• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Discussion: Balancing Olimar's Budding System

Should the Budding System return?

• Yes, absolutely .

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • I can go either way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's fine now.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
As of 3.5 Olimar's Pikmin scale in knock back dependent on whether they were leaf, bud, or flower was drastically reduced for all Pikmin types albeit the Purple's nerf wasn't as severe.

3.5 Change:
**Olimar has been redesigned with a more normalized Pikmin game. In general, Reds and Blues now have roughly Budded KB at all stages, Yellows and Whites have Flowered KB at all stages. Purples still scale in KB, but not as much as they used to. Overall, Pikmin do less damage across all attacks with the exception of Back Aerial, Down Aerial and Smashes.

How do you think we can balance out the Budding System to make it more viable but not gimmicky?

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Uh, the KB/KBG does change. As pikmin change from leaf to bud to flower, they gain BKB in exchange for worse KBG so the overall knockback stays the same all around (I mean, it even said "roughly" in the changelog so...).

I would like to get the boost when they go from leaf to bud/flower as in 3.0, albeit a bit more reasonable (even though leaf wouldn't feel like **** if they brought back 3.0's system).

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Uh, the KB/KBG does change. As pikmin change from leaf to bud to flower, they gain BKB in exchange for worse KBG so the overall knockback stays the same all around (I mean, it even said "roughly" in the changelog so...).

I would like to get the boost when they go from leaf to bud/flower as in 3.0, albeit a bit more reasonable (even though leaf wouldn't feel like **** if they brought back 3.0's system).
Ohh I thought that meant that they stayed at a set knock back like for Red's and Blue's they would have Budded KB as if they were in 3.0 except for all stages.

No big deal I'll just change the title and what not so the discussion is more about what we can do to balance it out.

Thanks for the clarification!

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Normalizing all stages would make for more consistent attacks which I'm 100% in favor of. I wouldn't mind a health boost for budded and flowered Pikmin, but the power boost system feels like gimmicky design.

Top Bottom