• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [DISCONTINUED] ASH@WIT...The Premier Melee/PM Midwest Weekly!

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
THIS TOURNAMENT SERIES HAS ENDED. Thank you for all the memories!

WIT Gaming! 481 N Commons Dr Unit F in Aurora, Illinois. Located right next to the Fox Valley Mall and Papa Frescos.

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WITGames

Venue fee is 5$ per person which is payed directly to the venue. There is a tourney fee of 5$ for each game

Keep in mind, WIT has cheap and plentiful soda and energy drinks at the venue!

SCHEDULE:
5:00pm - Signups/friendlies
6:30pm - Melee starts
9:00pm - PM starts
2:00am - Venue closes

There is doubles brackets that alternate game every week, join the Facebook group to find our more!

Stream is on Twitch at AuroraSmash for Melee and on Smashcast at Shinecorp for PM.

Melee Ruleset:

Stage List

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

General Rules

*UCF is on
*Sets without UCF will not be replayed
* Items are set to off
* Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
* Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
* Double Blind: If elected
* Contest Port Priority: If elected
* Neutral Start: If elected
* DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
* Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
* Forced Character Selection: Off
* Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
* Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses.
* ALL SETS ARE BO3 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TOP 8 WHICH IS ALL BO5

PM Ruleset:

Project M 3.6 Ruleset

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 2 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Stage List:

Starters: GHZ, SV, BF, PS2, DS
Counterpicks: WL, FD, FoD, DL64

2 Bans, Character First

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* ALL SETS ARE BO3 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TOP 8 WHICH IS ALL BO5
* Items set to “off” and “none.”
* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* DSR Modified: During the counterpicking process, a player is not allowed to choose any counterpick stage they have previously won on in the current set. Best of 5 Set counts have one exception to this: For Game 5 counterpick exclusively, the stage where Game 1 was previously played, is now available again for counterpicking and stage banning.
* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not. (Exceptions can be made on textures, etc.)
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.
* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump)
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
* Giga Bowser, WarioMan, etc. is banned.

Last edited:

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
Glad this crew has found a venue. Looking to make it out to one of these every now and then.

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
Why is there no prize pot?
Right now we are shooting for a less serious environment where players of all skill levels can come and work on getting better. We might be changing this in the future if we grow larger, but if you are looking for a prize pot our monthly on the 21st has one.

no1cares

Smash Rookie
can you tell me about more about the holiday inn toureny? is the addressee 2424 W Sullivan Rd and is the venue the holiday inn because on the facebook page venue is listed as TBD?

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
can you tell me about more about the holiday inn toureny? is the addressee 2424 W Sullivan Rd and is the venue the holiday inn because on the facebook page venue is listed as TBD?
We are currently in the process of changing venues for MTG. We are planning to have it at WIT but we just have to finalize some things first. An announcement will be made after Friday.

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
We have decided to switch the times for Melee and PM. PM will be first at 6:00 and Melee will be second at 8:30. I have edited the schedule to disperse confusion.

no1cares

Smash Rookie
do you still have to come at 5:00 to sign up even though you're playing melee?

Last edited:

UndeadZed

Smash Rookie
I'm going to try to make it out there and bring a friend. How many setups are going to be there? Also should I bring my Melee Cube?

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
There is a ton of
I'm going to try to make it out there and bring a friend. How many setups are going to be there? Also should I bring my Melee Cube?
There is a ton of space for setups so if you have em, bring em.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
**UPDATE - MELEE AND PM WILL BE SWITCHING TIMES EVERY WEEK. MARCH 13 WILL BE MELEE FIRST.**

Number4

Smash Rookie
When do Melee sign-ups close?
Also, will you allow the use of Wavebird wireless controllers?

Last edited:

pseudomac

Smash Apprentice
When do Melee sign-ups close?
Also, will you allow the use of Wavebird wireless controllers?
Sign ups will end when the tourney starts around 6. It will never start earlier than 6. If youre late and need to be put in bracket, you can message me on here or tweet at me @Pseudo_Mac.

ISU_SMASH

Smash Rookie
Probs won't make it out next Friday (I could surprise everyone lol). I'll be ready to body everyone Saturday tho.

Xylq

Smash Rookie
Still looking forward to seeing the video's from last week. I have to know what happened to me in that LSD money match!

no1cares

Smash Rookie
okay man i'll return to you next friday, but maybe sooner if you wanna meet up or something.

Top Bottom