• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Disney Sing-A-Long Mafia - GAME OVER, IT'S A HAPPY ENDING FOR DISNEY!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
T-block said:
@Soup: What made you bring up the possibility of a Sword/Inferno scumteam?
I really dislike both of their slots for the time being and just considered it, then I realized how they were interacting with each other didn't make it seem very likely. I have it pinned that one holds scum at least at this point, would have really appreciated more insight wrt Swords.

#HBC | ѕoup

Anyone with little activity I am okay with lynching. Soup I wouldn't mind you gone for your terrible reach on me but I still am confused as to how to read you.

:phone:
Call it what you want but you really haven't given me any reason not to lynch you, I understand that you voted because of RVS, but I still have yet to see reasoning why you thought the vote was RVS when you solemnly answered Swords in a non-RVS manner. At least do that for me, tell me why you felt like your vote was RVS still despite that.

#HBC | ѕoup

Rake said:
3) @Soup: thoughts on gheb
Pain in the *** to read, slightly leaning town for the moment being, J left me a question about them too so I gotta read more into Tblock/Gheb interaction.

#HBC | ѕoup

J said:
Soup, who looks worse in this TB vs. Gheb thing?
I think they're both pretty bad but T-block just throwing an ultimatum on Gheb like that reeks more than Gheb's reach on T-block. At least how i'm reading it.

#HBC | ѕoup

T-block, I understand that you were willing to switch back to Swords, but why do you think Gheb would act differently with just one vote slapped on him? What point are you trying to make besides trying to push him into what you want? I kinda read your interaction as misinterpretation, however Gheb seems quite serious with his vote. You think Gheb would defend swords like this as a partner?

T-block

B2B TST
Sorry, I guess I just like to make mistakes as least as possible, it IS careful play and for good reason; I like to see players reactions to my playstyle and see where that leads me. But I get what you mean. I try to make better stances after Day 1 is close to end, but I realize that isn't fair to other players.

When I make cases and such I get blunt reactions and such that I'm not used to. That's why I prefer less hostility. It drives some players up the wall; including mafia. I become a target for gambits, etc...

So for now I'll just post leans.

Swords is leaning nullish to town for me.
RF is null...
Rake was leaning null but I feel scum vibes.
I like Soup so far.
J is feeling a bit questionable.
Gheb is frrururuurruff***ckckckckck scum.
For you T-block I need to wait a bit.

Everyone else ... pending after LoL time. I will be on tonight gathering information as well as re-reading other games.
That Gheb read doesn't really look like a lean to me... what is that based on?

I know Freeblock. I'm trying. =(
Are you really?

@T-Block - I do know J quite well personally outside of the game. We've played a bit offline, and this makes our second game together online. Don't know John whatsoever though, but I noticed his lack of activity, and I was hoping to find out a little more about his thought process.
Thanks. What is your current stance on J?

Alright guys. Sorry about not being here. Didn't expect this thread to go up and start so quickly. I was gone all weekend but I'm here now and I'm catching up.

Until I'm caught up however Vote: J
Is this an RVS vote?

Anyone with little activity I am okay with lynching. Soup I wouldn't mind you gone for your terrible reach on me but I still am confused as to how to read you.

:phone:
Dammit Inferno.

Can you do something please? I agree that Soup is blowing this RVS vote way out of proportion. I think it's time to move on.

Call it what you want but you really haven't given me any reason not to lynch you, I understand that you voted because of RVS, but I still have yet to see reasoning why you thought the vote was RVS when you solemnly answered Swords in a non-RVS manner. At least do that for me, tell me why you felt like your vote was RVS still despite that.
I'm really not following your line of thought here. You understand that his vote was RVS, but you want him to tell you why he thought his vote was RVS? o.o Quote for me this "solemn answer" that suggests that Inferno's vote was not RVS please.

I think they're both pretty bad but T-block just throwing an ultimatum on Gheb like that reeks more than Gheb's reach on T-block. At least how i'm reading it.
T-block, I understand that you were willing to switch back to Swords, but why do you think Gheb would act differently with just one vote slapped on him? What point are you trying to make besides trying to push him into what you want? I kinda read your interaction as misinterpretation, however Gheb seems quite serious with his vote. You think Gheb would defend swords like this as a partner?
Uhh... it's not really an ultimatum. That said, I am totally okay with a Gheb lynch at this point. His posting style is already anti-town, but he chooses to withhold information on top of that. At least two other people have agreed that he is a pain to read, so why do we put up with this again? Now, add in the fact that I cannot think of any pro-town reason to defend Sword in the way he did (ie- with a completely bull**** argument), and that's enough to make me totally fine with his lynch.

I don't see anything that excludes the possibility of a Gheb/Sword scumteam. Am I missing something?

I don't understand why you are asking me what I thought my vote would do. Of course I didn't expect Gheb to start trembling in fear and submit; but my vote, if nothing else, shows that I have no intention of putting up with this the whole game.

#HBC | ѕoup

He answered his response, then decided that it was cool to just drop a vote on him, then when questioned about it, pushes it as RVS. Am I really the only person seeing this?

