like two ducks, on of which is trying to make a third duck inside the second duck, while the second duck is trying very hard to explain that it doesn't feel ready for a third duck right now, is uncertain that it would want any putative third duck to be made by this particular first duck anyway, and certainly not while it, the second duck, was busy flying.- Life, the Universe, and Everything

Finally! I was able to post. While I am disturbed by another delay, the fact that Challenges, Distant Planet, Shiek, and the fact that I don't have to decide whether I'll play One Piece: Unlimited Adventure or Super Smash Bros. Brawl makes up for it. Remember, no game is complete, no matter how completely not One Piece it is, without Luffy.

regorris

Smash Apprentice
I love this stage. It looks beautiful, and very unique. The updates have been so good lately that I honestly am not very upset about the delay. It will kinda suck having to wait 4 more weeks, but the fact that this game has been delayed not once but TWICE, whereas Melee was rushed but still excellent, means that this game will be the greatest thing ever. Delayed games are ALWAYS amazing when they come out. Just remember that.

Which brings me to this:

:confused: wtf, over?
I'm a software developer by trade, so, when I hear about stuff like this, I know all too well what kind of mayhem is going on, regardless of cause for the delay. Now, I hope that the game is complete when it gets released... but if the delay was over a balance issue, they stand a good chance to make matters worse before they make stuff better. Now, if the delay were over a much less PIVOTAL and more POLISH, that's fine, dandy, and welcome.

As we say in the 'biz, "The enemy of 'good' is 'better'." Now you can say this means that something better will always trump something good, or you can say that trying to make things better when they are already good will tend to just mess things up. This is my primary philosophy, which is at conflict with my secondary philosophy "Rome was not built in a single day." But, eh, what's life without conflict.

...Man, I got off topic...

Aaaanyway... I suppose it'll be alright... this will give me more time to go wii-hunting. (that came out wrong). And, utimately, what makes the Smash team happy, makes me happy.

Top Bottom