• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion for a Potential Fire Emblem Warriors 2

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hello, and welcome!

I wanted to discuss the possibility of what could be included in the next Fire Emblem Warriors game. It's seeming pretty likely that the game is going to happen and if it does there are a few things I personally want to see.

1. Less focus on the Weapon Triangle.

I thought the idea of the weapon triangle in Warriors was a clever way to merge the gameplay of Fire Emblem with the Hack & Slash of Warriors but in practice it didn't do very much for the game. To the point where certain characters like Lissa were given weapons they didn't traditionally use just to round out the triangle a little more. Despite that the majority of the characters featured in Warriors were, in fact swordsmen.

2. More Focus on Modes

I personally thought that History mode was the highlight of the original Warriors game and so it's a shame really that it was rather limited in what maps it could take inspiration from, limiting them to the 3 games represented. I'd also love an Empires mode seen in the other Warriors games like Samurai Warriors 2 Empires. In this mode you journey across a map taking over individual locations in a nonstop battle with other factions until the entire map is yours. The factions in the next game could be represented by the factions games. A Radiant Faction, Shadow Dragon Faction, an Ylissian Faction, etc. Which brings me to my next point

3. More characters from more games

Fire Emblem Warriors had so much potential in it's set up. The Fire Emblem games are ripe with great characters and taking on armies with those characters is a dream come true. So it was a shame that they only focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates and most specifically Fates. Poor Shadow Dragon didn't get much fanservice at all and I felt it was the most deserving. Lyn and Celica were a stellar addition to the cast that really brought a certain freshness to the game not present in the other characters. However, that's only two characters. Ike, Roy, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Alm, The Black Knight, Leif, Seliph, and so many more popular characters were sidelined by the unfortunate fact that the game only focused on three games. The next one needs to branch out. This will allow for a more varied story mode, locations, move sets, battles, and of course characters.

What do you guys think? Is there anything you guys want specifically?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Still find it a shame that Camus didn't appear in Warriors. Could've helped with the lack of Lances. Though I don't want to turn my post in just a roster post, so let's talk about mechanics and modes.

Honestly I liked History mode, it's pretty much where most of my game time in the game was spent. Compared to Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode, I preferred the fully fleshed out objectives over quizzes and giant boss fights.
I thought the idea of the weapon triangle in Warriors was a clever way to merge the gameplay of Fire Emblem with the Hack & Slash of Warriors but in practice it didn't do very much for the game. To the point where certain characters like Lissa were given weapons they didn't traditionally use just to round out the triangle a little more. Despite that the majority of the characters featured in Warriors were, in fact swordsmen.
I actually really liked the weapon triangle mechanic it gave a bit more strategy to just the hack and slashing and worked well with the micro managing mechanic of allied units.
Honestly, what I hope for a potential sequel most of all is more maps, there's guaranteed going to be more characters. When I played through history mode, what burned me out of the reuse of maps as they only used maps featured in the Story mode really. If they added a new map or two, with the DLCs, it wouldn't have felt so repetitive to constantly revisit the Awakening Dragon's Altar map for example.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I could see a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 happen some time in the future. Koei seemed satisfied with the sales and it really just depends on IS if they want to do another game. I don't really see it happening though until at least several months or a year after Three Houses releases.

What I want from a potential sequel is more weapon types, different class representation and of course more games represented.

I want a dagger moveset to be implemented in the next game. I was disappointed to not see it in the first one especially since Fates was one of the games represented and I would have liked to see Felicia and Kaze in the game. Plus I found it weird seeing enemy Thieves fighting with Ryoma's moveset and a dagger based moveset would help make them fight more like a thief instead of a samurai.

The mounted classes worked better than I thought they would and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them. We didn't get a lance cavalier last time despite missing their chance with Camus, Silas and the Christmas Knights and we also don't have a flier unit with a sword which could have been filled in by putting one or all of the Whitewing Sisters in. Also wouldn't mind a mounted bow moveset if only to add more classes and a different type of bow moveset. I also heard people wanting Armored units playable as well as more transforming characters like Tiki.

As for game representation I see Three Houses, Elibe and depending on whether a remake comes out some time soon Jugdral could show up as well. Of course Archanea could use some more of their iconic characters like the previously mention Christmas Knights, Whitewings, Camus as well as Merric and Gordin. Awakening will of course get more characters added in like Sumia, Lonqu, Gaius, Severa and Inigo. Fates will also get a few more characters such as more of the royal's retainers. And while I personally would love to see more characters from Gaiden/Echoes the most we would probably get is Alm showing up in a similar fashion to Celica/Lyn in the first game with Ike from Tellius as the other lonely buddy.

D

Deleted member

FEW was fine as a game, its roster and DLC were the problem. If they were to ever make a sequel, I believe they should focus on the GBA games. no it's not because I'm biased
And ideally, have a 6:6:6 split like the first game should have been. Also, have some goddamn villains playable please

Binding Blade:
  • Roy(Sword Infantry)
  • Marcus(Mounted Lance)
  • Lilina(Fire Mage Infantry)
  • Fae(Manakete)
  • Miledy(Wyvern Lance)
  • Zephiel(Armored Sword)

Blazing Sword
  • Hector(Armored Axe)
  • Eliwood(Mounted Sword)
  • Ninian(Dancer+Manakete)
  • Oswin(Armored Lance)
  • Nino(Wind Mage Infantry)
  • Jaffar(Sword Infantry, mechanically. Plays as if he used daggers)

Sacred Stones
  • Eirika(Mounted Sword)
  • Ephraim(Mounted Lance)
  • Innes(Bow Infantry)
  • Joshua(Infantry Sword)
  • L'Arachel(Mounted Light Mage)
  • Lyon(Dark Mage Infantry)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Long story short: make the roster not suck and actually be more representative of the series. I'd go for Tellius and some of the GBA games as the main focus, I'd include Jugdral too but that just seems too unlikely unless they throw in Sigurd/Seliph/Leif in the same vein as Lyn/Celica. FE's class system also has a lot of potential for them to include several characters as clones or reskins, since the bulk of the work in creating any given character is likely the moveset and animations. Need better balance of numbers between each weapon type too; "Sword Emblem" wasn't just a meme in FE Warriors since swords actually had a lot more characters than any other weapon (13 out of a cast of 32).

I liked history mode so I'll take more of that. Wonder if it would be a bad idea to make it function more like an actual FE map, just with the regular battles replaced with Warriors-style battles. That's what I expected when I saw it at first, but I'm sure there's a reason why it works the way it does in the actual game. **** Velezark randomly showing up and ruining your time score, though, less of that please

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
First of all, don't make Celica a Marth clone. Like seriously, I get that time constraints are a thing but damn.

Second of all don't cut Chrom, Celica, Marth, Caeda, Frederick, Minerva, or Tiki because they're some of my favorites. :p And please, for the love of all that is good, make more than one bow moveset. Four infantry bowmen with the same moveset was just egregious.

I'd also like to see some more class variety, with major unrepresented classes now represented. Thieves, Knights, and lance-based Cavaliers are a must.

Personal bias perhaps, but Valentia, Elibe, and especially Archanea should have their rosters brought more in line with what Fates, or at least Awakening, got. Merric shouldn't have been snubbed, dammit.

Most of my complaints are roster-based lol.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
First of all, don't make Celica a Marth clone. Like seriously, I get that time constraints are a thing but damn.

Second of all don't cut Chrom, Celica, Marth, Caeda, Frederick, Minerva, or Tiki because they're some of my favorites. :p And please, for the love of all that is good, make more than one bow moveset. Four infantry bowmen with the same moveset was just egregious.

I'd also like to see some more class variety, with major unrepresented classes now represented. Thieves, Knights, and lance-based Cavaliers are a must.

Personal bias perhaps, but Valentia, Elibe, and especially Archanea should have their rosters brought more in line with what Fates, or at least Awakening, got. Merric shouldn't have been snubbed, dammit.

Most of my complaints are roster-based lol.
One good thing Warriors games tend to do, is not cut characters as they usually just port the assets as they mostly stay in the same engine.
Yeah, when I get bow restricted missions I sigh due to being forced to use a moveset I don't really like that much,
I do really want Tellius units, but too bad Titania would be a Frederick clone.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I don't think you will have to worry much about that. From my understanding Koei rarely make roster cuts to sequels to their Warriors games.

Edit: Gah, :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Generally speaking, I think they should pull a Hyrule Warriors Legends/Dissidia 012 and keep all of the content from the first game. Because if this is gonna be a Switch game, there is no need to reinvent the wheel. In these kind of "content-centric games", as I like to call them, throwing everything out of the window for a sequel and reinventing the wheel can potentially be the worst thing you could do, especially since it means they would have to spend time redoing the Fates characters and all that from scratch. So just use the first game as a base.

Granted, Koei Tecmo usually does this for their sequels so I'm not worried, but if they do this they will have won half the battle.

Also one thing I think the original game needed was a bigger variety of things to do on the level maps. This includes more enemy variety, most notably more bosses, something I feel was sorely lacking considering we only got one real boss and...well I'm not even sure that one counts as it was basically a glorified punching bag with no challenge whatsoever. I know Fire Emblem doesn't have as much variety in it's boss line-up as something like Zelda but I definitely think they could have done more, especially if they represented more games.

And while I think the combat was mostly fine in the original game, really pretty good in fact, I think there are a few things they could do better. My main issue with the combat in the original game was how they oversimplified the Stun Gauge. In something like Hyrule Warriors, you had to be creative about how you got the Stun Gauge to appear, like using a bomb on a Lizalfos while it was trying to cover the ground with fire, and sometimes they would have really tight windows where you could interrupt their attacks while the Stun Gauge briefly appears. In FE Warriors, all you had to do was press Y,Y,Y,X, no matter which character you were playing as, and you'd get the Stun Gauge (unless you had Weapon Triange Disadvantage). And later on, you could get a badge that let you do it with just the Y,Y,Y,Y combo, which literally kinda turned the game into "press Y to win". I know some people might scoff at that since "durr hurr Warriors games are all just button mashers" but sincerely, I would disagree with that, as in other Warriors games, I've felt the need to come up with creative combos to tackle some tougher challenges and using different ones depending on the situation, where as each character in FE Warriors had one or two combos that were more useful than all of the rest. Which was a shame as there was potential for a really deep combat system with the Pair Up mechanic and with how fluid the movement was during combos, but ultimately you rarely needed to make use of those mechanics because you already had such an easy way of getting the Stun Gauge to appear.

Also, I would suggest just getting rid of the Weapon Triangle. I felt it served little point as all it did was make it so that defeating enemies would take longer unless you switched characters. It's not like an actual FE game where Weapon Triangle means a lot more than that. Instead, I would suggest making each core weapon type serve a unique purpose, such as swords for dealing the most one-on-one damage and having a higher Crit Rate, axes for AoE attacks, and lances for attacks that push you forward through a crowd and juggle foes in the air, and so on and so forth. And in addition, make it so some classes can switch weapons, like a Great Knight can use swords, axes, and lances. Because I think combat would be super fun if you could switch characters and weapons, you'd have so many options and if they balanced the game well this time, you'd actually have to make use of those options.

Also they could do something with History Mode to make it a bit more in-depth I think. As it is now, it's just a Mission Mode with nothing extra to it, it just has a fancy presentation that makes it look like a classic Fire Emblem map. Hyrule Warriors' Adventure Mode had the item system on the map as well as unique differences on each map (such as recreating the Doomsday clock mechanic on the Majora's Mask map) to keep things interesting, which made it feel a bit less like a Mission Mode and more of a unique mode in and of itself. I'm not 100% sure what they could do right now, maybe I'll come back on that, but it's something I'd like to see.

And finally, for the characters, I mean, that's a bit of a rabbit hole. I think the problem here for me is that most of my favourite characters in Fire Emblem are ones I don't think would actually get into the game judging by how IS is with their characters.

The obvious ones are Roy, Ike, and Hector, who arguably should have been in the first game due to how obviously popular they are and always have been. In general they do need to represent more games. Personally, I would like to see more Shadows of Valentia characters since they would have more than enough time to reference the finished product at this point. I don't really know how to balance it honestly, it's complicated because the game is split into two groups of characters, so I'm just gonna say some of my absolute favourites were Alm, Clair, Delthea, Clive, Mae, Boey, and....yeah besides Alm and Clair as my two absolute favourites, it's hard to really put a limit on it.

However, I would also love to see some Heroes representation. I think it more than deserves it, and at the very least, I think Veronica should show up, because she was a CYL winner now, and that was one of the main arguments in support of Ike and Roy for the first game, so it applies to Veronica now. In fact, Veronica could have an incredible moveset incorporating other Fire Emblem characters that don't make the cut as playable, because she could summon units in FE Heroes. So yeah, Veronica I think is a character I would really like to see. I also really like Laegjarn, and I'd be happy to see Alfonse and Helbindi as well.

Also I loved Rinkah from Fates and I think she has incredible potential for a unique moveset, what with her clubs, scrolls, and fire powers, so she would be fantastic to see if they had to add another Fates character.

In general though, I would just like to see more games represented and more variety in the movesets.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Honestly I think the issue with the weapon triangle being unbalanced could be solved by just doing what Fire Emblem knew to do decades ago.

...Just let characters use multiple weapon types. And you pick which one they use before going into battle.
Would that require more time and effort since the characters would then require multiple sets of animations? Yes.
Would it result in a more fun and engaging game? Yes.
Especially since a sequel would just be reusing all of the assets from the first game, like, please, absolutely do that.

Also add daggers... And then add Felicia.
They added a million Fates characters and then didn't add the one with unique abilities (ice things) because her weapon wasn't even there. (And on the topic of avoiding unique characters, Azura, the other most unique from Fates, was post launch)
And speaking of important characters that weren't there for some crazy reason despite only focusing on three games: give me my man Camus. (If I had to actually guess, it'd be because he'd require they make a lance cavalier moveset)

Also nitpick, but if they're going to include monsters in their next game, please just the monsters from FE. Any of their designs from any game, I don't care. Awakening, Sacred Stones, whatever. Just please don't use OC monsters again. Take advantage of the series you're using to theme the game. /vent

As for what games to focus on for a hypothetical sequel. Well, like pretty much everyone else wants: Tellius and Elibe, which is four games to pull from.
Though if I'm being realistic it'd probably end up being like this...
FE7 characters + Roy and Lilina
PoR characters + Micaiah and Sothe

Thoooooough if I'm being even more realistic, a hypothetical sequel would focus on Three Houses, and then hopefully also focus on Tellius and Elibe.

And I'm sorry but please add Camus, Felicia, and Alm even if the focus is on other games because it just feels wrong that they're not there.

Folt

Smash Ace
Hello, and welcome!

I wanted to discuss the possibility of what could be included in the next Fire Emblem Warriors game. It's seeming pretty likely that the game is going to happen and if it does there are a few things I personally want to see.

1. Less focus on the Weapon Triangle.

Weapon triangle works really well, actually, due to how it makes the game more strategic. And the option of being able to bypass it using Bow/Tome users is also a neat idea (with the Bow/Tome users having their own strengths and weaknesses). I'd say it should be kept in. That said, Lissa's usage of the Axe is simply because one of her promotions (and likely the one that actually makes the most sense for her as a unit because it uses her colors) is the War Cleric class which uses Axes and Staves aren't known for being weapons anyway.

2. More Focus on Modes

I personally thought that History mode was the highlight of the original Warriors game and so it's a shame really that it was rather limited in what maps it could take inspiration from, limiting them to the 3 games represented. I'd also love an Empires mode seen in the other Warriors games like Samurai Warriors 2 Empires. In this mode you journey across a map taking over individual locations in a nonstop battle with other factions until the entire map is yours. The factions in the next game could be represented by the factions games. A Radiant Faction, Shadow Dragon Faction, an Ylissian Faction, etc. Which brings me to my next point
Eh, History Mode alone is really freakin' good and I love how it has all these little ministories with characters who didn't make it in having substitute characters take their place, which really made me appreciate how freakin' good the voice actors are. However, adding Challenge Mode from Hyrule Warriors (except name it Coliseum Mode) would be really good however.

