• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Distant Day's Promise... - A Smashing Brave New World! Reiji and Xiaomu crosses paths in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! (Project X Zone / Namco X Capcom)

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Welcome to the 1st official Support Thread of Reiji and Xiaomu!!!

Wait, What? Who are them? Where are they from?
Reiji and Xiaomu are the main characters from the CROSS Series, also known as Namco X Capcom or Project X Zone, a crossover tactical role-playing game developed by Banpresto and Monolith Soft, featuring characters from Bandai Namco, CAPCOM and SEGA (since the 2nd installment, Project X Zone). The narrative sees Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu, operatives for paranormal investigative group Shinra, confront distortions bringing characters from other realities into their own, opposed by Ouma, a group dedicated to causing chaos, with their main rival being Ouma operative Saya.

W-What!? That game is really a THING???
Yes, yes it is, just take a look at this:
As you can see, it's a reality. The Series has had 3 Games in total, most of them being on Nintendo Consoles, the 1st one being Namco X Capcom for Playstation 2, and the 2nd and 3rd ones being Project X Zone 1 and 2 for 3DS. Though they've also appeared on Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier and Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier EXCEED for the DS.
The games reception has been really positive through the years, and they have sold well in each installment.

Ok, i get it, it sounds awesome but why they should be in Smash??? What they could bring with them???
They could bring interesting concepts and abilities to Smash, and make a good pick for the Next Fighter Pass. To begin with, there is a mechanic in the series where each unit is made up of two characters, one of them being Reiji and Xiamu of course, so they could be represented like that, with the CROSS mechanic where you can paralize the enemy, and moveset-wise...
Reiji is a practitioner of "Gogyo Sword Drawing," which involves the rapid drawing and then sheathing again of his swords, he fights using the flaming Japanese sword "Karin," the lightning-calling sword "Chirai," the ice blade "Sorin," a shotgun called "Hollywood" and a magnum called "Gold," meanwhile Xiaomu uses a swordstick called "Suiren" and two pistols called "Silver" and "Platinum," she also uses various mystical arts, talismans, divination (Since she is a "Sage Fox," a type of vulpine monster) and even professional wrestling. You can see a lot of moveset potential with this, and here's an idea of it (made originally by meleebrawler meleebrawler ):
Reiji takes point while Xiaomu acts as an assist for Specials and Smash Attacks. She can be hit to interrupt those moves and even get KO'ed through damage if it happens too much, only coming back after a stock is lost. Whenever Reiji and Xiaomu hit an enemy at the same time, a Cross Hit occurs, locking the enemy in place for more combos for a limited time. And if they're hit with enough knockback in this state, you trigger a Cross Break that amplifies the knockback and damage of the hit.

Jab: A punch and kick followed by a series of quick slashes from Chirai.
FTilt: Two slashes, one from Sorin followed by Karin.
UTilt: A diagonal shot from Hollywood.
DTilt: A low slash from Sorin that can freeze.
FSmash: Reiji slashes the enemy with a quick combination of Karin and Sorin multiple times.
USmash: Three quick slashes of Chirai overhead.
DSmash: An unusually long attack where Reiji and Xiaomu unloads their guns in multiple directions.
Nair: Swings the carrying case around.
Fair: Fires Gold forward a few times, with some recoil. Alternatively he performs a kick.
Bair: A powerful but somewhat slow swing of Karin backwards.
Uair: Juggles the enemy with Gold shots.
Dair: Drills downward with Sorin. Alternatively, slams Karin down to earth with an explosion like Sanger's attack in Project X Zone.

Neutral Special: Xiaomu shoots a short wave of water forward quickly. Alternatively she fires a wave of beams from her finger.
Side Special: With tilt input, Xiaomu leaps towards the enemy with her rear, doing good shield damage. With smash input, she tries to grab the enemy for a suplex, jumping back with another rear-end attack if she misses after a delay.
Up Special: Xiaomu creates a tower of ice that can pin enemies in place, before she surfs forward on a wave, dragging enemies along. If Reiji isn't occupied with an attack, he'll stand on top of the tower, and can choose to jump off of it or ride the following wave with Xiaomu.
Down Special: Tornado Kata, where Xiaomu spins like a top while firing her guns. Alternatively she just drop some bombs of a short range.
*The Specials can be used to summon her even if Reiji is performing another attack, to provide cover or pressure. Only limitations are being in hitstun and that Xiaomu has to finish one of her moves before being summoned for another.

