• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DIME 8 Results 2/22

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
like wow Gabe omg how did you get these results up soooo fast. you're soooooooo cooool.

1: GC | Silent Wolf + MIOM | Toph ($168)
2: GG | Mojo + Jake13 ($84)
3: Dr Drew the Dragon + Bluezaft ($28)
4: AG | ARC + JF
5: God is Great (SOS + King)
5: Disafter + UTDZac
7: DMT + Sizzle
7: Mew + Boomstick
9: Denthorn + Billy
9: TSC + Pawl
9: Best Friend Jon + Bro
9: loud dog + JESUS
13: LK + Enso
13: McBad + Oracle
13: Hamyojo + lunchables
13: Thoraxe + Thin Mint
17: PTJon + Cole
17: Reapers soul death + bubbles
17: Aspen + Scaremonger
17: Ouki + Richi
17: Xori + Pinku
17: Paging Dr Sir Douglas + Jolt 135
17: Noop + Suxr
17: 2 bit + Docock
25: Vurmin + Aliami
25: Penguin + Redshadow
25: eanh + Nnja
25: Z + Doxy

1: GC | Silent Wolf :foxmelee: ($511.50)
2: GG | Mojo :foxmelee: :marthmelee: :falconmelee: ($232.50)
3: AG | ARC :marthmelee: ($93)
4: MIOM | Toph :foxmelee: ($46.50)
5: SOS :sheikmelee: :foxmelee: :falcomelee: :marthmelee: ($23.25)
5: Jake13 :falcomelee: :foxmelee: ($23.25)
7: TSC :falconmelee:
7: Tirno :falcomelee:
9: Boomstick :falcomelee:
9: Disafter :foxmelee: :sheikmelee:
9: MT :marthmelee:
9: Pawl :ganondorfmelee:
13: Lunchables
13: JF
13: Admiral
13: Best friend Jon
17: Nike
17: Hamyojo
17: JESUS
17: McBad
17: Mew
17: Thoraxe
17: pootdabox
17: Dr Drew the Dragon
25: Penguin
25: King
25: Redshadow
25: Sizzle
25: Oracle
25: Saravia
25: LK
25: Denthorn

i'll update with payouts later

Last edited:

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Great tourney! And it didn't run over time! :O :O :O Wish we didn't have to start shutting down right after bracket, but you know, it's a store.

Shoutouts to...
@Mojo for Texas DIME 8 champ.
@Aliami Armador for being alive and all that good stuff.
...My Pool for showing how this large number of entrants really equates a pool stacked with good players.
@Thin Mint for requesting a rematch. It'll happen! The Peach strikes fear...
@Ezra for friendlies. You 2-0'd me in DIME 5 pools, guess I'm a little better now. Money match in the future? :O
@Calm Animal for more friendlies. Bowser so strong. Wish PaRG2's matches were recorded as opposed to today's. XD Ggs.
@ElementOfSmash for Marth teams. We bad! Also, gogogo www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFCQIAnYUMM
@Jesi because we hadn't played until now. Such skill, good games.
@ Scaremonger Scaremonger even though we didn't MM. Did you leave early? Would have mm'd earlier, but I arrived late and wanted to warmup before pools. Next time.
@Wobbles and @Admiral for wobbling me in real life.
Also, Admiral's I.C.s sans-wobbling bested me better than Wobble's SoPo at PaRG2. :S

Good games, all. Shout out to the Tourney Locator stream, and those who commentated. Yay hype. It looks better in the archives than it did on the TVs at the venue.
Must train for DIME 9.

BY THE WAY LAST MATCH OF GRAND FINALS OFF-SCREEN AND STUFF BECAUSE HERE WATCH:

Last edited:

xoRi

Smash Rookie
this bracket was stacked like Lincoln Logs, damn.

(and like the fat stacks SW left with lol)

PS I will probably post a few pics tomorrow because last Dime I did that and people seemed to kinda like it. I took only took a few.

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
Everyone touched Silent Wolfs banana
Mojo, sweet playing that MM + friendlies with you at Tadeo's house after. You're a cool dude. Also my Falcon wrecked your Yoshi hard :3:3:3
Toph, fun meeting you and playing with you first round of bracket. You should have gone Pikachu, though.
TSC you got a sick Kirby and it scared me a ton, can't believe I clutched that 5$ MM out at the end. Those neutral B's and two hit combos are killer.
Boomstick, really sorry for both of us I wasn't playing very well, especially game one, but it's not like you didn't deserve that win. I'm just sad I didn't get to be tested vs you at my full potential. I really hope we play more in the future, I really wanna learn that Falco MU and beat you high level birds >:3
MT, fun friendly. I forgot who you were and was doing okay against you because of it, haha. Well play more soon, sorry we didn't get to MM
Pawl, rad Ganon and fun friendlies, man! Imagine if we teamed!? Yoshidorf FTW!
Lunchables, arent you like 12 or something
JF, we WILL play Yoshi/DK. It will happen.
King, the salt is reeeeeeeeeel (jk, our games are crazy tho)
Oracle with that Danky Kank. Also thanks for teaching me what a runback is.
Denthorn, welcome back to Melee. Pls stay. pls.
Hamzah you had your birthday at this, why. was it even good

Shout outs to the crowd during my match vs King, the "Roy's our boy!" chant was hilarious.

And, of course, Gabe and the FX crew. Amazingly run tourney, really fun for everyone it seemed. Kinda sucks you can't play but you do not get enough thanks for helping Texas Smash as much as you do.

Last edited:

mydadsacop123

Smash Apprentice
ME AND THORAXE TAKE ALL UR HACKYSACK MUNNIE
great tournament gabe is great
Houston rules
San antonio rules
Austin rules
O doyle rules
Texas rules

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
Great tournament. Sorry I was too tired to chill w Yall after. Was a lot of fun meeting all you legends. Safe trips home!

BIGJOHNSONxPWNS

Smash Apprentice
@Scotch98' - Weren't you the salty kid who was raging all day? (; No but seriously you dropped your fedora.
@ W WaterlessFishie - Great job running the tourney. It was ran so legit this time I think everyone was really impressed.
@Aliami Armador - Pretty sad that you couldn't shake my hand after I bopped you. The "I wasn't trying" johns were cute, even though you obviously were. I legitimately tried to be nice to you all tourney but dude you make it so damn hard to that I just couldn't after we finished playing. It was nice taking your $5 with ease.
@ xoRi xoRi - Good Falco dittos in pools. Next time I won't SD 50 million times lol
@ZachAttax64 - It was good to play you again. You have to admit my Falco is improving quite a bit. At least since that first tourney you bopped me at. Soon...
@ Silent Wolf Silent Wolf - Wish I could have gotten in a MM in with you but you were always in tourney or in another MM. Glad I could at least get in that quick game at the very end before everything shut down. Good meeting you and congrats on the win. Hopefully I'll be at another tourney you're at soon.
Best Friend Jon - Holy balls your Luigi is sexy. Thoroughly enjoyed getting wrecked by you in our MM.
Chris - Told you that you could make it out of pools *wink*

And shout outs to everyone in general. It's amazing seeing these MONTHLIES approach the 100 entrants mark.

Last edited:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Great tournament once again Gabe, extremely impressed with how well it was run. This was probably the most stacked DFW tournament ever, I went into it not expecting to make it out of pools but I'm still happy with my performance regardless.

I recorded all the games played on TV 10, which was the one on the end of the first row of tables that had the laptop right next to it. If anyone that played on that set up wants footage of them playing please PM me and I will be sure to get the video to you. All the tournament sets I recorded will also get uploaded to YouTube, as well as the streamed matches once I figure out the most efficient way to obtain Twitch archive videos.

Shoutouts:

Cole: It was fun teaming with you dude, shame we had such a tough bracket. I also kinda SD'd a lot which definitely didn't help... Also really great mm dude, that was some intense stuff. We definitely need to do another next time.

@AbsoluteBlack: I'm sorry to hear that you weren't feeling great dude. Its a shame we weren't able to play, but I look forward to being able to next time.

Ezra: The MM we had at Tadeo's was really fun, we definitely need to do a bo5 next time.

@Siro: Those dittos we played were kinda silly, but i enjoyed the Doc/Falco matches we had. I'd be down to MM or just play some more next time.

@ hamyojo hamyojo : Fun MMs as usual dude, hopefully I can take a game off you soon =/

@Zhea: The one friendly we played was really fun, its a shame we didn't play more. Hopefully we'll be able to play more/MM next time you're down in DFW

And huge shout outs and thanks to Silent Wolf and Toph for coming all the way down to Texas, it was awesome to see both of you play.

D

Deleted member

1: GC | Silent Wolf - Jesus Christ why are you so good, you pick the correct option every time. Stopppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp (Also sorry I rubbed your banana)
2: GG | Mojo - Pretty sure you guys were either drunk or high when we played dubs but your response was hard to determine
3: AG | ARC - We almost had dubs, after that set I kind of just didn't care lol
4: Toph - Only 4th? Dissapoint
5: SOS - I can show you how to get pm for usb loading
7: Tirno - Bracket was fun, when I heard "Lunchables vs. Tirno" I was like welp... Time to see if I can get a choke or 2. We should play friendlies, I can take a game eventually
9: Boomstick - Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser Laser
9: Disafter - That capture card IS SO BEAUTIFUL, I really really want it but I'm not even sure if my computer is compatible ; _ ;
9: MT - Marth
13: Lunchables - This is why you play PM
13: JF - If I'm Zachables, you have to change your name to just "Freak"
13: Admiral - Everyone is an asshole to you, why does everyone always have to play peach?!? Why can't we just have marths actually play marth, arc and mt are traitors
17: Nike - Marth dittos are jank af
17: Hamyojo - The King Treatment (TKT) Is a legit thing now. Do it more often please
17: McBad - Hahahahahahaha you don't know how to beat maaaaarth you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
17: Mew - I outplaced you LOL
17: Thoraxe - I outplaced you LOL
25: Penguin - That set was nasty :(
25: King - Welcome to DFW, Population YOSHI
25: Sizzle - I'm STILL dissapointed that you lost to connor
25: Oracle - DK is broken, he has auto combos and his down smash is so beautiful
25: Denthorn - How do you lose a game to aliami LOLOLOLOLOL
Problemo: You're soooooo rusty, I could tell that you are not adjusted to anything but PM
Gentle Breeze: Yeah you've gotten better but I still kind of solidly 2-0'd you... Falcoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

So I said I'd get a rush for melee again... I guess I'll re-phrase that
Before I wanted to ABANDON melee, and now I don't. I still consider PM my better game and it'll still always be my bigger focus. I'll still probably always play melee though. My youth belongs to Project Baby Gimmicks

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
DIME 8 was probably the best DIME I've been to so far, learning-wise. I feel like I discovered a bunch of things I was doing wrong and improved overall. God, I'm so ****ing good at this game. Thanx for putting it on gabe, your theb est.

But anyway, I do want to give a few shoutouts to some people:

Thanks a ton to anyone I money matched. I was sort of forced to leave early, so there were many more money matches I wanted to do that went unfulfilled, but those will happen next time. And to anyone I already money matched, set aside a dollar for next tournament too, because I want all the MMs I can get.

Toph: ur bad.

PTJon: thanks for the Doc training. I look forward to playing with you again, because as of now, Doc is one of my worst matchups. Marth vs. Doc is a fun matchup though, I think I'm going to continue doing that.

Quote: You've got a really technical Fox. I heard from PTJon that you've really put in work on learning the character, and it definitely shows. I'm going to win next time, though.

