• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

:(Diddydied):

Temkin

BUSTER
Has anyone tried diddy in 3.6b yet? He feels mostly unchanged for the most part. Seems like he got a few buffs.
For those who haven't seen them yet.

Smashes
-Forward Smash
--Added a frame before first hit and removed a frame between hits so characters with a 4 frame landing can't DI down and shield between them.
--Reduced 1st hit's damage from 5 to 4.

Specials
-Up Special (Rocketbarrel Boost)
--Barrel movement reverted to Brawl. Barrels explode on contact with the stage and players, but deal minimal damage (1-3%) and don't cause flinching.
--Hitbox appears starting frame 11 instead of 1 so that interrupting Diddy when he's using up-b doesn't immediately cause the barrels to explode.

Forward smash doesn't drop characters now. Well most of them.
Rockets got changed for the better I think. Feels better to angle them now. But sadly they do close to nothing now when you get hit. Which I personally don't understand why they made them so weak but oh well. People's thoughts on diddy this version for those who are left?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Diddy is great. Some of his worst MUs got nerfed (Fox, we can always buffer rolls out of wolf nair shield pressure), and general system changes helped him a lot. C-sticks not auto fast falling when used during platform fall through animation is huge, allows for Drop cancel upairs (What I mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyh93aFS13E). It fills a gap in diddy's punish game and is great

The buff itself is amazing, people can't panic hold down+shield and get out of fsmash now, and if they do they pretty much die. Barrel change means its not even a thing to worry about, they shouldn't ever been able to flinch, it was jank. Otherwise his up-b is the same exactly as 3.5.

Samus/Peach MUs are still just are horrible but now those are the only 2 I feel are unwinnable, everything else is completely feasible to win in. His MU spread changed slighty with Ness getting buffed (I think we lose that MU now) but we also hard bodie lucario now.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
While I agree matchup vs Samus was made a lot worse after 3.02, (up throw and fair o.p) what makes the peach matchup so difficult. Diddy for the most part stops her from doing what she wants to, but I feel the matchup is more stage dependent than anything. Still is annoying diddy is the worst character at killing vertically when playing against floaties.

Last edited:

Temkin

BUSTER
While I agree matchup vs Samus was made a lot worse after 3.02, (up throw and fair o.p) what makes the peach matchup so difficult. Diddy for the most part stops her from doing what she wants to, but I feel the matchup is more stage dependent than anything. Still is annoying diddy is the worst character at killing vertically when playing against floaties.
For the most part I get some free fsmash or fairs with banana trips and I think diddy vertical game is his best. I will have to try to remember when I play floaties but I don't remember for the most part being to difficult.

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
I said diddy is the worst at killing to the top of the screen, as in no move close to a fox up smash. Strongest vertical launcher is nair. Diddy is a combo video waiting to happen, but that doesn't mean the character doesn't suffer from marth syndrome every now and then.

Temkin

BUSTER
I said diddy is the worst at killing to the top of the screen, as in no move close to a fox up smash. Strongest vertical launcher is nair. Diddy is a combo video waiting to happen, but that doesn't mean the character doesn't suffer from marth syndrome every now and then.
Oopos sorry mixed up vertical and horizontal

Top Bottom