• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Direct Counter?

Palutena

Smash Rookie
My friends always tell me it's incredibly cheap when I play Pit against their Ness or Lucas. They can literally never recover when I'm standing on the ledge and use down special. As far as I know, they can't do anything about it. Would this be considered cheap, or is it in need of a change? I hope not, because I love doing it. I just tell them to sweetspot the ledge, but I don't even know if that works against the shield. Any comments appreciated.

pipp

Dogfish
NNID
Kirby747
3DS FC
1289-8230-4554
Lucas can use his tether and Ness should be able to sweetspot the ledge, but can also use his airdodge to get back on stage if he's close enough. It may be a good gimping option, but isn't deserving of a nerf imo.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
the sweetspot works, as does mixing up the angles like a Fox would do. It's really not even that rare—Mario's cape does the same thing.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Lucas can get past this with Tether. Ness could mix up his recovery.

It's still a good edgeguard in a lot of situations

Last edited:
Top Bottom