Calm Animal: Nice Bowser, Fox vs. Bowser is one of my favorite matchups against a low tier since I know the matchup a little bit. Good games.

Dr. Drew: Thanks for the Money Match. Sheik is yet another character that none of my friends really play, so I'm glad to get some experience in that matchup.

Cole: Sick peach impressions, man. You've really got the dsmash animation down to a science. I don't think I got a chance to play you this DIME, but if I'm ever at any of the UTD smash fests (which I may be attending next year), I'd like to play a few matches with you.

Hamlin: This is, I think, the 6th money match we've played? Don't sweat the results, though, you're getting a lot better. I feel like you might be able to win one by DIME 9.

King: Another person I got a money match with, which I appreciate.

Tirno: Your Falco is okay. I'm glad I got to play a set against a good Falco, since I'm trying to train one as an alt that I might use against Sheik/Peach, since I absolutely despise those matchups with Fox.

AbsoluteBlack: I was so close to taking that third game in the set we played, I'm really kicking myself over that. I thought I had that in the bag, and I really dropped the ****ing ball. Good games, though.

Soup: Your Marth is probably less f-smash happy than my Marth is at this point, tbh. All you need to do now is not suck everywhere else ;)

WEB: Yeah, I wanted to get that MM with you, but I did end up having to leave early. I was pretty pumped for it, since Pinku told me that your Marth got a lot better since last DIME, but it ended up falling through I guess. Next time, definitely.

Anyone else I played against: Thanks a ton for the matches. Whether we MM'd or just played friendlies, I appreciate the games. It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't get to stay until the end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll probably come and edit for Shoutouts later, but I dunno. I'll say two things though.

I'm pretty satisfied on how I performed, I could have performed a hella lot better in pools, but it's okay. Being salty has its consequences.

And finally, I'm really sorry about the MM's, Aliami. You're a lot better than that, I don't know why I did so well against you.

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
yeah ggs im still mad that my fox mu is a fraud though
Come play with xoRi, Pinku, and I then. I main Fox, and Pinku has a pocket fox. If you get a netplay adapter and don't have terrible internet, we'll be playing on dolphin like every night probably. Up until the night before PaRG 2, Marth was easily my worst matchup, which is why Hiya's terrible marth was doing some wacky **** against me in that MM at DIME 7. Otherwise, no Johns.

S0UPER HACKER

Smash Cadet
Come play with xoRi, Pinku, and I then. I main Fox, and Pinku has a pocket fox. If you get a netplay adapter and don't have terrible internet, we'll be playing on dolphin like every night probably. Up until the night before PaRG 2, Marth was easily my worst matchup, which is why Hiya's terrible marth was doing some wacky **** against me in that MM at DIME 7. Otherwise, no Johns.
ill play whenever i have literally no life lmaoo

D

Deleted member

HAHAHA I BEAT YOU WITH MY FOX
So what? I threw away that match. I don't even play Melee anymore. I know I sound like I'm johning but it's the truth. I really don't care about Melee anymore. To be completely honest with you dude I decided to play Icies this tournament without ever playing them in melee because I ended up beating people in friendlies with them and they kinda suck in Project: M.

I quit Melee because I'm frankly sick of people like you and I'm sick of having to play Puff against everyone who always plays Marth. Literally EVERYONE in my pool played ****ing MARTH.
(On a side note though in one match I JV4 stocked your Marth with no practice #FRAYYY :gova:)

Last edited by a moderator:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
@ Scaremonger Scaremonger : GGs dude, I hope I was helpful when we played. But after rewatching the matches I noticed that the game you went Fox was much closer than the ones where you went Marth. I feel like if you get a little more comfortable in the match up as Fox, especially defensively vs. Doc, you would see some good results.

Also shout out to those pins and whoever made them, they were really cool!