3. More characters from more games

Fire Emblem Warriors had so much potential in it's set up. The Fire Emblem games are ripe with great characters and taking on armies with those characters is a dream come true. So it was a shame that they only focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates and most specifically Fates. Poor Shadow Dragon didn't get much fanservice at all and I felt it was the most deserving. Lyn and Celica were a stellar addition to the cast that really brought a certain freshness to the game not present in the other characters. However, that's only two characters. Ike, Roy, Eliwood, Hector, Eirika, Ephraim, Alm, The Black Knight, Leif, Seliph, and so many more popular characters were sidelined by the unfortunate fact that the game only focused on three games. The next one needs to branch out. This will allow for a more varied story mode, locations, move sets, battles, and of course characters.

What do you guys think? Is there anything you guys want specifically?
Eh. The roster for Fire Emblem Warriors were made since the developers felt they had to start small (and I don't blame them; having the same-sized roster but picking from every FE game would have been madness for both story and gameplay reasons) and 1 million units shipped in 6 months (making it on par with Hyrule Warriors) definitely vindicated the roster. And with that, the next installment can now begin to add characters from other Fire Emblem games so your point nr. 3 is almost certainly going to happen moving forward. Likely, it's gonna be Binding Blade, Path of Radiance, and the new FE that the majority of the sequel characters will be picked from.

Moveset-wise, we just need playable Fighters and Knights to net us 2 movesets that will complete the regular classes in terms of Fire Emblem Warriors movesets. Currently, we have:

1. Aytolisian/Gristonne Lord moveset: Rowan, Lianna
  2. Ylissean Lord moveset: Chrom, Lucina
  3. Nohr Prince/ss moveset: Corrin
  4. Lodestar (Original Lord) moveset: Marth, Celica
  5. Myrmidon Moveset: Ryoma, Owain
  6. Soldier Moveset: Oboro
  7. Archer Moveset: Takumi, Sakura, Anna, Niles
  8. Mage/Dark Mage Moveset: Robin, Tharja
  9. Mercenary Moveset: Navarre, Lyn
  10. Cleric Moveset: Lissa
  11. Cavalier Moveset: Xander
  12. Great Knight Moveset: Frederick
  13. Dark Knight Moveset: Leo, Elise
  14. Pegasus Knight Moveset: Caeda, Hinoka, Cordelia
  15. Wyvern Rider Moveset: Camilla, Minerva
  16. Manakete Moveset: Tiki
  17. Songstress Moveset: Azura
  18. Bishop Moveset: Linde
  19. Dancer Moveset: Olivia
So getting access to the Fighter and Knight movesets will be great to ensure all of the standard classes are playable. After that, the need for more movesets will be determined by a character-by-character basis.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Possible roster with a restriction: A fun little challenge for myself.
23 new characters including clones. + 9 dlc characters like last time. Also adding villains ad well.

Tellius
  • 8 + 3 dlc
  • Ike
  • Soren*
  • Elincia*
  • Titania* (Frederick Clone)
  • Micaiah
  • Sothe
  • Jill (lance wyvern)
  • Ranulf
  • Nailah** (unique dlc)
  • Lethe** (Ranulf clone dlc)
  • Tibarn** (unique dlc)
(Notably missing some fan favorites like Nephenee and Haar.)

Elibe
  • 7 + 3 dlc
  • Roy
  • Eliwood* (Xander Clone)
  • Hector
  • Lilina* (Soren Clone)
  • Rath
  • Shanna* (Elincia Clone)
  • Dorcas (for meme popularity)
  • Jaffar** (Unique dlc)
  • Nino** (Linde clone dlc)
  • Marcus** (Seth Clone dlc)
(Notably missing Ninian, Fae and other fan favorites)

Magvel
  • 7 + 3 dlc
  • Ephraim
  • Eirika* (Marth clone unfortunately)
  • Seth (lance Paladin)
  • Innes
  • Myrrh
  • Tana* (Elincia clone)
  • Joshua* ( Lyn clone)
  • Amelia** (lance knight dlc)
  • La'rachel** (Elise clone dlc)
  • Gerik** (Ike clone dlc)
(Notably missing fan favorites like Lute and Ross)
Guests
  • Reinhardt
  • Edelgard (or some other 3 houses character)
Villains
  • Black Knight
  • Nergal
  • Lyon
  • Superboss: Formortiis
*=clone
**=DLC
It isn't perfect with the limitations, but I tried my best.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Possible roster with a restriction: A fun little challenge for myself.
23 new characters including clones. + 9 dlc characters like last time. Also adding villains ad well.

