• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different ways on fighting D3 with ROB?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
We must struggle for %'s, King Dedede just gets it cheap.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's not THAT much harder than MK to the point of what Vex is making it out to be - but I am definitely convinced now that DDD is ROB's hardest matchup, and not MK. The difference is noticable, but not huge.

And Eric- did you say to take DDD to FD? What the beep?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
It's not THAT much harder than MK to the point of what Vex is making it out to be - but I am definitely convinced now that DDD is ROB's hardest matchup, and not MK. The difference is noticable, but not huge.

And Eric- did you say to take DDD to FD? What the beep?
Yus, I dids. As long as we stay on the side that will cause the least amount CG opportunities, then it doesn't bother me. When recovering, I usually shot a top behind D3, and fall behind it to regain ground control. Or just mix it up on w/e the situation is.

Then again...I'm a little beeped in the head.
;D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no, IT'S hopeless

/hope

Seriously, this is ROBs worst matchup. Providing the DDD doesn't have the intelligence of a bag of rocks, a pocket MK is better

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I disagree. Where I get killed against MK is offstage, which is where I usually am. I stay offstage vs. DDD too and I make it back fine. With MK, I almost always stage damage when staying offstage against MK whereas with DDD, I make it back perfectly fine 99% of the time. If your ROB is a helicopter like mine and likes to stay offstage, then MK is your worst, not DDD.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yeah I think MK is worse too.

Even given that I got eliminated by Fizzles D3 this past weekend, after I JV 2 stocked his lucario, I stayed ROB for the set.

TheMike

Smash Lord
DDD can rack up the same damage MK does throughout the stock in a few throws. gg. I agree with Chibo when he says DDD is harder than MK but not that much.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I find DDD to be much more stage specific, If we fight him on Castle seige or Delfino we're f***ed because there are large portions of the stage where he can zone us and a grab anywhere leads to death. On other stages he's more bearable, I can poke him and plank.

But MK just destroys us everywhere.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I two-stocked Fizzle's Dedede, Sil, even if I lost to his MK and Lucario loooooool. I took my chance but I think that's the last time I let anyone play Lucario against me on Mansion. ;o

I mean, even if I haven't learned my lesson it might be the last time I ever get to play at a tourney where Mansion is legal anyway, since Nope is moving his monthlies over to the MLG ruleset and it's already disallowed most any other time...

Dedede on those stages isn't that bad. Where Delfino is a walkoff or a wall infinite, you just don't approach him in those areas until the next transition. Castle Siege's transformations are brief enough you can just jump up and stall for a couple seconds, and the ample room on Castle Siege's second spot makes it impossible for Dedede to chase anyone between banisters. ;/

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm fine with mansion, I would just ban wherever you have the most trouble fighting D3 (against Fizzle at least)

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm sad that mansion is gone, but there is a very fine line of characters that are amazing there, then the rest of the cast who suck there, I won't take olimar, lucario, snake, sonic, pika, mario, (another ROB, heh), or MK there (unless they're not nado spammy, then I take them there, its how I got M2K to last stock at the God Kais Brawl Bootcamp Lv.2 lol). But its one of the best CP's to use against Pit.

What stage did you fight him on? I'm impressed.
My set vs him went:
1st match: Struck to BF, pretty sure he won on last stock low %, iirc I ate a nasty gordo 2nd stock that nearly killed me.
He banned Frigate or RC.
2nd match: cp to YI, JV 2 stocked his lucario
I banned Delfino.
3rd match: He CP'd me to Castle Seige with D3 and 2 stocked me.

edit: Mr. Eric, if you've got time you should get on aim.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
What stage did you fight him on? I'm impressed.

My set vs him went: blagh blagh
Struck to Yoshi's. I think that's where we were when I two-stocked him last time in that set we weren't actually supposed to play yet, too. :[ (I had to fight him a round later and got my *** beat then instead.)

Second game, banned FD and he went Brinster, so I used Wario for his MK... and actually was leading through the first "half" of the match, then totally screwed up second stock and lost it from there. :( Then third game I knew he'd go Lucario on Mansion and I figured I'd try my luck but it wasn't meant to be.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I thought I could game the stage better but it's bitten me in the bum one too many times (read: twice) now. :[ Oh well, it was non-elim pools.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I just don't see how exactly Dedede is so hard. For MK he can just barrage us with everything he got without much chance for us to do. But Dedede? He got his bair... and cg? So like what makes the MU so ****ed up?

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Meta Knight is still the worst MU. Just plank King Dedede, but it's still a hard matchup. =/

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
MK>>DDD vs Rob. My opinion can't changed on that match up lol. DDD's still a gay character to fight but still not MK gay.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I still think MK is worse. I mean, I MAY be wrong, but at least I don't get frustrated playing DDDs whereas I get super frustrated against MKs.

Top Bottom