Final Smash: In this case they will execute 2 different Final Smashes, depending if they trap one or multiple enemies with a Magic Seal. The 1st Final Smash is called "Shinra Bansho: Ultimate", where they attack a single enemy with a combination of various Weapons and Magic, ending with a final blow.
The 2nd Final Smash is called "Mystic Fox Neutralize Technique: Fox Lord Seal" where they hit 2 or more enemies, and Xiaomu steals the spotlight dealing different cuts to the enemies, meanwhile her cosplays differently with each cut, and finally break the seal as she wears a wedding dress.

0:57 1st Final Smash "Shinra Bansho: Ultimate" / 1:15 2nd Final Smash "Mystic Fox Neutralize Technique: Fox Lord Seal"

The 1st one deals more damage, meanwhile the 2nd one gives the same amount of damage for each enemy.
Also they could give more representation to Bandai Namco in Smash, since their series is features a lot of content from other Bamco franchises that they could apply in Smash without legal issues, and despite the colaboration between Bamco and Nintendo in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Ultimate we only have PAC-MAN....
And the Music of the Series, meanwhile most of them are remixes of themes of other games the original ones are really on fire, specially the Opening themes like "Brave New World", "All the Worlds Stage"or "Wing Wanderer", just listen:
Some time ago, i made a "What-if" Challenger Pack of the Fighter Pass for Reiji and Xiaomu, so please, take a look:
Stage: Shibuya
View attachment 247440
The place where the distortions are all around there... No one knows what will happen next...
Music:
- Brave New World (Namco X Capcom)
- Arisu in Fluxtown (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- The Trail to Victory (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Fierce-Battle-Before-Night (Namco X Capcom)
- Everything is in the Fight/Everything is Within Battle (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Ouma Profusion/Evil Profusion (Namco X Capcom)
- Someday, Under the Moon (Namco X Capcom)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Wing Wanderer (Project X Zone)
- Mysterious Project (ver. SP) (Project X Zone)
- Rising Stage (Project X Zone)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Wanderer's Road (ver. SP) (Project X Zone)
- Brave Parade (Project X Zone)
- Hard Time (Project X Zone)
- All the World's Stage (Project X Zone 2)
- New World Project (Project X Zone 2)
- Pulsing Earth (Project X Zone 2)
- Moonlight Curtain Call (Project X Zone 2)
*Also they can put Songs and/or Spirits from other Bamco games too, like Terry with SNK Music, specifically the ones who had been already represented or involved in the CROSS Series*
- ROCKS (Super Robot Wars OG)(Original / Project X Zone ver.)
- The Sword That Cleaves Evil (Super Robot Wars OG)(Original / Project X Zone ver.)
- All Correct! (ver. SP)(Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
- ASH TO ASH (Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
- Flawless Dream of the Full Moon Skies (Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
- Dance-Battle-All-Night (Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Endless Frontier)
- Yo****sune (The Genji and the Heike Clans)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Bravoman (Bravoman)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- After Transformation BGM (Wonder Momo)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- DIG DUG II (Dig Dug II)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Bay Yard (Burning Force)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Stepping Wind (Klonoa 2)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Main Theme (Return of Ishtar)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Brave Sword, Braver Soul (Soul Calibur)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Main Theme (The Legend of Valkyrie)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Battle (Xenosaga Episode I)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Opening (Tekken 3)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Opening (Tekken Tag Tournament)(Namco X Capcom ver.)
- Stairs of Time (.hack//)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- Ring a Bell (Tales of Vesperia)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)
- F.A.T.E. (God Eater)(Project X Zone 2 ver.)

Spirits:
- Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu (Player)
- Saya (Advanced)
View attachment 247582
- Dokugozu and Dokumezu (Ace)
View attachment 247583
- Nine Nine (Legend)
View attachment 247584
- Kogoro Tensai and Mii Koriuji (Ace)
View attachment 247585
View attachment 247586
- Chizuru Urashima (Novice)
View attachment 247587
- Valkyrie (Ace)
View attachment 247589
- Taizo Hori (Dig Dug)(Ace)
View attachment 247590
- Taira no Kagekiyo (Ace)
View attachment 247591
- KOS-MOS (Advanced)
View attachment 247592
- Klonoa (Ace)
View attachment 247593
- Jin Kazama (Ace)
View attachment 247594
- Bravo-Man (Ace)
View attachment 247597
- Wonder Momo (Ace)
View attachment 247598

Mii Costumes:
- Wonder Momo Suit and Helmet (Mii Brawler)
- Gilgamesh Armor (Returning)(Mii Swordfighter)
View attachment 247600
- Heihaichi Mishima (Returning)(Mii Brawler)
View attachment 247601
- Lloyd Irving (Returning)(Mii Swordfighter)
View attachment 247602
- KOS-MOS Suit (Mii Gunner)
- Taizo Hori Suit and Helmet (Mii Gunner)

You could say this series are very niche, specially considering that Namco X Capcom never came out of Japan, but as Sakurai said "It's more important that a character is fun to play as in Smash than being recognizable, and to show its legacy's appeal through that fun gameplay."

Thanks for reading everyone!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Project X Zone was a really great game!

Would be cool to see content from it in Smash.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
They'd be pretty awesome, it'd be cool to have another duo character, and since they're mostly in crossovers, it'd only make sense to have them in another.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
So... If someday Bandai announces Project X Zone 3 what characters from new series would you like to see?
I'll start:
SEGA
- Persona 2/3/4 Main Characters (Pair/Solo Units)
- Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)(Pair/Solo Unit)
- Bayonetta (Pair Unit with Dante)
- Beat (JetSet Radio)(Pair Unit with Ulala/Solo Unit)
- Jacky Briant (Virtua Fighter)(Pair Unit with Akira/Solo Unit)

CAPCOM
- Cody (Final Fight/Street Fighter)(Pair Unit with Axel Stone)
- Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney)(Pair Unit with Phoenix Wright/Solo Unit with Athena Cykes)

- Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)(Solo Unit)
- Hayato (Star Gladiators)(Solo Unit/Pair Unit with June)
- Sissel (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective)(Solo Unit)

BAMCO
- Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)(Pair Unit with Yuri/Solo Unit)
- Rick (Splatterhouse)(Solo Unit)

All of this are just ideas, what are your toughts?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So... If someday Bandai announces Project X Zone 3 what characters from new series would you like to see?
I'll start:
SEGA
- Persona 2/3/4 Main Characters (Pair/Solo Units)
- Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog)(Pair/Solo Unit)
- Bayonetta (Pair Unit with Dante)
- Beat (JetSet Radio)(Pair Unit with Ulala/Solo Unit)
- Jacky Briant (Virtua Fighter)(Pair Unit with Akira/Solo Unit)

CAPCOM
- Cody (Final Fight/Street Fighter)(Pair Unit with Axel Stone)
- Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney)(Pair Unit with Phoenix Wright/Solo Unit with Athena Cykes)

- Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)(Solo Unit)
- Hayato (Star Gladiators)(Solo Unit/Pair Unit with June)
- Sissel (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective)(Solo Unit)

BAMCO
- Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)(Pair Unit with Yuri/Solo Unit)
- Rick (Splatterhouse)(Solo Unit)

All of this are just ideas, what are your toughts?
I'm really hoping 3 can take the next step and fully implement Nintendo universes in the mix. It seems like they really want to.

The fact that Metal Face and his goons have a position in the final battle of Project X Zone 2, alongside one boss from each company despite being merely a "guest" is a pretty significant honour.

