• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Directional Air-Dodge Bouncing (This Needs to be Addressed)

Uffe

Smash Hero
This isn't a technique, it's a flaw. Two times with Ness I've done a direction air-dodge into the ledge and ended up bouncing off the ledge and SDing because of it. This has nothing to do with regrabbing the ledge, either, as I'm not the type to do this, nor have I ever found myself in a situation where I would need to do this. Has this happened to anybody else? I'm hoping Sakurai or Nintendo fixes this issue, because I'm starting to not trust myself to recover this way, which could lead me in a bad spot by having to constantly recover with PK Thunder 2. I think if more people know about this, the chances of this being patched to work properly will happen. Nobody should be going for a safe option only to SD because of some overlooked flaw that I'm sure can be easily fixed.

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
I dont think ive had this problem myself but i feel like i might have seen others do it, i can remember 1 kirby specifically, but at the time i thought it was just a bad dodge//placement? Wonder how many other people have actually had a problem with it

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Were you holding Down on the control stick?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Teching out of tumble into a wall is a thing in this game, for some reason. It might catch you by surprise if you didn't know that, but it's just a regular ol' wall tech so once you know it can happen you shouldn't be SDing from it.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This happened to me today with my Samus. I normally don't DAD toward the ledge, but I did today and I bounced away to my death.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Were you holding Down on the control stick?
Nope.
Teching out of tumble into a wall is a thing in this game, for some reason. It might catch you by surprise if you didn't know that, but it's just a regular ol' wall tech so once you know it can happen you shouldn't be SDing from it.
I wasn't tumbling, and it's not teching, either. It has a similar animation to Ness' PK Thunder 2 wallbounce, except it causes him to just free fall without any way of recovering.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
What stage? I’ve seen goofy things like that happen on PS2. They fixed the slopes on stages like Lylat but PS2 can still bone some recoveries, especially teleport recoveries. Wouldn’t doubt it could do something like that with an airdodge too.

Also a video would be nice, even if it’s a cellphone video or something. I’m genuinely interested because it’s never happened to me.

Uffe

Smash Hero
What stage? I’ve seen goofy things like that happen on PS2. They fixed the slopes on stages like Lylat but PS2 can still bone some recoveries, especially teleport recoveries. Wouldn’t doubt it could do something like that with an airdodge too.

Also a video would be nice, even if it’s a cellphone video or something. I’m genuinely interested because it’s never happened to me.
I've been playing on tri-plat stages. So any form of those because I'm usually on Elite Smash, and I also play on Battlefield. It has happened on Final Destination as well.

Top Bottom