• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dimensional Cape Drift (3.5 only!)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
...Nah, don't worry about it. It's too complex to explain accurately in words without miscommunication. I'll just try it in a few days when I use my friend's wii.
Quick question
This isn't faster then** running, right? .

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
My phone was messing up. Meant to ask, is this faster then running?

JABS

Smash Cadet
um, its simpler to just run up and grab a ledge, but you drift for mixups from DC, you can even space from a normally predictable move.

N00B64

Smash Cadet
I really don't see why this would need to be removed. it takes much more effort then a superwavedash, yet samus gets to keep that.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that this isn't removed! I mean, some of melee's AT's were accidental, and PMDT should have some of that charm. Metaknight has a hard enough time with being super light and a fast faller, he need this to be flashy.

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
This is soooo much harder than it looks. But this needs to be ready for the tournament this weekend so I'll keep workin on it. I've done it a few times so far so maybe soon I'll get the hang of it. This is an amazing guide, also I saw @ DawnClutch DawnClutch somewhere on here and man am I looking forward to that MK in depth guide later this month. Keep up the amazing work everyone!

JABS

Smash Cadet
Random fact: If you do a full hop (begin DC at a distance at least one MK unit height above a battlefield platform) and perform the drift, you will be able to move twice the distance while moving upwards, meaning you theoretically can either move further distance in any direction, or the drift distance is based on an acceleration formula where he accelerated in the invisible DC animation, which we wouldn't know since hes invisible. Who'd like to help me gather data on this interesting philosophy?

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to be able to help out with that, I don't have a capture card so it'd be hard to get footage, but I could do some testing in the lab if given some ideas and some frame data. I might be able to gather some frame data. We can PM about it if you wanna collab and work on it.

Top Bottom