• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Let's just hope that if he gets nerfed, they don't mess with his frame data. I'm most concerned about that since a lot of characters had their frame data messed with in the last balance patch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey guys, I've been a diddy main since brawl and have finally decided to embrace him in smash 4. Just thought I'd say hi and hopefully have things to contribute in the future

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I was thinking about getting a Diddy Kong shirt. Which one is the best one out there and does it have the stars on both sides like Diddy's actual shirt?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Up air and Down Throw both got nerfed.

If those are the only nerfs though, he's still quite amazing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Uair got weakened in knockback marginally, it actually combos better before.

Wasn't really a nerf LMFAO good job Satsuma

But yeah there have been a bunch of aerial nerfs

Last edited:

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Diddy kong can basically only kill with forward smash now, and im pretty sure that got nerfed too

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
His forward smash's frame data was worsened and his down throw sucks now. I have a feeling we're going to see his Rocket Barrel Attack custom special get used way more often in the future to make up for his worsened kill power.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Largely depends on how I feel. Both Diddy Kong and Meta Knight are my best characters, but I have super off days with both of them and a lot of people don't know the Meta Knight matchup well. Olimar in particular is probably a character I typically do better with Meta Knight. Now that Diddy Kong has been nerfed, who knows now though. Despite having five mains, I'm probably going to focus primarily on Diddy Kong and Meta Knight for awhile. I really have no idea how much the Diddy Kong nerfs will affect my performance with that character. I used forward air and forward smash a lot to get kills, but the kill power for forward air is now terrible and forward smash's newly implemented landing lag is going to force me to be more careful with that move. That move was one of the least punishable forward smashes in the game where you could easily forward smash, then run or roll if you read poorly. I also used down throw constantly and that grab move now sucks. Up throw has always been my least favorite throw for Diddy Kong, so the fact that now has to be my most used throw for damage is beyond irritating.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I got a lot of kills as :diddy: with D Smash and D Air, so I guess I'll have to get used to that again...

Blue Mage

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neoceus
3DS FC
1762-2875-1153
Compared to Brawl, isn't Down Smash much weaker?
Yeah, in Sm4sh his Dsmash is more of a roll catcher and a "get off me" move rather than a dedicated killer.

Although I THINK the back hitbox is stronger than the front, so if you manage to catch them with that it might net you a kill.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
The back end of it is a very good kill move, but the front end of it isn't powerful at all.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I dont think the back part of Dsmash is stronger than Fsmash i'll have to re-check but if it is you can do JCT Banana > Perfect Pivot Forward Dsmash. Diddy will instantly turn around and only hit with the back part I do it at times just to look flashy lol.

Conti

Smash Ace
That is flashy, and so people know.
Fsmash is better then Dsmash in terms of killing but not speed. Fsmash will net around 110-140, in a situation where Dsmash wont kill til 160-190, The back swing of Dsmash has more KB probly kills around 140/150-170 [Random guessed numbers its something like that]
Dsmash is good to get someone off you as someone else said.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I wish dsmash was faster tbh, coming off of years of maining Falco it just doesn't match up lol

Conti

Smash Ace
<3 Falco, Yeah i have had the brawl habit of banana to Dsmash forever, trying to break that habit and use Fsmash more, Dsmash is really good if u hit them from a slight distance tho cuz u wont get the Fsmash off if they are exiting the trip animation and about/or are rolling.

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
is there a skype group for diddy kong? i've heard of this for other characters

InBOUNDHD

Smash Cadet
Yes, message me your skype name and we'll add you to the group if you haven't been added already!

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
[LINK]

I posted there about my experience with a tournament I went to today. Mostly used Meta Knight, but also used Diddy Kong in some matches. Also complained quite a bit about the balance patch. I hate the balance patch so much.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
balance patch was fine, you're just overreacting because you never learned to actually play the character, just abuse his good traits

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
All of his best moves besides bananas and down tilt got massively nerfed, and now he's mostly ground based for kills now. No other character got nerfed from this balance anywhere near that badly and he's the only character to have to deal with this so late into the game's lifespan. That sucks, especially since I prefer getting my kills in the air (which is why Meta Knight is one of my mains).

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Will Diddy again be the most ignored Top Tier character despite his potential like in Brawl now that these nerfs have hit us this hard..?

Swanky_

Smash Cadet
Seems that way so far at least. Board has been very inactive since the nerf.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Will Diddy again be the most ignored Top Tier character despite his potential like in Brawl now that these nerfs have hit us this hard..?
As long as ZeRo continues to main him among many other Diddy Kong mains prior to the patch, he will not be an ignored character.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I still like Diddy! I've been more active in the bowjr, threads since I was awning him for a tourney, but now that that's over I'll look around my other mains threads.

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
Hey guys i know i haven't been on smashboards in a while but whatever i'm just saying that i don't use diddy anymore since he sucks now. I heard sheik was the best so i use her now. Later chimps.

Top Bottom