• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dimensions VS - PC Platform Fighter - See us at PAX Aus!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
This looks interesting. I have questions.

1. Will it have a sequel IF you guys make it big?
2. Besides PC, what other consoles do you plan on doing?
3. Will it even have DLC for it? Like fighters, stages, etc.? I had an idea in mind for a DLC/regular fighter.

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
This looks interesting. I have questions.

1. Will it have a sequel IF you guys make it big?
2. Besides PC, what other consoles do you plan on doing?
3. Will it even have DLC for it? Like fighters, stages, etc.? I had an idea in mind for a DLC/regular fighter.
Happy to answer :)
1. Currently we're focused entirely on the game as it is. That said though we'll be continually updating the game with new content and features post-launch :)
2. We're currently solely focused on PC for now - it's much easier to focus on one platform at a time. We're not against developing for other platforms in the future though!
3. Continuing on from the first question, our plans are to at least double the roster from launch, with various guest characters, new stages and other content.

Thanks for the questions!

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
Happy to answer :)
1. Currently we're focused entirely on the game as it is. That said though we'll be continually updating the game with new content and features post-launch :)
2. We're currently solely focused on PC for now - it's much easier to focus on one platform at a time. We're not against developing for other platforms in the future though!
3. Continuing on from the first question, our plans are to at least double the roster from launch, with various guest characters, new stages and other content.

Thanks for the questions!
Thanks for the answers. I just find this game very promising no matter how it will turn out. It just looks so freaking real! :D

RagnorokX

Smash Cadet
One thing I have to say:when attacks land they seem... flimsy and just NOT impactful. I don't really know how else to say it, but they just feel off and the hit sound just seems weak.

artifice

Smash Ace
One thing I have to say:when attacks land they seem... flimsy and just NOT impactful. I don't really know how else to say it, but they just feel off and the hit sound just seems weak.
I get the same feel. Some part of that perhaps, I feel the characters blending too smoothly into their hit-lag animations, and so the hit-stun (freezing of motion) coming so early in that animation it does not emphasize the hit enough. That hit-stun needs to show the character already in a similar position they would be in if they were flying across stage.

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
I get the same feel. Some part of that perhaps, I feel the characters blending too smoothly into their hit-lag animations, and so the hit-stun (freezing of motion) coming so early in that animation it does not emphasize the hit enough. That hit-stun needs to show the character already in a similar position they would be in if they were flying across stage.
We agree - hitstop isn't quite complete at the moment, and that's one contributor to our current lack of emphasis of impact. When hitstop is fully implemented, a character will immediately go into their flinch animations when hit.
We're also updating a few animations to put stronger emphasis on key poses, so that when the characters freeze the impact will feel that much more powerful.
As for sound - SFX is something we're constantly working on improving. We'll scour the sound packs we have for now for some better ones - but hopefully we'll get a dedicated sound guy at some point!
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Last edited:

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
Long time, no update!
We've been super hard at work, deep in production on this massive undertaking. Unfortunately, that meant we totally neglected to keep you guys up to date about the going ons of the project!
The biggest hurdle we've recently tackled is rebuilding the game to incorporate netcode into everything, meaning we'll (hopefully) have online ready for Day 1!
Additionally, we've redesigned several characters kits to be more coherent and true to their designs and playstyles. Hiro has a faster, more rush-down focused moveset, and Empurr is easier to pick up with less mechanics to worry about!
Furthermore, we've changed our animation pipeline (redoing some old moves in the process). We now take frame data into account far more when actually animating. Meaning our moves come out faster, feel better when they land, and are generally more balanced.
So please rest assured, we've definitely been working on the game!

Anyway, on to the pretty stuff!

Last Location has received a bit of an overhaul - the stage is now much brighter and easier to see, and the background has been toned down to let characters stand out!

Major Renegade now has a fully fleshed out kit! Here's a preview of their Up-Special, Destiny Ascension - a rocket-powered uppercut that launches them skyward, with an optional follow up slash!

We hope you look forward to seeing more of Renegade, as we try to keep you all updated!

SM Sola

Smash Cadet

Renegade's gotten a visual update, and has had all their costumes updated as well!
In addition to being prettier, they're also easier to see against darker backgrounds thanks to the lighter colours and glowing lights!

Here are the old versions of Renegade for reference -

Major Renegades Alternate Colours​

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
Time for the weekly update! Development has been coming along well - Renegade now has all of their mechanics implemented, and we've refined ground movement for all characters a bit more, so sprinting, sliding, and turning on the ground now feels a lot better! We hope to be able to showcase some of our general gameplay improvements in the not too distant future!

Here's a look at Major Renegade's Down Special - Armour Lock/Orbital Descent!
Armour Lock (Grounded)
Major Renegade slams the floor and locks their armor in place, creating a protective bubble capable of shielding damage and reflecting projectiles. Holding this move overcharges the shield, causing a short ranged explosion that sends enemies flying!
Orbital Descent (Airborne)
Renegade reels back and drops like a meteor, crushing anybody unlucky enough to be below them! This move can instantly transition into Armour Lock as soon as Renegade touches the ground, but is incredibly risky to use off stage!

Thanks for reading, and check back next week for some more Renegade goodness!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Interesting! At first I thought these characters might all be from different properties I've never heard of, but if they're all original, I must say you have some excellent character designers.

Overall, I have to say I like it. While it's clearly still in development, I'd say it shows a lot more heart and soul than a game like Icons which has a multimillion dollar budget yet failed to produce anything nearly as interesting. I hope this goes well for you guys.

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
As promised, more Renegade - this time, we're showing off their forward special - Reckless Charge!

Reckless Charge
Renegade quickly closes the distance, catching enemies in a trample that carries and throws them forwards!
Reckless Charge can be used to chase enemies Renegade has just launched, or combined with Destiny Ascension to make for an extremely powerful recovery!

Check back next week for the final piece of Renegade's kit!

Interesting! At first I thought these characters might all be from different properties I've never heard of, but if they're all original, I must say you have some excellent character designers.

Overall, I have to say I like it. While it's clearly still in development, I'd say it shows a lot more heart and soul than a game like Icons which has a multimillion dollar budget yet failed to produce anything nearly as interesting. I hope this goes well for you guys.
Yep, our initial roster is composed entirely of original characters, so we're glad you like them :)
Thanks for the encouraging words, and for understanding that the game's still in its early stages - we'll be doing our best!

SM Sola

Smash Cadet
Here's Renegades final Special attack - their Neutral Special, Hardlight Grenade!

Hardlight Grenade

Renegade has access to specialty use Hardlight Grenades which turn into miniature minefields when detonated. These are incredibly versatile and allow Renegade to control the battlefield, becoming a brutal finisher to combos and forcing enemies to fight on the Major's terms!

Renegade's playstyle revolves around setting up moves using this grenade - either comboing into powerful smashes while the enemy is stunned, or using their carrying Up/Side Specials to reliably get extra damage off.
The grenades can also be used to set up the stage to the Major's advantage, making enemies wary of the grenade zone and potentially opening up opportunities of attack!

And that's the end of our spotlight on Renegade - for now. What do you guys think of the Major's kit? :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom