• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Discussion]My play style is "obnoxious" according to my friends

Nitroxko

Smash Rookie
So I play PM with my friends a lot and it's getting to a point where they don't want to play with me because my play style is "obnoxious" when I ask them why they give me answers along these lines

• Don't Abuse Super Armor
  • You grab too much
  • (Specifically on sonic) You dash attack too much
Now I myself don't see an issue with my play style. But regardless of that, even if I have a play style that's obnoxious. Is that a fair reason to get upset or rage quit? And is it fair to call a play style obnoxious because you don't have a way to deal with it? There are clear counters to super armor, grabbing a lot, and dash attacks.

KEYLIME SSB

Smash Journeyman
If you’re winning, I think your friends are just bad at PM. If not, then you might want to do something about your playstyle.

Last edited:

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Remember, this is a fighting game. You don't play to appease your opponents.

If your friends can't handle this fact, tell them to "git gud" (for real) or play some other game. Also, you might wanna change who you play with (from your current egotistical friends) or get into Netplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom