• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Digging Deeper - Shovel Knight for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
I've wanted Shovel Knight in Smash ever since... Well, honestly, only about a month ago, when I got Shovel Knight for the first time on my Switch. But I instantly fell in love, and would love to see him in everyone's favorite fighting game.
(Note: Not literally everyone's favorite fighting game.)

Up Special: Mobile Gear: Shovel Knight can do things in the air, but his vertical recovery is terrible. This up special throws out the relic known as the Mobile Gear. It can be used to ride across land or to stick onto walls, but hop on it and it starts moving and doesn't stop. It sticks into walls, where it will eventually explode. Reverse stage guarding and gimps can easily be pulled off of this from a master.

Neutral Special: Chaos Sphere: Cliche idea neutral idea, but that is because it is obvious. Throw a bouncing, multi-hitting ball of death, in which up to three can be out at a time.

Side Special: Propeller Dagger: Dash forward to whatever horizontal direction you choose. This is why Shovel Knight's horizontal recovery is good. He is immune in the dagger, and the dagger hits once on anyone in the way.

Down Special: War Horn: How about a slow startup, long lag move that destroys all nearby (Except friendly) Projectiles and deals damage and tons of knockback and has super armor the whole duration except for the startup and end? Because that is what this is.

Other Ideas

Side Smash: That charge attack with your shovel. Basic.

Down Smash: Though it wouldn't hit on both sides, it would be cool if you dug at a dirt pile and flung rocks and dirt and treasure at your foes from pretty decent distances. In fact, maybe the first press summons the pile, the 2nd hits it once, the 3rd hits it twice, and the 4th throws the rest. If it is left alone for too long or an opponent hits it, it disappears.

Down Air: You use your Shovel Drop. It is like Link's but you have better horizontal movement, as in you actually control it, and you bounce higher. Bouncing Higher isn't always a good thing though, it gives the opponent better time to retaliate.

Down Throw: You grab your foe, lay them in front of you, and lay down the Fishing Rod's strong anchor upon them.

Forward Throw: You throw your opponent lightly forward, and follow up with the Dust Knuckles. This can go off the edge and leave you in a fallstate, but the damage is pretty good.

Up Throw: You throw your opponents upwards, and throw a Throwing Anchor after them. It sends them high, so it is terrible for follow-ups, but not a half bad kill option. Though this doesn't matter in 1v1s, the falling anchor can hit other foes or other hittable things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom