• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Diddy Kong Social Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I played with one of your homies yesterday at a smashfest I hosted. Olimar main named Austin that goes to USC. Hi, GDX. :)

Vato_break checking in! ^_^
Oh yeah, he told me he's coming back home for alittle bit this month. Also, I recognize your name at least :laugh:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
There should be less ending lag with a JCT banana instead of a dash toss.
And a JC toss will put you right in to walking animation allowing for a grab/whatever immediately after throwing it.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Just started playing Diddy Kong and I am in love. Played him against my friend 1v1 and a few viewers last night while streaming... and yeah, again, I'm in love. So much fun and matches my play style.

Doroco

Smash Cadet
Guys ive invented an indepth guide to diddy king. First you play another character you might like more, even if their low tier. For me this is marth. Step 2 someone taunts you after he beats you with your other character. Step 3 pick diddy and destroy them while repeatedly doing the clapping taunt. Step 4 generate salt. 10/10 works every time

tibs7

Smash Champion
i legit think they will ban diddy over here in aus.
and apparently sakurai isnt patching so its sad :*(

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
He won't even end up being the best character in the game anyway.

Besides, how many Diddies are in your state anyway? From what I've heard he's not getting used too much in tourneys over here at the moment.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Hey guys, I'm a Diddy co-main (he's tied with Link for my number one). Just wanted to say I love this monkey and I'm hoping to get to improve from catching up on here from time to time.
I fell in love with Diddy for his crazy aerial games and head games (because a cartwheel and 2 bananas are better than one) in Brawl.

Just wanted to throw out a friendly "nice to meet you all" message.

Last edited:

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
I've been inactive for about a week from Smash 4 due to real life Johns and the fact that most of my matches start with "Oh great Diddy Kong." It's pretty degrading.

Last edited:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I've been inactive for about a week from Smash 4 due to real life Johns and the fact that most of my matches start with "Oh great Diddy Kong." It's pretty degrading.
You get used to people hating your character. Not much has changed since 2008 :laugh:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
That has actually kept me from staying motivated in matches recently back then during the release it was "Oh nice you use Diddy Kong hes alright" Now its "Great job using a broken character" I try brushing it off but sometimes it really bothers me.

I haven't even been in the lab with him heavily like old times.

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
You get used to people hating your character. Not much has changed since 2008 :laugh:
Not for me, because I was the only Brawl Diddy Kong in New England that was a threat so it wasn't an issue back in ye day :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
They didn't ban mk in brawl they won't ban diddy.

When smash 4 came out I just wanted to main an easy to understand top tier character since I'm not that competitive these days. Glad Diddy is op again. Yay.

Edit: Hi friends

Last edited:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I just like Diddy..lol

Anyways mostly this character board has become a little dull with either complaints about the character or silly questions that should've never been posted.

So...

Hope everyone is enjoying their happy holidays.

How is everyones Diddy performing lately?

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Could someone explain to me what I did here?
Oh you know, just monkeying around. :D

I dunno, though, but it looks like a delayed b-reverse almost?
You weren't inputting the reverse direction on the c-stick were you? (I'm guessing you were on the wii u version)

I'll try a few things and see if I can't mimic it!

Last edited:

LogicallyHank

Smash Rookie
I'm not that great at Smash but I can't seem to land the down throw + up air that consistently. Is it only possible if you predict your opponent's movements/air dodges? When is it better to up air, front air, and back air?

Thanks!

Erionn

Smash Cadet
Oh you know, just monkeying around. :D

I dunno, though, but it looks like a delayed b-reverse almost?
You weren't inputting the reverse direction on the c-stick were you? (I'm guessing you were on the wii u version)

I'll try a few things and see if I can't mimic it!
That video was on the 3DS. I can't remember exactly what I was doing, but I'm pretty sure I just tried to run back and shield when I landed.

I remember @Azazel made a nice post about how the Side-B can create a slide like that. It should be in the competitive Diddy thread.
Ah so it is, thanks.

Last edited:

Bullys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bullys23
Just started playing Diddy Kong and I am in love. Played him against my friend 1v1 and a few viewers last night while streaming... and yeah, again, I'm in love. So much fun and matches my play style.
The first couple of times I played diddy I didnt really like him, then I gave him another go and I fell in love, it just shows you what giving a little bit of a chance to some things can do.

