• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Difference between Smash players between games?

AnEnemyMongoose

Smash Cadet
So, like all of us, it didn't take me long to figure out that all Smash games are very different. So that would imply the players of each game all play differently and have different styles/specialties.

So what makes pros from each of the games in the series different from pros in the other games (like how Smash 64 players are different from Melee players, Melee players are different from Brawl players, etc)? In terms of mindset, specialties, technical ability, personality, yadiyadiyada.

Lemme know if I'm wording badly.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So, like all of us, it didn't take me long to figure out that all Smash games are very different (and not created equal).
What does that even mean? Something like that will just make a heated discussion.

I don't really think there's much difference aside from playstyle and technical ability. The basic fundamentals are the same across the games (and fighting games in general) so the only difference is how these fundamentals are employed. Someone who plays Melee may be a hell of a lot more aggressive in playstyle than someone who plays Smash 4 because Melee does lend itself better to highly aggressive play.

Project M players are probably not as precise as Melee players when it comes to tech because PM has, even if slightly, more forgiving windows.

Mindset, everyone wants to win. Personality, they have a winning one.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
I'm not sure I understand what you want here.
But eh, let's see if I hit this one.

I guess Melee players are aggresive, Brawl and Sm4sh players are defensive?

Top Bottom