• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy's Movie Closet: Video Thread

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hi! I hope you enjoy this thread and post all your awesome Diddy Kong tournament vids, Pro tournament vids, tech and guide vids, basically if Diddy is mentioned somewhere then it probably belongs here.

Now, in order to make sure this thread remains useful, rules are needed.

1: E10 rating. Pretty much a rule for the entire site.
2: Diddy Kong related, preferably Smash 4 Diddy Kong.
3: Don't overly advertise your channel itself. Post as many of your videos as you want, but don't overly advertise your channel.

And that's it!

Feel free to post your content here or endorse your channel!

Format coming later.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Archives:

I will be adding relevant tourney vids and guides here under a spoiler.

Apex 2015:

Evo 2015:

Big House 4:

Genesis 3:

2GG Fatality Saga:

2GG Esam Saga:

Pax South 2016:

Coming soon!

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Couldn't find @Pazx 's post anywhere...

Here we go!
Pazx Vs. Saucydancer (CS13 Losers Semis)

From M2's POV

Combos:
Game 1:
Nair-Fair
Dtilt-Uair
Dtilt-Fair
Phase Fair-Fair

Game 2:

Movement:
Game 1:
Confusion
Phasing
Foxtrot Dancing
Running
Rolling

Game 2:

Average Death Percent:
Game 1:
106%

Game 2:

Average Kill Percent:
Game 1:
105%
124%

Game 2:

Notes (Game 1):

0:00: Starts off by charging SB and then, predicting an offensive option, throws it out.
0:08: Mewtwo capatilizes on the closeness of Diddy and procedes with a mix-up DA, which clashes with Diddy's OoS Banana, winning the trade, Mewtwo proceeds to press the advantage with another DA.
0:10: Mewtwo overextends and is punished with a Fair, resetting to neutral. Mewtwo tries to phase in but hits the banana. Picking the same offensive option, he again approaches with a phase. Diddy blocks it and punishes the Mewtwo heavily.
0:25: Mewtwo goes for a Dtilt-Uair-DJ Fair string, which isn't true. However, the Diddy gets hit, suggesting lack of MU knowledge.
0:28: The Mewtwo again overextends and the Diddy punishes with a Bair and then gains stage control.
0:50: Mewtwo losses his first stock because he lost stage control
0:51: Using his invincibility, the Mewtwo gets the Diddy into the air and proceeds to apply pressure, leading to a tech read-Disable true combo.
1:10: Mewtwo tightens up his defense and starts using safer options and reading more.
1:20: Mewtwo uses more Nair and Dtilt to space out Diddy and get the small punishes in.

Notes (Game 2):

Thoughts:

Mewtwo always jumps from ledge and then stalls with confusion or a variant of this.

Prefers FC SB and rarely uses Mini SB.

Proficient in Phasing and Dtilt combos but not PP, LC or Utilt/Uair combos.

Likes to roll through the opponent.

Prefers Nair for edge-guarding.

Read based player. 90% of advantaged states started by Mewtwo where done with a read.

Tends to overextend.

Mewtwo rolls and Spotdodges a lot, but surprisingly, his rolls rarely get punished.

Mewtwo tends to go for the read option even if something is true. Example, he jabbed diddy, but then rolled behind and grabbed.

After a Dtilt at high percents, he likes to DJ aerial, usually to catch an airdodge.

Always airdodges after a Dtilt

Tends to airdodge into the ground after a light hit or land with an aerial like Nair otherwise.

From Diddy's POV

Combos:
Uthrow-Fair
Dtilt-Usmash
Dtilt-Grab
Uthrow-Uair
Dthrow-Bair

Movement:
Foxtrot
MF
MFBR
Running

Average Death Percent:

Game 1:
105%
124%

Average Kill Percent:

Game 1:
106%

Notes:

0:00: Starts with a banana
0:06: Diddy immediately approaches, but misspaces and ends up too close to Mewtwo. Mewtwo punishes.
0:10: Diddy resets neutral with a FF Fair and retreats to get a banana out.
0:12: Banana lost, approaches with a Foxtrot-Shield, but then retreats and pulls out another banana.
0:20: After getting punished for MU inexperience, the Diddy regains the stage and keeps Mewtwo in the air with a series of Aerials, punishing his options.
0:40: Diddy does a good job of punishing Mewtwo's landing options.
0:50: Punishes a landing option and gets the stock.
1:00: Diddy whiffs a combo and Mewtwo is able to keep stage control, leading to a stock.
1:10: diddy starts whiffing most aerials and moves.
Diddy gets punished for drawing banana at 1:20 and 1:40.
2:00: Diddy starts Mfing a lot for some reason. Costs him the game.

Thoughts:

Pulls a Banana whenever possible. Good idea, but Diddy gets punished a couple of times.

Diddy started playing offensively in the second stock, instead of the more reserved, punishing style showcased in the first.

Covers landing options extremely well.

Mixes up recovery options.

Wasn't able to challenge Nair or Phase.

Couldn't break Mewtwo's Dtilt defense.

Ethan7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BulbapediaEditor
Edit 2:And, it is real on :4bowserjr:, apparently.. I can't tell what the tweet is saying as it is in Japanese.
Edit:Not real. Apparently, the opponent will be able to roll right after being hit by the banana that way.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
there are the vids from the last monthly in my region, Sicily (Italy), played 09/18/2016 :

Spat (Diddy Kong) vs Fabs (Greninja, Peach), match for the first place in Pool-Round Robin :
https://youtu.be/iY8qMo-ngFQ?list=PLucm-mU6P85-4DX81lcKFlxhbddvd2wtV

Spat (Diddy Kong) vs Saibel (Sheik), Winner Quarter :

https://youtu.be/MfhxXNvna8g

Spat (Diddy Kong) vs Shunf (Donkey Kong), Loser Round 3

https://youtu.be/CSWQzwLLR4U?list=PLucm-mU6P85-4DX81lcKFlxhbddvd2wtV

(a bit of "lore": Shunf is the best player in Sicily, winner of 7 monthly in a row, and in the top 12 in Italian PR; He classified 4th at the last italian national tournament, Icarus2. At this monthly, Saibel defeated him in loser final, but then losed in GF against Sim-Max (another player in the italian PR). Before the beginning of Shunf's reign, Saibel had won 3 sicilian monthly in a row).
Instead, currently I occupy the 4th position in the Sicilian ELO ranking, but I consider myself just the 6th/7th player in my community)

I'm open to all critics and suggestions!

Last edited:
Top Bottom