• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difficulty using Kirby's horizontal cutter

Cokes-a-Cola

Smash Rookie
I can't seem to get it when I'm trying to, though I often do it by accident offstage.
Am I just getting the timing wrong?

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
In order to do it you just need to
  • be in the air
  • hold B
So just activate up-B like normal, keep holding B, and then shift your control stick to the side.

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
The trick is that it isn't actually an alternate direction choice (like with Fox or Falco's up-B). It's actually a *cancel*. You have to shift your stick from up to forward WHILE Kirby is holding his cutter below him. If you do it right away it doesn't register - instead wait about 1/8 of a second.

Fusiongt

Smash Rookie
Also I noticed you can only do it facing forward. So make Kirby face the way you want to do it before you try it otherwise it'll do a regular vertical cutter.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Pretty sure i was doing it the opposite direction of what i was facing. I might be something with the timing, dunno.
I'd assume it uses same method to turn around up b, but followed by input to the side.
But like others said, you have to start the cutter from the air and then it should work

Cokes-a-Cola

Smash Rookie
Oh wow, it's actually pretty easy to do once you know how to do it, I was beginning to think it was broken, haha.
I think It'd be nice to be able to do it on the ground as well, though it's already pretty fabulous as it is.

Thanks everyone!

Rizner

Smash Ace
Oh wow, it's actually pretty easy to do once you know how to do it, I was beginning to think it was broken, haha.
I think It'd be nice to be able to do it on the ground as well, though it's already pretty fabulous as it is.

Thanks everyone!
You're able to do it as soon as you jump, which means you can wavedash right after a hit or the finish of it. Once you get the timing down you can do it almost at ground level pretty reliably

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Even though it is easier to pull off once you get it, I think that the input should be more lenient.

Airrider

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. You gotta be careful not to sidecutter when you want to go up. I like the way the input works. Once you learn you wont't miss it.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
As long as you are *holding* forward and B on frame 22 (?), it will work.

taobella

Smash Rookie
i need help with doing this skill. i tried reading everything on here. i even try going to training mode and setting the game at 1/4 speed to see if i am just not doing it fast enough. but i just do not understand why this was made so hard. any help would be great i would love a video showcasing the timing. so i can studie it :).

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm wondering if anybody is now having trouble performing this after the most recent patch that apparently made the move "more lenient."

Side note: Cutter Dash on the ground is hot.

taobella

Smash Rookie
i just got my new wii controller today it solve all my problems i was trying to preform it on a wii mote. i just could not do it but know that i have a real controller i can do 9/10 no problem :D. i bought Wii pro classic model. everything work fine now :D.

it seem it all on my end not game at all sorry for complaining on here :D.

Top Bottom