Tellius
  • 8 + 3 dlc
  • Ike
  • Soren*
  • Elincia*
  • Titania* (Frederick Clone)
  • Micaiah
  • Sothe
  • Jill (lance wyvern)
  • Ranulf
  • Nailah** (unique dlc)
  • Lethe** (Ranulf clone dlc)
  • Tibarn** (unique dlc)
(Notably missing some fan favorites like Nephenee and Haar.)

Elibe
  • 7 + 3 dlc
  • Roy
  • Eliwood* (Xander Clone)
  • Hector
  • Lilina* (Soren Clone)
  • Rath
  • Shanna* (Elincia Clone)
  • Dorcas (for meme popularity)
  • Jaffar** (Unique dlc)
  • Nino** (Linde clone dlc)
  • Marcus** (Seth Clone dlc)
(Notably missing Ninian, Fae and other fan favorites)

Magvel
  • 7 + 3 dlc
  • Ephraim
  • Eirika* (Marth clone unfortunately)
  • Seth (lance Paladin)
  • Innes
  • Myrrh
  • Tana* (Elincia clone)
  • Joshua* ( Lyn clone)
  • Amelia** (lance knight dlc)
  • La'rachel** (Elise clone dlc)
  • Gerik** (Ike clone dlc)
(Notably missing fan favorites like Lute and Ross)
Guests
  • Reinhardt
  • Edelgard (or some other 3 houses character)
Villains
  • Black Knight
  • Nergal
  • Lyon
  • Superboss: Formortiis
*=clone
**=DLC
It isn't perfect with the limitations, but I tried my best.
Nino as DLC? This roster suc--
>Joshua
Hnnghhan

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

After posting this I realized Jaffar would probs end up as a Sothe clone.
Sorry I have Nino bias.
I mean she should be in base lol

But thanks for reminding me this thread exists. I really hope FEW2 becomes a thing soon because I really want to see if they'd actually fix the roster issues this time.

Troykv

Smash Master
Nino it's quite popular; if the next game has many Elibe characters, she will be one of them.

Also; if this game has Micaiah; I'll buy it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
All I'd want would be no clones.
It's not like any of the FE characters have to adhere to any sort of strict canon beyond their weapon and some references to their original criticals, so go wild beyond just slapping a moveset that kinda fits and calling it a day.

Nino it's quite popular; if the next game has many Elibe characters, she will be one of them.

Also; if this game has Micaiah; I'll buy it.
Nino is in, but she's part of a Jaffar tag team and if either one dies you lose.
recruitment fe7.png

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
All I'd want would be no clones.
It's not like any of the FE characters have to adhere to any sort of strict canon beyond their weapon and some references to their original criticals, so go wild beyond just slapping a moveset that kinda fits and calling it a day.
As much as I want there to be no clones, I do admit it helps get more similar characters in. Also it allows me to enjoy a moveset while also choosing a preferred character in terms of taste. IE Lianna > Rowan, Minerva > Camilla, Lucina > Chrom etc.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't really have much of a problem with clones, personally. In theory they should actually work pretty well with FE because of the class system, allowing the game to have multiple characters of the same class for much less effort, and thus be able to cover more FE games in the roster. (I actually thought this was how they were going to handle it originally, before it became clear they were only focusing on Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon.)

I don't know how much work clones take for Warriors games compared to unique characters, though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't really have much of a problem with clones, personally. In theory they should actually work pretty well with FE because of the class system, allowing the game to have multiple characters of the same class for much less effort, and thus be able to cover more FE games in the roster. (I actually thought this was how they were going to handle it originally, before it became clear they were only focusing on Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon.)

I don't know how much work clones take for Warriors games compared to unique characters, though.
That's fine, but sometimes some unique personality gets lost when cloning a moveset.
Probably the most egregious of which being Owain, who copies the utilitarian and strict moveset of Ryoma. In reality, I would hope Owain of all people would have a more flamboyant moveset as compared to Ryoma, at least outside his supers.

And as a personal biased note, it's kinda sad to see Lyn not do Iaijutsu but dual-wielding, which I'm pretty sure only Navarre uses.

As compared to the workload? Honestly probably significantly less work is saved as compared to Smash using clones. In musou games, you don't have to worry about balance beyond the singleplayer and even then balance takes a backseat as compared to player enjoyment. Less of a delicate balancing scale which even the smallest change could cascade into an unfun experience for another player.
On top of that, the cinematic super moves, where the bulk of the differences show up, are pretty damn flashy which I would imagine.

It'd still be work, with the characters' 5 combos being unique, but probably less so compared to Smash's multiplayer balancing headache.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm gonna revive this thread for a second because I wanted to ask whether y'all think we'll get Hyrule Warriors 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors 2 first.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm gonna revive this thread for a second because I wanted to ask whether y'all think we'll get Hyrule Warriors 2 or Fire Emblem Warriors 2 first.
FEW 2. Zelda right now is forced to do more and more obscure pulls while FE hasn't even scratched the surface of popular FE characters.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Is this a question?

Arachnea:
1. Marth
2. Caeda
3. Tiki
4. Minerva
5. Linde
6. Navarre
7. Camus
8. Draug

Valentia: (Not many majorly exciting characters so here.)
9. Alm
10. Celica
11. Valbar
12. Clive

Jugdral:
13. Sigurd
14. Ethlyn
15. Quan
16. Dierdre
17. Arden
18. Julia
19. Seliph
20. Leif
21. Mareeta
22. Brigid

Elibe:
23. Roy
24. Lilina
25. Hector
26. Eliwood
27. Lyn
28. Fae
29. Hawkeye
30. Igrene
31. Ninian

Tellius:
32. Ike
33. Mist
34. Titania
35. Soren
36. Micaiah
37. Sothe
38. Black Knight

Ylisse/Plegia:
39. Chrom
40. Lucina
41. Robin
42. Frederick
43. Cordelia
44. Lissa
45. Owain
46. Tharja
47. Olivia
48. Virion

Fates Continent:
49. Corrin
50. Azura
51. Kana
52. Leo
53. Elise
54. Xander
55. Camilla
56. Ryoma
57. Hinoka
58. Sakura
59. Takumi
60. Oboro
61. Niles
62. Shigure

Fodlan:
63. Byleth
64. Edelgard
65. Dimitri
66. Claude
67. Sothis

(Forgot Anna, Jaffar, Nino and Jagen.)

That's my roster.

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
I thank you for your contribution to keeping the dream alive. I've been trying to generate as much interest in this happening as possible, because FE Warriors really wasn't the game fans deserved.

Anyway, here's my concept for a Three Houses Warriors taken from Serenes Forest.

Modes

Story - A canon midquel to 3H, taking place during the 5 year war that players did not get to experience. Has multiple routes for Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri. Unlock Byleth and Rhea for Free Mode and History on completion of any route.

Free mode - Play story missions with no character restrictions at higher difficulty.

History mode - includes canon maps from Legacy FE games. Includes the full FE Warriors 1 roster, minus Rowan and Lianna, and new additions from older games.

New Gameplay Mechanics:

Alternate weapons - Every non-stone character has an alternate weapon type. Can swap mid fight. This helps distinguish clones. For example, Hinoka has Claude's flying bow moveset as an alternate while Caeda has Elincia's flying sword. Character weaknesses (ie: to cavalry slaying, anti-flier, dragonslaying, and armorslaying) carry over and models never change - only attack animations. Meaning no character can have both mounted an unmounted movesets.

Each character will now have 2 personal weapons, with KO requirements halved and rare skill drops doubled.

Every character now gets their innate skill for free, without having to take up a skill slot. The number of skill slots is unchanged and characters cannot learn/equip their own skill in said slots.

Updated weapon triangle. Swords/Daggers/Light beat Axes/Brawling/Dark beat Lances/Bows/Anima beat Swords/Daggers/Light. Stones are weak to all things untransformed and strong to all things while transformed.

