• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Disciples of Dark Samus

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I use a Gamecube controller with C stick set to Specials ordinarily, but I do sometimes use the Pro Controller with the set up in this video:

Left shoulder button (I use ZL out of preference) and C stick set to tilts, the timestamp for it in the video is about 2:13-2:46 followed by visual demonstrations.

I practiced the motions numerous times for both until it became second nature (it's somewhat easier for me doing neutral specials on GCN, same principle as using C stick to do N-air when using tilt stick). Even if you don't end up using it much, it's an informative video/helps understand it for when opponents use things like this

Another good timestamp is 5:52.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I use a Gamecube controller with C stick set to Specials ordinarily, but I do sometimes use the Pro Controller with the set up in this video:

Left shoulder button (I use ZL out of preference) and C stick set to tilts, the timestamp for it in the video is about 2:13-2:46 followed by visual demonstrations.

I practiced the motions numerous times for both until it became second nature (it's somewhat easier for me doing neutral specials on GCN, same principle as using C stick to do N-air when using tilt stick). Even if you don't end up using it much, it's an informative video/helps understand it for when opponents use things like this

Another good timestamp is 5:52.
C stick for specials?... Interesting.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Small nitpick, but seeing this made me wish they would have added Dark Samus to the Metroid 'rivals' image, at least in the background.

I get it's only "main" villains (or at least one per series) and all unique moveset/characters, but I would have loved seeing DS in this stylized artstyle.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

Small nitpick, but seeing this made me wish they would have added Dark Samus to the Metroid 'rivals' image, at least in the background.

I get it's only "main" villains (or at least one per series) and all unique moveset/characters, but I would have loved seeing DS in this stylized artstyle.
I'm getting serious "U Got That" vibes from this.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Any tips vs wolf? I'm lost on what samus can even DO in this matchup after facing one with her today. at range that accursed blaster is not only spammable and faster than both missile and charge shot but also outprioritizes charge shot for some ungodly reason whilst up close the disjoints on his claws seem to eat up all my normals so.. if i can't approach but i also can't play the defensive waiting game what am I supposed to do?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It'd be a neat feature if the Dark Samus amiibo could be used for Metroid Prime 4 to give Samus a Dark Samus skin.

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Spread this around. We can get Damus fixed in a single patch
I tagged Sora Sakurai and Nintendo of America and explained the problems. Hopefully these will be corrected in the next patch. Retweet my retweet if you must so Nintendo will know what the problems are.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been absent for a little while but I'm back. Been doing pretty well with Dark Samus over the months. She's currently my second most used behind Link.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Just noticed the funniest detail with :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: When they miss their grab, they shake their fist in anger, no doubt cursing Sakurai for the slow startup.

Other interesting details with :ultdarksamus: animations:
- After moves where she shares animations with Samus, she very briefly assumes Samus' idle where she places her left hand on the arm cannon.
- She tends to keep her left hand open in her unique animations, but closes it into a fist in shared animations, like Samus does.
- This can be hard to see due to the effects, but like in her Final Smash, her arm cannon also breaks open when she uses her f-smash, fully charged Charge Shot or Super Missile.
- She has a really creepy animation when you turn around from a run and stand still. She kinda twists her upper body in an unnatural looking way. Very fitting.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Just noticed the funniest detail with :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:: When they miss their grab, they shake their fist in anger, no doubt cursing Sakurai for the slow startup.

Other interesting details with :ultdarksamus: animations:
- After moves where she shares animations with Samus, she very briefly assumes Samus' idle where she places her left hand on the arm cannon.
- She tends to keep her left hand open in her unique animations, but closes it into a fist in shared animations, like Samus does.
- This can be hard to see due to the effects, but like in her Final Smash, her arm cannon also breaks open when she uses her f-smash, fully charged Charge Shot or Super Missile.
- She has a really creepy animation when you turn around from a run and stand still. She kinda twists her upper body in an unnatural looking way. Very fitting.
Yeah she has some really cool animations that are true to character. I think it would have been neat if they even slightly tweaked some of the shared animations too (like still keeping an open hand or looking a bit more loose in terms of posture), but it's no big deal. I really like how her cannon breaks apart for those attacks, and you can even see Phazon tendrils growing out of it when she uses missiles.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
woah you should probably put them in Models Resource
I want to, but the ripper explicitly requested that assets ripped using his tool not be uploaded there.
I'll respect his wishes, but I'm not gonna stop anyone if they want to rip models themselves with HECL.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Models have been ripped from Prime before. What's different about this tool? Seems like it might rip things in higher fidelity, somehow, but I can't say for sure.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Models have been ripped from Prime before. What's different about this tool? Seems like it might rip things in higher fidelity, somehow, but I can't say for sure.
Apparently the endgame is getting Prime to run natively on PC without an emulator and infinite modding potential last I checked.

Also whatever models I do manage to find on Model's resource aren't properly rigged.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Apparently the endgame is getting Prime to run natively on PC without an emulator and infinite modding potential last I checked.

Also whatever models I do manage to find on Model's resource aren't properly rigged.
Ah yes, I saw an article about that the other day. Pretty ballsy project. I saw one of the four guys on the team getting pretty defensive about it on Reddit when people were saying it was going to get a cease and desist, saying that they're not using any ripped assets and all that, because apparently you have to provide the game files yourself from a legally-owned copy of the game. I'd love to see it happen, but I think the team is pretty out of their mind if they don't think that Nintendo is going to bring the hammer down on an unlicensed port of one of their first-party games, whether it be just a framework or not.

By the way, I see you all the time in the TwoBestFriendsPlay subreddit! I'm Diem_Robo over there.

Top Bottom