D

Deleted member

[collapse=GOTTA COLLECT EM' ALL! ]

[/collapse]

p.s.
We need some Metaknight pins that are all bent up and trashy.
I think it's the perfect symbol of how broken he is. :kappa:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scaremonger

Smash Apprentice
@ PTJon PTJon : Yeah, I probably play better with Fox against Doc because I main Fox, lol. I dunno, most of my matchups as Fox are better than they are as Marth, but Marth is fun, and I want an excuse to use him. I'll probably end up sticking with Fox, though.

Last edited:

PTJon

Smash Cadet
@ PTJon PTJon : Yeah, I probably play better with Fox against Doc because I main Fox, lol. I dunno, most of my matchups as Fox are better than they are as Marth, but Marth is fun, and I want an excuse to use him. I'll probably end up sticking with Fox, though.
Ey, whatevers most fun dude! Thats why I play Doc haha

D

Deleted member

Who was the selling the pins yesterday? If anyone knows let me know
Apparently the real artist making them wasn't there at the venue and the person selling them apparently didn't know them.

D

Deleted member

Never said it was a bad thing
I just suck vs people that don't just let me grab them and jank them :(

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a picture of that DIME 8 drawing that was taped to the corner of the store counter? I forget to capture it. D:

DIME 8 was probably the best DIME I've been to so far, learning-wise. I feel like I discovered a bunch of things I was doing wrong and improved overall.
Uh oh, guess I should have gone for the money match as soon as I had the chance. :3

WEB: Yeah, I wanted to get that MM with you, but I did end up having to leave early. I was pretty pumped for it, since Pinku told me that your Marth got a lot better since last DIME, but it ended up falling through I guess. Next time, definitely.
Whatever warrior skills I possessed at PaRG 2 were not in my possession at this tourney, but I suppose I have something to live up to now. Thanks, Pinku. XP

Come play with xoRi, Pinku, and I then. I main Fox, and Pinku has a pocket fox. If you get a netplay adapter and don't have terrible internet, we'll be playing on dolphin like every night probably.
What it's like? Playing Melee with groups of people to train... I... I do not understand this.
Also, I might look into netplay when I have more time. Slight lag with regular dolphin play though (for me), so meh.

(On a side note though in one match I JV4 stocked your Marth with no practice #FRAYYY :gova:)
I witnessed the end of this.

Last edited:

Penguin_ftw

Smash Apprentice
All the tournament sets I recorded will also get uploaded to YouTube, as well as the streamed matches once I figure out the most efficient way to obtain Twitch archive videos.
Just upload that **** dude, you don't need to convert Twitch archives into Youtube, all that matters is that the video exists.

PTJon

Smash Cadet
Just upload that **** dude, you don't need to convert Twitch archives into Youtube, all that matters is that the video exists.
ive already started so might aswell finish haha. I just think getting stuff on youtube is another good way to help expand the texas scene

Last edited:

Quot3

Melee'er
3DS FC
4253-4705-1339
Great tournament, Gabe you did an amazing job running it all. Here are some shoutouts:

Hamlin: Playing against a good yoshi is fun, it makes me have to think harder to work around the weird yoshi things like super armor. GG's in that MM

Ezra: You played much better in our MM than you did against me at Bit Battles, you got some good conversions and solid edgeguards. GG's

@Sizzle so glad we got to play again, you showed me a lot of things that I need to work on and the games were really fun. Look forward to playing with you again man

Denthorn: Thanks for playing all those different matchups with me, you're a really friendly guy and I look forward to getting to play with you in the future

Quote: You've got a really technical Fox. I heard from PTJon that you've really put in work on learning the character, and it definitely shows. I'm going to win next time, though.
GG's, your Fox seems like it's moving along the right track, just continue to play against really good fox mains like Mojo, Disafter, Gabe, Sizzle and others and get good advice from them to help you improve. And I'd like to see you try ;)

Didn't get in all the MM's I had hoped to due to TV's being used for tournament, hopefully at the next event I can get in all the MM's I want. Again, GG's everyone.

Top Bottom