• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Different ledge recovering tactics..?

Get gud

Smash Rookie
Now I don't want to seem like a bad player but I main Kirby. I love the franchise and the character. Not the moveset. I just recently broke into Elite Smash and found a bunch of really good ledge gaurding characters. Now I don't believe in "the character is great you just suck" mentality because some characters are just...... bad (e.g current Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, and Little Mac) however I do know that if you lose a match you look at what you did wrong and be careful not to make that mistake again. Simple. Problem is I can't. Mixing up your recovery is one option except for the problem that kirby only has three recovery tactics (e.g up B, Di onto ledge, and float above stage) that all gets pretty predictable over time. Please give me some tips on how to improve on ledge recovering and some examples. Please refrain from get gud comments as they don't do anything and just waste time.

Last edited:

GovernedSky779

Smash Rookie
I've tried floating above stage then down b to ledge then down b release (under ledge of course to avoid getting poked as the release animation sends kirby up a bit), it's not an option to use often but I hope it's something

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
With his slow fall speed and slow horizontal movement, and also how punishable the apex of his upB is, you don't really have many options. Best you can do is airdodge towards the ledge and abuse the invincibility frames you get from it. Save your jumps unless you're recovering from high up.

I guess a decent recovery mixup would be to upB from a decent high, and just ride the downwards slash towards the ledge.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
(When coming from above) I sometimes use down b and then quickly change back to catch my opponent off guard :>

Now obviously you can only do this once or twice in a match before it becomes predictable but people often forget that kirby even has this move.

Lunardog15

Smash Cadet
I find if you down b on to the ground and when they go to punish you back air. this actually gets a lot of people

Top Bottom