I just like the amount of options you get with him - I started with Marth and Capt Falcon when I got the 3DS sm4sh, but really started to feel limited with having no ranged options and being stuck on approaches. Diddy gave many ways out of that, any game I play I've always preferred to have us much utility as possible and not be limited.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
The first couple of times I played diddy I didnt really like him, then I gave him another go and I fell in love, it just shows you what giving a little bit of a chance to some things can do.

I just like the amount of options you get with him - I started with Marth and Capt Falcon when I got the 3DS sm4sh, but really started to feel limited with having no ranged options and being stuck on approaches. Diddy gave many ways out of that, any game I play I've always preferred to have us much utility as possible and not be limited.
Nice!! I was the same way also, hah. First few times I played him, I didn't really get him... and I guess after learning to play ZSS a lot better, it kinda clicked (Even tho they are different). I still can't play him on Brawl or PM (same for ZSS), but I love him here. I just have A LOT of practice to do. I can beat a lot of my friend's main with him, but I still struggle.

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
It would be really nice if people would stop complaining and making new threads every few days about Diddy, and instead learn the matchup/how to play the game. It's HIGHLY deterring me from coming around here when every thread is DIDDY 2 OP NO1 BEATS HIM I KNO CUZ I WATCH NJ/NY GF'S

He's not OP, and even if you think he is, why can't the discussion be contained in a single thread? A Pac-Man and a Sonic both beat multiple Diddy's including mine in tournament this past weekend, the Pac-Man won GFs.

http://challonge.com/WrecktheHalls_Smash4Singles

I took 4th and beat Bloodcross/outplaced Fatal ^ (+$35)

Last edited:

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
@Dakpo beat my Diddy with ZSS :(
Congrats on placing 4th though and yeah its lame that people can't adapt I still feel like Diddy has trouble against the floaties like in Brawl I haven't played a good Luigi yet but I feel he can get the upper hand in the MU. Shiek feels like a 4:6 her advantage same with Rosalina & Luma but thats it.

Also is @ DeLux DeLux still the mod? Im thinking of creating a more organized MU thread so we can get things going in here. Other character boards have it and I feel like we are really falling behind because this character has more than D-throw > U-air and I've been meaning to post alot of info on it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If you want to make a matchup thread I'll sticky it and such.

I wouldn't worry about losing too much to Dakpo, he is one of it not the best of the ZSS's in the world

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
Whoever merged threads and cleaned up, thank you very much :)

Luisfer

Smash Rookie
That has actually kept me from staying motivated in matches recently back then during the release it was "Oh nice you use Diddy Kong hes alright" Now its "Great job using a broken character" I try brushing it off but sometimes it really bothers me.

I haven't even been in the lab with him heavily like old times.
Yo I feel you about this, it's even a bit disrespectful that some people even get to the point of completely discrediting your ability as a player just because of Diddy Kong.

Anyways, since this is the social thread I just wanted to drop by and say "hi" to everyone since I'm looking to being a bit more active in Smashboards. :nifty:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dunno why Denti switched to Diddy when he already played the best character in the game (Shiek)

I keep getting either 1st or 2nd to Manny, and he's the only person beating me the past 1-2 months. While a close matchup, its really annoying :laugh:

Luisfer

Smash Rookie
Not sure if it's topic related but... any advice on where could I play really good players online? My practice is pretty much online tourneys + ladder (NintendoDojo), but that's pretty much it since there's not a strong offline community where I live.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I dunno why Denti switched to Diddy when he already played the best character in the game (Shiek)

I keep getting either 1st or 2nd to Manny, and he's the only person beating me the past 1-2 months. While a close matchup, its really annoying :laugh:
I think sonic beats diddy in this game so far.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I didn't have any of my set recorded against Espy, but I believe he's one of the harder match ups in general for Diddy.

P-1, I'll eventually win the match up. His Diddy style is primarily grabs and waiting until you land wrong and punish with more grabs. I still have more Diddy tech up my sleeve lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I think sonic beats diddy in this game so far.
Yeah, I feel like its close but Sonic's favor. Like 55-45

Also, which of you fine gents are going to Apex? It's been a few years since I've seen most you

Last edited:
Top Bottom