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, doubtful that Gheb would hard-defend swords like this, I'd think scumGheb would just jump on the easier wagon tbh, I find it odd he attacked you on that sentiment actually and I felt he was reaching, what exactly made you a specific target besides the other people who have voted swords is beyond me. He may be a pain to read but is he worth the vote already and ignoring swords because of it? Do you really believe that they're possible as a team?

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, I really don't follow. Are we talking about these two posts?

Based off reputation alone I would say Gheb and RF but I wouldn't say I worry about them too much. If they are scum I will find them and if they are town they will do their part in catching scum. I keep my eye on people based off their play, not by their presence. As for inactives I like them gone quickly because I don't want them riding to end game regardless of alignment. They can be backup lynches if we don't have a good candidate by the end of the day or they can get vig'd (assuming there is one).
Oh and before I forget

Vote: Swords

The song is called "I'll make a man out of you," not "Be a Man." That pissed me off
What specifically suggests that there's more to the vote?

As for Gheb, I do believe it is possible that he is on a team with Sword, simply because there is nothing that suggests it is impossible. I don't buy the idea that Gheb would not defend a scummate - I realize where the meta comes from, but I don't feel comfortable giving that any weight (especially in light of this post).

And I'm by no means ignoring Sword. He has plenty to answer to, both from me and from others, and I fully expect him to address what's been brought up against him. My vote doesn't need to be on him for my pressure to be there - I've already made it clear I'm okay with his lynch. Why are you being so anal about where my vote is anyways? =\

#HBC | ѕoup

Because a legitimate response doesn't deserve an illegitimate vote. /Stubborn

I felt you were pushing an issue too far and feigning it by slapping a vote down when the issue didn't really deserve one, however what you're telling me is that "I'm okay with Swords but i'm gonna vote Gheb instead, he knows I want him dead so i'm gonna move my vote over to another issue." I think you should tell me later on how you feel based on both response if they're aligned, consider me curious.

Clover

Smash Rookie
@T-Block - At this point, I really want to believe that J is town. I haven't seen anything noticeably scummy from him thus far, but I know he's adept at changing his playstyle to fit his needs. Definitely gonna wanna keep a close watch on him as the game progresses.

T-block

B2B TST
Pain in the *** to read, slightly leaning town for the moment being, J left me a question about them too so I gotta read more into Tblock/Gheb interaction.
Where the hell are you getting a town read from?

Why is everyone ignoring the fact that he tried to defend Sword based on facts that were simply not true?

#HBC | ѕoup

I read his demeanor as townie but I really can't read his poetry for ****. Show me where he did such a thing.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Exactly how I feel. Both parties look bad but I lean towards disliking TB moreso based on me not being able to fully understand Gheb's posts because they are hidden behind poetry. I liked his TB vote but I don't like his posts if that makes sense.

Getting to other things in a bit.

/lazy

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Krys, if you feel that way about about Gheb...why no vote or anything about Gheb being that scummy to you?
Vote Gheb

Was meaning to but forgot to. His posts in general just scream "I want to coast without being pressured, I want people to not worry about me". Good lyricism aside his horrible play is absolutely screaming scum to me atm.

@Krys - Could you go more into why J is "questionable?"
It's essentially a lean toward non-town J because of how I felt he was playing most of LoM, he was more quick to jump on cases of bad rather than expressing feelings of good. His only case is on Rake atm, and a possible Inferno? I'm just not feeling a hard enough stance from him quite yet.

Alright guys. Sorry about not being here. Didn't expect this thread to go up and start so quickly. I was gone all weekend but I'm here now and I'm catching up.

Until I'm caught up however Vote: J
What's your reasoning for voting J?

John2k4

The End of an Era
@John2k4 - Soup's #307 basically sums my thoughts up about the lack of willingness to discuss. T-Block brings it up, too. What exactly do you mean by "trying?" There's plenty going on that you could comment on. Every person's thoughts are significant in order for reads to be developed.

Because I wanted to leave "things already discussed" on the table. I really hate sheeping, but that's all it seems like when I show up late to the party on current events.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Okay I'm for the most part caught up now. Was leaning on Swords side of the Sword vs RF argument until this post:

So basically you're admitting that don't actually have anything yet then RF?

Also I don't really care for Inferno either. He basically jumped me without commenting on RF's suspicion of me, despite the fact that that was something very real to comment on.

Unvote Vote Inferno

Inferno, what do you make of all this?

Also a relief to see that not every player in this game was going to tunnel me right from the start.
Really don't like his reaction to RF's push here. His other posts since then have leaned me towards scum as well.

Vote: Swords

Man up and kill him, you girls.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
And yes J vote was random, for those who asked.
Surprisingly I actually like J this game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
He only has three votes on him. At the moment, currently reading/posting.

Lots of posts and walls.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
God I keep reading and god dammit Soup, you keep saying what I want to say and it's like "Why do I even wanna post? Soup's being on top of things so far."

