• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddys at Apex

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yo...georgia isnt dfear friendly...i ALWAYS have a bad experience there :\

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the money to go. =\

I showed some of my cool stuff to ADHD but YOU NEED TO KNOW TOO. =D

Vega4

Smash Ace
I don't have the money to go. =\

I showed some of my cool stuff to ADHD but YOU NEED TO KNOW TOO. =D
Hey, if that's the main reason, you can get money to go on the donation topic:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=314952

Guys, you should help Felix to go there, Player-1 donated money for a guy from Chile, he could help Felix to go there, and all of you too. It would be a waste not having him there.

The_SMILE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it would be awesome if one of you that knows the Peach and Fox match ups could show me a few things before pools starts?

Sails

Smash Ace
Hey guys, it would be awesome if one of you that knows the Peach and Fox match ups could show me a few things before pools starts?
I can let you in on a secret for the Fox matchup. Now this is going to sound silly, but it really is quite useful. Upsmash. I'm not saying spam it, but when Fox is close and you know you're about to get beaten out by his quickness (Such as when you're in shield next to him, and have no banana), use Upsmash out of shield. From my experience, it murders a lot of Fox's up close options, and since he falls fast, he eats the majority of the move. In fact, you can spam it at low percents and probably net a second or even third hit with it.

Other than that, if Fox is in the air, remember his mobility is limited when approaching. If he's high up, he's going to come down at you at a sharp angle, so be in that area and just glide toss downwards, moving Diddy backwards away from him. Oftentimes he'll land right in to the banana and allows you a free forward smash.

As you should know, when Fox is offstage, he has few options for recovery. Side-B and Up-B. For Side-B, you can obviously just bait it out with a banana in your hand, and punish it however you wish. You can try and peg him with it early offstage if you predict it, to which you would grab the ledge and if he's far away enough, grants you a gimp. You can also of course shield it and glide toss towards him, allowing another punish after. When he's charging Up-B, the flames do no damage to you unlike Falco. This gives you ample time to FAir him or BAir him, whichever for whatever situation.

Watch out for his shine! It is very simple for him to drop off the ledge and nail you with his shine, gimping you in both barrels and without barrels. The further you are away (But not too far) from the stage when recovering, the better. If you are recovering from slightly under the stage, enough to dodge his straight fall down to shine, this is still dangerous as you are likely to be BAir'd. Always try to DI upwards and recover high. A skilled Fox will hit you out of your barrels even as you're flying with them and really make you irritated.

His favorite kill move is Upsmash, and Fox is going to spam it as it has a little bit of safety to it. It's fast and it has invincibility frames on his head. This means that approaching Upsmash is going to annoy you if you try to attack through it. Just shield his approach with a banana in hand when at high percentages (And high would be around 100+, as it can kill pretty early when fresh) and you're good. Keep punishing his hits on your shield with the banana to whatever and he has trouble.

When you're in high kill percent range, such as 160%+, just shield/eat lasers. No point in trying to approach through his camping when the next hit he gets on you is probably going to kill you anyways. Force him to approach and you win so long as you know your options and can outplay him.

This matchup definitely requires a bit of practice, so if you can snag a Fox to play against for a bit, I'd recommend it.

Top Bottom