• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dissention - parking ONLY @ Converse School

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Dissention is a large-scale tournament series founded and hosted by GTZ+ GG. Please don't hesitate to spread the word guys. I will see you all there!

Dissention Circuit Info:
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=197284

1076 Thorndike St.
Palmer, Massachusetts, USA

[ ! ] Parking will not be at the Parish Center, but will be at "Converse Middle School", which is located on Converse St. (next to the graveyard). Drop-offs are fine, but anybody caught parking at the church will be removed from the event. [ ! ]

Directions from Venue to PARKING LOT!!!!
** If you go past Rathbone St. the larger and more spacious lot is on the left as well, as seen in map (click link above).

Nearby Airports:
- Bradley Int. Airport (Windsor Locks, CT)
- Worcester Airport (Worcester, MA)
- Logan Int. Airport (Boston, MA)

Local Motel:
Wedgewood Motel
1430 Park St.
Palmer, MA 01069
($80/night 5 person room, cheaper rooms avail.)

[ ! ] There are only 12 rooms available at a time, call to reserve yours for the event. [ ! ]

Prices:
Venue - $10

$5 off with FULL set-up (CRT TV, console + game)
$2 off with PARTIAL set-up (console + game or CRT TV)

Melee:
Singles - $10
Payout to Top5 - 48% / 22% / 14% / 8% / 4% / 4%
Doubles - $10 per team
Payout to Top3 - 55% / 30% / 15%
Amateur - Automatic Entry

Brawl:
Singles - $10
Payout to Top5 - 48% / 22% / 14% / 8% / 4% / 4%
Doubles - $10 per team
Payout to Top3 - 55% / 30% / 15%
Amateur - Automatic Entry

Tournament Rules:

Melee Ruleset
STAGE LIST
Singles

Starters | Counterpicks
Final Destination|Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield|
Yoshi's Story|
Dreamland 64|
Fountain of Dreams|

Doubles
Starters | Counterpicks
Final Destination|DK 64
Battlefield|
Yoshi's Story|
Dreamland 64|
Pokemon Stadium|
Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1
Choice of who strikes first is determined by port priority or rock paper scissors. If players can not determine which method to go by it will be determined by coin-flip.​

General Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Wobbling is not banned.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
  • Gentleman's Rule - If both players agree to play on a stage that is not stated as legal by the rules it will be allowed.
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death results will not count.

Singles Format

Players will be seeded into 8-man brackets. (The brackets will be larger if the number of entrants surpasses 128.) These brackets will be played until Grand Finals, where the top 2 remaining players from each bracket will be seeded into a second bracket. This bracket will be played out until 8 players are left in the bracket, where a final bracket of 8 players will then be created.

Those who do not make it out of the initial 8-man bracket will be automatically entered into an Amateur Bracket. This bracket will pay out top 3.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

• Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.

Brawl Ruleset
STAGE LIST
Singles and Doubles
Starters | Counterpicks
Final Destination|Battleship Halberd
Battlefield| Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise| Castle Siege
Smashville| Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)| Frigate Orpheon

General Rules
  • 3 Stocks
  • 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items set to “Off” and “None”
  • Pause set to “Off”
    [*]MetaKnight is NOT BANNED!
  • MetaKnight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
  • All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
  • There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters except for MetaKnight, who has a 35 LGL. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
  • The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death.
  1. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
  2. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
  3. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganon Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Modified Doubles Rules
  • Team Attack set to “On”
  • Life stealing is allowed.
  • In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
  • In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
    [*]Double MetaKnight is banned.
  • If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Singles Format

Players will be seeded into 8-man brackets. (The brackets will be larger if the number of entrants surpasses 128.) These brackets will be played until Grand Finals, where the top 2 remaining players from each bracket will be seeded into a second bracket. This bracket will be played out until 8 players are left in the bracket, where a final bracket of 8 players will then be created.

Those who do not make it out of the initial 8-man bracket will be automatically entered into an Amateur Bracket. This bracket will pay out top 3.

Basic Rules
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed.

