• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion on Pit's down special

theNeverSleepy

Smash Rookie
How do you guys use it? I haven't tried using it to reflect projectiles, but I feel like there's also some potential in turning the opponent around that I'm missing out on.

Mowg

Smash Cadet
article from SmashWiki: Pit pulls out his shield and crouches down while holding it out in front of him. The shield can be angled up or down to reflect attacks. When initially brought out, the shield gives Pit launch resistance and can reverse enemies trying to attack him. If used in midair, this shield can be used to reflect characters recoveries and force them to self-destruct.
x1.5 of reflected attack.

Mowg

Smash Cadet
I think it kind of stops Pit's momentum both in the air and on the ground. The move was more useful in Brawl, imo.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
I don't think it was more useful in brawl.

It works well to actually get you out of juggle combos and can help you get back to stage against ANY character with a projectile.

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
Against the PK kids, Ness in particular, you can turn them around during their up B during recovery and guarantee a stock. It works against some other characters but it's by far the easiest against Ness.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I somtimes use a b-reverse/wavebounce Mirror Shield to change my momentum mid jump to avoid attacks or to get mack to the ground from the air. It's just kind of niche though and I feel his glide does the job better.

Top Bottom