There's so much that could be done with Nintendo characters. Continue the tradition of Yuri getting into a duel with Meta Knight on his Halberd. Have Ridley team up with Firebrand (Demon's Crest) for mutual revenge against Phalanx (he could end up casting a shrinking curse on Ridley to explain his playable size), Olimar & his Pikmin with Tron Bonne and her Servbots, the funny misadventures of Devilotte & Viridi with their conflicting emotions on their rivals...

Good series to add would be Monster Hunter from Capcom and Golden Axe from Sega.

Yeah, I'm a fan.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I'm really hoping 3 can take the next step and fully implement Nintendo universes in the mix. It seems like they really want to.

The fact that Metal Face and his goons have a position in the final battle of Project X Zone 2, alongside one boss from each company despite being merely a "guest" is a pretty significant honour.

There's so much that could be done with Nintendo characters. Continue the tradition of Yuri getting into a duel with Meta Knight on his Halberd. Have Ridley team up with Firebrand (Demon's Crest) for mutual revenge against Phalanx (he could end up casting a shrinking curse on Ridley to explain his playable size), Olimar & his Pikmin with Tron Bonne and her Servbots, the funny misadventures of Devilotte & Viridi with their conflicting emotions on their rivals...

Good series to add would be Monster Hunter from Capcom and Golden Axe from Sega.

Yeah, I'm a fan.
Finally, someone who fully understands me!!! Though the only Nintendo franchises i can see being added are Metroid, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, and even Starfox.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Finally, someone who fully understands me!!! Though the only Nintendo franchises i can see being added are Metroid, Kid Icarus, F-Zero, and even Starfox.
I get it, the series has a distinct aesthetic that generally only fits anime-style humans. I've seen what they did with Taizo Hori (Dig-Dug). Well, there's a first time for everything. Tarosuke is already a notable outlier with his chibi appearance.

Then again, they could always dig for the truly obscure if they really need to be consistent...

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I get it, the series has a distinct aesthetic that generally only fits anime-style humans. I've seen what they did with Taizo Hori (Dig-Dug). Well, there's a first time for everything. Tarosuke is already a notable outlier with his chibi appearance.

Then again, they could always dig for the truly obscure if they really need to be consistent...
Well, i don't know how they could pull that with Olimar, but i admit it sounds interesting to see.
I just wish they could release all the soundtrack from the last games...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, i don't know how they could pull that with Olimar, but i admit it sounds interesting to see.
I just wish they could release all the soundtrack from the last games...
I do have a soundtrack CD of the first Project X Zone. Despite not really knowing over half the series included it was the first game I felt compelled to pre-order.

I'm more familiar with Capcom stuff for some reason, so I'm alternatively hoping for a Nintendo vs. Capcom if some series can't work here. I suppose the age ratings, language and fanservice are other reasons Nintendo wouldn't want Mario anywhere near it...

Pokemon is kind of a grey area where it's usually kid-friendly, but the manga at least gets much more serious. I'd vouch for a Cynthia/Steven team using their ace Pokemon Garchomp and Metagross.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I do have a soundtrack CD of the first Project X Zone. Despite not really knowing over half the series included it was the first game I felt compelled to pre-order.

I'm more familiar with Capcom stuff for some reason, so I'm alternatively hoping for a Nintendo vs. Capcom if some series can't work here. I suppose the age ratings, language and fanservice are other reasons Nintendo wouldn't want Mario anywhere near it...

Pokemon is kind of a grey area where it's usually kid-friendly, but the manga at least gets much more serious. I'd vouch for a Cynthia/Steven team using their ace Pokemon Garchomp and Metagross.
Yeah, but they don't release the full soundtrack, also there are some missing tracks of the Japanese version like ROCKS or Rock a Bell, and i find it annoying as hell

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Here some more pairings I see with Nintendo characters:

- Wolf and John Talbain
- Pit & Valkyrie (duh)
- Samus & Selvaria Bles (it involves miraculous survival, Space Pirates and a daring rescue that leads into a mini-arc of Maximillian under Phazon's thrall)
- Fox & Chun-Li
- Ganondorf & Demitri
- Donkey Kong & Blanca
- Greninja & Strider Hiryu (Secret Ninja Attack is pretty much Ragnarok)
- Ice Climbers & Sasquatch