Skills with random procs (Sol, Luna, Lethality, Aegis, Pavise, etc.) now trigger based on Luck and Skill, divided evenly, not just Luck. This is so that characters with high skill but low luck will now be viable. It also ensures that characters with high numbers in both will also be very strong in that regard.

Increased scaling of Strength and Magic drastically, reduced base damage. This is to make these stats actually matter.

Every weapon now has an innate skill, not just limited to slayer skills. Wo Dao could have Critical+, for example

Breakdown by Moveset:

Spoiler

Swords

Light Brand (Twins from FEW1):
Leif 1 (Has Staff)
Rhea 1 (Has Staff)
Sharena 2
Lysithea 2 (Has Staff)

Lord:
Marth 1
Alm 1
Celica 1
Roy 1

Hero:
Chrom 1
Lucina 1
Ike 1
Owain 1

Myrmidon:
Lyn 1
Navarre 1
Felix 1
Jaffar 2
Yuri 2 (Has Staff)

Thunderblade:
Ryoma 1
Robin 2
Takumi 2
Dimitri 2

Whip:
Byleth 1

Dancer:
Olivia 1
Linde 2

Cavalry:
Xander 1
Eirika 1
Leo 2
Marianne 2 (Has Staff)
Camus 2

Flier:
Elincia 1 (Has Staff)
Caeda 2
Claude 2
Constance 2 (Has Staff)

Lances

Lord:
Dimitri 1
Ephraim 1
Sharena 1
Chrom 2

Soldier:
Oboro 1
Roy 2
Hilda 2

Dancer:
Azura 1
Lewyn 2 (replace water particles with wind)

Paladin:
Camus 1
Sylvain 1
Frederick 2
Bernadetta 2
Linhardt 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:
Caeda 1
Cordelia 1 (Has Staff)
Hinoka 1 (Has Staff)
Seteth 1

Axes

Lord:
Edelgard 1
Hector 1
Ike 2
Lilina 2

Warrior:
Hilda 1
Navarre 2
Ephraim 2
Tharja 2

War Priest:
Lissa 1 (Has Staff)
Balthus 2 (Has Staff)
Anna 2
Annette 2
Marth 2

Great Knight:
Frederick 1
Xander 2
Hapi 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:
Minerva 1
Camilla 1
Seteth 2

Bows

Lord:
Takumi 1
Sakura 1 (Has Staff)
Lyn 2
Lucina 2
Alm 2

Thief:
Niles 1 (Has Staff)
Anna 1
Yuri 1 (Has Staff)
Sothe 2

Cavalry:
Bernadetta 1
Eirika 2
Elise 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:
Claude 1
Hinoka 2 (Has Staff)
Petra 2

Tomes

Dark:
Robin 1
Tharja 1
Lysithea 1 (Has Staff)
Edelgard 2
Owain 2

Light:
Linde 1 (Has Staff)
Micaiah 1 (Has Staff)
Lissa 2 (Has Staff)
Sakura 2 (Has Staff)
Leif 2 (Has Staff)
Azura 2

Fire:
Lilina 1,
Celica 2 (Has Staff)
Niles 2 (Has Staff)

Wind:
Lewyn 1
Annette 1
Oboro 2

Dark Knight (Cavalry):
Leo 1
Hapi 1 (Has Staff)
Sylvain 2

Holy Knight (Cavalry):
Linhardt 1 (Has Staff)
Marianne 1 (Has Staff)
Elise 1 (Has Staff)

Flying:
Constance 1 (Has Staff)
Cordelia 2 (Has Staff)
Camilla 2

Daggers:

Rogue:
Sothe 1
Jaffar 1
Ryoma 2
Olivia 2
Micaiah 2 (Has Staff)

Flying:
Petra 1
Elincia 2 (Has Staff)
Minerva 2

Brawling

Brawler:
Balthus 1 (Has Staff)
Felix 2
Byleth 2
Hector 2
Rhea 2 (Has Staff)

Stones (All share Tiki's mechanic of transforming when using Awakening Gauge)

Manakete:
Tiki

Yato:
Corrin

Dragon:
Nasir/Ena (Mutual Costumes)

Beast:
Ranulf/Lethe (Mutual Costumes)

Bird:
Naesala

Last edited:
Top Bottom