• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different ways to hold controller when playing Jigglypuff

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I do understand that how you hold a controller is completely up to you and that you should choose whatever is most comfortable for you. I would like to know different methods of holding your controller and if there are any benefits. I myself use the claw-method where my right thumb is on the C-stick, my index finger is on the Y-button and my middle finger is on the right trigger. After going to my first local tournament, I did happen to look at how other Puff mains held their controller. Most of them held it normally and even one person was doing the same method as Hungrybox.

You could post photos of hand positions to further explain things.

Last edited:

SadFlyersFan

Smash Rookie
NNID
SadFlyersFan
I hold the controller normally simply because I feel like the claw grip is just grinding the ligaments in my hand to dust. Granted, the gamecube controller's normal grip isn't all that much better.

Top Bottom