Good Nintendo solo candidates are Meta Knight, Dark Pit, Yoshi and Captain Rainbow.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Here some more pairings I see with Nintendo characters:

- Wolf and John Talbain
- Pit & Valkyrie (duh)
- Samus & Selvaria Bles (it involves miraculous survival, Space Pirates and a daring rescue that leads into a mini-arc of Maximillian under Phazon's thrall)
- Fox & Chun-Li
- Ganondorf & Demitri
- Donkey Kong & Blanca
- Greninja & Strider Hiryu (Secret Ninja Attack is pretty much Ragnarok)
- Ice Climbers & Sasquatch

Good Nintendo solo candidates are Meta Knight, Dark Pit, Yoshi and Captain Rainbow.
I still don't see characters from Mario, Kirby, or Pokemon being in the game, so i don't know what to say of most of them...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've heard of this series, but I don't have much of a way to play it. That being said, I have been curious about the game's story, which I can't seem to find via Google. If anyone knows any good Let's Plays of the games, let me know.

As for the topic of franchises, I agree that they should go ahead and add more Nintendo characters, though they may have to go for more obscure ones, assuming the Big 3 (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) are off the table. Fire Emblem and Xenoblade can stay, but I think I'd also add someone from F-Zero (seriously, look up the anime, that's MORE than enough to work with) or even a one-off game like Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.. As for the other three companies... honestly, as long as they bring Klonoa back, I think I'll be fine. SOMEONE has to acknowledge his existance, y'know?

By the way, Did You Know Gaming's spinoff show, Region Locked, did an episode on Namco x Capcom way back when, for anybody interested.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I still don't see characters from Mario, Kirby, or Pokemon being in the game, so i don't know what to say of most of them...
Well, the post below this just reminded me that Klonoa was in the first game, and that's a series I would consider to be on par with Kirby in terms of maturity level. Actually, the two of them could also make a pretty good team.
I've heard of this series, but I don't have much of a way to play it. That being said, I have been curious about the game's story, which I can't seem to find via Google. If anyone knows any good Let's Plays of the games, let me know.

As for the topic of franchises, I agree that they should go ahead and add more Nintendo characters, though they may have to go for more obscure ones, assuming the Big 3 (Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) are off the table. Fire Emblem and Xenoblade can stay, but I think I'd also add someone from F-Zero (seriously, look up the anime, that's MORE than enough to work with) or even a one-off game like Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.. As for the other three companies... honestly, as long as they bring Klonoa back, I think I'll be fine. SOMEONE has to acknowledge his existance, y'know?

By the way, Did You Know Gaming's spinoff show, Region Locked, did an episode on Namco x Capcom way back when, for anybody interested.

In the grand scheme of things, the plots of the games are not much to write home, mostly just jumping from one random setpiece to another. The backstory of the main characters is about as deep as it gets; Reiji was orphaned by Saya (I think) and Xiaomu took him in. This does not stop the two of them from engaging in sexual kinkiness or...

Becoming engaged for marriage and the end of X Zone 2. Somewhat fitting that the game which has FE Awakening rep ends on what is essentially a S-Support conversation.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Umm, can we not forget that this is a support thread about them? It's good that we can talk about the series, but i would like to know your support on them...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Umm, can we not forget that this is a support thread about them? It's good that we can talk about the series, but i would like to know your support on them...
Oh, sorry about that. I thought I mentioned it in the original post, but yeah, I support. I just wanted to know if there was a way to get into the series since, as I said, I have no way to play the games. Sorry if that was a bother.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Oh, sorry about that. I thought I mentioned it in the original post, but yeah, I support. I just wanted to know if there was a way to get into the series since, as I said, I have no way to play the games. Sorry if that was a bother.
Well, you can play Project X Zone 1 and 2 on the 3ds (The direct sequels of Namco X Capcom), i recommend playing the 1st one before the 2nd because of gameplay. The 2nd one made a lot of improvements.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'll take a stab at a moveset:

Rather than being two fully active characters, Reiji takes point while Xiaomu acts as an assist for the specials. She can be hit to interrupt those moves and even get KOed through damage if it happens too much, only coming back after a stock is lost. Whenever Reiji and Xiaomu hit an enemy at the same time, a Cross Hit occurs, locking the enemy in place for more combos. And if they're hit with enough knockback in this state, you trigger a Cross Break that amplifies the knockback and damage of the hit.

Ftilt: Two slashes, one from Sorin followed by Karin.
Utilt: A diagonal shot from Hollywood.
Dtilt: A low slash from Sorin that can freeze.
Fsmash: Reiji thrusts Karin into the enemy, burning multiple times before exploding.
Usmash: Three quick slashes of Chirai overhead.
Dsmash: An unusually long attack where Reiji unloads his guns in all directions.
Fair: Fires Gold forward a few times, with some recoil.
Dair: Drills downward with Sorin. Alternatively, slams Karin down to earth with an explosion like Sanger's attack X Zone 1.

Neutral special: Xiaomu shoots a short wave of water forward quickly.
Side special: With tilt input, Xiaomu leaps towards the enemy with her rear, doing good shield damage. With smash input, she tries to grab the enemy for a suplex, jumping back with another rear-end attack if she misses after a delay.
Up special: Xiaomu creates a tower of ice that can pin enemies in place, before she surfs forward on a wave, dragging enemies along. If Reiji isn't occupied with an attack, he'll stand on top of the tower, and can choose to jump off of it or ride the following wave with Xiaomu.
Down special: Tornado Kata, where Xiaomu spins like a top while firing her guns.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I'll take a stab at a moveset:

Rather than being two fully active characters, Reiji takes point while Xiaomu acts as an assist for the specials. She can be hit to interrupt those moves and even get KOed through damage if it happens too much, only coming back after a stock is lost. Whenever Reiji and Xiaomu hit an enemy at the same time, a Cross Hit occurs, locking the enemy in place for more combos. And if they're hit with enough knockback in this state, you trigger a Cross Break that amplifies the knockback and damage of the hit.

Ftilt: Two slashes, one from Sorin followed by Karin.
Utilt: A diagonal shot from Hollywood.
Dtilt: A low slash from Sorin that can freeze.
Fsmash: Reiji thrusts Karin into the enemy, burning multiple times before exploding.
Usmash: Three quick slashes of Chirai overhead.
Dsmash: An unusually long attack where Reiji unloads his guns in all directions.
Fair: Fires Gold forward a few times, with some recoil.
Dair: Drills downward with Sorin. Alternatively, slams Karin down to earth with an explosion like Sanger's attack X Zone 1.

Neutral special: Xiaomu shoots a short wave of water forward quickly.
Side special: With tilt input, Xiaomu leaps towards the enemy with her rear, doing good shield damage. With smash input, she tries to grab the enemy for a suplex, jumping back with another rear-end attack if she misses after a delay.
Up special: Xiaomu creates a tower of ice that can pin enemies in place, before she surfs forward on a wave, dragging enemies along. If Reiji isn't occupied with an attack, he'll stand on top of the tower, and can choose to jump off of it or ride the following wave with Xiaomu.
Down special: Tornado Kata, where Xiaomu spins like a top while firing her guns.
Wow, that's very good and clever moveset. Even you included the CROSS mechanic! Though i would mix Xiaomu with other attacks, and not just the Specials

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wow, that's very good and clever moveset. Even you included the CROSS mechanic! Though i would mix Xiaomu with other attacks, and not just the Specials
I considered that, for the smashes at least (triggering a quick Cross Hit and break in succession to compensate for somewhat low knockback individually), it's just that I'm not as familiar with Xiaomu's moves. Something I didn't mention is that the specials can be used to summon her even if Reiji is performing another attack, like Fat Princess is Playstation All-Stars and her soldiers, to provide cover or pressure. Only limitations are being in hitstun and that Xiaomu has to finish one of her moves before being summoned for another.

I also considered having her perform the grabs and throws when not occupied. Reiji having his own set but they are generally weaker and less useful.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
I considered that, for the smashes at least (triggering a quick Cross Hit and break in succession to compensate for somewhat low knockback individually), it's just that I'm not as familiar with Xiaomu's moves. Something I didn't mention is that the specials can be used to summon her even if Reiji is performing another attack, like Fat Princess is Playstation All-Stars and her soldiers, to provide cover or pressure. Only limitations are being in hitstun and that Xiaomu has to finish one of her moves before being summoned for another.

I also considered having her perform the grabs and throws when not occupied. Reiji having his own set but they are generally weaker and less useful.
You forgot the last important part. The final Smash.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Huh, mind if i put your moveset on the Support Post?
If you want, you can even add or modify some things. The only real guiding principles I had were designating the three swords with characteristics: Chirai is fast but weak, Karin deals power hits and Sorin in the middle, and keeping in mind the challenge of carrying that big case around.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hey Ace C.R.O.S.S. Ace C.R.O.S.S. , it's funny you mentioned Jacky Bryant a few posts ago, because Sega Heroes the mobile game recently added Sarah Bryant, alongside Pai and Kage-Maru currently. She is almost the spitting image of Samus.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So would they be considered Namco characters or Capcom characters?
Or both?
Namco. Pre-release trailers for Project X Zone 1 showed off most of the characters and their series of origin (in Japanese), and they were color-coded depending on the company that owns them. Blue for Sega, yellow for Capcom and orange for Namco. Reiji and Xiaomu fell in the third category.

In addition, they also appeared in Endless Frontier, another Namco title.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Namco. Pre-release trailers for Project X Zone 1 showed off most of the characters and their series of origin (in Japanese), and they were color-coded depending on the company that owns them. Blue for Sega, yellow for Capcom and orange for Namco. Reiji and Xiaomu fell in the third category.

In addition, they also appeared in Endless Frontier, another Namco title.
Don't forget that originally Namco X Capcom was going to be a crossover of Namco characters for the company's 50th anniversary

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Huh, that's a huge irony... A Pair made of Sarah and Zero Suit Samus maybe?
That'd be funny, but how do you incorporate both Samus and Zero Suit Samus in a more narratively driven game? It seems like it would call for some limited customization of pairings, and in Samus's case, a toggle between armoured and unarmoured forms.

Edit: On the topic of Sega Heroes, it has a number of good suggestions for series and characters that could be added:

- Phantasy Star: Alis Landale and Rolf (pair), Wren (solo), King Lassic/Lashiec (antagonist)
- Shenmue: Ryo could be paired with Ren Of Heavens, with Shenhua or Tom Johnson being solo units
- Already mentioned Golden Axe, with Gilius Thunderhead, Tyris Flare, Ax Battler and Death Adder
- House Of The Dead: Thomas Rogan and Agent G

Last edited:

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
That'd be funny, but how do you incorporate both Samus and Zero Suit Samus in a more narratively driven game? It seems like it would call for some limited customization of pairings, and in Samus's case, a toggle between armoured and unarmoured forms.

Edit: On the topic of Sega Heroes, it has a number of good suggestions for series and characters that could be added:

- Phantasy Star: Alis Landale and Rolf (pair), Wren (solo), King Lassic/Lashiec (antagonist)
- Shenmue: Ryo could be paired with Ren Of Heavens, with Shenhua or Tom Johnson being solo units
- Already mentioned Golden Axe, with Gilius Thunderhead, Tyris Flare, Ax Battler and Death Adder
- House Of The Dead: Thomas Rogan and Agent G
Why aren't they considering ATLUS characters? I would like to see Joker or another Persona protagonist....

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Why aren't they considering ATLUS characters? I would like to see Joker or another Persona protagonist....
For SEGA Heroes or Project X Zone? Because SEGA Heroes has some kind of character suggestion forum, and it mentions a bunch of Atlus characters.

Top Bottom