'Cept one thing, I'd lean lynching Gheb>TB.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@J: In 209 you bring up that Sword has supposedly only once been pressured as town. What conclusions are you drawing from this? The post kinda sticks out, so I'm wondering where you were going with it?
I am drawing from it that this may be a new thing for Swords and he has never been truly pressured or lynched for a lengthy period. The conclusion that I am talking about is I feel this is more townSwords caught in an awkward new position. I don't see the scum-intent behind his posts.

You choose to paint his moves in a bad light - I choose to voice objection!

:059:
What in the world at this point? This point is not true at all and what do you make of the others on the Swords wagon? How is your view only limited to TB and not people like RF and Inferno? After re-reading through your prose, I find myself actually disliking your TB vote and finding your points against as a total reach and not true at all. With this post/vote you just seem to be looking for an easy target on this budding bandwagon to make yourself stand out as doing something different then others and reaching for a reason to call TB scum.

What makes TB so different than others that he requires a vote?

Soup brings up a good point that I have been going into with this next post:

Also, doubtful that Gheb would hard-defend swords like this, I'd think scumGheb would just jump on the easier wagon tbh, I find it odd he attacked you on that sentiment actually and I felt he was reaching, what exactly made you a specific target besides the other people who have voted swords is beyond me. He may be a pain to read but is he worth the vote already and ignoring swords because of it? Do you really believe that they're possible as a team?
The bolded is where I agree and also where I got kind of "...Soup!" in terms of him ninja'ing me.

Vote: Gheb_01

Inferno3044

Smash Master
It's funny because Soup is pissing me off. He's had to have asked the same question five times. It gets us nowhere and I would love to move on. Town or scum, T-Block fully sees that it was RVS and there's nothing to go into

@Swords - Where's your big post? I would love to hear your thoughts. Does the fact that my post is purely RVS change your view on me?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Can you explain to me how in the world I could possibly talk about TB at this time?
I wanted you opinion on an inactive poster to that point.
You could have stated like / dislike to inactive but w/e, I should have made it more clear.
I might sheep you on Gheb, but who do you think would be Gheb's partner at this point if you had to pick someone ?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
He had declared V/LA though so I really don't see the point of it haha.

Eh, I don't really care for looking for partners until it is more concrete and the thing that I am finding scummy about Gheb is his own personal actions and not how he is connected to people.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
So that means anyone who agrees with anyone else is a sheep?
I guess that makes me a sheep for reading through the game and coming up with an opinion that someone else already has. Too bad for me!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
So were all agreed we are mindless sheep.
Glad to see that out of the way.

UNVOTE

We need a brand new wagon for everyone to be on.
It'll be really shiny and awesome.

I'm going to go re-read stuff now.

In fact I was re-reading before anyone else was
/that hipster

Inferno3044

Smash Master
So that means anyone who agrees with anyone else is a sheep?
I guess that makes me a sheep for reading through the game and coming up with an opinion that someone else already has. Too bad for me!
False. Being able to come up with the same or similar conclusions can easily happen. Convincing others is also possible. The difference is that Rake is openly admitting to sheeping his votes, specifically RF's and now entertains sheeping onto Gheb. This makes it very difficult to read him and see his stances on people. He has shown no stances of his own using his vote. I honestly can't even think of any of this stances.

Btw in case someone tries to use that same argument against me, I kept my vote on Swords for a reason.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
False. Being able to come up with the same or similar conclusions can easily happen. Convincing others is also possible. The difference is that Rake is openly admitting to sheeping his votes, specifically RF's and now entertains sheeping onto Gheb. This makes it very difficult to read him and see his stances on people. He has shown no stances of his own using his vote. I honestly can't even think of any of this stances.

Btw in case someone tries to use that same argument against me, I kept my vote on Swords for a reason.
I'm not sure how you missed that sarcasm but; it was sarcasm.

T-block

B2B TST
Gonna retract my town read on Soup. I'll leave him at null until I can figure out what the hell is going through his head.

I read his demeanor as townie but I really can't read his poetry for ****. Show me where he did such a thing.
what the actual **** - basically back to back posts.

Soup, how does Gheb go from slightly leaning town (apparently based on his "demeanour") to a reach that reeks? Why are you trying to sway my pressure off of him if you yourself admit that you can't understand what he's saying? Wouldn't this help you get a read on him? Or at least, help others get a read on him?

T-block

B2B TST
I wish I could like J this game, but I don't. Soup is not making sense, and while that's not out of the realm of townSoup, the fact that J is so vehemently agreeing with what Soup says really throws me off from reading him town. The flip onto Gheb is totally weird too. Definitely keep an eye out for this slot.

J, you said you liked Gheb's vote on me, but didn't like Gheb. That implies that there is something you dislike about me. You do ask me about justifying the Inferno town read, but once I do, you drop it, and you don't continue questioning Inferno either. Instead, you are still saying you dislike me in 334, which is well after my justification for the Inferno read. You explicitly state in 334 that you dislike me, but never state why. You've ignored what I said about Inferno, which is the only reason you've given for the dislike. I think that's suspicious, as I would expect townJ to dig deeper into my slot if he truly disliked it. Am I wrong to expect that?

Top Bottom