• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy kong movement

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I have found extended Dash Dancing to be very good, especially with the recent changes.
Then there is monkey flip into a b-reverse and that is an amazing mix-up.

Foxtrotting is great because you can banana throw out of it and stutterstep Fsmash.

LC monkey flip is sorta useful and might become a bigger part of the Metagame later.

Wave banana and wave peanut popgun are also very good to quickly change direction and get a projectile out/off.

I will be updating the AT thread soon with some new AT.

Tayman

Smash Apprentice
I like useing b rerverse to surprise my oppent with some quick damage thou I myselfing geting punished for it sometimed

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466
Main form of movement I use about 80% of the time are shield stopping to approach, and SH FF for micro spacing/ baiting. In the air I usually popgun wavebounce to mix up my landing. I used to do banana wavebounce but people in my locals how to use the banana in the MU, so it's risky giving them control of it so I don't do it much.

Tayman

Smash Apprentice
If your doing short hop fast fall you might has well do fair to it auto cancels so you might as well

Lylo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chompypy
3DS FC
0490-8557-3079
Not necessarrily.
I often SH FF with mixed things : Fair, empty for spacing purpose/baiting, tomahawk, Zcatch, wavebounce pluck or peanut.
In the air, Monkey Flip reverse cancel is a must have tech tho.

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
I have found extended Dash Dancing to be very good, especially with the recent changes.
Then there is monkey flip into a b-reverse and that is an amazing mix-up.

Foxtrotting is great because you can banana throw out of it and stutterstep Fsmash.

LC monkey flip is sorta useful and might become a bigger part of the Metagame later.

Wave banana and wave peanut popgun are also very good to quickly change direction and get a projectile out/off.

I will be updating the AT thread soon with some new AT.
Is their a way to spawn a banana and face in the same direction?

ThaQAtaQ

Smash Rookie
Main form of movement I use about 80% of the time are shield stopping to approach, and SH FF for micro spacing/ baiting. In the air I usually popgun wavebounce to mix up my landing. I used to do banana wavebounce but people in my locals how to use the banana in the MU, so it's risky giving them control of it so I don't do it much.
I have seen this many times in competitive play (shield stopping).

How does one perform shield stopping? (Please be as detailed as possible with frames TY!)

Jaylowww

Smash Cadet
NNID
thatdudejono
3DS FC
5086-1719-4466

How does one perform shield stopping? (Please be as detailed as possible with frames TY!)
It's basically putting up your shield while dashing, which causes you to stop your dash (hence the name)

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
It's basically putting up your shield while dashing, which causes you to stop your dash (hence the name)
Putting up your shield while RUNNING, the reason it's called a dash to shield is because you dash and then you shield, ideally with only a single frame of running in between.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

simply press shield button whille running, and it'll cancel the run

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
flipping to a wavebounced gun cancel feels sooooo good (that probably sounds weird out of context)
what wavebounce, do you mean simply using b reverse gun cancel after side b in the air?

that's not a wavebounce D:

WRECKITROLF

Smash Rookie
isn't wavebounce when you do a reversed b-reversed special? (sheik faces forward, jumps forward, presses back, immediately performs a b-reverse needle)?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
isn't wavebounce when you do a reversed b-reversed special? (sheik faces forward, jumps forward, presses back, immediately performs a b-reverse needle)?
yeah that's it, but isn't the side b b-reveresed peanut cancel just that, a b-reverse ?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
you can wavebounce or b-reverse the peanut popgun (or banana) after a monkey flip, both r viable options (although im so sick of people reading the momentum shift and upsmashing me smh)

wavebounce will change diddy's momentum but keep him facing the same way

Top Bottom