Sponsored by:
- Tom's DVD/Game Exchange
- Game Underground
- Town of Palmer School District
- Palmer Park, Inc[/collapse][/QUOTE]

[aib link]
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13138

Brawl Complete set-ups:
- GTZ (x15) full set-ups
- GENIUS GAMING (x3) full set-ups
- aqua421 (x1) full set-up
- Bizkit (x1) full set-up
- Sails (x1) full set-up
- Chef Fox (x1) full set-up
- LordXav1er (x1) full set-up

Brawl Partial set-ups:
- GTZ (x1) wii console
- B.C.D. (x1) wii + brawl
- Tim P. (x1) wii + brawl
- BlazinAlex AKA Guy Cecil (x1) wii + brawl
- Paul M. (x1) wii consoles + Brawl
- TC (x1) wii console+brawl/melee

Melee Complete set-ups:
- GTZ (x12) full set-ups
- Springfield Crew (x3) full set-ups
- HaileyM (x1) full set-up

Melee Partial set-ups:
- GTZ (x2) Melee copies
- B.C.D. (x1) NGC console
- Paul M. (x1) NGC console + Melee
- SoraxAyu(x1) NGC console + Melee

Extra CRT TVs:
- GTZ (x20) CRT TVs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCHEDULE:

9AM-10:30AM VENUE ADMITTANCE BEGINS AND DOUBLES REGISTRATION PERIOD

11AM DOUBLES FOR MELEE AND BRAWL BEGINS

2PM (APPROX) FINISH UP DOUBLES, SMALL BREAK BETWEEN EVENTS

2:30PM-3:30 SINGLES REGISTRATION PERIOD / N64 REGISTRATION FOR MINI N64 TOURNEY

4PM BRAWL AND MELEE (AMATEUR BRACKET) SINGLES BEGINS

5:30PM (APPROX) SINGLES AMATEUR FINALS / PRO BRACKET START (MELEE AND BRAWL)

9PM-10PM WRAP UP

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
we need a hype dot zeb pic, the last one was epic, I'll be the conductor for the hype train.. lmao.. serious props to me + zeb, this will be a killer tourney for Melee with him behind the wheel :)

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
OMG they have bingo there!!!....forget Melee, break out the bingo dobbers instead.

I'll be there with many friends!

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
OMG they have bingo there!!!....forget Melee, break out the bingo dobbers instead.

I'll be there with many friends!

ROFL! Yeah they host Bingo every friday night, which means my staff will be hauling *** to set the place up for the 9-10am opening time (doors open then) for the event for warm-ups and such..

Hey guys, can I see some Melee set-ups too? if you guys bring them you get half off venue (which is $10 for the whole day)!

----------------- can't wait to see everyone.. I love melee and brawl.. It's been long overdue that somebody stepped up to have this, and I gladly will work 200% harder than anyone else to ensure an incredible event is made here.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Bring up other MD/VA players with you for this. I'd be more than happy to see some serious out of region attendance at this!

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Y'all *****es can't see me on the court. I go hard in the paint, where's Hazz at or my boy Reno aka "Reno buckets" lol

Hazz hazard Malcolm MalcolmM Reno r3no r3n0 ren0 namesearching *** ******s

Edit-I've dunked on eggm before...im talking my nuts all in his mouth. Pause. And ask chain ace what I did to those ankles

:phone:

L1F3

Smash Cadet
if the guy in charge of CT-con doesnt change his mind about the dates, i may be able to make it to this one lol hopefully my wallet can hold out until then..

LLDL

Smash Hero
Y'all *****es can't see me on the court. I go hard in the paint, where's Hazz at or my boy Reno aka "Reno buckets" lol

Hazz hazard Malcolm MalcolmM Reno r3no r3n0 ren0 namesearching *** ******s

Edit-I've dunked on eggm before...im talking my nuts all in his mouth. Pause. And ask chain ace what I did to those ankles

LMFAO!!!! You don't want it!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i see no reason why, with this much advance warning, that any springfield players would not make it to this (excluding Life if the CT-con's date gets changed)...

so you can probably expect the whole springfield melee crew, 6+ people at least :D

PK Webb

Smash Champion
all im sayin is imma scrape *****s from the 3 point zone son......***** ask about me

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
hey guys let me know if you have melee set-ups to bring.. we def need them for sure.. as many as i can get

btw im sick with allergies coming early this yr for me so if i take a little bit to respond i apologize

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
nice guys thanks for the hype already so early on.. I appreciate the enthusiasm and your wait for this event in June is definitely worth it.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
nice, have the melee set-ups from springfield been confirmed yet..?. I will add them to my list and then if something changes let me know. I added a few more NGC set-ups I got.. I'm on a role but its wicked hard work getting crts, wiis, brawls, melees, ngcs, etc. I think I'm at about 30+ crt tvs by myself for this tourney that I now own.. I'm lucky my landlord supported me by providing me with storage for these tvs, it was getting tight in my 2 bedroom apt. lol....

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
IDK why SWF doesn't feature this? It's the championship tourney for the NE Brawl Minor circuit this spring, and its a seriously HYPE MELEE event!

Top Bottom